Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? 20:49 - Sep 19 with 5765 viewsSwanski

A friend commented that he would have loved to be a Swansea city or Leicester city supporter. Being a leeds supporter he has endured a terrible 15 years whilst being a Jack for the same time I have seen us climb up from the brink to become an established PL team and claim a trophy on the way. Winning the title is a huge deal for Leicester, so i think he is right(in my time at least). Chelsea and Man U have claimed a lot of silverware in this period but would anyone swap it for what we have achieved?
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 20:56 - Sep 19 with 5099 viewsNeath_Jack

Would i swap a couple of lower league promotions and a league cup win, for numerous premier league titles and european glory?

Aye, i think so mate

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:00 - Sep 19 with 5049 viewsMo_Wives

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 20:56 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

Would i swap a couple of lower league promotions and a league cup win, for numerous premier league titles and european glory?

Aye, i think so mate

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:14 - Sep 19 with 4978 viewsGaryjack

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 20:56 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

Aye, i think so mate

You're missing the point. He's talking about his life experience of being a Leeds fan over the 15 years he's supported them. He obviously didn't see Leeds glory days, it's the reverse of many of our younger fans not realising or experiencing how shit we were before they became Swans fans.
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:19 - Sep 19 with 4959 viewsNeath_Jack

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:14 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

You're missing the point. He's talking about his life experience of being a Leeds fan over the 15 years he's supported them. He obviously didn't see Leeds glory days, it's the reverse of many of our younger fans not realising or experiencing how shit we were before they became Swans fans.

Missing f*ck all Gar, i answered the his question in his last sentence.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:19 - Sep 19 with 4956 viewsmacthejack

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:14 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

He didn't ask if we'r more fortunate than Leeds fans though. He asked if we're the most fortunate in the league and whether we'd swap places with the likes of Chelsea. The answers to both questions are no and yes respectively.
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:26 - Sep 19 with 4902 viewsGaryjack

Ok, i didn't read the last bit!
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:39 - Sep 19 with 4838 viewsswan85

For me not the most fortunate, but very fortunate. My context on this, I was born in Swansea but grew up elsewhere, I was known as the sheep sh*gger at school and a Swansea fan all through the 80's during some low times in our clubs history. Many a p*ss take would happen on a Monday.

When I see some people now that I went to school with, they say to me, "I think of you most weekends when watching MOTD and seeing the results from premier league".

Happy days!
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 4750 viewspencoedjack

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:39 - Sep 19 by swan85

For me not the most fortunate, but very fortunate. My context on this, I was born in Swansea but grew up elsewhere, I was known as the sheep sh*gger at school and a Swansea fan all through the 80's during some low times in our clubs history. Many a p*ss take would happen on a Monday.

When I see some people now that I went to school with, they say to me, "I think of you most weekends when watching MOTD and seeing the results from premier league".

Happy days!

I believe those who watched us when we were really shite appreciate the PL much more although I enjoyed the shite days far more
Login to get fewer ads

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 22:56 - Sep 19 with 4516 viewsdobjack2

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:55 - Sep 19 by pencoedjack

I believe those who watched us when we were really shite appreciate the PL much more although I enjoyed the shite days far more

I agree about appreciating it more but did I enjoy Southend on a Friday night or Bournemouth or Leeds on a Tuesday more? Admittedly the trips themselves could be good fun but not necessarily the football.

The downside is the mercenary nature of the league and how money changes things and people and not necessarily for the better.
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 23:18 - Sep 19 with 4449 viewsBorojack

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 22:56 - Sep 19 by dobjack2

I agree about appreciating it more but did I enjoy Southend on a Friday night or Bournemouth or Leeds on a Tuesday more? Admittedly the trips themselves could be good fun but not necessarily the football.

The downside is the mercenary nature of the league and how money changes things and people and not necessarily for the better.

I think we have it better than the glory hunters of Man U Man City Liverpool Etc.
We have gone from the bottom to the top back down and back up again.
Been following this club since 1975 and it's never been dull.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 06:34 - Sep 20 with 4242 viewsjack247

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 23:18 - Sep 19 by Borojack

I think we have it better than the glory hunters of Man U Man City Liverpool Etc.
We have gone from the bottom to the top back down and back up again.
Been following this club since 1975 and it's never been dull.

I agree. Depends how you interpret the question.

I wouldn't swap the journey we have been on (since I started going in the mid 90s) for supporting a glory club and having nothing to contrast comparative success to. I doubt any Chelsea or United fan will have felt like we did in 2011, not just at Wembley, throughout most of the season when the promised land was getting closer and closer. Or when we went to the Mestalla and you could see people in the stand looking around bemused, clearly wondering 'how the hell did we get here?'

I wouldn't have said that 15 years ago mind!
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 06:58 - Sep 20 with 4206 viewssomersetsimon

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 06:34 - Sep 20 by jack247

I agree. Depends how you interpret the question.

I wouldn't swap the journey we have been on (since I started going in the mid 90s) for supporting a glory club and having nothing to contrast comparative success to. I doubt any Chelsea or United fan will have felt like we did in 2011, not just at Wembley, throughout most of the season when the promised land was getting closer and closer. Or when we went to the Mestalla and you could see people in the stand looking around bemused, clearly wondering 'how the hell did we get here?'

I wouldn't have said that 15 years ago mind!

