Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread 13:25 - Sep 18 with 49752 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 19:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:28 - Sep 19 with 2375 viewsMagic_Michu

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:08 - Sep 19 by JackSkellington

But Carroll is possibly the only one capable of taking something approaching a decent dead ball. Although having said that, Sanches' ones tonight were a massive improvement on Clucas the other day. Clucas should never be let anywhere near a free kick again.

Mesa can hit a lovely dead ball... his free kick against United was a thing of beauty

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:29 - Sep 19 with 2375 viewsBytholWyn

If we are going to persevere with Sanches in the starting eleven, then I'd prefer to see him at the tip of the diamond, if we continue with that formation. His clever footwork could work wonders in advanced areas, but at the moment he's attempting low percentage take-ons in high risk, low gain areas of the pitch. Clement needs to ease him in by maximising his strengths and minimising his weaknesses.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:32 - Sep 19 with 2359 viewsandypitt56

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:29 - Sep 19 by BytholWyn

If we are going to persevere with Sanches in the starting eleven, then I'd prefer to see him at the tip of the diamond, if we continue with that formation. His clever footwork could work wonders in advanced areas, but at the moment he's attempting low percentage take-ons in high risk, low gain areas of the pitch. Clement needs to ease him in by maximising his strengths and minimising his weaknesses.

Away support was great tonight good numbers and noisy really enjoyed the atmosphere. Vdh mawson and mesa were fantastic tonight.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:37 - Sep 19 with 2330 viewsTheResurrection

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:29 - Sep 19 by BytholWyn

agree

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:52 - Sep 19 with 2266 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:37 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

agree

I don't. He posted what some match of the day pundit like Shearer would say without having a clue what he's about or what we want him to bring to the side, i can actually picture him saying it in my head!

Anyway, the only way Bony could work for us (slim chance) is for him and Ayew to be our main attacking options. Tammy wont fit, he can play sub.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 00:05 - Sep 20 with 2219 viewsEasternJack

Yep. Said the same after Saturday. And he looked his best when he had the ball more advanced today (some wayward shots aside).

I can see him and Bony connecting v well.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 00:16 - Sep 20 with 2185 viewsEasternJack

JUst back from the game. Solid performance and good away win.

Sanches is improving and it's clear that we have him down as our creative spark. Need to play hi further forwards. A few more games and we'll start to see the best from him.

Really liked Mesa's contribution - particularly 2nd half. Aggressive and solid. Played a key role in keeping our shape at 1-0. How do you fit him, clucas, Carrol and Leroy in the same team (not to mention Britton)?

Bony was ok. Took a lot of kicks off the ball. But generally onto a hiding to nothing with Routledge and Narsingh up top with him. Seriously wonder why Routledge gets selected. On Bony - Gary, don't listen to anyone else. stick to your guns on your opinions on him. Hilarious stuff that will keep on giving throughout the season.

Another step forwards and another positive result.

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 00:26 - Sep 20 with 2155 viewsjasper_T

I don't see where the optimism over Sanches is coming from. His passing was appalling again today. He misplaces easy passes, plays hospital balls back to our defenders, and blind square passes to midfielders that aren't there. And that's when he tries to pass at all.

He's no better than Fer overall and based on what Bayern fans say about him there's not a world-beater in there waiting to "get up to speed". He's strong and fast and can dribble, but you need more than that to succeed in this league.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 04:48 - Sep 20 with 1997 viewsSwan91

After this game I think we should line up next PL game like this:

----------------Fabianski-----------
Naughton-----FF----AM------Ollson
------------Mesa-------Carrol-------
----------------Sanches--------
Narsingh-------------------Ayew
-----------------Bony---------------

Mesa should start and i think him and carrol would do well together with retaining possession and keeping the passes going... Sanches should be the creative AM who needs to make attacking passes to Bony and the wingers. Ayew would be the perfect winger for bony.. because he can use Bony's layoffs and try to score goals. I also think Narsingh can do the same.. run onto Bony's lay offs.. he is fast and should have had a goal tonight.

