Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing at away games 15:25 - Sep 17 with 7877 viewsBenJ94

To me this is nothing new, I'm 23 and been following the swans since 4-5 years of age from league 2 to the premier league. I've been to 60+ away grounds (some multiple times) and standing has never been an issue, and personally I think when everyone's standing, it tends to generate a better atmosphere, but yesterday was the worst I've seen regarding standing, multiple arguments around me and stewards walking up and down the steps practically blocking people's views. So is this a problem that we've only encountered since being in the prem due to more family's and older couples attending because as I said, things like this never happened at places like Hartlepool, Lincoln, Crewe etc? And is it an extra incentive to possibly getting standing areas in stadiums?
Standing at away games on 15:30 - Sep 17 with 7851 viewsLoyal

Mate of mine said the same, one steward actually gave him the 'cmon then' and walked down the steps to the entrance. When he came back loads of people were pointing at him and laughing.
Stewards eh ?
Who would have em.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Standing at away games on 15:31 - Sep 17 with 7849 viewsDarran

It's overrated anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Standing at away games on 15:53 - Sep 17 with 7809 viewsoldcob

From the other perspective, I no longer go to away games because of the standing. I'm 73 years old with two artificial hips, one of which wasn't all that successful, and recently weakened after chemo treatment. Am I bitter? Not a bit of it. If our tremendous away support want to stand on their hands and do cartwheels, good luck to them. I'm quite happy to watch it on a stream, these people are our support for years to come and I pay them utmost respect. If I was fit and well I'd be standing too.
Standing at away games on 16:33 - Sep 17 with 7770 viewsBenJ94

Standing at away games on 15:53 - Sep 17 by oldcob

From the other perspective, I no longer go to away games because of the standing. I'm 73 years old with two artificial hips, one of which wasn't all that successful, and recently weakened after chemo treatment. Am I bitter? Not a bit of it. If our tremendous away support want to stand on their hands and do cartwheels, good luck to them. I'm quite happy to watch it on a stream, these people are our support for years to come and I pay them utmost respect. If I was fit and well I'd be standing too.

Respect to you good sir, but being told to sit down because "I paid for my ticket" really grips me, I also paid for my ticket, and if I want to stand up, sings and support my team rather than sit there like a boring old fart, then I damn f*cking well will!
Standing at away games on 16:35 - Sep 17 with 7762 viewsDarran

Standing at away games on 16:33 - Sep 17 by BenJ94

Respect to you good sir, but being told to sit down because "I paid for my ticket" really grips me, I also paid for my ticket, and if I want to stand up, sings and support my team rather than sit there like a boring old fart, then I damn f*cking well will!

One of the terms of buying your ticket is that you don't stand mind. lol

Standing at away games on 16:38 - Sep 17 with 7757 viewsEasternJack

I prefer to stand during away games, but out of courtesy I'll first check if those behind me are standing or sitting.

On yesterday - I guess this is what that jobsworth steward was getting all heated up about yesterday down the front during the 2nd half? Pointing and waving as if he'd just spotted his mum at the back of the crowd.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 16:38]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Standing at away games on 16:47 - Sep 17 with 7724 viewsMrSwerve

I only stand if everyone around and in front is.

No issues at all yesterday where we were sitting.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Standing at away games on 17:44 - Sep 17 with 7660 viewsPegojack

I can see both sides of the arguement. If I've got a bit of space to move in, I don't mind standing, but if I'm confined to a six inch by eighteen inch rectangle in front of the seat, my old knees seize up and I'm walking like Douglas Bader for half an hour after the final whistle.
You'll be old too one day. If you're lucky....
Login to get fewer ads

Standing at away games on 18:11 - Sep 17 with 7603 viewsNeath_Jack

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Standing at away games on 19:13 - Sep 17 with 7522 viewsjackrabbit

I'm no spring chicken and prefer to sit. My season ticket seat at the Liberty is in the part of the East stand where people sit, and I'm happy for that. Yesterday, I was with my son and 2 friends towards the front of block 113. As soon as the match started everybody stood in front of me. Stewards walked past and didn't even mention that people should sit.

I had teed off at 8:30 that morning and played 18 holes of competition golf so I was fairly nackered. I needed to sit down. 10 rows in front of me, I espied a spare seat across the aisle, where people were actually using the seats they had paid for. I walked down and enquired politely if the people in the adjacent seats were expecting this seat to be taken. No they weren't. Problem solved. I ended up having a good conversation with the 2 guys next to me about all aspects of the Swans ' play. And I sat throughout the game. Fantastic!

Oh, and my son wasn't bothered. He appreciates I'm an old fart who needs to perch his arse.
Standing at away games on 19:17 - Sep 17 with 7510 viewsbonymine

Standing at away games on 16:47 - Sep 17 by MrSwerve

I only stand if everyone around and in front is.

No issues at all yesterday where we were sitting.

Same here mate me & my sons stood for the whole game yesterday because the group in front were standing too ; my boys love it and I do think it definitely helps generate a better atmosphere amongst our fans but I must admit I enjoyed the half time sit down too (the knees aren't what they used to be !).
It appeared that there were pockets of people sitting or standing around the away end yesterday due to the mix of families/older fans etc so I guess it just depends on pot luck where your seats are located in the away end and who is 'sitting' in front of you !!
We were never approached by a Steward or asked to sit down at any time though.
Anyway, great point, well organised as a unit, Fede was outstanding and big mention for Fab too 👍
STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Standing at away games on 19:18 - Sep 17 with 7507 viewsJackSomething

Standing at away games on 19:13 - Sep 17 by jackrabbit

I'm no spring chicken and prefer to sit. My season ticket seat at the Liberty is in the part of the East stand where people sit, and I'm happy for that. Yesterday, I was with my son and 2 friends towards the front of block 113. As soon as the match started everybody stood in front of me. Stewards walked past and didn't even mention that people should sit.

