Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Att The Res 16:25 - Sep 20 with 3855 viewsSTID2017

With regards to a comment you made about Mesa saying in your opinion he seemed "hot-headed and confrontational "
Serious question - how did you rate Chico Flores when he played for us ?
If ever a player was hot-headed and confrontational it was him, yet many rated him and continue to rate him, with quite a few wanting him back at the club, in spite the fact he's done the square root of nothing worthwhile since he left.
At least Chico had a good run of games to allow us fans to decide on his ability and attitude.
People writing Mesa off after seeing so little of him is just plain crazy.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Att The Res on 17:49 - Sep 20 with 2884 viewsTheResurrection

I don't think anyone has written him off, I certainly have not.

There's no point looking for silly comparisons and asking opinion. The Mesa situation is what it is, the Chico one the same. Personally I'd have Chico back on a trial if he's unattached and in the main, off the field, I don't think Chico and Mesa are similar characters.

Mesa came into the club all guns blazing and it's my guess he needed taking down a peg or two, or diplomatically putting it, needed to calm down and not rock any boats.

Chico didn't come in and lambast all around him, he may have tried to decapitate opposition players, but that's different.

Yesterday I saw a team player in Mesa, he looked every part the genuine article and just got on with his game. Hedidn't try to manage players around him or bollock them, that's Clements job, he just got on with the task in hand and superbly well.

I'll be hugely disappointed if he's not given a real chance in the near future.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Att The Res on 18:22 - Sep 20 with 2834 viewsEasternJack

He did the same last night - did a lot of organising and shouting. Definitely fancies himself as captain material. Personally I like to see this, but maybe PC wants him to focus on his own game first & foremost?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Att The Res on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 2805 viewsTheResurrection

Att The Res on 18:22 - Sep 20 by EasternJack

He did the same last night - did a lot of organising and shouting. Definitely fancies himself as captain material. Personally I like to see this, but maybe PC wants him to focus on his own game first & foremost?

Well I wasn't there so wouldn't have seen all but I did keep a close eye on him and he looked like he was just concentrating on his own game, mostly. I thought his temperament and attitude was first class.

But you don't see it all on the box...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Att The Res on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 2625 views73_Symonds_Yat

Att The Res on 17:49 - Sep 20 by TheResurrection

There's no point looking for silly comparisons and asking opinion. The Mesa situation is what it is, the Chico one the same. Personally I'd have Chico back on a trial if he's unattached and in the main, off the field, I don't think Chico and Mesa are similar characters.

Mesa came into the club all guns blazing and it's my guess he needed taking down a peg or two, or diplomatically putting it, needed to calm down and not rock any boats.

Chico didn't come in and lambast all around him, he may have tried to decapitate opposition players, but that's different.

Yesterday I saw a team player in Mesa, he looked every part the genuine article and just got on with his game. Hedidn't try to manage players around him or bollock them, that's Clements job, he just got on with the task in hand and superbly well.

In what way did he come into the club with all guns blazing ?
Att The Res on 19:56 - Sep 20 with 2588 viewsicecoldjack

Personally i think some of our players don't get bollocked enough, especially Newcastle at home, where i felt there was a lack of professional pride and too many players hiding, at least Mesa doesn't seem to hide from the ball .

It's just heartening to know Mesa isn't a dud and he can clearly play a part at the Swans, we all look for theories as to why he isn't playing but maybe it really is a case of him settling into a different culture,regime and playing style.

Very happy to hear many fans enjoyed his performance, that will have the desired effect for selection in the next game, it will also give Mesa a huge boost, happy days .
Att The Res on 20:11 - Sep 20 with 2536 views34dfgdf54

Att The Res on 19:56 - Sep 20 by icecoldjack

Personally i think some of our players don't get bollocked enough, especially Newcastle at home, where i felt there was a lack of professional pride and too many players hiding, at least Mesa doesn't seem to hide from the ball .

It's just heartening to know Mesa isn't a dud and he can clearly play a part at the Swans, we all look for theories as to why he isn't playing but maybe it really is a case of him settling into a different culture,regime and playing style.

Very happy to hear many fans enjoyed his performance, that will have the desired effect for selection in the next game, it will also give Mesa a huge boost, happy days .

Two posts in a matter of seconds, spot on.

This squad needs more leaders, he looks like he has that about him. I love the clip of him standing over Neymar shouting at him.
Att The Res on 20:21 - Sep 20 with 2509 viewsTheResurrection

Att The Res on 20:11 - Sep 20 by 34dfgdf54

Two posts in a matter of seconds, spot on.

This squad needs more leaders, he looks like he has that about him. I love the clip of him standing over Neymar shouting at him.

There's a time and place for everything.

John Terry used to bark orders and shout at his team mates, but he had been at the Club since a nipper.

Are you all, and i'm not singling you out here in particular Blaine, not able to see things or work things out.

It's really not hard.

If you're going to walk into a group environment and come across as the main man, dogs bollox, argumentative or controlling, then there's a good chance you're not going to go down that well or be accepted so quickly.

It's irrelevant if we need a leader on the pitch or not, and I agree, we do, but you've got to earn that right, you don't come in shouting the odds and achieve that from the start.

