Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson... 17:26 - Sep 23 with 10512 views34dfgdf54

I said this two weeks back, the lad believes in his own hype. To me, he's walking around with an arrogance that he's too good to be here. In possession wasteful, weak aerially and weak in the challenge.

The lad has obviously got all the talent to be a top defender, but he needs to get back into reality and realise he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is at the moment.
Mawson... on 17:26 - Sep 23 with 3437 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He really does not have all the talent to be a top defender.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Mawson... on 17:29 - Sep 23 with 3420 viewslonglostjack

Mawson... on 17:26 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He really does not have all the talent to be a top defender.

The Dwight re-emerges like a rash after a defeat - tw*t.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Mawson... on 17:32 - Sep 23 with 3373 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Mawson... on 17:29 - Sep 23 by longlostjack

The Dwight re-emerges like a rash after a defeat - tw*t.

I'm here after each game. You probably notice my presence more after a loss as deep down you probably agree with most of what I say and it infuriates you.

Mawson... on 17:34 - Sep 23 with 3353 viewsGeoffThom

He's overated at the moment and believes all the hype ,needs to settle down and just do the basics
Mawson... on 18:03 - Sep 23 with 3261 viewslonglostjack

Mawson... on 17:32 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm here after each game. You probably notice my presence more after a loss as deep down you probably agree with most of what I say and it infuriates you.

Don't flatter yourself ;-) Mawson no talent FFS - like a good wine centre-backs get better with age.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Mawson... on 18:08 - Sep 23 with 3227 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Mawson... on 18:03 - Sep 23 by longlostjack

Don't flatter yourself ;-) Mawson no talent FFS - like a good wine centre-backs get better with age.

I did not say he had no talent. I disagreed that he has all the talent to be a top defender. There are numerous centre backs in this league around his age, some younger, who are far more talented than Alfie, many of those wont become top defenders either.

Mawson is currently not talented enough to play well week in week out in this league, as evidenced by his numerous mistakes each game we see him play.

Mawson... on 18:09 - Sep 23 with 3225 viewsElward

Mawson... on 18:03 - Sep 23 by longlostjack

At the moment he's aging like milk
Mawson... on 18:14 - Sep 23 with 3203 viewsMo_Wives

Mawson... on 18:09 - Sep 23 by Elward

At the moment he's aging like milk

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson... on 18:44 - Sep 23 with 3108 viewsoldcob

Mawson was poor today, why he, and others, insist on having a second touch instead of playing it first time I don't know. Remember when we played one touch football? Let's get back to it. Though Alfie was poor today, it's not typical of his form this season, and I'm glad he's our player. He'll be a future great. Oh, yes, I'd sooner a player be over confident than completely lacking confidence like Tom Carroll.
Mawson... on 18:59 - Sep 23 with 3042 viewsunion_jack

Mawson... on 18:44 - Sep 23 by oldcob

Mawson was poor today, why he, and others, insist on having a second touch instead of playing it first time I don't know. Remember when we played one touch football? Let's get back to it. Though Alfie was poor today, it's not typical of his form this season, and I'm glad he's our player. He'll be a future great. Oh, yes, I'd sooner a player be over confident than completely lacking confidence like Tom Carroll.

Oh yes, the one-touch football we used to play. Today, I think at least 90% of our passes were touched twice or more allowing Watford to reposition themselves. It usually ended up with us passing backwards and starting again. Smacks of lack of confidence to me.

That said, some of the off-the-ball running was non-existent so at times little the ball carrier could do.

All our forward balls were made with players' backs to goal. Unless you've the skill of Johan Cruyff you've little chance of making anything out of it. Furthermore, these balls were mostly in the air making it even more difficult to control.

We don't spot through passes to players due to lack of creativity, spending too much time on the ball and players not making runs. This is training ground stuff.

When I watch other teams play in this league they all tend to make space for themselves. We are always tight. There is a Swansea Way but it's not a good thing at the moment.

Bit of a disjointed ramble I know but spleen partially vented.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Mawson... on 19:44 - Sep 23 with 2937 viewsElward

Why does Mawson have a chant, yet Fernandez, our captain, and the far superior defender doesn't?
Mawson... on 19:46 - Sep 23 with 2918 viewsjasper_T

Mawson... on 18:44 - Sep 23 by oldcob

Our players aren't good enough to play one touch. Not enough technical ability, intelligence to move into space, or general awareness of what's happening around them.
Mawson... on 19:53 - Sep 23 with 2878 viewsoldcob

Mawson... on 19:46 - Sep 23 by jasper_T

Our players aren't good enough to play one touch. Not enough technical ability, intelligence to move into space, or general awareness of what's happening around them.

That unfortunately is the hard truth.
Mawson... on 20:04 - Sep 23 with 2831 viewsgiantstoneater

I think Mawson needs a spell on the bench he is however a player with great potential. Perhaps we need to look at some free agents just as additional cover to take us to the next window.
Mawson... on 20:51 - Sep 23 with 2724 viewsbuilthjack

The OP is right about hype etc. I have taken my grandson and his mate to some away games, and they always want autographs after. All the players have signed some for the kids except Mawson. He just walks straight past them and on to the bus. Big time Charlie.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mawson... on 21:25 - Sep 23 with 2661 views34dfgdf54

Mawson... on 19:46 - Sep 23 by jasper_T

Is correct.

