Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread 13:25 - Sep 18 with 50266 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 19:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:38 - Sep 19 with 3049 viewsChrisSCFC

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:29 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

A liability he was not, not for once or twice, never mind most of the game.

His short passing radar is well off but he didn't cost us anything. His missed passes were attempts at creative play, not allowing them a run on goal.

He's clearly got awesome feet and technique and the way I'd see him is this. Imagine he was a youngster out of our academy. He's 20 and learning his game, he's lost his way and he needs to be coached correctly as he really should knuckle down and listen and learn. He's got the whole season to improve on a brilliant natural platform and it's us who will benefit when he gets up to speed with English football and gets the confidence back in his passing.

He could have looked a whole lot better than he has, granted, but there's an exciting young talent just waiting to come of age in there so lets get behind him.

He was shite.

Here's hoping he 'gets up to speed' soon.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:38 - Sep 19 with 3049 viewsjacktar

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

One of the strangest players I have seen, looks a world beater at times, but seems to struggle with five, ten yard passes which players at any level should have no problem with.

I'm with you though, not sure we can carry on persisting with him personally.

Glass half empty as usual Risca. You really should try to lighten up a bit or get a better understanding of our game.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:39 - Sep 19 with 3039 viewsTheResurrection

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

Llorente scored goals, Siggy scored goals, we now need a striker who will score goals! Hold up play is not going to get us goals! Did we get a goal or a sniff of one from Bonys hold up play against a Championship side tonight? Nope, do you think he'll start on Saturday seeing as he's an experienced striker brought in to do a specific job as you imply? Nope! As i stated before we signed him, the guy is busted, money down the pan. unfortunately it'll take some of you a bit longer to realise it as you're still wetting your knickers over singing that lovely song again.

Ok so let's use your comparison.

Llorente was fit to play from the start last season.

When did he score his first goal? How many games did it take him? You want Bony off the mark in his first start, but conveniently forget how long it took the wardrobe to do anything of note.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:39 - Sep 19 with 3035 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:33 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

Agree to disagree on this one. Wasn't Narsingh's disallowed goal from Bony turning defender and slotting him in? I may be wrong.

Great! So Bonys here, not to score goals himself, but to give opportunities to players like Narsingh. Sorry i spoke folks, everythings cool!
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:41 - Sep 19 with 3014 viewsTheResurrection

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:38 - Sep 19 by ChrisSCFC

He was shite.

Here's hoping he 'gets up to speed' soon.

He wasn't shite for me, he played at half cock just like the rest of the team and he tried things that weren't always on.

Decent game for me, not spectacular but nowhere near shite.

If you're looking for shite, try your post.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:42 - Sep 19 with 2995 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:23 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

Haha you've hung yourself out to dry with Bony, Ga. No going back now. You're going to watch every game hoping he facks up.

His job is to hold the ball up by the way, just as much as it is to pop the net.

Bony will be better next game and better the game after and better the....... i'm sure you get the drift.

Will enjoy this exchange throughout the season.

It's all part of the game Chris, you know the score.

However, i will be proved right, and mightily gutted i'll be.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:43 - Sep 19 with 2986 viewsChrisSCFC

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:41 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

He wasn't shite for me, he played at half cock just like the rest of the team and he tried things that weren't always on.

Decent game for me, not spectacular but nowhere near shite.

If you're looking for shite, try your post.

Strange you didn't give quite the same leniency to Gylfi as to he scores when he wants, assist king Renato.

Hope he comes good son.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:46 - Sep 19 with 2953 viewsdobjack2

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:29 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

A liability he was not, not for once or twice, never mind most of the game.

His short passing radar is well off but he didn't cost us anything. His missed passes were attempts at creative play, not allowing them a run on goal.

He's clearly got awesome feet and technique and the way I'd see him is this. Imagine he was a youngster out of our academy. He's 20 and learning his game, he's lost his way and he needs to be coached correctly as he really should knuckle down and listen and learn. He's got the whole season to improve on a brilliant natural platform and it's us who will benefit when he gets up to speed with English football and gets the confidence back in his passing.

He could have looked a whole lot better than he has, granted, but there's an exciting young talent just waiting to come of age in there so lets get behind him.

Made a big money move on the back of his Euro form. Financially you can't blame him but he would have been better off developing in Portugal than going to Bayern.

Gone backwards in his development and is here to get his confidence back and play games where he isn't in the Bayern goldfish bowl.

Agree with you that we are seeing glimpses of what he can do. It is up to the manager to get the best out of him. If he gets back on track he will be awesome.

I think too many people were expecting the player from the euros rather than understanding why he is here.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:47 - Sep 19 with 2944 viewsTheResurrection

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:43 - Sep 19 by ChrisSCFC

Strange you didn't give quite the same leniency to Gylfi as to he scores when he wants, assist king Renato.

Hope he comes good son.

Sanches is a young kid 3 games into a new country.

Not a moaning prima dona who can't trap a bag of shit. If he's slowing us down and blaming everyone else in 10/15 games i'll be done with him.

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:51 - Sep 19 with 2909 viewsclloy2

He should never have been put in a position where he is expected to perform on a premiership level. Great servant, but just like many others their time is up. The swans board need to look at this professionally, it may be a cheap option to keep players here long term, but they just can't hack it at this level.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:51 - Sep 19 with 2901 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:38 - Sep 19 by jacktar

Glass half empty as usual Risca. You really should try to lighten up a bit or get a better understanding of our game.

