Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney punishment 18:18 - Sep 18 with 6776 viewswhoflungdung

Apart from emptying his pockets of small change he ll gave to do 100 hrs community work

Well, fook off out of our village as we ll clear up our own dog shyte

170 quid costs mind

£170. An insult

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Rooney punishment on 21:26 - Sep 18 with 4506 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rooney punishment on 21:25 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Not really no.

Coaching kids would be no kind of punishment for Rooney. It's the sort of thing he'd do now and again for the club anyway.

It'd be great for the kids though. Isn't that more important?

Poll: Tory leader

Rooney punishment on 21:30 - Sep 18 with 4501 viewsSirjohnalot

Rooney punishment on 21:25 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Not really no.

Coaching kids would be no kind of punishment for Rooney. It's the sort of thing he'd do now and again for the club anyway.

Completely agree, but this is a 100 hours of it in his free time

Accepted that he will have a lot more free time that you or I but he should not be punished for that.

They also need to take into account his health and safety. If they place him with a group of lads picking up rubbish then chances are that some prat will take a swing at him.
Rooney punishment on 21:30 - Sep 18 with 4500 viewslonglostjack

Rooney punishment on 21:24 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

Assuming community service is actually meant to benefit the community and not some act of petty schadenfreude so people can say "ha ha Rooney's being made to pick up dog sh!t" then 100 hours coaching and working with some underprivileged kids is exactly what he should be told to do.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 21:26]

So community service is not about punishment then? If that's the case then the fine should have been in relation to his income. Otherwise the unskilled worker is clearly disadvantaged.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 21:32]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rooney punishment on 21:35 - Sep 18 with 4488 viewsLohengrin

Rooney punishment on 19:03 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

When I was fined for a motoring offence I had to fill in a form detailing income etc so the magistrates could decide on the level if the fine. I f *cking hate magistrates. Usually middle class, often retired types with no idea of the rigours and difficulties some people face in life.

"middle class, often retired types..."

Behave yourself! If you and your brother hadn't stolen the AC Cobra you wouldn't have been up before the beak in the first place.

Take a tip from the delinquent that inspired your choler when he tells you that "crime is a product of social excess."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rooney punishment on 21:37 - Sep 18 with 4481 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rooney punishment on 21:30 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

So community service is not about punishment then? If that's the case then the fine should have been in relation to his income. Otherwise the unskilled worker is clearly disadvantaged.

The whole sentence is about punishment but if Rooney can put his skills to good use while serving his then that works for me. No amount of fine would have made any kind if financial impact on Rooney.

I wouldn't argue that someone with few or no skills is disadvantaged but frankly the system is designed that way and always has been. Personally I'd much rather see Rooney spend 100 hours bringing a bit of happiness and a thrill to some kids who may not otherwise have much good stuff in their lives than see him picking up litter in Stanley Park for our amusement and entertainment.

Rooney punishment on 21:38 - Sep 18 with 4476 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rooney punishment on 21:35 - Sep 18 by Lohengrin

"middle class, often retired types..."

Behave yourself! If you and your brother hadn't stolen the AC Cobra you wouldn't have been up before the beak in the first place.

Take a tip from the delinquent that inspired your choler when he tells you that "crime is a product of social excess."

Tw@t

Rooney punishment on 21:38 - Sep 18 with 4474 viewsDr_Winston

Rooney punishment on 21:26 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

It'd be great for the kids though. Isn't that more important?

Should be a punishment first and foremost. Admittedly that's a matter of perspective though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rooney punishment on 21:39 - Sep 18 with 4469 viewsSirjohnalot

Rooney punishment on 21:30 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

Well no, as both people will still be doing work which is unpaid.

I'm a lawyer and if I was made to do 100 hours of unpaid work, say giving free advice to people on the weekends when I normally go out running it is still the same punishment to me as if I was picking up rubbish on the street. I'd still be working for nothing irrespective as what I was doing, but the work I'd be given back to the community may be more of a payback than picking up litter as I would be directly helping people with legal problems they have.

I do give free advice to people, but that's my own choice not being forced to do it. Work is work, you are still doing it for free, but why not utilise someone's skill ?

