Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God we're boring to watch at the moment 14:13 - Sep 18 with 14170 viewsswancity

Aren't we?

And yes it was a very valuable point at Spurs but hardly deserved. 25-30 goal attempts for them, not one shot on target for us in 90 minutes and an incredible 7 goal attempts only to hit the target in 5 games and when the 'target' is 24 feet by 8 feet that stat takes some believing

But it's a means to an end. And I can see us plodding along to a finish of around 13th which will satisfy everyone. Or will it if the entertainment value and quality of the attacking football is poor?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:28 - Sep 19 with 2000 viewsMo_Wives

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:09 - Sep 19 by Valerie

Why are people constantly saying Sansches and Bony are not match fit yet?

Are they coming off serious injury or did they not do pre season training at their former clubs?

I think it's a bit of desperation hoping they are better than we have already seen.

So how long does this "not up to speed" excuse last and why are they not up to speed now?

I'd say once you get off the plane and drive to the training ground...
5mins to meet everyone.
5mins to learn the language.
5mins to understand how your team mates play...
Total= 15mins.

By jove, you have a point. Sanches has been here far longer than 15mins...make him pull his finger out, gaffer.

FFS...F*cking kill me now

Good luck, Mr Cooper

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:31 - Sep 19 with 1994 viewsValerie

I am talking fitness,it should not be an issue.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:41 - Sep 19 with 1980 viewsMo_Wives

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:31 - Sep 19 by Valerie

I am talking fitness,it should not be an issue.

Yes...it should not be. We should have sold Siggy earlier in the window, got our players in before pre-season...but we didn't. Whether they should be up to speed, the fact is they are not. So best to judge them when they are, IMO

When you say...
"I think it's a bit of desperation hoping they are better than we have already seen.

So how long does this "not up to speed" excuse last..."

You are suggesting they are not good enough and people are using the fitness issue as an excuse. What people are saying is judge them when they are up to speed. How long is that? I don't know...but it's not less than 2 games, FFS.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:45 - Sep 19 with 1974 viewsmonmouth

Are they coming off serious injury or did they not do pre season training at their former clubs?

I think it's a bit of desperation hoping they are better than we have already seen.

So how long does this "not up to speed" excuse last and why are they not up to speed now?

Made me laugh, ta.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:47 - Sep 19 with 1967 viewsLoyal

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:45 - Sep 19 by monmouth

Made me laugh, ta.

I'm the same on Mondays after a weekend off, by the time I get it all together it's Friday.
Fcking nightmare.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:54 - Sep 19 with 1962 viewsMo_Wives

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 08:45 - Sep 19 by monmouth

Made me laugh, ta.

TBH, after my initial face palm, I find myself shaking my head, smile on my face and saying "for f*cks sake" through a little chuckle.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 09:21 - Sep 19 with 1939 viewsjack247

Mainly because they aren't match fit yet
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 09:26 - Sep 19 with 1930 viewsMo_Wives

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 09:21 - Sep 19 by jack247

Mainly because they aren't match fit yet

Ay, ay, ay...point deducted for illegal use of sense.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 12:09 - Sep 19 with 1854 viewsswancity

I think someone needs to explain to Valerie that you only get match fit by playing in matches. Not surprisingly.

Hoping for a more adventurous approach from our club this sat v Watford. A dangerous team but licking wounds after a mauling on Saturday.

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 12:24 - Sep 19 with 1842 viewsswancity

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:13 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

One thing I wasn't watching our outstanding rearguard action on Saturday night was bored.

Fair point, whatever turns you on I suppose. But I expect a bit more than that to be honest.

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 18:30 - Sep 19 with 1753 viewsVetchfielder

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:01 - Sep 18 by TheResurrection

I'm sat here wondering if this is the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

First of all it's all about you and what you want or like. No offence here but seriously, who gives a shit?

Secondly you've written off this season when our star striker hasn't even facking started yet.

And thirdly it's like you're almost willing relegation on us in order for you to be able to enjoy your weekends a bit more.

Let me give you a bit of advice. Fack off to cinema on a Saturday afternoon and give your seat to someone with a facking pulse or something.

I can understand the hope for a more attacking style, Jesus we all want that, but this post is just pathetic, it really is.

By the way, anyone know the stats for these games last season? I think that would be a good place to start your moaning posts. Let's see where we are now compared to then?

And to Nige in the OP, You can't tally up all their shots and only use our shots on target. How many did Spurs actually have on target?

Because for all their pressure, we were never really troubled were we? We just did a proper, professional job on them. Italy have been winning world cups like this forever.

Two sides to a game, we're pretty good at the one, let's give the new squad time to get the other side better.

Oh right, fair enough but no need for the sarcasm and insults.

"it's all about you and you want or like" - Yes, I can only speak for myself, not for anybody else.

"who gives a shit?" not many, I agree with on this one.

"you've written off the season" - No, I didn't say that. I think we will stay up reasonably comfortably but not by playing exciting football.

