Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread 13:25 - Sep 18 with 50390 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 19:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 3998 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:48 - Sep 19 by macthejack

He barely had a sniff. He's a victim of our lack of creativity.

I wont argue with you, but the fact remains, if this is how we are setting up against a championship side then wtf is Bony doing here, and what impact is he going to have in the Premier League?
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 3976 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swansea City have now conceded only 1 goal this season in 450' of football away from the Liberty (1-4 win vs MK Dons).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:56 - Sep 19 with 3934 viewsjack2jack

Ayew, that was class at the end there
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:59 - Sep 19 with 3818 viewsOldjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:53 - Sep 19 by phact0rri

He's a forward. the closest the goal. if he's holding the ball and getting it into the box for the wings , this is also his job.

In the end a comfy win

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:59 - Sep 19 with 3814 viewsexiledclaseboy

Comfortable night. Job done. Move along.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:01 - Sep 19 with 3740 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:55 - Sep 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

Swansea City have now conceded only 1 goal this season in 450' of football away from the Liberty (1-4 win vs MK Dons).

Certainly a solid platform to build on. PC's made a massive difference since Bobbly on that front. He's just got to find a way of replacing siggy/Llorente goals/assists now, without ballsing up the defensive shape.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:01 - Sep 19 with 3725 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:55 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

I wont argue with you, but the fact remains, if this is how we are setting up against a championship side then wtf is Bony doing here, and what impact is he going to have in the Premier League?

I'd argue if he wasn't starting then we are going to be defending for long spells against teams a lot better than Reading. Doesn't stick when we play just Tammy. I personally won't just judge Bony on his goals.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:04 - Sep 19 with 3652 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:50 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck me it's his first start. He held it up and bought others into game. Give the guy a chance.

Brought others into the game? to do what? Fvck all from what i saw. We were playing a team from a league below us ffs. Who's he going to 'bring into play' on Saturday? The guy is a striker, they love to score goals. He's not here to hold the ball up to bring others into play, that is supposed to be just one part of his game. The main bit is busting the net.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 22:05]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:04 - Sep 19 with 3645 viewsEbo

Professional job done. This is a team in transition and it will take time and patience to get where we want to be,

Sanches got better as the game wore on, little things started to come off for him but that stopping still and trying to trick his man business won't work in the premier league, he's better running onto things.

Mesa was neat and tidy and I would be tempted to play him over Clucas or Carroll.

VDH looks an entirely different player from last season. Bartley will have a job getting in from of him in the pecking order if he keeps this up.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:05 - Sep 19 with 3609 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:50 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck me it's his first start. He held it up and bought others into game. Give the guy a chance.

Lots of players getting up to speed. I agree we must give them a chance. Wilf did a solid job. Mesa is coming good and looking the part. Sanches is brilliant in patches but his passing can be wayward and he can get his pocket picked a bit easily at times. I think he is going to be a great asset.
Whether this ends up with free flowing football I am not so sure. Jury still out for me. Our solidness in defence is encouraging though.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:08 - Sep 19 with 3535 viewsbuilthjack

Another result. A Clement masterclass again. Should be home by 1.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:10 - Sep 19 with 3487 viewsMo_Wives

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:55 - Sep 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

I have to say, I understand people wanting more from the attacking side of the game but our new solid defence doesn't half make me calmer. When we went 1 up, I was 75% convinced we would win. When we went 2 up I thought game over. When Bob was managing us, I would watch the kick off hyperventilating into a brown paper bag. We could go 3 up and my arse would still be twitching.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:11 - Sep 19 with 3441 viewsBytholWyn

I think people are being far too generous to Sanches. Sure, he showed some classy touches, and he showed a decent work ethic off the ball. But his decision making was very poor. I'm really not sure we can persevere with him in the starting eleven for too much longer on that showing - because he was a liability most of the time. Of course he could come good at some point, but Clement has got his work cut out to get Sanches to focus on doing the simple things right as a foundation to build on.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:12 - Sep 19 with 3435 viewsbuilthjack

Decent support. I would estimate about 2000-2200. Not bad for a Tues night early round game. Damn good in fact.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:15 - Sep 19 with 3374 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:04 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

Brought others into the game? to do what? Fvck all from what i saw. We were playing a team from a league below us ffs. Who's he going to 'bring into play' on Saturday? The guy is a striker, they love to score goals. He's not here to hold the ball up to bring others into play, that is supposed to be just one part of his game. The main bit is busting the net.

