Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 15:16 - Sep 20 with 3481 viewsLandore_Jack

Another mediocre performance last night. A great servant for the club but it's time he moved on.

#backtojack

Routledge on 15:18 - Sep 20 with 2981 viewsmacthejack

Wow can't believe nobody has already noticed this!

Routledge on 16:19 - Sep 20 with 2881 viewsandrew

Didn't watch the game but I had a feeling he would be rated a 5 or less.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Routledge on 16:21 - Sep 20 with 2866 viewsDarran

Don't care,we won 2-0 and are in the next round of cup.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Routledge on 16:58 - Sep 20 with 2778 viewsAl_Bundy

I think we should extend his contract further.. lets give him 7 years

Class act.
Routledge on 17:17 - Sep 20 with 2742 viewsJoe_bradshaw

How about we direct our annoyance at the people who have failed to replace him adequately for a long time instead of at him for trying hard even though his best efforts haven't been good enough for that long time.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Routledge on 17:31 - Sep 20 with 2704 viewsicecoldjack

Routledge on 17:17 - Sep 20 by Joe_bradshaw

How about we direct our annoyance at the people who have failed to replace him adequately for a long time instead of at him for trying hard even though his best efforts haven't been good enough for that long time.

Exactly, the fact he's still probably one of our best wide options says more about how badly our club conducts transfer business than it does of Routledge.

I wish people would stop moaning about him, he does his best, same with Rangel, the club have had 6 yrs to try and upgrade on them and Leon and they still haven't !!

Has anyone else also thought that our dour formation doesn't help any form of wing play ?
Some players perform better in certain systems, it's also worth noting that.

Routs has been a great servant, i suggest we actually have a bit of class and cut him some slack, it's not his fault he gets picked by every single manager that comes here.
Routledge on 17:43 - Sep 20 with 2679 viewssP7qupUf

I remember listening to Test Match Special many years ago. England were playing at Headingly and the Yorkshire crowd, who can be unforgiving to say the least, were giving Derek Pringle awful stick as he was being carted all over the ground by the Aussies. Fred Truman, who wasn't backward in coming forward himself, stated that he didn't know why the crowd were having a go at Pringle and stated "the lad's doing his best". He was clear that the crowd should be taking task with the selectors as "they picked him". A cricket situation but not far off the situation in this case.
Routledge on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 2657 viewsJethroJack

Routs has been the whipping boy for a lot on here for a long time.
Yeah, let's get rid shall we.
Like we should have got rid of Fede, Kyle N, Kyle B & Mike VDH.
FFS, why not just let Clem do his job & make these decisions. He's worked phucking wonders so far 😁
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 17:54 - Sep 20 with 2642 viewstomdickharry

Routledge on 17:31 - Sep 20 by icecoldjack

Exactly, the fact he's still probably one of our best wide options says more about how badly our club conducts transfer business than it does of Routledge.

I wish people would stop moaning about him, he does his best, same with Rangel, the club have had 6 yrs to try and upgrade on them and Leon and they still haven't !!

Has anyone else also thought that our dour formation doesn't help any form of wing play ?
Some players perform better in certain systems, it's also worth noting that.

Routs has been a great servant, i suggest we actually have a bit of class and cut him some slack, it's not his fault he gets picked by every single manager that comes here.

Good post
Routledge on 18:09 - Sep 20 with 2603 viewsEasternJack

I'm assuming that those commenting on here weren't there last night where he either pinged crosses too far or into the first man. Or didn't see him put through clean by Sanches only to allow the defender to catch up with him before tamely passing the ball to their keeper (who was so shocked that he shinned the ball for a corner)

Mediocre is an understatement.

How many chances does he get?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Routledge on 18:31 - Sep 20 with 2565 viewssP7qupUf

Routledge on 18:09 - Sep 20 by EasternJack

I'm assuming that those commenting on here weren't there last night where he either pinged crosses too far or into the first man. Or didn't see him put through clean by Sanches only to allow the defender to catch up with him before tamely passing the ball to their keeper (who was so shocked that he shinned the ball for a corner)

I was. Hence my cricket related post. He's doing his best. Do people really think that he goes on the field to mess up. He is just not a PL player anymore.
Routledge on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 2560 viewsJackfath

People forget he's good at tracking back.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Routledge on 19:44 - Sep 20 with 2458 viewsicecoldjack

As many as Paul clement decides .

I'm also assuming that those commenting on how poor he was don't quite understand that it's the manager and the club that sign players, none of which in 6 yrs have proved to be better than Routs even now !

That is the issue here not the player. If the club conducted correct transfer business and upgraded at the right time then this is a non issue, ditto Rangel,ditto Leon .

Yet again all this flack the player gets can be firmly placed at the DOF door . Routs signed his last contract and said he see's himself now helping the younger players, unfortunately for him the club signed nobody for him to help !!

It's all bit of a mess and a sorry way to treat a player who has been one of our best signings in the premier league, everyone knows he's past his best but blame the club for not replacing him not the player himself.
Routledge on 20:08 - Sep 20 with 2414 views34dfgdf54

Routledge on 19:44 - Sep 20 by icecoldjack

I'm also assuming that those commenting on how poor he was don't quite understand that it's the manager and the club that sign players, none of which in 6 yrs have proved to be better than Routs even now !

That is the issue here not the player. If the club conducted correct transfer business and upgraded at the right time then this is a non issue, ditto Rangel,ditto Leon .

