Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Castle Bingo - new refit 20:16 - Sep 21 with 24201 viewsJackfath

A £1.3M refit opened by Carolyn Harris. Wasn't she the main person behind new legislation to ban high jackpot gambling machines in bookmakers?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/spent-13m-transforming-bingo-hall-1
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 20:16]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Castle Bingo - new refit on 09:25 - Sep 22 with 5186 viewsNogginthenog

Is that the BFG on the left.
Castle Bingo - new refit on 09:51 - Sep 22 with 5165 viewsBanosswan

Do you reckon that young guy took the opportunity to slip it in?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Castle Bingo - new refit on 09:58 - Sep 22 with 5160 viewsMo_Wives

Castle Bingo - new refit on 09:51 - Sep 22 by Banosswan

Do you reckon that young guy took the opportunity to slip it in?

Why are black people so much cooler than us? have a look at these two black people twerking....

Now go back and look at those goofy white people doing it. Embarrassing.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2017 10:22]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Castle Bingo - new refit on 10:06 - Sep 22 with 5149 viewswhoflungdung

Would the world be a darker place without betting shops .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Castle Bingo - new refit on 10:07 - Sep 22 with 5150 viewsMo_Wives

Castle Bingo - new refit on 10:06 - Sep 22 by whoflungdung

Would the world be a darker place without betting shops .

I bet you 50 bucks it would

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Castle Bingo - new refit on 10:09 - Sep 22 with 5143 viewswhoflungdung

I used to gamble when I was late teens.

A folkn curse

It pisssses me off to see so many betting companies in sport

Just me passing the time in a crowded airport

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Castle Bingo - new refit on 10:12 - Sep 22 with 5139 viewsDr_Winston

She's not the sharpest tool in the box from what I've seen of her.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Castle Bingo - new refit on 11:02 - Sep 22 with 5122 viewsJackfath

Castle Bingo - new refit on 08:03 - Sep 22 by Muteswan

I think probably because these are the most obvious cause of "problem" gambling , where people lose a lot of money very quickly and try to chase the win to recover their losses. Btw I am not trying to promote or advertise gambling at all, just attempting to answer a few questions.
Problem gambling is an addiction, just like problem drinking or smoking or drugs.

Do they not have these types in Bingo halls then? Or is it different because the clients are generally more elderly and women?

Does gambling addiction pick and choose the establishments in which it grabs people?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Castle Bingo - new refit on 11:04 - Sep 22 with 5116 viewsswanjackal

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:27 - Sep 21 by Darran

I follow her on Twitter here she is last week at the opening ceremony.

Fair play though, getting Rod Stewart to come to an opening is a big thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Castle Bingo - new refit on 11:15 - Sep 22 with 5108 viewsswanjackal

Castle Bingo - new refit on 09:25 - Sep 22 by Nogginthenog

Is that the BFG on the left.

No, it's just Bobby George has handed in his candelabra and Grecian 2000.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Castle Bingo - new refit on 11:18 - Sep 22 with 5106 viewsMuteswan

Castle Bingo - new refit on 11:02 - Sep 22 by Jackfath

Do they not have these types in Bingo halls then? Or is it different because the clients are generally more elderly and women?

Does gambling addiction pick and choose the establishments in which it grabs people?

I thought you might come back with this. 😉 To answer the second paragraph, no obviously, but it is, as I said before a bigger "hit" for the gambler on the FOBT machines. The odds are fixed at a very high percentage payout therefore giving the punter more return, and a better feeling because he/ she thinks they win more, but as previously said they usually chase the big win, sometimes getting it, but more often not. Bookies are businesses and are there to make money for themselves not other people, just like any other business.
The first point- they are not allowed in bingo halls, and if you'd like to read a little more...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/fixed-odds-betting-terminals-fobts
Castle Bingo - new refit on 14:22 - Sep 22 with 5054 viewsJackfath

Castle Bingo - new refit on 11:18 - Sep 22 by Muteswan

I thought you might come back with this. 😉 To answer the second paragraph, no obviously, but it is, as I said before a bigger "hit" for the gambler on the FOBT machines. The odds are fixed at a very high percentage payout therefore giving the punter more return, and a better feeling because he/ she thinks they win more, but as previously said they usually chase the big win, sometimes getting it, but more often not. Bookies are businesses and are there to make money for themselves not other people, just like any other business.
The first point- they are not allowed in bingo halls, and if you'd like to read a little more...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/fixed-odds-betting-terminals-fobts

Is playing Bingo and using gambling machines deemed to be ok then? Surely the people that frequent these places have equal issues although granted maybe not to the same high dividend machine equivalent found in the bookies.