(That is in no way deriding people picking up litter at all, as without them we would all be knackered)
Login to get fewer ads

Rooney punishment on 21:44 - Sep 18 with 4462 viewsLohengrin

Rooney punishment on 21:38 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

Tw@t

I've been called worse. I'm married.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rooney punishment on 21:51 - Sep 18 with 4438 viewsValerie

Rooney punishment on 19:55 - Sep 18 by Highjack

They should also donate a substantial amount of money to the charity that helps prostitutes deal with the trauma of having to sleep with Wayne Rooney.

Coleen gets enough already.
Rooney punishment on 21:51 - Sep 18 with 4438 viewslonglostjack

Rooney punishment on 21:37 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

The whole sentence is about punishment but if Rooney can put his skills to good use while serving his then that works for me. No amount of fine would have made any kind if financial impact on Rooney.

I wouldn't argue that someone with few or no skills is disadvantaged but frankly the system is designed that way and always has been. Personally I'd much rather see Rooney spend 100 hours bringing a bit of happiness and a thrill to some kids who may not otherwise have much good stuff in their lives than see him picking up litter in Stanley Park for our amusement and entertainment.

Agree with what you're saying on the social aspect but time to get a bit of equitable treatment on the punishment.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rooney punishment on 22:26 - Sep 18 with 4400 viewsmax936

Rooney punishment on 21:44 - Sep 18 by Lohengrin

I've been called worse. I'm married.

Fairplay she must a very tolerant Girl

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rooney punishment on 22:37 - Sep 18 with 4392 viewslifelong

Perhaps his community service punishment should be carried out between 3pm and 5pm each Saturday and Sunday for the next 6 months.
Rooney punishment on 00:44 - Sep 19 with 4352 viewsJack123

Rooney punishment on 21:39 - Sep 18 by Sirjohnalot

Well no, as both people will still be doing work which is unpaid.

I'm a lawyer and if I was made to do 100 hours of unpaid work, say giving free advice to people on the weekends when I normally go out running it is still the same punishment to me as if I was picking up rubbish on the street. I'd still be working for nothing irrespective as what I was doing, but the work I'd be given back to the community may be more of a payback than picking up litter as I would be directly helping people with legal problems they have.

I do give free advice to people, but that's my own choice not being forced to do it. Work is work, you are still doing it for free, but why not utilise someone's skill ?

(That is in no way deriding people picking up litter at all, as without them we would all be knackered)

Good points, but I think Mr Rooney should not be for the foreseeable future let any where near kids, he has lost his role model status when he chose to get behind the wheel peeed up.. There are some scenarios which this would work, but not in rooneys case..

libera nos a malo

Rooney punishment on 01:58 - Sep 19 with 4341 viewsLeonWasGod

Rooney punishment on 20:54 - Sep 18 by whoflungdung

So middle class then ?

Stigmatising there Andrew,with respect.

Why don't working class people apply to be magistrates.

It can depend on who you know or who your parents know, based on my very limited experience (I know 1 magistrate). Most of us don't get those opportunities. Not that that will always be the case of course, but it certainly helps!
Rooney punishment on 08:00 - Sep 19 with 4278 viewswhoflungdung

Fact.

I have two chums who are JP s and magistrates.

Both tradesmen

Both modest means

Neither Masonic

Class kills the brain

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Rooney punishment on 08:43 - Sep 19 with 4263 viewsSirjohnalot

Rooney punishment on 01:58 - Sep 19 by LeonWasGod

It can depend on who you know or who your parents know, based on my very limited experience (I know 1 magistrate). Most of us don't get those opportunities. Not that that will always be the case of course, but it certainly helps!

It's opoen to anyone, subject to certain criteria no previous convictions e.g. , In fact the more diverse the better I'd say.

The old view that the are 'middle aged, middle class, middle minded' probably is still true to a certain extent but that's because those types are more likely to apply but it's not as bad as it used to be.

They're all lay people, giving up their time for free, and on the whole do a decent job.

https://www.magistrates-association.org.uk/about-magistrates/becoming-magistrate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024