Yet again all this flack the player gets can be firmly placed at the DOF door . Routs signed his last contract and said he see's himself now helping the younger players, unfortunately for him the club signed nobody for him to help !!

It's all bit of a mess and a sorry way to treat a player who has been one of our best signings in the premier league, everyone knows he's past his best but blame the club for not replacing him not the player himself.

Agree with this. I don't think Routs should be getting much game time but deserves respect. Been an outstanding signing for us over the years.
Routledge on 20:15 - Sep 20 with 2401 viewsOldjack

Routledge on 20:08 - Sep 20 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with this. I don't think Routs should be getting much game time but deserves respect. Been an outstanding signing for us over the years.

he had his moments , as did most ,now they're far and few between

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Routledge on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 2372 viewskarnataka

Allowed a defender to catch up with him? No he didn't, the defender caught up with him because he was able to run faster that Routs. Why is that difficult to understand? I can relate to that. Happens to me a lot and some mouthy bugger will shout that I 'let a player go' when the reality is that the player is probably 20 years younger than me and a lot quicker. Routs is not as quick as he was. Simple as that. No blame. Should have got a shot away quicker? Yes, almost certainly.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 20:31]
Routledge on 20:31 - Sep 20 with 2356 viewsDewi1jack

Routledge on 19:44 - Sep 20 by icecoldjack

How true.

Beaky plays at FIFA football manager/ scout trying his fuggin best to sign the likes of N'Gog, Tabanou or anyone whose had their odd good game in their career against us and everyone slags off Routs.
Surprised we went a transfer window not being linked with Adomah this year!
Pick on Beaky, the slimey sellout b'stards and the Trust as they all agreed on new contracts for aging players/ not replacing/ pocketing bonuses etc

Is there anyone here who wouldn't sign a new contract with their bosses when they were approaching the end of their career?
Walk away or take a guaranteed wage for a few more months?
Think we can all guess that answer.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Routledge on 20:52 - Sep 20 with 2314 viewsJango

Routledge on 18:31 - Sep 20 by sP7qupUf

I was. Hence my cricket related post. He's doing his best. Do people really think that he goes on the field to mess up. He is just not a PL player anymore.

No player goes on the field to mess up, it doesn't stop them getting criticised when they are crap. Routledge has earned £20k+ a week for the last 3 years to be crap. My 5 year old has got a better strike than him.
Routledge on 20:55 - Sep 20 with 2308 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 20:31 - Sep 20 by Dewi1jack

How true.

Beaky plays at FIFA football manager/ scout trying his fuggin best to sign the likes of N'Gog, Tabanou or anyone whose had their odd good game in their career against us and everyone slags off Routs.
Surprised we went a transfer window not being linked with Adomah this year!
Pick on Beaky, the slimey sellout b'stards and the Trust as they all agreed on new contracts for aging players/ not replacing/ pocketing bonuses etc

Is there anyone here who wouldn't sign a new contract with their bosses when they were approaching the end of their career?
Walk away or take a guaranteed wage for a few more months?
Think we can all guess that answer.

A Routledge hating thread with no Perchrock contribution. Is he ill?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 20:55 - Sep 20 with 2307 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I do not blame Routledge for playing, I put the blame squarely on PC's shoulders for selecting him.
The Under 23 Wingers, especially James, would put in just as good a performance as Routledge.
They wouldn't miss any more passes, fail to put in any less decent crosses, fail to beat any less defenders or make any less tackles.
But PC will not take a chance, even for 10 minutes at the end of a game on any of them, but persists with a player who is no longer up to Premier League standard.
Anything that goes wrong due to Routledge is PC's problem, but falls on the rest of his team mates to cover for them.
Routledge on 21:02 - Sep 20 with 2288 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 20:55 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

I do not blame Routledge for playing, I put the blame squarely on PC's shoulders for selecting him.
The Under 23 Wingers, especially James, would put in just as good a performance as Routledge.
They wouldn't miss any more passes, fail to put in any less decent crosses, fail to beat any less defenders or make any less tackles.
But PC will not take a chance, even for 10 minutes at the end of a game on any of them, but persists with a player who is no longer up to Premier League standard.
Anything that goes wrong due to Routledge is PC's problem, but falls on the rest of his team mates to cover for them.

Of course you can't blame him playing , it's his feckin job! The dogs abuse he gets from morons is shameful though. F*cking idiots

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 21:05 - Sep 20 with 2278 viewsoldcob

Realistically he's not good enough any more. Not his fault, it's not as though he's not trying. It's the players that don't try or don't care that I can't stand.
Routledge on 21:05 - Sep 20 with 2277 viewsLoyal

Routledge on 20:52 - Sep 20 by Jango

No player goes on the field to mess up, it doesn't stop them getting criticised when they are crap. Routledge has earned £20k+ a week for the last 3 years to be crap. My 5 year old has got a better strike than him.

20k ?
Double it mate.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Routledge on 08:22 - Sep 21 with 2096 viewsawayjack

Yes good servant but if another club had come in for him / pay slightly higher wages he'd have gone last year. No PL club has shown interest for obvious reasons he's not good enough. Shocking decision to extend his contact.
Routledge on 08:53 - Sep 21 with 2054 viewsmidswan

Routledge on 08:22 - Sep 21 by awayjack

Yes good servant but if another club had come in for him / pay slightly higher wages he'd have gone last year. No PL club has shown interest for obvious reasons he's not good enough. Shocking decision to extend his contact.

If another club offered any of our players more money they would be gone...as I think we've all seen time and again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024