Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement cost us today. 16:54 - Sep 23 with 11280 viewsicecoldjack

Apart from yet again woeful defending that has become the liability Alfie mawson clement can take all the blame for that shambles .

Starting at home so negative is a disgrace against the likes of Watford and Newcastle, he needs to sort himself out sharpish .

The likes of mesa wouldn't play that pass if they actually had some fookin games to adapt ! Yet another fail of Clement. He's a smart coach but he needs to start getting things right not getting it wrong most weeks.

Worst 45 mins I've seen since erm...newcastle ! Changes it when it's too late. The line up was wro g most fans knew it and so did Watford.

Shambles.
Clement cost us today. on 17:02 - Sep 23 with 5751 viewsicecoldjack

I will also add that if he doesn't start getting selection right he will start to lose the dressing room, fickle bunch modern day footballers are .
Clement cost us today. on 17:07 - Sep 23 with 5686 viewsjackrabbit

I agree. I anticipated the 5-at-the-back starting line-up but it doesn't make it any more excusable. I think the fans shamed the players into playing some football towards the end of the first half. We were dire. Then Clement decided he had nothing to lose so he'd better try to score a goal or two. Mesa, Abraham and Sanches should have all come on earlier.

Swans' football was poor quality - caught in possession, misplaced passes, little penetration, but even so we looked like the better team for most of the second half. Our defending today was poor though. We need to be beating the likes of Watford at home and I don't care if that does come across as 'Billy Big Bollux'.
Clement cost us today. on 17:23 - Sep 23 with 5575 viewsSwanski

Tactically we seem to be struggling. Newcastle outsmarted us and today Clement was too defensive and made reactive rather than proactive substitutions.
We need to be doing better against opposition in the lower end of the table and be more positive
Clement cost us today. on 17:25 - Sep 23 with 5547 viewslonglostjack

Clucas and Carroll provide next to nothing. Awful first half from Clement.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Clement cost us today. on 17:26 - Sep 23 with 5538 viewsJackFish

We weren’t great in the second half, but we at least looked more positive and played more of the game in their half, and looked like we may actually have a shot or two on target. Then Clement went and took Bony off and went back to having two isolated players up front like we had in the woeful first half.

It’s all well and good going to Spurs and Southampton and grinding out 0-0s, but if we can’t follow it up with some wins at home it’s not going to do us much good. We got away with it last season because we had Gylfi and Llorente nicking goals from set pieces - we’re not good enough to do that this season and I’m not convinced that he’s capable of playing a more expansive game.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 17:27]
Clement cost us today. on 17:26 - Sep 23 with 5538 views34dfgdf54

Clement cost us today. on 17:25 - Sep 23 by longlostjack

So everyone's now realising that Carroll isn't that good?
Clement cost us today. on 17:32 - Sep 23 with 5487 viewsDr_Winston

Should have started the game with the team that started the second half. Compounded that by changing a system that was working when he took Bony off for Sanches, when either Carroll or Fer would have been a better option.

He's making too many mistakes at the minute and burning up a lot of goodwill. Needs to fix that sharpish.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement cost us today. on 17:34 - Sep 23 with 5463 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Five at the back against Watford at home.

He can go and f@ck himself

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Clement cost us today. on 17:35 - Sep 23 with 5438 viewsLandore_Jack

Clement cost us today. on 17:34 - Sep 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

Spot on. Can't believe he dropped Tammy and did not start Mesa.

#backtojack

Clement cost us today. on 17:38 - Sep 23 with 5414 viewsPrivate_Partz

It is a major worry for me. Clem screwed up tactically again but I am starting to think this transfer window could come back to haunt us.
Mesa, whilst looking good, is not up to speed. Wilf is looking like he is nailed to the floor. Clucas for me is Mr Anonymous. Tammy and Sanches are talented young players and need to be playing in a good side to get their confidence up. We are not a good side at the moment
We could also have a manager who is tactically limited and cannot see beyond an ultra defensive football style. That might save us if we had a side capable of playing that way but I am not sure we have.
If this window is as bad as it is staring to look then Jenkins is to blame and PC is culpable for saying he was happy with the squad.
It is not looking good at the moment and we could end up playing for draws and the odd scrappy win if Lady Luck is on our side.
Anything is possible in football but we are now in a run of home games that will leave us in serious trouble if we blow them.
I don't envy PC trying to get this team to play in his image when very few of them were available for him to work with in the close season. The fans and the dressing room could be lost before that happens.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 17:42]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Clement cost us today. on 17:40 - Sep 23 with 5389 viewslibertyjack22

Clement cost us today. on 17:34 - Sep 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

...against a side that lost 6-0 last week as well init....we should have gone for their jugular from the off instead they gave us a schooling and got confident with our negative 5 at the back and a non existent midfield in the first half...RANT OVER

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

Clement cost us today. on 17:44 - Sep 23 with 5334 viewsGeoffThom

This is correct 🙄
Clement cost us today. on 17:47 - Sep 23 with 5309 viewsTheResurrection

Clement cost us today. on 17:26 - Sep 23 by 34dfgdf54

So everyone's now realising that Carroll isn't that good?

