Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traffic Warning 20:44 - Sep 21 with 1159 viewsPrivate_Partz

For those travelling into the City Centre from Gowerton and Three Crosses and westwards.
They are setting up 3 way temporary traffic lights in Dunvant. They are located outside Dunvant Workies on the hill, Dunvant Square and on Dunvant hill near the Hungry Horse / junction with Broadmead.
It is carnage out there now. God knows what it will be like at rush hour tomorrow morning.
It maybe something minor like road lining and they will have packed up by the morning but it is covering a large section of road. Avoid at all costs would be my advice if this lot is still in operation tomorrow.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Traffic Warning on 21:48 - Sep 21 with 1112 viewsdickythorpe

A lot of rain is forecast tomorrow , does the road in Killay still flood?
Traffic Warning on 08:19 - Sep 22 with 1004 viewsPrivate_Partz

Traffic Warning on 21:48 - Sep 21 by dickythorpe

A lot of rain is forecast tomorrow , does the road in Killay still flood?

Yeah during flash floods as virtually all drains in the area are silted up.

Traffic update. Looks like it was an overnighter. Traffic seems ro be crawling along as usual. Apologies for raising alarm but this could have been mega.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Traffic Warning on 09:17 - Sep 22 with 971 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

I was caught up in this last night. As you said, carnage. If it was in force at rush hour, you would have been an hour late for work !
Traffic Warning on 11:09 - Sep 22 with 944 viewsPrivate_Partz

Traffic Warning on 09:17 - Sep 22 by whaleoilbeefhooked

I was caught up in this last night. As you said, carnage. If it was in force at rush hour, you would have been an hour late for work !

I remember a small road crossing by Dunvant Bridge. The Utility involved had about 5 foot square of reinstatement left to do. They chose to leave it for about a week with temporary traffic lights installed. It got so bad I recall bus passengers getting off the bus in Sketty Park and walking to Dunvant and Killay.
I know I harp on about transport infrastructure in Wales but where in any large city would you have a main arterial road from the West running over such a narrow bridge as the one in Dunvant? The whole of Dunvant square is a dangerous disaster. Then we get on to Gower Raod once we have finished struggling at the roundabout in Killay. Only to meet the hoards of new commuters trying get on to the road at Olchfa. This will be a nightmare when all the houses are built there. 40 mins to an hour to do 4 miles is often the case now.
I am sure other areas of Swansea that are just as bad as well. Gowerton turning into a big car park every morning and evening for starters.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024