we should play with wingers next game... and i think this team could do really well together.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 05:05 - Sep 20 with 1987 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 04:48 - Sep 20 by Swan91

After this game I think we should line up next PL game like this:

----------------Fabianski-----------
Naughton-----FF----AM------Ollson
------------Mesa-------Carrol-------
----------------Sanches--------
Narsingh-------------------Ayew
-----------------Bony---------------

Mesa should start and i think him and carrol would do well together with retaining possession and keeping the passes going... Sanches should be the creative AM who needs to make attacking passes to Bony and the wingers. Ayew would be the perfect winger for bony.. because he can use Bony's layoffs and try to score goals. I also think Narsingh can do the same.. run onto Bony's lay offs.. he is fast and should have had a goal tonight.

we should play with wingers next game... and i think this team could do really well together.

That was a sound performance in which we did just about enough. We kept misplacing the final pass in promising situations, but there is plenty of potential for improvement on the part of key players who need games. It will be interesting to see how Bony's hold-up play develops. It may be my imagination, but I can't remember him getting pushed around quite as much in his first spell. Has the present slimmed-down Bony lost a bit of strength in his quest for greater mobility?
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 06:28 - Sep 20 with 1933 viewsclloy2

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:11 - Sep 19 by WarwickHunt

Fer was shite again tonight.

Agree Fer and Caroll both had poor starts to the season. Both only bench players at moment
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 06:36 - Sep 20 with 1925 viewsJackflack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:52 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

I don't. He posted what some match of the day pundit like Shearer would say without having a clue what he's about or what we want him to bring to the side, i can actually picture him saying it in my head!

Anyway, the only way Bony could work for us (slim chance) is for him and Ayew to be our main attacking options. Tammy wont fit, he can play sub.

Gary, you make no sense these days. It's like somebody has hacked your username

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 07:53 - Sep 20 with 1816 viewsMeraki

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:20 - Sep 19 by awayjack

Support was loud, proud and some good banter. Not sure if it was as many as 2k but great for midweek cup match. Shows how daft decision to only take 1200 tickets from WHU is as we have growing support from London / SE jacks.

Attendance according to Reading's official site:

Att: 8,729 (968 away)
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 08:05 - Sep 20 with 1796 viewsEasternJack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 07:53 - Sep 20 by Meraki

Attendance according to Reading's official site:

Att: 8,729 (968 away)

No way we only had 968

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 08:46 - Sep 20 with 1724 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 08:05 - Sep 20 by EasternJack

No way we only had 968

Hello, Diane.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 10:16 - Sep 20 with 1564 viewsjack2jack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:57 - Sep 19 by Loyal

Better than his brother every week. Surprised me, absolute class act.

Not only that ,but went to the away end,gave his top to a couple in the front row,and had a photo with them,and applauded the travelling fans.Nice touch I thought.
He seems to be loving it with us.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 10:31 - Sep 20 with 1540 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:06 - Sep 19 by Loyal

Sanches will play on Saturday, and will gradually become the name he was before he arrived.
We have a team in the making and we will all remember these days.
Some Saturdays don't always make the man, but seasons do.

The logical and sensible view at last. Patience isn't a virtue amongst out fanbase is it ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 11:04 - Sep 20 with 1491 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 10:16 - Sep 20 by jack2jack

Not only that ,but went to the away end,gave his top to a couple in the front row,and had a photo with them,and applauded the travelling fans.Nice touch I thought.
He seems to be loving it with us.

They showed that on the stream. Seems a nice lad and looks to have found a home here.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 12:07 - Sep 20 with 1419 viewsLoyal

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 08:05 - Sep 20 by EasternJack

No way we only had 968

We sold well over 1,000 tickets according to the ticket office.
There was a 600 walk up according Reading (spoke to the guy in the office this morning picking up West Ham tickets )
Fcking bullshit,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024