Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton playing with 9 men 17:51 - Sep 17 with 13720 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy and Williams are non league standard.

£60m

Oh thank you so much you Toffee mugs!!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Everton playing with 9 men on 19:48 - Sep 17 with 2456 viewsJackflack

Everton playing with 9 men on 19:30 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Lol, Chris is on the Sigurdsson there now. That'll cheer them up.

Linky?
Pretty please?

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 20:01 - Sep 17 with 2412 viewsTheResurrection

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 19:43 - Sep 17 by Garyjack

I meant setting out our stall rather than our actual combination. i can't even say we were woeful in attack because we simply didn't have any serious attacking options. But hey we robbed Everton so all is well!

We deployed different tactics yesterday. Liverpool last season were a funny team, I was there that day. We had a bit of success going forward, we had a couple of corners!!

You can't compare any one game one season to another. We had great results in both these games.

If we had gone a goal down yesterday, you'd have seen us play a bit. We still need to get the midfield more in tune with the attacking aspect though.

Sanches needs to play a bit further forward I think. Him, Tammy and Bony with Ayew in a supporting role can be a force in the next couple of months - but I strongly say we need a wide man in January.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Everton playing with 9 men on 20:06 - Sep 17 with 2388 viewsDarran

Embarrassing.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gylfi-sigurdsson.98417/page-60

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Everton playing with 9 men on 21:12 - Sep 17 with 2295 viewsTheResurrection

Everton playing with 9 men on 20:06 - Sep 17 by Darran

Embarrassing.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gylfi-sigurdsson.98417/page-60

I've been banned but this is a great post from a Toffee....

You could buy a playmaker in mainland Europe for about half that price and younger.

Total negligence paying that much for him,he's worth 15 at most,it seems the the good work he did in the latter part of the season elevated his price.

You have to say Swansea played a blinder,we were bidding against ourselves as no other club had shown any interest in him,it was well known we had the money and we were desperate for a playmaker and Swansea got the absolute max for him and they don;t seem to be missing him much.

Everton playing with 9 men on 21:15 - Sep 17 with 2271 viewsDarran

Everton playing with 9 men on 21:12 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

You could buy a playmaker in mainland Europe for about half that price and younger.

Total negligence paying that much for him,he's worth 15 at most,it seems the the good work he did in the latter part of the season elevated his price.

You have to say Swansea played a blinder,we were bidding against ourselves as no other club had shown any interest in him,it was well known we had the money and we were desperate for a playmaker and Swansea got the absolute max for him and they don;t seem to be missing him much.

Everton playing with 9 men on 21:16 - Sep 17 with 2273 viewsKilkennyjack

I bet Falkirk have a thread like this about us ...!

Huwbert mun .....

Beware of the Risen People

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:31 - Sep 17 with 2240 viewsGaryjack

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 20:01 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

We deployed different tactics yesterday. Liverpool last season were a funny team, I was there that day. We had a bit of success going forward, we had a couple of corners!!

You can't compare any one game one season to another. We had great results in both these games.

If we had gone a goal down yesterday, you'd have seen us play a bit. We still need to get the midfield more in tune with the attacking aspect though.

Sanches needs to play a bit further forward I think. Him, Tammy and Bony with Ayew in a supporting role can be a force in the next couple of months - but I strongly say we need a wide man in January.

If we had gone a goal down yesterday, it would have been swiftly followed by a few more. Defensively we were superb, but that defence would have crumbled under the pressure if we had conceded as they had given everything. We can talk about systems and who plays where and who does what until we are blue in the face. The facts are that we have the worst squad of players since we entered this league and the players you are relying upon are at this moment in time not up to the job, and do not even belong to us anyway. I'm not being pessimistic either by the way. I'm being very pessimistic. This season ain't going to be pretty mate. Sorry, but if anyone thinks any differently then they are seriously deluded.
Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:39 - Sep 17 with 2194 viewsDarran

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:31 - Sep 17 by Garyjack

If we had gone a goal down yesterday, it would have been swiftly followed by a few more. Defensively we were superb, but that defence would have crumbled under the pressure if we had conceded as they had given everything. We can talk about systems and who plays where and who does what until we are blue in the face. The facts are that we have the worst squad of players since we entered this league and the players you are relying upon are at this moment in time not up to the job, and do not even belong to us anyway. I'm not being pessimistic either by the way. I'm being very pessimistic. This season ain't going to be pretty mate. Sorry, but if anyone thinks any differently then they are seriously deluded.

I agree.