Carroll was superb second half so that's a poor effort mate.

Only one person to look towards for the first half debacle, and it's certainly not Tom Carroll.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement cost us today. on 18:02 - Sep 23 with 5182 viewsclloy2

Correct on Caroll, Clucas however is bring woefully played out of position, he's almost a 4th centre half. For Hull last year he was a box to box attacking midfielder. PC is bringing this mess on himself. Why start with such a negative starting line up at home. A midfield with Caroll and Fer will always struggle, I can't believe I just heard OC being interviewed on the radio, and he was blaming the players for a poor first half, what the he'll are they supposed to do, the team HE put out is do defensively set up with minimal attacking options, anyone can see what the outcome will be, we go through the whole half without a shot on target PC needs to sort this negative home depressive negative shit out straight away, or the fans will turn on mass, and he will be gone
Clement cost us today. on 18:04 - Sep 23 with 5170 viewscostalotta

Clement cost us today. on 17:47 - Sep 23 by TheResurrection

Only one person to look towards for the first half debacle, and it's certainly not Tom Carroll.

He improved from the first half showing but I'm not sure he was superb.

That was not a game to set up the way we started the game and that's down to Clement and I'm sure he'd recognise that. We did improve 2nd half and that clearly is down to the introduction of Tammy and rocky. I thought we got a deserved equaliser and did look for a winner but we didnt really create as much as we perhaps could have, given we had momentum. I felt that we might get hit with a sucker punch as the longer the game went on Watford did become more comfortable again and repelled what we threw at them. Then that happened.

It's been work in progress for the first 6 games but the problem is, we are not really progressing and clement keeps on making tactical and substitution errors imo. Well at home he does anyway. Mesa need to start imo, and at home he needs to ditch the 532 and start games in the front foot making it happen rather than waiting and hoping the opposition make a mistake. If don't we will unlikely get that many wins.
Clement cost us today. on 18:05 - Sep 23 with 5151 viewslifelong

Just what was the manager thinkng setting us up like that in the first half?...Baffling.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 18:06]
Clement cost us today. on 18:14 - Sep 23 with 5095 viewsPrivate_Partz

All our midfielders struggled today as there was no outlet for them. The only option was sideways or backwards.
Once Clem changed it round things improved slightly but we were still trying to play down the middle with little movement out wide. I am not sure we have the talent for this.
The other issue for me is even if we were getting down the flanks and getting crosses into the box I doubt Tammy and Wilf are good enough in the air for this against seasoned top flight defenders. Most of Wilf's ariel battles were with his back to goal. I noticed he lost the first 10 before I stopped counting.
For me midfielders have to have more movement to receive passes and prepared to make runs so the through ball can be played and the trap sprung. I am not sure we have the coaching or the talent for this at the moment. Is there time for Clem to sort this out ? I am by no means sure.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Clement cost us today. on 18:34 - Sep 23 with 4990 views34dfgdf54

Don't rate the guy at all, never have. Has the odd decent spell but not enough to warrant a banker start in the midfield of a premier league side.

Clement takes the blame, no doubt about it, buck stops at him.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 18:36]
Clement cost us today. on 18:39 - Sep 23 with 4946 viewsGeoffThom

Superb is bit high praise ,more like better ,but there again wouldn't be hard to be better after the first half he had ,still way to shy with the ball though needs to be far more acertive with it
Clement cost us today. on 18:51 - Sep 23 with 4871 viewsswansea68

Clement cost us today. on 17:26 - Sep 23 by JackFish

We weren’t great in the second half, but we at least looked more positive and played more of the game in their half, and looked like we may actually have a shot or two on target. Then Clement went and took Bony off and went back to having two isolated players up front like we had in the woeful first half.

It’s all well and good going to Spurs and Southampton and grinding out 0-0s, but if we can’t follow it up with some wins at home it’s not going to do us much good. We got away with it last season because we had Gylfi and Llorente nicking goals from set pieces - we’re not good enough to do that this season and I’m not convinced that he’s capable of playing a more expansive game.