Have you read my other posts on this thread or are you just a bit thick?

Mesa was class, Sanches did some things well, but the very basics poorly. If you can't see that, I advise you not to try and get a better understanding of the game, but to maybe take up knitting. D*ck.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:52 - Sep 19 with 2893 viewsclloy2

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:30 - Sep 19 by Nogginthenog

Narsimgh and fer are shite

Is the correct answer
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:56 - Sep 19 with 2849 viewsclloy2

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:53 - Sep 19 by magicdaps10

You need runners off a player like Bony and certainly have ones who can run in behind him.......be it centrally or out wide.

He comes short, pops the ball back AND its paramount you have the runners.

Surely Tammy and Clucas should be foing that, with Sanches just behind
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:57 - Sep 19 with 2842 viewsLoyal

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 21:56 - Sep 19 by jack2jack

Ayew, that was class at the end there

Better than his brother every week. Surprised me, absolute class act.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:58 - Sep 19 with 2837 viewsclloy2

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:04 - Sep 19 by Ebo

Professional job done. This is a team in transition and it will take time and patience to get where we want to be,

Sanches got better as the game wore on, little things started to come off for him but that stopping still and trying to trick his man business won't work in the premier league, he's better running onto things.

Mesa was neat and tidy and I would be tempted to play him over Clucas or Carroll.

VDH looks an entirely different player from last season. Bartley will have a job getting in from of him in the pecking order if he keeps this up.

Correct Carrol is the obvious one to step down.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:59 - Sep 19 with 2831 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:57 - Sep 19 by Loyal

Better than his brother every week. Surprised me, absolute class act.

Works his b0llocks off aswell.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:59 - Sep 19 with 2824 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:39 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

Ok so let's use your comparison.

Llorente was fit to play from the start last season.

When did he score his first goal? How many games did it take him? You want Bony off the mark in his first start, but conveniently forget how long it took the wardrobe to do anything of note.

Woah Chris. Although i don't think us signing Bony was a good idea, i also have serious concerns how we are going to play him as i've previously stated in this thread. It doesn't seem that Clement has any intention of building our attacking play around him or anywhere close to it. We need goals from the loss of Llorente and Siggy, let's not forget that because it's paramount. Bonys hold up play to bring in ...well no one actually is not going to cut it, as is a 19 year old promising youngster on loan from Chelsea!
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:03 - Sep 19 with 2794 views34dfgdf54

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:59 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

Woah Chris. Although i don't think us signing Bony was a good idea, i also have serious concerns how we are going to play him as i've previously stated in this thread. It doesn't seem that Clement has any intention of building our attacking play around him or anywhere close to it. We need goals from the loss of Llorente and Siggy, let's not forget that because it's paramount. Bonys hold up play to bring in ...well no one actually is not going to cut it, as is a 19 year old promising youngster on loan from Chelsea!

How have you come to the conclusion Clement has no intention of building our attacking play around him? It seems to be he's giving him game time everywhere he can as he's desperate for him to be ready.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 23:03]
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:06 - Sep 19 with 2763 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:03 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

How have you come to the conclusion Clement has no intention of building our attacking play around him? It seems to be he's giving him game time everywhere he can as he's desperate for him to be ready.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 23:03]

Did he play him in an attacking position against a Championship side tonight then? No, he used him for his hold up play didn't he?
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:06 - Sep 19 with 2757 viewsLoyal

Sanches will play on Saturday, and will gradually become the name he was before he arrived.
We have a team in the making and we will all remember these days.
Some Saturdays don't always make the man, but seasons do.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:08 - Sep 19 with 2743 viewsJackSkellington

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:58 - Sep 19 by clloy2

But Carroll is possibly the only one capable of taking something approaching a decent dead ball. Although having said that, Sanches' ones tonight were a massive improvement on Clucas the other day. Clucas should never be let anywhere near a free kick again.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:09 - Sep 19 with 2724 viewsLoyal

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:08 - Sep 19 by JackSkellington

But Carroll is possibly the only one capable of taking something approaching a decent dead ball. Although having said that, Sanches' ones tonight were a massive improvement on Clucas the other day. Clucas should never be let anywhere near a free kick again.

Bony will be lining up a few before the end of November.
Netbusters.

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:11 - Sep 19 with 2697 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:58 - Sep 19 by clloy2

Fer was shite again tonight.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:20 - Sep 19 with 2646 viewsawayjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 22:12 - Sep 19 by builthjack

Decent support. I would estimate about 2000-2200. Not bad for a Tues night early round game. Damn good in fact.

Support was loud, proud and some good banter. Not sure if it was as many as 2k but great for midweek cup match. Shows how daft decision to only take 1200 tickets from WHU is as we have growing support from London / SE jacks.
The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:27 - Sep 19 with 2600 viewsGaryjack

The Official Reading FC Vs Swansea City Football League Cup Match Thread on 23:09 - Sep 19 by Loyal

Bony will be lining up a few before the end of November.
Netbusters.

It ain't gonna happen Loyls, But i pray it does and i've called it wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024