Cast your minds back to the friendlies, in the US and against Sampdoria, the Mesa that argued and bollocked his team mates then was nowhere to be seen yesterday.

It seems Clement has been managing this aspect, it's nothing to do with his football ability.

(I really hope people can bloody see this as I can't get out a bastard blackboard and chalk FFS)

Att The Res on 20:41 - Sep 20 with 2457 views34dfgdf54

Att The Res on 20:21 - Sep 20 by TheResurrection

There's a time and place for everything.

John Terry used to bark orders and shout at his team mates, but he had been at the Club since a nipper.

Are you all, and i'm not singling you out here in particular Blaine, not able to see things or work things out.

It's really not hard.

If you're going to walk into a group environment and come across as the main man, dogs bollox, argumentative or controlling, then there's a good chance you're not going to go down that well or be accepted so quickly.

It's irrelevant if we need a leader on the pitch or not, and I agree, we do, but you've got to earn that right, you don't come in shouting the odds and achieve that from the start.

Cast your minds back to the friendlies, in the US and against Sampdoria, the Mesa that argued and bollocked his team mates then was nowhere to be seen yesterday.

It seems Clement has been managing this aspect, it's nothing to do with his football ability.

(I really hope people can bloody see this as I can't get out a bastard blackboard and chalk FFS)

Good post in fairness and correct in what you say regarding earning the right. Fingers crossed Clement can sort that sooner rather than later if that is the case and we see more of him on the park.
Login to get fewer ads

Att The Res on 20:52 - Sep 20 with 2427 viewsTheResurrection

Mesa v Reading

94 completed passes
95% accuracy

This is what we need.

Att The Res on 20:59 - Sep 20 with 2396 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Att The Res on 20:52 - Sep 20 by TheResurrection

Mesa v Reading

94 completed passes
95% accuracy

This is what we need.

What average distance Res?
Att The Res on 21:01 - Sep 20 with 2386 viewsKilkennyjack

Att The Res on 20:52 - Sep 20 by TheResurrection

Mesa v Reading

94 completed passes
95% accuracy

This is what we need.

Impressive.

Beware of the Risen People

Att The Res on 21:05 - Sep 20 with 2373 viewsSTID2017

Thanks for a sensible well - balanced answer.
I originally asked the question prior to yesterday's game, so it was nice for us to see the quality Mesa can bring to the team.
I hope he's given a run of games to prove his worth.

Att The Res on 21:18 - Sep 20 with 2344 viewsTheResurrection

Att The Res on 20:59 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

What average distance Res?

Average distance of pass?

I'm not sure, I picked this stat up from SCFC Twitter. This season Stats Zone has discontinued - absolutely gutted, although the creator is trying to find new backers.

Att The Res on 22:54 - Sep 20 with 2156 views73_Symonds_Yat

Mesa's attitude since he's arrived in Swansea has been first class & has caused no problems, sorry if that's pi$$ on your parade.

Where people make up these stories is beyond me.
Att The Res on 23:05 - Sep 20 with 2133 viewsdameedna

It was a guess. Based on the fact he has not played as much as Clucas and Sanches. Mesa has himself declared he is a goofy character. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with his professionalism and team bonding. But at 11m or so and a pedigree in Spain beforehand Mesa should have played more. To his credit he has taken the proverbial slap and hopefully now his chance.
Att The Res on 07:41 - Sep 21 with 2008 viewspencoedjack

Fuk me Chris you have some little puppies holding on to your every word.

Impressive
Att The Res on 07:54 - Sep 21 with 1984 views34dfgdf54

Att The Res on 07:41 - Sep 21 by pencoedjack

Impressive

Correct in what he says about Mesa though Penc, you do have to earn the right before you shout off, so if it is happening the players may be a bit put out.

I'm still not convinced the reason Mesa isn't being picked is due to attitude though. I've already said what I think, Clement didn't want him. I think he's f*cked here to be honest.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 7:59]
Att The Res on 08:02 - Sep 21 with 1957 viewspencoedjack

Att The Res on 07:54 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

Correct in what he says about Mesa though Penc, you do have to earn the right before you shout off, so if it is happening the players may be a bit put out.

I'm still not convinced the reason Mesa isn't being picked is due to attitude though. I've already said what I think, Clement didn't want him. I think he's f*cked here to be honest.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 7:59]

If a poster directed a question directly to you I could understand, I guess he has to be correct about something.

Anyway fast flowing in football will be with us starting at West Ham away
Att The Res on 09:14 - Sep 21 with 1910 viewsSTID2017

Att The Res on 07:41 - Sep 21 by pencoedjack

Impressive

Don't include me in that, usually I slag him off and he calls me all the names going.
However in this instance (and with the hindsight of Tuesday night) his answer is sensible.
Personally though I always thought Chico was a clown, always had a sending off in him (people accept that about Shelvey, but not Chico - strange) and was glad to see him leave

Att The Res on 09:29 - Sep 21 with 1874 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Att The Res on 09:14 - Sep 21 by STID2017

Don't include me in that, usually I slag him off and he calls me all the names going.
However in this instance (and with the hindsight of Tuesday night) his answer is sensible.
Personally though I always thought Chico was a clown, always had a sending off in him (people accept that about Shelvey, but not Chico - strange) and was glad to see him leave

Yes Chico was a hot headed player (not a clown), which was probably down to his temperament and background.
But he had tremendous game awareness and positional sense.
Even his hot headedness seemed under better control just before he left.
Did he contribute more than he gave away?
I would say yes he did.