Still seems hypocritical to me of her to open such an establishment.

Castle Bingo - new refit on 14:27 - Sep 22 with 5039 viewswaynekerr55

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:30 - Sep 21 by builthjack

Are they real people.

They're living proof as to why inbreeding is banned

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Castle Bingo - new refit on 15:12 - Sep 22 with 5000 viewsMo_Wives

Castle Bingo - new refit on 11:04 - Sep 22 by swanjackal

Fair play though, getting Rod Stewart to come to an opening is a big thing.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Castle Bingo - new refit on 15:31 - Sep 22 with 4971 viewsMuteswan

Castle Bingo - new refit on 14:22 - Sep 22 by Jackfath

Is playing Bingo and using gambling machines deemed to be ok then? Surely the people that frequent these places have equal issues although granted maybe not to the same high dividend machine equivalent found in the bookies.

Still seems hypocritical to me of her to open such an establishment.

I was only answering a question you posed about which machines are allowed in bingo halls. You may well think she is hypocritical. Do you have the same views about people who frequent pubs " having equal issues" although not as serious as alcoholics? Do you think that drinking in pubs is deemed ok then? Again I reiterate I am not promoting gambling but trying to answer your question. Do you have similar views regarding people who play the National Lottery?
Castle Bingo - new refit on 15:47 - Sep 22 with 4944 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Castle Bingo - new refit on 15:31 - Sep 22 by Muteswan

I was only answering a question you posed about which machines are allowed in bingo halls. You may well think she is hypocritical. Do you have the same views about people who frequent pubs " having equal issues" although not as serious as alcoholics? Do you think that drinking in pubs is deemed ok then? Again I reiterate I am not promoting gambling but trying to answer your question. Do you have similar views regarding people who play the National Lottery?

Carolyn was on BBC Breakfast a few weeks ago talking about a young man who killed himself because of gambling debts he had accrued. His family say he became addicted to the smaller machines you would find in amusement arcades when he was a child. Those lesser machines were a gateway to his fixed odd betting terminal struggles, yet she is celebrating the opening of an establishment which houses many of these lesser machines.

It is hugely hypocritical of her. I do not know how you can defend her on this.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Castle Bingo - new refit on 16:51 - Sep 22 with 4904 viewsMuteswan

Castle Bingo - new refit on 15:47 - Sep 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Carolyn was on BBC Breakfast a few weeks ago talking about a young man who killed himself because of gambling debts he had accrued. His family say he became addicted to the smaller machines you would find in amusement arcades when he was a child. Those lesser machines were a gateway to his fixed odd betting terminal struggles, yet she is celebrating the opening of an establishment which houses many of these lesser machines.

It is hugely hypocritical of her. I do not know how you can defend her on this.

Can you please show me or explain why you think I am defending her. I said earlier I was all for the campaign for getting rid of FOBTs and she is leading that campaign, that doesn't mean I'm defending her with the opening of the bingo hall!
Castle Bingo - new refit on 16:56 - Sep 22 with 4897 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Castle Bingo - new refit on 16:51 - Sep 22 by Muteswan

Can you please show me or explain why you think I am defending her. I said earlier I was all for the campaign for getting rid of FOBTs and she is leading that campaign, that doesn't mean I'm defending her with the opening of the bingo hall!

I think you are defending her by saying she isn't hypocritical in this situation.

Anyway I have emailed her my thoughts and look forward to her response.

Castle Bingo - new refit on 17:17 - Sep 22 with 4879 viewsMuteswan

Castle Bingo - new refit on 16:56 - Sep 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think you are defending her by saying she isn't hypocritical in this situation.

Anyway I have emailed her my thoughts and look forward to her response.

Please read previous posts

Castle Bingo - new refit on 21:33 - Sep 21 by Jackfath

Is it hypocritical of her to open a bingo hall where the machines she campaigned to rid from bookies are present?

I think you'll find that the machines she is campaigning against are B2 machines which are FOBT machines and are not allowed in bingo halls. FOBT stands for fixed odds betting terminals and they are currently what keep bookies going at the moment, as " normal " betting eg. horses and dogs etc. is in decline due to online gambling. The stakes you can bet on a B2 machine are way above anything that is allowed in a bingo hall, so not hypocritical really unless she is against all gambling machines. At the moment a punter can bet £100 per spin every 20 seconds on these machines for a maximum jackpot of £500. I am totally behind her campaign even though I work in the gaming industry.

Jackfath stated something and I explained the difference, but if you still think I'm defending her then there is nothing more for me to say. Thank you for your input. Please let us know her reply.
Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:19 - Sep 22 with 4844 viewsJackfath

Castle Bingo - new refit on 15:31 - Sep 22 by Muteswan

I'm not the one lobbying the government about banning gambling machines in one establishment and then going on and opening another gambling establishment.

