Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two penalties 08:56 - Sep 17 with 7908 viewsPrivate_Partz

MOTD and both pundits adamant Spurs should have had two.
Does it not have to be intentional for a penalty to be given? Olsson was trying to get his hand out of the way and the trip incident had no intention in it whatsoever as our defender was trying to make up ground and not even looking at their players feet.
Both accidental and not intentional for me.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 8:57]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Two penalties on 08:58 - Sep 17 with 3053 viewsLoyal

Which is why they weren't given, opinions.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Two penalties on 09:00 - Sep 17 with 3044 viewsPrivate_Partz

Two penalties on 08:58 - Sep 17 by Loyal

Which is why they weren't given, opinions.

I agree but had the boot been on the other foot I suspect the punditry would have had a different view.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Two penalties on 09:02 - Sep 17 with 3026 viewsLoyal

Two penalties on 09:00 - Sep 17 by Private_Partz

I agree but had the boot been on the other foot I suspect the punditry would have had a different view.

I think we got away slightly lightly but it's nice as well to see some levelling out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Two penalties on 09:12 - Sep 17 with 2979 viewsPrivate_Partz

Two penalties on 09:02 - Sep 17 by Loyal

I think we got away slightly lightly but it's nice as well to see some levelling out.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen them given and the balance most certainly needs redressing.

Two penalties on 09:14 - Sep 17 with 2961 viewshammy

Two penalties on 09:02 - Sep 17 by Loyal

Some sort of payback for that diving Delia Alli of last year ... what goes around comes around LOL

For those that think the 0-0 draw wasn't very impressive, this is the first time in 30 home games that Spurs have failed to score !

It was a great defensive performance and will give the team confidence as we start to gel better as a team.

And it must hurt the Yids that an ex-gooner was in fine form and man of the match (stand up Fabs).

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Two penalties on 09:48 - Sep 17 with 2838 viewsMo_Wives

Two penalties on 09:14 - Sep 17 by hammy

Some sort of payback for that diving Delia Alli of last year ... what goes around comes around LOL

For those that think the 0-0 draw wasn't very impressive, this is the first time in 30 home games that Spurs have failed to score !

It was a great defensive performance and will give the team confidence as we start to gel better as a team.

And it must hurt the Yids that an ex-gooner was in fine form and man of the match (stand up Fabs).

Well said, H. If they should have had two penalties and got none, then good. Pay back for that c*nt Alli last year.
BTW, Dele Alli's face bothers me...it really grips my shit. It's a face even a mother would want to slap. Just look at it...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Two penalties on 09:56 - Sep 17 with 2809 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Handball has to be intentional.
A foul no longer has to intentional so a careless trip would be a penalty but in this case M Dean had already blown up for a "handball" by the Spurs player.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Two penalties on 10:03 - Sep 17 with 2764 viewsjacabertawe

Mr Michael Dean is a wonderful referee and human being generally. I will not have a word said against him. For this game, at least.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Login to get fewer ads

Two penalties on 10:16 - Sep 17 with 2720 viewsPegojack

I thought the first one was debatable, the second one for me was a penalty, how fortunate we were that Mike Deane had already blown up for hand ball (proved incorrect by the TV replay) before the trip occurred. As others said, karma's a bitch!
Two penalties on 10:21 - Sep 17 with 2693 viewswhoflungdung

Indeed .Mike s great and a Wirral man to boot.

Always rated him

And no ...neither were penaties

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Two penalties on 10:24 - Sep 17 with 2679 viewsLoyal

Being referred to this morning as a classic performance by the Bingham and the fake Irishman on talk spurts. Nobody can condone this when it works or even better when as at anfield it gives all the points.
When it fails the gloves are always off.

Two penalties on 10:35 - Sep 17 with 2631 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Did they show the Carroll attempt on goal where it looked like he was fouled and the free kick where one of our players went down in the box?
Two penalties on 10:50 - Sep 17 with 2584 viewsPrivate_Partz

Two penalties on 10:16 - Sep 17 by Pegojack

I thought the first one was debatable, the second one for me was a penalty, how fortunate we were that Mike Deane had already blown up for hand ball (proved incorrect by the TV replay) before the trip occurred. As others said, karma's a bitch!

There was an incident in the Huddersfield v Leicester when the Leicester forward got passed his marker, there was contact and he went down.
It was deemed as no penalty by MOTD as the forward 'went down too easily'.
I would say there was more contact in this incident than there was in our incident under discussion. Our defender was merely trying to make up ground. Nothing clumsy, just trying to close the gap. There was contact as the boots touched. I have seen them given but no penalty imho.
For me this sums up MOTD and their inconsistencies when it comes to us.

Two penalties on 10:55 - Sep 17 with 2566 viewsMeraki

Two penalties on 10:50 - Sep 17 by Private_Partz

There was an incident in the Huddersfield v Leicester when the Leicester forward got passed his marker, there was contact and he went down.
It was deemed as no penalty by MOTD as the forward 'went down too easily'.
I would say there was more contact in this incident than there was in our incident under discussion. Our defender was merely trying to make up ground. Nothing clumsy, just trying to close the gap. There was contact as the boots touched. I have seen them given but no penalty imho.
For me this sums up MOTD and their inconsistencies when it comes to us.