"almost willing relegation on us" - No, I would prefer us to stay up but I want us to take some risks and try and play football like we used to.

"give your seat to someone with a facking pulse" - I've been to 95% of home matches in every season since 1975, with no breaks when were sh1t. If I had taken your advice in going to the cinema at times when I didn't enjoy watching us then I would have stopped being a supporter back in 1984. So those matches show that I have a pulse , as does me losing my voice from singing/chanting in my last 2 away games at Sunderland and Southampton. Anybody within a 5 seat radius of me down the Lib would also agree. I will continue to support and be loyal to my team even at times when I don't enjoy the football.

Proud to have been one of the 231

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:04 - Sep 19 with 1732 viewsValerie

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 12:09 - Sep 19 by swancity

I think someone needs to explain to Valerie that you only get match fit by playing in matches. Not surprisingly.

Hoping for a more adventurous approach from our club this sat v Watford. A dangerous team but licking wounds after a mauling on Saturday.

So in that case not a single player is match fit in the first few games of the season.

Bony and Sanches should be fit by now since they have had exactly the same pre season has every other player.

Anyway time will tell if they are good enough and just "not up to speed " or they are not the star players most on here think they are.

One thing is for sure giving the ball away 23 times in 69 minutes is not just down to lack of fitness.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 19:07]
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:10 - Sep 19 with 1726 viewsMo_Wives

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:04 - Sep 19 by Valerie

So in that case not a single player is match fit in the first few games of the season.

Bony and Sanches should be fit by now since they have had exactly the same pre season has every other player.

Anyway time will tell if they are good enough and just "not up to speed " or they are not the star players most on here think they are.

One thing is for sure giving the ball away 23 times in 69 minutes is not just down to lack of fitness.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 19:07]

No. Don't try and twist it, Val, what I said was: I will wait until they are up to speed before judging them. Not: Wait until they are up to speed then you will see how great they are. Slight difference...but I have to pull you up on your dishonest tactic. Sorry, love.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:12 - Sep 19 with 1724 viewsmonmouth

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:10 - Sep 19 by Mo_Wives

No. Don't try and twist it, Val, what I said was: I will wait until they are up to speed before judging them. Not: Wait until they are up to speed then you will see how great they are. Slight difference...but I have to pull you up on your dishonest tactic. Sorry, love.

Up to speed doesn't just mean fitness either. Knocked down his or her own straw man.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:14 - Sep 19 with 1720 viewsMo_Wives

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:12 - Sep 19 by monmouth

Up to speed doesn't just mean fitness either. Knocked down his or her own straw man.

That straw man is standing there, pointing at Val and saying "who me?...I'm not with that buffoon"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:14 - Sep 19 with 1720 viewsCroftyjack

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:01 - Sep 18 by TheResurrection

I'm sat here wondering if this is the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

First of all it's all about you and what you want or like. No offence here but seriously, who gives a shit?

Secondly you've written off this season when our star striker hasn't even facking started yet.

And thirdly it's like you're almost willing relegation on us in order for you to be able to enjoy your weekends a bit more.

Let me give you a bit of advice. Fack off to cinema on a Saturday afternoon and give your seat to someone with a facking pulse or something.

I can understand the hope for a more attacking style, Jesus we all want that, but this post is just pathetic, it really is.

By the way, anyone know the stats for these games last season? I think that would be a good place to start your moaning posts. Let's see where we are now compared to then?

And to Nige in the OP, You can't tally up all their shots and only use our shots on target. How many did Spurs actually have on target?

Because for all their pressure, we were never really troubled were we? We just did a proper, professional job on them. Italy have been winning world cups like this forever.

Two sides to a game, we're pretty good at the one, let's give the new squad time to get the other side better.

Sorry but I feel the same as the OP...I have seen us since 85 at there have been shit football in that time but we have always try to compete in a match.
It is since we abolished our principles and identity that we have become robotic and personally from a paying fans perspective it sucks.
For most it is an expensive hobby/passion and in this day and age people want to be entertained if that means in a different league so be it.
See its like this some of the deep supporting fans I see here and know personally don't care the league we are in it seems the wanna be managers are hell bent on us staying up cos maybe just maybe we will do a Leicester.
Attacking football all the way for me wherever it takes up..why are we so negative.
The PL money means absolutely nothing to us fans whatsoever.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 21:39 - Sep 19 with 1670 viewsSmellyplumz

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:14 - Sep 19 by Croftyjack

Sorry but I feel the same as the OP...I have seen us since 85 at there have been shit football in that time but we have always try to compete in a match.
It is since we abolished our principles and identity that we have become robotic and personally from a paying fans perspective it sucks.
For most it is an expensive hobby/passion and in this day and age people want to be entertained if that means in a different league so be it.
See its like this some of the deep supporting fans I see here and know personally don't care the league we are in it seems the wanna be managers are hell bent on us staying up cos maybe just maybe we will do a Leicester.
Attacking football all the way for me wherever it takes up..why are we so negative.