Login to get fewer ads

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:48 - Sep 17 with 2156 viewsSPboy

Failing to score in 4 out if 5 games, failing to register a shot on target in 3 out of 5 games suggest that you are probably right. Agree with you about the squad, not enough goals in this squad. We look a bit like Middlesbrough last year - totally impotent.

I expected to see some free flowing football by now, I mean that's 5 games now, still waiting
Everton playing with 9 men on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 2156 viewsunion_jack

Everton playing with 9 men on 21:12 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

Banned?

For what ffs?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:58 - Sep 17 with 2133 viewsTheResurrection

Well they are not facts and well far from anything like facts. This is a good squad of players and better than last seasons, for one.

A squad with depth, now, options, a stronger bench and one that can adapt to different formations.

We aren't even up to speed and you are being a tad pessimistic because you have gone out on Bony. This squad of players won't be in a relegation dogfight either.

---------------- Fab -------------------

Naughts - Fede - Maws - Olsson

---------------- Mesa -----------------
Carrol/ Ayew---------- Clucas ----
-------------- Sanches ---------------

------- Bony ------- Tammy -------

I'm still hoping Mesa will come good, he's going to have to get some game time soon, as pressure will mount to play him, hopefully Tuesday. We could also try Sanches a bit further forward, Ayew on the right of the diamond and Bony and Tammy will be one hell of a handful, this could really ignite us.

We have missed a trick in not getting more pace into the team and that I am disappointed with.

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:58 - Sep 17 with 2125 viewsicecoldjack

Got to give the standard 10 games before forming an opinion really.

It's not looking great so far but hopefully things settle down and we work on our final 3 Rd football.

I think clement is smart enough to know what's needed but he needs to make us hard to breakdown before being easy on the eye and creative in the final 3 Rd. Watford at home will tell us plenty ,it's a must win .

Not creating chances is a major worry but we must remain hopeful that wilf, tammy and renato step up and be clinical.
Everton playing with 9 men on 22:11 - Sep 17 with 2091 viewsBorojack

Everton playing with 9 men on 18:25 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

Changed your tune.

You mug.

Not changed my tune at all Williams looks overweight.
Sigurdsson was a good player for us as was Llorente.
Just because they were good for us does not mean they will excell elsewhere.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 22:14 - Sep 17 with 2080 viewsTheResurrection

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:48 - Sep 17 by SPboy

Failing to score in 4 out if 5 games, failing to register a shot on target in 3 out of 5 games suggest that you are probably right. Agree with you about the squad, not enough goals in this squad. We look a bit like Middlesbrough last year - totally impotent.

I expected to see some free flowing football by now, I mean that's 5 games now, still waiting

The dynamics of games change minute after minute. The move we played yesterday on 24 minutes bringing it out of defence, zipping it through midfield with quick passing was a glimpse.

We have also had some tough games - Soton away, Spurs and Man U in another season (last season) we would have got zero points. We have clearly got a plan for these tougher games and I guess it's not going to be free flowing football - but so far it's been effective and got us something. Laudrup would sacrifice the big games and keep players back for the easier ones. Clement sees them as points can be earned through hard work.

Newcastle is the game where everyone seems to have the big issue with us. It was a chance missed, that's for sure, but they were a solid team and they are now 3 games on the bounce and towards the top. I think they will surprise a few this season and we still should have won that game. They had their chances and it was a good contest, but we were still the better side and had we scored 1 of the 2 sitters that dynamic would have been altogether different - and this is still with our squad not settled and some not even properly involved.

What do people want?

ooh it's 5 games....

Yeah it's 5 points as well.

And Bony is already looking the part and his clever, hold up play, strength and experience will be invaluable. He is also not overly wasteful in the box so we will see some goals there.

Mug posters are actually expecting us to batter teams, or to go guns blazing and lose 5-2 away at Spurs. Those same posters should remember our roots and realise this super league we play our football in isn't a god given right, it's a huge facking privilege.

Everton playing with 9 men on 22:19 - Sep 17 with 2045 viewsTheResurrection

Everton playing with 9 men on 21:49 - Sep 17 by union_jack

Banned?

For what ffs?

For being a WUM/Idiot

GrandOldTeam - Error

You have been banned for the following reason: WUM/Idiot

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 22:22 - Sep 17 with 2034 viewsGaryjack

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 21:58 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

Well they are not facts and well far from anything like facts. This is a good squad of players and better than last seasons, for one.

A squad with depth, now, options, a stronger bench and one that can adapt to different formations.

We aren't even up to speed and you are being a tad pessimistic because you have gone out on Bony. This squad of players won't be in a relegation dogfight either.

