Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question for people that went to the Vetch 10:53 - Sep 17 with 36054 viewsDarran

Did any of you hear Jason Price being called a lazy black bastard with sheer regularity?

It's a no from me.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 17:27]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:52 - Sep 17 with 1036 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:49 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

I think it's easy to forget what times were like then compared to now.

Now if you hear anything racist it's magnified and a criminal act.

Back then it was just another way to get to a player. Mostly away players but sometimes our own.

It happened alright because society was different back then. Darren is just a hopeless poster lost up his own useless backside.

Weird we all have the same memories.

Although if someone in the Center Stand said it didn't happen then maybe we all imagined it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:53 - Sep 17 with 1034 viewsswanjackal

I think verbal abuse was common with average/poor wingers during this time. Jon Coates had pelters quite regularly too, I'd say as frequent, if not more so than Price. Obviously the racial slurs wouldn't have applied, but the dogs abuse was certainly high.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:53 - Sep 17 with 1033 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:49 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

I think it's easy to forget what times were like then compared to now.

Now if you hear anything racist it's magnified and a criminal act.

Back then it was just another way to get to a player. Mostly away players but sometimes our own.

It happened alright because society was different back then. Darren is just a hopeless poster lost up his own useless backside.

I haven't said it didn't happen,of course it happened but not to the extent that's being made out.

Anyway youre just cobbing because I wouldn't give you the information you were PMing me about last night.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:57 - Sep 17 with 1027 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:52 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Weird we all have the same memories.

Although if someone in the Center Stand said it didn't happen then maybe we all imagined it.

Didn't happen the way you said.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:57 - Sep 17 with 1026 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:57 - Sep 17 by Darran

Didn't happen the way you said.

Did.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:58 - Sep 17 with 1019 viewsLoyal

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:19 - Sep 17 by max936

Pricey was a bit of an enigma when he played for us and he did cop for some abuse, exactly what was said I can't remember, he had a couple of periods when he was very good, but a lot of games when he was lets say off the pace with a bit of a couldn't careless attitude.

He had a lot to prove merely because of his home town being Cardiff dominated at the time, times have changed a tad now though.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:58 - Sep 17 with 1019 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:57 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Did.

Didn't.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 1016 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:58 - Sep 17 by Darran

Didn't.

Did too.

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 1016 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:58 - Sep 17 by Loyal

He had a lot to prove merely because of his home town being Cardiff dominated at the time, times have changed a tad now though.

He wasn't from Cardiff.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 1014 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:59 - Sep 17 by Darran

He wasn't from Cardiff.

Aberafon?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 1014 viewsVetchfielder

No, I never heard that Darren and I was on the North Bank in all his years.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:01 - Sep 17 with 1009 viewsEasternJack

Interesting. I was a regular on the NB during that period and I can't recall that abuse consistently levied at him.

Some frustration, yes - and the headless chicken remark rings a bell. More of a sprinter than a footballer. But he did win us a lot of penalties.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:01 - Sep 17 with 1004 viewsLoyal

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:59 - Sep 17 by Darran

He wasn't from Cardiff.

Read what I wrote !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 998 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:59 - Sep 17 by Vetchfielder

No, I never heard that Darren and I was on the North Bank in all his years.

Thanks Butt. Still doesn't mean it didn't occasionally happen though it's just that some people like to exaggerate.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 996 viewsswanjackal

Are people conflating individuals shouting it with chants done by many. I'd imagine there were certain individuals shouting racist abuse, as most crowds have those idiots, but as collective chants or targeted group abuse, as someone who was on the North Bank (North west side), and towards the end of his spell, a significant proportion of away games, I can't say that was the case in my experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:04 - Sep 17 with 992 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:01 - Sep 17 by Loyal

Read what I wrote !

I did.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:04 - Sep 17 with 991 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:02 - Sep 17 by Darran

Thanks Butt. Still doesn't mean it didn't occasionally happen though it's just that some people like to exaggerate.

Occasionally

Aye, like Sergio Aguero occasonally scores goals.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:04 - Sep 17 with 987 viewsLoyal

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:02 - Sep 17 by Darran

E20 look out, you are being lined up as the next target.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:05 - Sep 17 with 981 viewsProfessor

JJ was from Aberdare. Went to plenty of home games, both NB and East Stand and never heard anything racist towards him. Then again stood well away from the knuckle draggers too
Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:05 - Sep 17 with 975 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:04 - Sep 17 by Loyal

E20 look out, you are being lined up as the next target.

You'll always be my number one target sexy. 💋

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:05 - Sep 17 with 975 viewsLoyal

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:05 - Sep 17 by Professor

JJ was from Aberdare. Went to plenty of home games, both NB and East Stand and never heard anything racist towards him. Then again stood well away from the knuckle draggers too

Or Pontypridd ?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:06 - Sep 17 with 969 viewsLoyal

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:05 - Sep 17 by Darran

You'll always be my number one target sexy. 💋

Don't start that I'll lick your wheels x

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:07 - Sep 17 with 963 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:05 - Sep 17 by Professor

Thanks Prof there's a pattern emerging here.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:08 - Sep 17 with 960 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:02 - Sep 17 by swanjackal

Are people conflating individuals shouting it with chants done by many. I'd imagine there were certain individuals shouting racist abuse, as most crowds have those idiots, but as collective chants or targeted group abuse, as someone who was on the North Bank (North west side), and towards the end of his spell, a significant proportion of away games, I can't say that was the case in my experience.

There was never any chants. That would signify a coordinated and pre meditated attack (which is why people in the Center Stand wouldnt know).

The abuse he received, regularly, was spontaneous singling out from many quarters of the North Bank. The majority being the right hand corner of course. Granted this was an era where monkey noises and shouts of "zulu!" would be made when opposing black players got the ball (also game by game basis) - although that doesnt excuse it.

Nicer to forget, but reality doesnt often like to be forgotton.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:08 - Sep 17 with 959 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:06 - Sep 17 by Loyal

Don't start that I'll lick your wheels x

Later I'm off to Port Talbot for dinner. 👋🏻

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024