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:23 - Sep 22 with 4837 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Castle Bingo - new refit on 17:17 - Sep 22 by Muteswan

Please read previous posts

Castle Bingo - new refit on 21:33 - Sep 21 by Jackfath

Is it hypocritical of her to open a bingo hall where the machines she campaigned to rid from bookies are present?

I think you'll find that the machines she is campaigning against are B2 machines which are FOBT machines and are not allowed in bingo halls. FOBT stands for fixed odds betting terminals and they are currently what keep bookies going at the moment, as " normal " betting eg. horses and dogs etc. is in decline due to online gambling. The stakes you can bet on a B2 machine are way above anything that is allowed in a bingo hall, so not hypocritical really unless she is against all gambling machines. At the moment a punter can bet £100 per spin every 20 seconds on these machines for a maximum jackpot of £500. I am totally behind her campaign even though I work in the gaming industry.

Jackfath stated something and I explained the difference, but if you still think I'm defending her then there is nothing more for me to say. Thank you for your input. Please let us know her reply.

Carolyn replied very quickly to her credit. I am not satisfied with her answer though. It makes me think she's doing this just to get on the telly and in the paper, instead of wanting to truly make a difference.

I am not sure of the legality of publishing peoples emails, however my question to her was;

"Hello Carolyn,

I have been following your campaign regarding Fixed Odds Betting Terminals and the detrimental affect they can have on some lives.

I was dismayed to recently discover you opened the newly refurbished Castle Bingo in Morriston. This sort of establishment houses many gambling machines, which although do not provide the opportunity to risk the amounts that the FOBT's do, they can still act as a gateway into gambling, helping to develop addictions which may later lead to the use of FOBTs elsewhere (as suggested by the parents of the late Lewis Keogh).

I'm writing to ask whether you feel opening and having your name on a plaque at a building whose business revolves around gambling is wise considering the otherwise outstanding work you have done to address one of the many issues on our high streets today.

Thanks,

Dwight"

Unfortunately her reply consisted of just thirteen words, bluntly telling me there is more regulation in bingo halls than in bookies and there are no FOBTs. That was it. Very disappointing. She hasn't won my vote.

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:26 - Sep 22 with 4831 viewsJackfath

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:23 - Sep 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Carolyn replied very quickly to her credit. I am not satisfied with her answer though. It makes me think she's doing this just to get on the telly and in the paper, instead of wanting to truly make a difference.

I am not sure of the legality of publishing peoples emails, however my question to her was;

"Hello Carolyn,

I have been following your campaign regarding Fixed Odds Betting Terminals and the detrimental affect they can have on some lives.

I was dismayed to recently discover you opened the newly refurbished Castle Bingo in Morriston. This sort of establishment houses many gambling machines, which although do not provide the opportunity to risk the amounts that the FOBT's do, they can still act as a gateway into gambling, helping to develop addictions which may later lead to the use of FOBTs elsewhere (as suggested by the parents of the late Lewis Keogh).

I'm writing to ask whether you feel opening and having your name on a plaque at a building whose business revolves around gambling is wise considering the otherwise outstanding work you have done to address one of the many issues on our high streets today.

Thanks,

Dwight"

Unfortunately her reply consisted of just thirteen words, bluntly telling me there is more regulation in bingo halls than in bookies and there are no FOBTs. That was it. Very disappointing. She hasn't won my vote.

Dreaful Dwight. Good for you for raising this issue. I'm surprised a local paper hasn't taken her to task on it.

Castle Bingo - new refit on 23:27 - Sep 22 with 4789 viewsJack123

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:26 - Sep 22 by Jackfath

Dreaful Dwight. Good for you for raising this issue. I'm surprised a local paper hasn't taken her to task on it.

She is a fool, or very naive , be it fobts in bookies or the machines in bingo halls, the end result will always be the same! The punter(addict) will always walk out skint, spending a lot more money than he/she can afford..

libera nos a malo

Castle Bingo - new refit on 07:09 - Sep 23 with 4749 viewsVetchfielder

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:27 - Sep 21 by Darran

I follow her on Twitter here she is last week at the opening ceremony.

Supporters Trust Board show the £5M bounced cheque from Huw Jenkins

Proud to have been one of the 231

Castle Bingo - new refit on 07:19 - Sep 23 with 4745 viewsMo_Wives

Castle Bingo - new refit on 20:23 - Sep 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Hello Carolyn,

Thanks,

Dwight"

Drag her, Dwight, drag her.

[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 7:20]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024