<< He's not here to hold the ball up to bring others into play, that is supposed to be just one part of his game. >>

That's the main thing he's been brought in for. Last year we relied on Set pieces because we had no fluidity going forward. Llorente wasn't a target man, brilliant in the air but with back to goal was average. Bony is here for more than his goals. I'm confident that they'll come with time. First start tonight, remember he's had very little first team games last two season.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Sep 19 with 3329 viewsmonmouth

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:04 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

Aye but leaving all that aside, tell me this Gar.

Do you think Bony will be a success?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Sep 19 with 3329 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:11 - Sep 19 by BytholWyn

I think people are being far too generous to Sanches. Sure, he showed some classy touches, and he showed a decent work ethic off the ball. But his decision making was very poor. I'm really not sure we can persevere with him in the starting eleven for too much longer on that showing - because he was a liability most of the time. Of course he could come good at some point, but Clement has got his work cut out to get Sanches to focus on doing the simple things right as a foundation to build on.

One of the strangest players I have seen, looks a world beater at times, but seems to struggle with five, ten yard passes which players at any level should have no problem with.

I'm with you though, not sure we can carry on persisting with him personally.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:22 - Sep 19 with 3216 viewsLoyal

Going about our business, disciplined and tactically sound.
The new Swansea way.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:23 - Sep 19 with 3202 viewsTheResurrection

Haha you've hung yourself out to dry with Bony, Ga. No going back now. You're going to watch every game hoping he facks up.

His job is to hold the ball up by the way, just as much as it is to pop the net.

Bony will be better next game and better the game after and better the....... i'm sure you get the drift.

Will enjoy this exchange throughout the season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:29 - Sep 19 with 3124 viewsBorojack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:23 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

Haha you've hung yourself out to dry with Bony, Ga. No going back now. You're going to watch every game hoping he facks up.

His job is to hold the ball up by the way, just as much as it is to pop the net.

Bony will be better next game and better the game after and better the....... i'm sure you get the drift.

Who would want a Swansea player to fukc up.
The irony.
Personally I want all our players to do well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:29 - Sep 19 with 3119 viewsTheResurrection

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:11 - Sep 19 by BytholWyn

A liability he was not, not for once or twice, never mind most of the game.

His short passing radar is well off but he didn't cost us anything. His missed passes were attempts at creative play, not allowing them a run on goal.

He's clearly got awesome feet and technique and the way I'd see him is this. Imagine he was a youngster out of our academy. He's 20 and learning his game, he's lost his way and he needs to be coached correctly as he really should knuckle down and listen and learn. He's got the whole season to improve on a brilliant natural platform and it's us who will benefit when he gets up to speed with English football and gets the confidence back in his passing.

He could have looked a whole lot better than he has, granted, but there's an exciting young talent just waiting to come of age in there so lets get behind him.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 19 with 3097 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:15 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

<< He's not here to hold the ball up to bring others into play, that is supposed to be just one part of his game. >>

That's the main thing he's been brought in for. Last year we relied on Set pieces because we had no fluidity going forward. Llorente wasn't a target man, brilliant in the air but with back to goal was average. Bony is here for more than his goals. I'm confident that they'll come with time. First start tonight, remember he's had very little first team games last two season.

Llorente scored goals, Siggy scored goals, we now need a striker who will score goals! Hold up play is not going to get us goals! Did we get a goal or a sniff of one from Bonys hold up play against a Championship side tonight? Nope, do you think he'll start on Saturday seeing as he's an experienced striker brought in to do a specific job as you imply? Nope! As i stated before we signed him, the guy is busted, money down the pan. unfortunately it'll take some of you a bit longer to realise it as you're still wetting your knickers over singing that lovely song again.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:33 - Sep 19 with 3079 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Sep 19 by monmouth

Aye but leaving all that aside, tell me this Gar.

Do you think Bony will be a success?

He'll be great Mon. Just great!
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:33 - Sep 19 with 3071 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

Llorente scored goals, Siggy scored goals, we now need a striker who will score goals! Hold up play is not going to get us goals! Did we get a goal or a sniff of one from Bonys hold up play against a Championship side tonight? Nope, do you think he'll start on Saturday seeing as he's an experienced striker brought in to do a specific job as you imply? Nope! As i stated before we signed him, the guy is busted, money down the pan. unfortunately it'll take some of you a bit longer to realise it as you're still wetting your knickers over singing that lovely song again.

Agree to disagree on this one. Wasn't Narsingh's disallowed goal from Bony turning defender and slotting him in? I may be wrong.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:37 - Sep 19 with 3008 viewsChrisSCFC

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:23 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

You'd have to be a bit special to watch every game hoping one of our outstanding talents of the PL era f*cks up just to slag them off on some forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024