I had teed off at 8:30 that morning and played 18 holes of competition golf so I was fairly nackered. I needed to sit down. 10 rows in front of me, I espied a spare seat across the aisle, where people were actually using the seats they had paid for. I walked down and enquired politely if the people in the adjacent seats were expecting this seat to be taken. No they weren't. Problem solved. I ended up having a good conversation with the 2 guys next to me about all aspects of the Swans ' play. And I sat throughout the game. Fantastic!

Oh, and my son wasn't bothered. He appreciates I'm an old fart who needs to perch his arse.

Nice example of common sense. If all the fans (and stewards) took such a sensible approach, it's likely that fans could sort out before kick-off who wants to sit, who wants to stand and sort themselves out with a minimum of drama.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Standing at away games on 20:13 - Sep 17 with 7420 viewsJBT95

The trouble yesterday was the fact it was Wembley stadium.

The place isn't a club ground and so they are more strict on standing than most other places. It's really more of a tourist destination than a football stadium (you know the places where people happy to pay £5 for a Carlsberg .. nice pies mind ).

Although I remember Old Trafford, for the FA Cup game, and Anfield everybody being told to sit down by the stewards. I guess it's to help with the chance of it kicking off. Bet they don't bother with the foreign away fans mind.

There should be standing areas for away fans definitely, and yes it creates a better atmosphere. I think a lot of our support yesterday were there for Wembley tbh.

Trouble is, and it happens at the Liberty, when you get disrespectful people that don't care about anybody else and stand up constantly when there's a chance of a goal or a bad reffing decision etc when everybody else around them are sat down. Again, these were directly in front of me yesterday, nearly as bad as the guy wearing flip flops to a football match next to me at Crystal Palace.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 20:22]
Standing at away games on 20:20 - Sep 17 with 7397 viewsJBT95

Sorry, that is the wrong attitude. What if the people behind you have small kids?
Standing at away games on 20:22 - Sep 17 with 7391 viewsBLAZE

Nonsense Ben, what a selfish attitude.

Standing always causes issues at away games when we have a full allocation. When we don't, the seating is unreserved and the standers can go at the back and the sitters the front. Not possible when everyone goes to the seat number printed on their ticket.

I don't have a solution by the way, but I can see both sides of the argument. Your attitude stinks mush.
Standing at away games on 11:06 - Sep 18 with 7088 views1983

Surely that fella in twitter is being assaulted whether he was standing sitting or doing rolly pollys?

Standing at away games on 12:06 - Sep 18 with 7038 viewsjedijack

You'll be a boring old fart one day, and when you are I hope some selfish young kant treats you with the same level of respect.
Standing at away games on 13:25 - Sep 18 with 6925 views34dfgdf54

Designated standing areas simply have to come in at Premier League grounds.

Ive never had a problem with standing in away games, hence why I only really go to games away from home these days, sitting down for 90 minutes does nothing for me. The atmosphere at grounds in the premier league and even football league is dying a death, sad times.
Standing at away games on 16:37 - Sep 18 with 6833 viewsBenJ94

When I was a kid I used to stand on a seat if people were standing up...never done me any harm!
Standing at away games on 16:46 - Sep 18 with 6823 viewsDarran

Standing at away games on 16:37 - Sep 18 by BenJ94

When I was a kid I used to stand on a seat if people were standing up...never done me any harm!

Stop moaning.

Standing at away games on 17:19 - Sep 18 with 6792 viewsBenJ94

Standing at away games on 16:46 - Sep 18 by Darran

Stop moaning.

Dar, you're the biggest moaning c*nt on here, now F*ck off!
Standing at away games on 17:24 - Sep 18 with 6783 viewsDarran

Standing at away games on 17:19 - Sep 18 by BenJ94

Dar, you're the biggest moaning c*nt on here, now F*ck off!

Standing at away games on 22:04 - Sep 18 with 6699 viewsjackrabbit

Standing at away games on 13:25 - Sep 18 by 34dfgdf54

Designated standing areas simply have to come in at Premier League grounds.

Ive never had a problem with standing in away games, hence why I only really go to games away from home these days, sitting down for 90 minutes does nothing for me. The atmosphere at grounds in the premier league and even football league is dying a death, sad times.

I totally agree about designated standing areas. I can understand why people prefer to stand in a group and enjoy chat and banter - much easier than when you're sitting down. However as a certified old-fart, I will not be joining them as I prefer to sit. And once we have designated standing areas, there should be zero tolerance of anybody standing in seated areas. Stewards can then do the job they're paid to do. Everybody's a winner!
Standing at away games on 16:47 - Sep 20 with 6496 viewsSTID2017

Also as it is actually breaking the law, then as Darran pointed out you have agreed to abide by the terms and conditions,.
Sitting down was part of The Safety at Grounds Act, as far as I'm awatre, so you nor anyone else has a right to " to stand up, sings and support my team"
If you do and get told to sit down or worse get ejected, then so be it.
Personally as one who takes kids to our home games (and a few away) nothing annoys me more than grown adults blocking the children's view

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Standing at away games on 18:14 - Sep 20 with 6440 viewsJethroJack

I'll sit or I'll stand, don't mind, being able to do a bit of both is good throughout the game.
On the rare occasion that my missus comes with me, she prefers to sit.
Last night, we had 4 or 5 standing in front of us in front of seats that were not theirs. It took them 10 minutes to figure that out before they shifted. Meanwhile, my missus was ducking & diving trying to watch the game. A steward spotted her & asked if we'd prefer to move, so we found a better spot. To be fair, the guy (Bill - Steward 29) was calm & helpful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024