Exactly - it all depends on your expectations. If you started supporting Chelsea or Man Utd 10 years ago, you are expecting to win the PL every year and hopefully have a shot at the Champions League.
Arsenal have been far more successful than us for the last 10 years. Do their supporters sound like they feel fortunate?
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 07:09 - Sep 20 with 4187 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes, i see the point.

Its now also true of welsh fans vs ,say, england fans.

The glory and heroics of Euro16, so sweet after the repeated near misses and the sad sad death of speedo. The spirit and the passion.

England since 1996 have even put people like Arry Redknapp off watching them. Soulless. Shambolic. Fearful of losing. Pointless nearly.

Beware of the Risen People

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 17:49 - Sep 20 with 3758 viewstaffpunk

Just support your local team, whether they do well or not, keep on doing it. You'll have great years, but mostly disappointing ones. It's not really that important in the whole tapestry of life.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 16:55 - Sep 21 with 3487 viewsAl_Bundy

This..

I remember Swansea being full of Leeds fans when they were under Don Revie
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 18:00 - Sep 21 with 3428 viewsphact0rri

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 21:39 - Sep 19 by swan85

Happy days!

I wasn't born in Swansea (though my father took me to your city when I was a kid and pretty much put me on a course to supporting my whole life). Funny is living in the US, any "soccer fan" who realizes I'm welsh automatically assumes I'm a swans supporter. Must really suck to be a welsh-american who support scumdiff

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 19:09 - Sep 21 with 3368 viewstaffpunk

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 18:00 - Sep 21 by phact0rri

I wasn't born in Swansea (though my father took me to your city when I was a kid and pretty much put me on a course to supporting my whole life). Funny is living in the US, any "soccer fan" who realizes I'm welsh automatically assumes I'm a swans supporter. Must really suck to be a welsh-american who support scumdiff

Let's be honest this has been one of the poorer threads on what is normally an excellent message board. NO Welsh-American I know who supports Cardiff would think that it sucks.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 22:36 - Sep 21 with 3277 viewsphact0rri

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 19:09 - Sep 21 by taffpunk

Let's be honest this has been one of the poorer threads on what is normally an excellent message board. NO Welsh-American I know who supports Cardiff would think that it sucks.

They don't mind people asking them if they support the Swans? If the shoe was on the other foot I think it would be somewhat annoying for me.

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 00:17 - Sep 22 with 3228 viewsKilkennyjack

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 22:36 - Sep 21 by phact0rri

They don't mind people asking them if they support the Swans? If the shoe was on the other foot I think it would be somewhat annoying for me.

Nobody is old enough to recall a time when the boot was on the other foot.

Beware of the Risen People

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 01:05 - Sep 22 with 3202 viewsLeonWasGod

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 17:49 - Sep 20 by taffpunk

Just support your local team, whether they do well or not, keep on doing it. You'll have great years, but mostly disappointing ones. It's not really that important in the whole tapestry of life.

I'd agree with that, and that's what I've done. Everywhere I've lived I've made an effort to support the nearest decent local side. And have collected a whole host of experiences and memories as a result, with years good and bad spent supporting teams from semi-pro level up to the PL. Swansea's the longest I've spent in one place, and I've been going since 2005; I guess I struck lucky this time. But I bet I'm a rare breed - most people will have just one club (I actively follow several and keep an eye open for results for about 8 or 9). I'm a football fan first and foremost, club man second.

Based on that perspective, and back to the OP, I'd say Swans fans have certainly been some of the luckiest over the last 14 years or so. Not many fans will have been on this journey. You had a taste of it for one year, but imagine that year after year, after year, after year. Whilst at the same time being widely applauded for attractive, dominating football. It doesn't come much better than that (even if the wheels have come off a bit in the last couple of years).
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 02:28 - Sep 22 with 3177 viewsKrisP

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 00:17 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody is old enough to recall a time when the boot was on the other foot.

Probably health & safety innit.
Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 09:29 - Sep 22 with 3092 viewsLoyal

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 01:05 - Sep 22 by LeonWasGod

I'd agree with that, and that's what I've done. Everywhere I've lived I've made an effort to support the nearest decent local side. And have collected a whole host of experiences and memories as a result, with years good and bad spent supporting teams from semi-pro level up to the PL. Swansea's the longest I've spent in one place, and I've been going since 2005; I guess I struck lucky this time. But I bet I'm a rare breed - most people will have just one club (I actively follow several and keep an eye open for results for about 8 or 9). I'm a football fan first and foremost, club man second.

Based on that perspective, and back to the OP, I'd say Swans fans have certainly been some of the luckiest over the last 14 years or so. Not many fans will have been on this journey. You had a taste of it for one year, but imagine that year after year, after year, after year. Whilst at the same time being widely applauded for attractive, dominating football. It doesn't come much better than that (even if the wheels have come off a bit in the last couple of years).

I always s knew you were a plastic 😂👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 10:36 - Sep 22 with 3071 viewswhoflungdung

Think that Revie outfit appealed to our thug element and those with dark corners .

Sadly, this filthy but huge club could join us next year.

Anyone who s run the gauntlet outside the Peacock will know what it's like to visit

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 18:53 - Sep 22 with 2966 viewsphact0rri

I've done my best to support LA Galaxy but MLS can be hard to watch, and seems to get worse as the years go on.

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 19:36 - Sep 22 with 2943 viewsLeonWasGod

Are swansea fans the most fortunate supporters in the league? on 09:29 - Sep 22 by Loyal

I always s knew you were a plastic 😂👍

🖕 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024