---------------- Fab -------------------

Naughts - Fede - Maws - Olsson

---------------- Mesa -----------------
Carrol/ Ayew---------- Clucas ----
-------------- Sanches ---------------

------- Bony ------- Tammy -------

I'm still hoping Mesa will come good, he's going to have to get some game time soon, as pressure will mount to play him, hopefully Tuesday. We could also try Sanches a bit further forward, Ayew on the right of the diamond and Bony and Tammy will be one hell of a handful, this could really ignite us.

We have missed a trick in not getting more pace into the team and that I am disappointed with.

As i said Chris, we can talk about formations and who plays where until the cows come home. But it's interesting that you're thinking Mesa will come good when you championed the cause of there "being something wrong with the lad". I agreed with you on that, but i haven't changed my stance by hoping he'll come good. There's obviously a serious problem there. £12m down the pan is my guess. We might have a stronger bench, but the quality of our first 11 is weaker, much weaker. I was all for the sale of Siggy and Lorente, but what have we got for it?
Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 22:26 - Sep 17 with 2015 viewsjasfan

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 22:14 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

The dynamics of games change minute after minute. The move we played yesterday on 24 minutes bringing it out of defence, zipping it through midfield with quick passing was a glimpse.

We have also had some tough games - Soton away, Spurs and Man U in another season (last season) we would have got zero points. We have clearly got a plan for these tougher games and I guess it's not going to be free flowing football - but so far it's been effective and got us something. Laudrup would sacrifice the big games and keep players back for the easier ones. Clement sees them as points can be earned through hard work.

Newcastle is the game where everyone seems to have the big issue with us. It was a chance missed, that's for sure, but they were a solid team and they are now 3 games on the bounce and towards the top. I think they will surprise a few this season and we still should have won that game. They had their chances and it was a good contest, but we were still the better side and had we scored 1 of the 2 sitters that dynamic would have been altogether different - and this is still with our squad not settled and some not even properly involved.

What do people want?

ooh it's 5 games....

And Bony is already looking the part and his clever, hold up play, strength and experience will be invaluable. He is also not overly wasteful in the box so we will see some goals there.

Mug posters are actually expecting us to batter teams, or to go guns blazing and lose 5-2 away at Spurs. Those same posters should remember our roots and realise this super league we play our football in isn't a god given right, it's a huge facking privilege.

Meant as a reply to the subject.

One of the things I noticed about Siggy in his first season was that if opposition players got in and around him quickly, he struggled to retain the ball, partly due to his first touch I think. My recollection is that opposition teams had recognised this and I am sure he became less effective in the latter part of the season as a result. I don't think that part of his game has improved since.

Having said that he and Llorente were superb in doing what they did for us last year. I just doubt other sides will reap the same rewards.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 22:32]
Everton playing with 9 men on 22:29 - Sep 17 with 2007 viewsunion_jack

Everton playing with 9 men on 22:19 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

For being a WUM/Idiot

GrandOldTeam - Error

You have been banned for the following reason: WUM/Idiot

Bit sensitive aren't they? Thought you put your point over well and respectfully.

Now if you'd lambasted the poster who called Wales a substandard country and other derogatory things, that would have been worth getting banned for.

Always had respect for Everton but I'd be happy to see them crash and burn. Not that it's likely to happen!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 23:19 - Sep 17 with 1916 viewsTheResurrection

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 22:22 - Sep 17 by Garyjack

As i said Chris, we can talk about formations and who plays where until the cows come home. But it's interesting that you're thinking Mesa will come good when you championed the cause of there "being something wrong with the lad". I agreed with you on that, but i haven't changed my stance by hoping he'll come good. There's obviously a serious problem there. £12m down the pan is my guess. We might have a stronger bench, but the quality of our first 11 is weaker, much weaker. I was all for the sale of Siggy and Lorente, but what have we got for it?

I said I am hoping he will come good. That is not changing my stance. That is hoping Clement can iron out whatever is the blocker at the moment.

Formations, options and good players are what we have. People are being ridiculously negative when it's not been that bad at all.

We have Clucas, who was a lion yesterday, we have Bony who is a beast. We have Tammy who is starting to look every much like the EPL threat he will be, and we have Sanches who can literally be anything. You can drink from the other half of the glass if it pleases you, I'm happy with what we have, i'd have still liked a pacey wide man, but there's January for that.

We'll have a good season.

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 17:16 - Sep 18 with 1685 viewsSPboy

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 22:14 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

What do people want?

ooh it's 5 games....

Can't remember what happened in the 24th minute but it obviously didn't result in anything tangible like a shot on goal. In fact I can only remember 2 times that we attempted anything close to the Spurs box. Both set pieces - vdH header over bar, poor free kick shot from Carroll. Not surprising really with only 25% possession. Who needs to rely on set pieces when there is free flowing football around the corner?