Our football has been garbage tonight regardless of the score.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 22:15 - Sep 19 with 1621 viewsTheResurrection

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 19:14 - Sep 19 by Croftyjack

Well you're entitled to your opinion no matter how pathetic it may be.

The embarrassing romanticising of our history, be it from 2003, 2011 or even your 1985 is laughable really.

We always tried to compete you say? WTF does that actually mean anyway? It's a poor effort mate, horribly poor. This coming after a hard fought and well deserved point against genuine title challengers in the best and most competitive league in the world.

Did you not even think twice before posting that nonsense?

I want to be entertained - I want blood, bring out the lions - I want that moon on the stick and total football in League 1.

Football has passed you by, you've got old and lost your way, it's the cinema for you too I'm afraid. Don't forget your popcorn.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 22:17 - Sep 19 with 1606 viewsTheResurrection

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 21:39 - Sep 19 by Smellyplumz

Our football has been garbage tonight regardless of the score.

We didn't get out of third gear against a Championship side away?

Comfortable all over the pitch, a walk in the park and some minutes into legs that needed it.

We go into the 4th round and still, not enough....

Our fans are becoming really sad examples of everything we used to hate.

Shameful.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 22:28 - Sep 19 with 1562 viewsCroftyjack

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 22:17 - Sep 19 by TheResurrection

Comfortable all over the pitch, a walk in the park and some minutes into legs that needed it.

Shameful.

You are an odd individual I must admit...none of your posts even make sense.
Learn to read other posts properly and understand what they are saying!

I am over the moon with Saturdays result and we played well tonight..never said any different.
Football passing me by if you are in your 20s like it sounds why weren't you there tonight as that is what footie is really about experiencing away games.
I have been there and done that and am happy going 6 or 7 away games a year..hardly ever missed in my twenties so don't slag people off you know nothing about.
Let me guess are you a FIFA player!
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 22:36 - Sep 19 with 1540 viewsTheResurrection

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 22:28 - Sep 19 by Croftyjack

You are an odd individual I must admit...none of your posts even make sense.
Learn to read other posts properly and understand what they are saying!

I am over the moon with Saturdays result and we played well tonight..never said any different.
Football passing me by if you are in your 20s like it sounds why weren't you there tonight as that is what footie is really about experiencing away games.
I have been there and done that and am happy going 6 or 7 away games a year..hardly ever missed in my twenties so don't slag people off you know nothing about.
Let me guess are you a FIFA player!

I understood your post and it was embarrassing.

You want more, you want champagne football in the lower leagues and you miss being young again.

Have an Ovaltine, give the mrs a cwtch and embrace your 50's.

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 22:43 - Sep 19 with 1525 viewsTheResurrection

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 18:30 - Sep 19 by Vetchfielder

Oh right, fair enough but no need for the sarcasm and insults.

"it's all about you and you want or like" - Yes, I can only speak for myself, not for anybody else.

"who gives a shit?" not many, I agree with on this one.

"you've written off the season" - No, I didn't say that. I think we will stay up reasonably comfortably but not by playing exciting football.

"almost willing relegation on us" - No, I would prefer us to stay up but I want us to take some risks and try and play football like we used to.

"give your seat to someone with a facking pulse" - I've been to 95% of home matches in every season since 1975, with no breaks when were sh1t. If I had taken your advice in going to the cinema at times when I didn't enjoy watching us then I would have stopped being a supporter back in 1984. So those matches show that I have a pulse , as does me losing my voice from singing/chanting in my last 2 away games at Sunderland and Southampton. Anybody within a 5 seat radius of me down the Lib would also agree. I will continue to support and be loyal to my team even at times when I don't enjoy the football.

Better effort, more like it.

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 23:35 - Sep 19 with 1483 viewsSmellyplumz

Shameful.

Just want to watch us play exciting football, is it a crime.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 10:47 - Sep 20 with 1389 viewsTheResurrection

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 23:35 - Sep 19 by Smellyplumz

Just want to watch us play exciting football, is it a crime.

It's not a crime, I'm sure most of us want this, but it's a bit spoilt innit, you know like we're still in September and our new signings have literally had no time at all to bed in yet.

We've not seen Tammy with Bony on the same pitch. Mesa who looked superb last night has had limited first team action, Ayew who's arguably been our best performer to slot in around the multitude of options open to us. Clucas was a dynamic box to box player for Hull last season I think is being played out of position at the bottom of the diamond and our bench is loads stronger.

People have forgotten who we are as a club and while no team should stand still. It's still prudent to keep our feet on the ground a bit.

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 10:57 - Sep 20 with 1375 viewsraynor94

Shameful.

Bang on the money, I'm really at a loss of what people want, a good work out tonight, in the next round, no injuries, job done. Move on to Saturday with confidence

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024