Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question for people that went to the Vetch 10:53 - Sep 17 with 36125 viewsDarran

Did any of you hear Jason Price being called a lazy black bastard with sheer regularity?

It's a no from me.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 17:27]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:13 - Sep 17 with 2548 viewsDewi1jack

Remember bananas being slung on the pitch and songs like "he's got a pineapple on his head"
Seem to remember a player (Fashanu?) picking a banana up and eating it as well.
Those days the NF etc used to be trying to get new members whilst they were stood promoting that sh1te outside the NB as well.

Most of the racist comments seemed to come from the LH side of the NB but apart from certain songs, seemed to be a small number.
Different days indeed back then.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:19 - Sep 17 with 2538 viewsLoyal

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 12:04 - Sep 17 by Darran

I did.

Fcking pissed !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:21 - Sep 17 with 2535 viewsLoyal

Let's be honest, it's all way back when, and this is now. We all know the score and we all know and have learned. Some never needed to.
Regardless of if, yes or no it doesn't matter.
It's what happens now - today what matters and what education comes with it.
Fck Pricey, he was shit. 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:59 - Sep 17 with 2498 viewsdickythorpe

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:13 - Sep 17 by Dewi1jack

Remember bananas being slung on the pitch and songs like "he's got a pineapple on his head"
Seem to remember a player (Fashanu?) picking a banana up and eating it as well.
Those days the NF etc used to be trying to get new members whilst they were stood promoting that sh1te outside the NB as well.

Most of the racist comments seemed to come from the LH side of the NB but apart from certain songs, seemed to be a small number.
Different days indeed back then.

Last month it was Garth Crooks, a page ago it was Cyrile Regis and Luther Blissett.....who next Al Jolson?????
Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 16:03 - Sep 17 with 2493 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:59 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

Last month it was Garth Crooks, a page ago it was Cyrile Regis and Luther Blissett.....who next Al Jolson?????

Lazy fuçking honky?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 16:03 - Sep 17 with 2493 viewsDewi1jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:59 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

It's why I put a fuggin question mark by it you tw@.
Don't need c**ts like you taking the p1ss out of a severe memory problem

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 16:28 - Sep 17 with 2473 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:01 - Sep 17 by Darran

Looks like hardly anyone heard it. lol

As you have been told. Not hearing something is not proof it didn't happen, just means they didn't hear it. Hearing something is proof it did happen however - of which there are many accounts.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 17:23 - Sep 17 with 2428 viewslidojack

Struggling to find the point of this argument.

Have I missed something?
Login to get fewer ads

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 17:41 - Sep 17 with 2409 viewsdickythorpe

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 16:03 - Sep 17 by Dewi1jack

It's why I put a fuggin question mark by it you tw@.
Don't need c**ts like you taking the p1ss out of a severe memory problem

I wasn't having a go mun!!! I just highlighted that the banana eater seems to be someone different every time this "one" event is mentioned.

Peace and goodwill to you.
Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 17:58 - Sep 17 with 2401 viewsSTID2017

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:34 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

The play off season you were refering to. I was a season ticket holder from around 1995 to 2007. I said almost game by game basis. I highly doubt the abuse stopped due to the fact I wasnt there.

I am guessing by your refusal to answer my question, i take it you were nowhere newr the North Bank then, right?

So you can't really comment on what was said in the North Bank then, with respect.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 11:38]

I recall a lot of abuse being flung at JJ but don't recall much of it being racist, just questioning his ability and contribution.
At the time I used to work on a casual basis atbthe club which allowed me to watch the games from any part of the ground.
I don't recall the abuse of our players being that much less venemous from the Centre and East Stands than it ws in the North Bank.
I now have a ST in the so-called Family Stand, and in spite of children being around, the level of abuse towards our players and opposition players is just as bad as any I had experienced in the few seasons I experienced in the ASBO Stand

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 18:04 - Sep 17 with 2395 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 17:58 - Sep 17 by STID2017

I recall a lot of abuse being flung at JJ but don't recall much of it being racist, just questioning his ability and contribution.
At the time I used to work on a casual basis atbthe club which allowed me to watch the games from any part of the ground.
I don't recall the abuse of our players being that much less venemous from the Centre and East Stands than it ws in the North Bank.
I now have a ST in the so-called Family Stand, and in spite of children being around, the level of abuse towards our players and opposition players is just as bad as any I had experienced in the few seasons I experienced in the ASBO Stand

Not much of it was racist towards JJ, it was just incessant abuse mostly along the lazy and useless lines. Some of it was racist however.

I am shocked that it was just as bad in other areas, as it was terrible at times in the NB. I always used to think that he will be much more comfortable in the half he was running along the center stand... clearly not then

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 18:16 - Sep 17 with 2382 viewsJackflack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 17:41 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

I wasn't having a go mun!!! I just highlighted that the banana eater seems to be someone different every time this "one" event is mentioned.

Peace and goodwill to you.

I can confirm it was Garth Crooks eating the banana. I was about 20 ft away from it

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 18:31 - Sep 17 with 2370 viewsWingstandwood

I always remember him refusing my nephew (approx 7yrs old at time) an autograph request. He had a bit of local SWEP paper/Wales On Sunday over-hype and was deemed 'promising' and a star for the future. I suspect he truly believed he was the dogs b#llocks!

He then drifted off into semi-obscurity, mediocrity and lower league continuance!...... However that aside? He really looked the part until the football playing bit intervened and p#ssed upon his egotistical swagger.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 18:32]

Argus!