Yes we have 5 points which is papering over the cracks in our toothless performances.I was at Selhurst Pk & we were under siege for nearly all the second half after Ayew scored. Just like we were against Southampton, Man U & Spurs. Most people seem to have overlooked that, though being 0-2 up would account for some of that.

I really don't see where your optimism is coming from. Yes Abraham will score if he gets service. So will Bony. Will they get us over half the goals for the team that the players we sold got? Will the rest of the team score enough goals? I can't see it unless it gets addressed in the next transfer window or Sanches starts playing. If Sanches moves further forward will Ayew be able to play a different role without us conceding the midfield area? Too many questions.

I don't expect us to batter any team in this division with this squad. A few shots on target would be a start
Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 18:50 - Sep 18 with 1648 viewsTheResurrection

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 17:16 - Sep 18 by SPboy

Can't remember what happened in the 24th minute but it obviously didn't result in anything tangible like a shot on goal. In fact I can only remember 2 times that we attempted anything close to the Spurs box. Both set pieces - vdH header over bar, poor free kick shot from Carroll. Not surprising really with only 25% possession. Who needs to rely on set pieces when there is free flowing football around the corner?

Yes we have 5 points which is papering over the cracks in our toothless performances.I was at Selhurst Pk & we were under siege for nearly all the second half after Ayew scored. Just like we were against Southampton, Man U & Spurs. Most people seem to have overlooked that, though being 0-2 up would account for some of that.

I really don't see where your optimism is coming from. Yes Abraham will score if he gets service. So will Bony. Will they get us over half the goals for the team that the players we sold got? Will the rest of the team score enough goals? I can't see it unless it gets addressed in the next transfer window or Sanches starts playing. If Sanches moves further forward will Ayew be able to play a different role without us conceding the midfield area? Too many questions.

I don't expect us to batter any team in this division with this squad. A few shots on target would be a start

Well I can't help it if you don't watch the game properly, but it's that type of free flowing passing that got us from defence right through to attack. It was impressive and a glimpse of what the team could produce.

It didn't result in anything tangible but you may want to explain to me what Spurs did that resulted in the same? The only tangible thing is we both came out with the same amount of goals at the end of the game? Capiche?

The rest of your post, well the bunch of inane questions you asked, you may want to adopt the slightest bit of patience before you work yourself up in a girly tissy fit.

New supporter?

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 07:30 - Sep 19 with 1509 viewsSPboy

Everton playing with 9 men (n/t) on 18:50 - Sep 18 by TheResurrection

Well I can't help it if you don't watch the game properly, but it's that type of free flowing passing that got us from defence right through to attack. It was impressive and a glimpse of what the team could produce.

It didn't result in anything tangible but you may want to explain to me what Spurs did that resulted in the same? The only tangible thing is we both came out with the same amount of goals at the end of the game? Capiche?

The rest of your post, well the bunch of inane questions you asked, you may want to adopt the slightest bit of patience before you work yourself up in a girly tissy fit.

New supporter?

Something tangible in a 0-0 draw would be shots on target or goal scoring opportunities created. I think we are bottom or close to the bottom of the league on both counts . Base on performances alone the 5 points we have are flattering distorted by playing the worse team in the league on a bad day.

You never answered any of the questions like where is your optimism coming from?

So in the 24th minute we strung a few passes together that weren't sidewards & backwards in our own half that looked impressive but resulted in nothing. You cling to the your optimism. We will not score enough goals with the players that we have in the PL unless we get some creative talent or pace in, in the transfer window
Everton playing with 9 men on 08:21 - Sep 19 with 1469 viewswhoflungdung

Optimism often has no basis .
It's blind faith.

Nothing wrong with it but it's no more worthy than pessimism.

Hope Jamie the Mod has noticed perfect syntax and grammar

I tried the Cyrillic Alphabet once to help our lad when he when learning Russian in school. Now that is a tw@t

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Everton playing with 9 men on 22:11 - Sep 21 with 1296 viewsJackflack

Everton playing with 9 men on 08:21 - Sep 19 by whoflungdung

Optimism often has no basis .
It's blind faith.

Nothing wrong with it but it's no more worthy than pessimism.

Hope Jamie the Mod has noticed perfect syntax and grammar

I tried the Cyrillic Alphabet once to help our lad when he when learning Russian in school. Now that is a tw@t

Niet

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Everton playing with 9 men on 07:23 - Sep 22 with 1196 viewswhoflungdung

DA da da

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024