Bony signalled to come off
Clement cost us today. on 18:53 - Sep 23 with 4849 viewsEilian

Tom Caroll is the best winger at the club...... FACT
Clement cost us today. on 18:55 - Sep 23 with 4835 viewslifelong

Clement cost us today. on 18:51 - Sep 23 by swansea68

Bony signalled to come off

He was knackered.
Clement cost us today. on 19:06 - Sep 23 with 4774 viewsmax936

It was worse than any team Sousa put out, absolutely no pace and no link from defence to attack, just why Mesa didn't start is baffling, on todays performance I can't believe we paid 14 million plus for Clucas either.

Every team in the Prem has lots of pace in their teams we sadly don't.

Comfortably mid table is looking way off at the minute, lots of work needed to achieve that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Clement cost us today. on 19:12 - Sep 23 with 4716 viewsEilian

For me, the most frustrating thing was the substitution late in the second half.

Yes we set up completely negatively but it was the lack of tempo and aggression in the final third that allowed Watford to simply mop up anything that looked remotely like a loose ball, even when it wasn't a loose ball and actually a swans player in possession standing there with the ball at his feet scratching his head wondering what the bloody hell he was supposed to do with it when all our attackers were standing on the edge of the D waiting for a miracle ball.

The fact that this was occurring was surely down to the fact that either the players were not responding to the pre-match instructions or that the system that we were employing was completely ineffective.
Either way, the blame for this can surely only lie at the feet of one man.

Anyway, the point that I wanted to make is that after we came out in the second half we were very much improved. We were fighting for the ball and winning the ball in center and attacking midfield. This quickly gave us far more possession and combined with the players now passing the ball forwards and attacking quicker with more aggression, we created chances and scored a goal! BRILLIANT! Well done PC

Unfortunately, this didn't last. IMO it was mostly down to Leroy Fer quickly tiring from actually putting in a shift.
Watford started coming back into the game as Leroy started to stroll around again. There were plenty of loose passes all afternoon but they faded as our tempo rose along with the work rate.

It was glaringly obvious that he was a spent force. He was completely knackered. It's no coincidence that we started to fade from this point.
The most telling aspect of Clements tactical inability for me came when he took bony off the pitch and replaced him with Sanches.

I bet the Watford defenders couldn't believe their luck at this point!

If Sanches had come on to replace Fer then I have no doubt that we would have regained our momentum and possibly got the winner. As it was he took off a striker when we are drawing at home and gaining momentum.

Absolutely Piss poor decision making there.

We obviously cant ack him. But id really really like to!
Clement cost us today. on 19:14 - Sep 23 with 4696 viewsJackfath

Clement cost us today. on 19:12 - Sep 23 by Eilian

For me, the most frustrating thing was the substitution late in the second half.

Yes we set up completely negatively but it was the lack of tempo and aggression in the final third that allowed Watford to simply mop up anything that looked remotely like a loose ball, even when it wasn't a loose ball and actually a swans player in possession standing there with the ball at his feet scratching his head wondering what the bloody hell he was supposed to do with it when all our attackers were standing on the edge of the D waiting for a miracle ball.

The fact that this was occurring was surely down to the fact that either the players were not responding to the pre-match instructions or that the system that we were employing was completely ineffective.
Either way, the blame for this can surely only lie at the feet of one man.

Anyway, the point that I wanted to make is that after we came out in the second half we were very much improved. We were fighting for the ball and winning the ball in center and attacking midfield. This quickly gave us far more possession and combined with the players now passing the ball forwards and attacking quicker with more aggression, we created chances and scored a goal! BRILLIANT! Well done PC

Unfortunately, this didn't last. IMO it was mostly down to Leroy Fer quickly tiring from actually putting in a shift.
Watford started coming back into the game as Leroy started to stroll around again. There were plenty of loose passes all afternoon but they faded as our tempo rose along with the work rate.

It was glaringly obvious that he was a spent force. He was completely knackered. It's no coincidence that we started to fade from this point.
The most telling aspect of Clements tactical inability for me came when he took bony off the pitch and replaced him with Sanches.

I bet the Watford defenders couldn't believe their luck at this point!

If Sanches had come on to replace Fer then I have no doubt that we would have regained our momentum and possibly got the winner. As it was he took off a striker when we are drawing at home and gaining momentum.

Absolutely Piss poor decision making there.

We obviously cant ack him. But id really really like to!

Bony signalled that he wanted to come off. He was knackered.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024