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 18:50 - Sep 17 with 2341 viewsDarran

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 18:31 - Sep 17 by Wingstandwood

I always remember him refusing my nephew (approx 7yrs old at time) an autograph request. He had a bit of local SWEP paper/Wales On Sunday over-hype and was deemed 'promising' and a star for the future. I suspect he truly believed he was the dogs b#llocks!

He then drifted off into semi-obscurity, mediocrity and lower league continuance!...... However that aside? He really looked the part until the football playing bit intervened and p#ssed upon his egotistical swagger.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 18:32]

"He then drifted off into semi-obscurity, mediocrity and lower league continuance!"

Well that's not really true Wingy.

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 19:07 - Sep 17 with 2325 viewsWingstandwood

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 18:50 - Sep 17 by Darran

"He then drifted off into semi-obscurity, mediocrity and lower league continuance!"

Well that's not really true Wingy.

I beg to differ...... I meant in terms/compare of jorno's and some supporter prediction(s) of all the future back page star, international capped, upcoming top flight regular over-hype. The same stuff I saw/read about himself, Dudley Lewis, Stuart Roberts, Jimmy Loveridge and countless others etc etc etc.

Ask football supporters outside of Swansea/Wales who Dean Saunders played for and there is a good chance many people will know........The aforementioned others? See where I'm coming from?

Argus!

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 19:13 - Sep 17 with 2295 viewsItchySphincter

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 14:36 - Sep 17 by exiledclaseboy

I haven't read the whole thread when I saw which way it was heading.

You need to read the Sanchez thread to see how this thread came about. E20 says back players get called lazy because they are back. White players don't because they're not black, even if they're lazy. Apparently JJ was subjected to constant racism. I personally don't remember that, despite him being crap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 19:16 - Sep 17 with 2299 viewsDarran

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 19:07 - Sep 17 by Wingstandwood

I beg to differ...... I meant in terms/compare of jorno's and some supporter prediction(s) of all the future back page star, international capped, upcoming top flight regular over-hype. The same stuff I saw/read about himself, Dudley Lewis, Stuart Roberts, Jimmy Loveridge and countless others etc etc etc.

Ask football supporters outside of Swansea/Wales who Dean Saunders played for and there is a good chance many people will know........The aforementioned others? See where I'm coming from?

I do see where you are coming from my friend.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 19:18 - Sep 17 with 2287 viewsItchySphincter

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 15:19 - Sep 17 by Loyal

Fcking pissed !

Ahhh, the old bananas/Regis story - an occasion a bit like the Hull game.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 19:20 - Sep 17 with 2293 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 19:13 - Sep 17 by ItchySphincter

You need to read the Sanchez thread to see how this thread came about. E20 says back players get called lazy because they are back. White players don't because they're not black, even if they're lazy. Apparently JJ was subjected to constant racism. I personally don't remember that, despite him being crap.

You don't remember it because it didn't happen.

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 19:29 - Sep 17 with 2278 viewsbonymine

Playing ability aside and yes JJ certainly had 'mixed fortunes' in terms of his own performances on the pitch during his time with us, I remember chatting to him when he was representing the Club at the funeral of Swansea boy Colin Webster (ex Man Utd during the Munich era) at the old 'Drill Hall' TA Centre next to the Vetch back in 2001 and he was a great lad to speak to.

From personal experience, I cannot remember any specific racial hatred at the Vetch towards him but I can certainly remember Michael Howard being the 'escaped goat' for quite some time and which, on times, was quite crude and cringeworthy !!

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 20:14 - Sep 17 with 2253 viewsdickythorpe

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 19:29 - Sep 17 by bonymine

Playing ability aside and yes JJ certainly had 'mixed fortunes' in terms of his own performances on the pitch during his time with us, I remember chatting to him when he was representing the Club at the funeral of Swansea boy Colin Webster (ex Man Utd during the Munich era) at the old 'Drill Hall' TA Centre next to the Vetch back in 2001 and he was a great lad to speak to.

From personal experience, I cannot remember any specific racial hatred at the Vetch towards him but I can certainly remember Michael Howard being the 'escaped goat' for quite some time and which, on times, was quite crude and cringeworthy !!

Kenny Morgans was on that Munich plane as well. He died in 2012
Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 20:18 - Sep 17 with 2249 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 19:20 - Sep 17 by Darran

You don't remember it because it didn't happen.

Yep, we all imagined it.

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 20:23 - Sep 17 with 2242 viewsbonymine

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 20:14 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

Kenny Morgans was on that Munich plane as well. He died in 2012

I was in school with Kenny's son Greg too as it happens and we played in the same team together ; Kenny was in the Munich disaster but Colin missed it due to illness at the time.

Spent many happy evenings in the company of Colin, his wife Liz and the regulars at the Clarence in the Sandfields back in the day .......happy Days indeed 👍

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 20:53 - Sep 17 with 2218 viewsLoyal

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 20:23 - Sep 17 by bonymine

I was in school with Kenny's son Greg too as it happens and we played in the same team together ; Kenny was in the Munich disaster but Colin missed it due to illness at the time.

Spent many happy evenings in the company of Colin, his wife Liz and the regulars at the Clarence in the Sandfields back in the day .......happy Days indeed 👍

Went to the Clarence as a kid with my old man, sat round in a big square 😂
I loved it.

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 20:57 - Sep 17 with 2210 viewsbonymine

Serious question for people that went to the Vetch on 20:53 - Sep 17 by Loyal

Went to the Clarence as a kid with my old man, sat round in a big square 😂
I loved it.

Happy Days indeed Loyal ......

In those days the Sandfields pub crawl on the weekend was quite a challenge !

My pubs back then were the Paxton, Swansea Jack, Clarence & Garibaldi .....👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024