If you bring someone down in the box its a penalty, it doesn't matter if a defender was trying to close the gap.

How long have you been watching football?
Two penalties on 10:59 - Sep 17 with 2553 viewsPrivate_Partz

Two penalties on 10:55 - Sep 17 by Meraki

If you bring someone down in the box its a penalty, it doesn't matter if a defender was trying to close the gap.

How long have you been watching football?

45 years at least, you must be a real old timer. You are obviously more experienced ;-)
Read my post. I was comparing similar incidents and the inconsistency of the punditry. To repeat myself....I have seen them given.

Edit: take a look at the Norwich game and the no penalty call involving their keeper and then compare the amount of contact in that incident with ours.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 11:10]

Two penalties on 11:15 - Sep 17 with 2496 viewsjohnlangy

Anyone who doesn't think that was an excellent performance (of its type) needs their head examined. No one in their right mind should expect us to go away against the top 4/5/6 teams and play expansive football.

Penalties - Graham Poll was on BT TV and said the Ayew one WAS a penalty but the ref had already decided, mistakenly, it was handball so end of story.

Re the Ollson one he said no penalty. When the ball went over the Spurs player and deflected off Mawson's head, there was literally no time for Ollson to get his hand out of the way so it was unintentional.
Two penalties on 11:20 - Sep 17 with 2473 viewsLoyal

Two penalties on 11:15 - Sep 17 by johnlangy

Anyone who doesn't think that was an excellent performance (of its type) needs their head examined. No one in their right mind should expect us to go away against the top 4/5/6 teams and play expansive football.

Penalties - Graham Poll was on BT TV and said the Ayew one WAS a penalty but the ref had already decided, mistakenly, it was handball so end of story.

Re the Ollson one he said no penalty. When the ball went over the Spurs player and deflected off Mawson's head, there was literally no time for Ollson to get his hand out of the way so it was unintentional.

Does it have to be intentional?

Two penalties on 11:24 - Sep 17 with 2458 viewsmagicdaps10

Olsson one was not a penalty but we got lucky on the Aurier trip.......but we were due some luck and certainly a decision or a dozen.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Two penalties on 12:29 - Sep 17 with 2356 viewsPrivate_Partz

Two penalties on 11:24 - Sep 17 by magicdaps10

Olsson one was not a penalty but we got lucky on the Aurier trip.......but we were due some luck and certainly a decision or a dozen.

My argument is it was not a trip. It was just a tangle of feet and there were far worse examples of this that went unpunished. If we hand out penalties when there is such contact we will be having half a dozen every game.
I recognise I am in a minority on this one though ;-)

Two penalties on 13:19 - Sep 17 with 2260 viewssully49

Two penalties on 12:29 - Sep 17 by Private_Partz

My argument is it was not a trip. It was just a tangle of feet and there were far worse examples of this that went unpunished. If we hand out penalties when there is such contact we will be having half a dozen every game.
I recognise I am in a minority on this one though ;-)

The Gospel according to Shearer is if the player feels any touch he has the right to go over. IMHO I thought Olsen was the clearer of the two and I would have felt aggrieved if we were in the same position but it was on the side of the linesman and of all referees Dean not to give it I am obviously wrong.

I'm not an advocate of it all balances out through the season so Roll on next game, a better performance that's for sure.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Two penalties on 15:59 - Sep 17 with 2147 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Olsson moved his arm to the ball and it hit his arm. A penalty in my opinion. He was lucky a second incident later on didn't hit his arm too when he flung both arms out at the ball when the player went to cross the ball.

He then tripped a player who had run past him and was in on goal. Another penalty.

The bias on here is hideous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Two penalties on 16:34 - Sep 17 with 2089 viewsPrivate_Partz

Two penalties on 15:59 - Sep 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Olsson moved his arm to the ball and it hit his arm. A penalty in my opinion. He was lucky a second incident later on didn't hit his arm too when he flung both arms out at the ball when the player went to cross the ball.

He then tripped a player who had run past him and was in on goal. Another penalty.

Tried to move his hand away from the ball and the 'trip' was nothing special. Some given some not. Far worse examples about this weekend and no pen given.
Take off the Man Utd goggles ;-)
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 16:36]

Two penalties on 18:37 - Sep 17 with 1968 viewsjohnlangy

Two penalties on 11:20 - Sep 17 by Loyal

Does it have to be intentional?

There are many reffing decisions where the ball hits the arm and the ref deems it unintentional so no pen.
Two penalties on 18:40 - Sep 17 with 1960 viewsmonmouth

The bias from football fans is hideous?? Get out much, mate?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Two penalties on 21:02 - Sep 17 with 1866 viewsPhil_S

Other than the fact the trip was Jordan Ayew of course...

Anyway first one should have been a penalty as should the Ayew one but Dean had already blown for handball (incorrectly)

That said, cant say I care - more than makes up for last year's farcical decision
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024