And like you do not include me in any Res puppy list, but I can acknowledge when he speaks sense without totally abusing everybody else.
Att The Res on 11:03 - Sep 21 with 1796 viewsSTID2017

Att The Res on 09:29 - Sep 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes Chico was a hot headed player (not a clown), which was probably down to his temperament and background.
I would say yes he did.

And like you do not include me in any Res puppy list, but I can acknowledge when he speaks sense without totally abusing everybody else.

Agree he contributed a lot - I suppose over time it's the nonsense like diving and all the silliness at that West Ham game that override the positive things he did.
Also his potential to be hot headed was always there under the surface.
Personally I feel Mesa is going to go on to be a brilliant player for us (as with Abraham and Sanches) but they will all take time to bed in.
Bony will be the key for them all having a successful season IMO

Att The Res on 11:03 - Sep 21 with 1796 viewsMoscowJack

I think Mesa was too slow on the ball and needed to get fitter. I don't think he was fit coming here and missed the hard yards in pre-season with us.

If I could see him getting caught too many times on the ball, so could PC. If I could see him a few yards out of position on numerous occasions, because of fitness, effort or discipline, so could PC.

THIS is why I think he's been pushed down the pecking order.

I also understand Res' point about his introduction to the squad. I have no idea whether it's true or not, but we could make a reasonable assumption based on the way he behaved on the pitch. Nobody likes the new boy being the know-it-all, whether that's on a football pitch or in an office. If he had the pedigree of Xavi, it might be different, but he hasn't.

I watched him really closely in pre-season and in games he's been involved in. He's definitely improved, but I still think the biggest difference between him and Leon (apart from Mesa's better range of passing) is that Leon looks for the ball more and creates more triangles. There were too many gaps in front of defence against Reading when we had the ball. For example, Naughton looks considerably better when Leon's around as Leon ALWAYS comes for the short ball. Mesa doesn't always do that as he prefers to take it off the centre halves.

I think Mesa might start this weekend, but can't see Carroll or Clucas being dropped mainly because they seem to be two of PC's favourites. Time will tell, I suppose.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Att The Res on 11:14 - Sep 21 with 1769 viewsmajorraglan

Att The Res on 09:29 - Sep 21 by A_Fans_Dad

I would say yes he did.

Still can't believe that Chico Flores is a free agent. I would have thought someone would have snapped him up by now.
Att The Res on 11:29 - Sep 21 with 1752 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Att The Res on 11:03 - Sep 21 by MoscowJack

I think Mesa was too slow on the ball and needed to get fitter. I don't think he was fit coming here and missed the hard yards in pre-season with us.

If I could see him getting caught too many times on the ball, so could PC. If I could see him a few yards out of position on numerous occasions, because of fitness, effort or discipline, so could PC.

THIS is why I think he's been pushed down the pecking order.

I also understand Res' point about his introduction to the squad. I have no idea whether it's true or not, but we could make a reasonable assumption based on the way he behaved on the pitch. Nobody likes the new boy being the know-it-all, whether that's on a football pitch or in an office. If he had the pedigree of Xavi, it might be different, but he hasn't.

I watched him really closely in pre-season and in games he's been involved in. He's definitely improved, but I still think the biggest difference between him and Leon (apart from Mesa's better range of passing) is that Leon looks for the ball more and creates more triangles. There were too many gaps in front of defence against Reading when we had the ball. For example, Naughton looks considerably better when Leon's around as Leon ALWAYS comes for the short ball. Mesa doesn't always do that as he prefers to take it off the centre halves.

I think Mesa might start this weekend, but can't see Carroll or Clucas being dropped mainly because they seem to be two of PC's favourites. Time will tell, I suppose.

Spot on re Mesa not making himself available enough for the out-ball - incl from the CHs (too many long balls from them instead of Leon-esque triangles/build up play)

Mesa doesnt seem to engender confidence (clearly with PC) but also players - Sanches and Fer often came too deep to try and build up play; CHs preferring to hoof etc. TWT whether he can step up
Att The Res on 11:36 - Sep 21 with 1738 viewsTheResurrection

Att The Res on 11:29 - Sep 21 by KulusBeatFactory

Spot on re Mesa not making himself available enough for the out-ball - incl from the CHs (too many long balls from them instead of Leon-esque triangles/build up play)

Mesa doesnt seem to engender confidence (clearly with PC) but also players - Sanches and Fer often came too deep to try and build up play; CHs preferring to hoof etc. TWT whether he can step up

What?? No chance. No way..

94 completed passes
95% completion rate.

He was on hand throughout.

I think Leon used to average 60 to 70 in a game in his heyday.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024