Back in the day we had Chico, Ash, Rangel in his prime, Britton, De Guzman, Michu plus more who all had the confidence / ability to play a certain way, which was on the deck, quickly and with intent. We no longer have that, the sooner people realise this yet the better, blame Huw.
Mawson... on 22:14 - Sep 23 with 2576 viewsploppy

Mawson... on 21:25 - Sep 23 by 34dfgdf54

Is correct.

Back in the day we had Chico, Ash, Rangel in his prime, Britton, De Guzman, Michu plus more who all had the confidence / ability to play a certain way, which was on the deck, quickly and with intent. We no longer have that, the sooner people realise this yet the better, blame Huw.

Indeed. We're a shadow of that side. Not only did we have players with a good first touch but we also had players showing for the ball and other players making runs beyond. It's all gone.
Mawson... on 22:16 - Sep 23 with 2574 viewsmonmouth

Mawson... on 20:51 - Sep 23 by builthjack

The OP is right about hype etc. I have taken my grandson and his mate to some away games, and they always want autographs after. All the players have signed some for the kids except Mawson. He just walks straight past them and on to the bus. Big time Charlie.

I don't like the sound of that a bit. Coming from you, I know it's true too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mawson... on 22:29 - Sep 23 with 2543 views34dfgdf54

Mawson... on 20:51 - Sep 23 by builthjack

Funnily enough I noticed that on one of the videos our twitter posts before and after games. Kids have their hands out and he just walks past with his headphones on.

He's flown through the leagues but he should remember he could easily fall back through just as quick. No need for it.
Mawson... on 01:50 - Sep 24 with 2409 viewsLeonWasGod

Mawson... on 21:25 - Sep 23 by 34dfgdf54

Is correct.

It's been surprisingly hard to replace some of our stalwarts. Leon, Ash, Rangel, all better than players bought to replace them. Even the likes of Dyer never really improved upon (ok we don't use wingers now, but Barrow or Lamah? Really?). Sinclair - nope. Tayls - took farkin years and Olsson isn't playing that much better. Ben, JdG, Michu, no chance. And the teamwork is certainly no better.

But we had something special and we're just normal now. Hopefully PC can find a way through his excess of CM options to a system that works for us.
Mawson... on 13:11 - Sep 24 with 2257 viewsFlyingSwan77

He didn't close down leading up to the 1st goal. He fluffed a pass back that should have led to them being 2 up before the break. Then he pathetically 'wimps out' of a required 'put your foot through the ball' for the eventual winner. It was fvckin pathetic!! Hopefully, if he is brave enough to watch it again, as I did several times over, he'll humbly hang his head & learn from it...
Mawson... on 13:20 - Sep 24 with 2234 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson... on 13:11 - Sep 24 by FlyingSwan77

He didn't close down leading up to the 1st goal. He fluffed a pass back that should have led to them being 2 up before the break. Then he pathetically 'wimps out' of a required 'put your foot through the ball' for the eventual winner. It was fvckin pathetic!! Hopefully, if he is brave enough to watch it again, as I did several times over, he'll humbly hang his head & learn from it...

I don't think he is learning from it myself. Time and place for the fancy stuff, all decent pro's know that what we saw from him yesterday was arrogance, his ego is writing cheques his ability can't cash .

It's also yet again a case of us not recruiting well, there is no real pressure for his place, if he knew any fook ups and he'll be benched he wouldn't half as sloppy, i'd honestly be looking at a deal for Chico as cover, the premier league is easier now than it was a few years ago, won't take him long to surpass what we have at the back.
Mawson... on 13:31 - Sep 24 with 2209 viewsFlyingSwan77

I see what you are saying, but the fans' won't cut him anymore slack now. He's made is bed I'm afraid. Trouble is, with the 3 at the back, he's not likely to get dropped. Which is what he fvckin needs!! If he doesn't wise up by the time Bartley's back, he'll be out then..

We haven't strengthened the defence of course, blame Clement, Jenkins & the board. But Mawson is on a 'sticky wicket' with the fans I feel now & he'll really notice that at home, if he doesn't buck his ideas up..
Mawson... on 14:53 - Sep 24 with 2105 views34dfgdf54

Mawson... on 13:31 - Sep 24 by FlyingSwan77

I see what you are saying, but the fans' won't cut him anymore slack now. He's made is bed I'm afraid. Trouble is, with the 3 at the back, he's not likely to get dropped. Which is what he fvckin needs!! If he doesn't wise up by the time Bartley's back, he'll be out then..

We haven't strengthened the defence of course, blame Clement, Jenkins & the board. But Mawson is on a 'sticky wicket' with the fans I feel now & he'll really notice that at home, if he doesn't buck his ideas up..

I can't speak for swans fans in general obviously, but I'd like to think in general we would accept mistakes, as we did last year against Watford, he's young and learning. But when he's walking about giving it the big I am, which I genuinely believe he is at the moment, then you're right. He's on a sticky wicket.
Mawson... on 15:14 - Sep 24 with 2085 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson... on 14:53 - Sep 24 by 34dfgdf54

I can't speak for swans fans in general obviously, but I'd like to think in general we would accept mistakes, as we did last year against Watford, he's young and learning. But when he's walking about giving it the big I am, which I genuinely believe he is at the moment, then you're right. He's on a sticky wicket.

Genuine mistakes yes, sloppy arrogant play that costs us points no.

There was no need to try and be clever in the 89 min at home 1-1 to Watford, from local league to premier league you play percentages when needed and that was a moment to do just that, don;t fook about clear danger and reset, he was last man ffs !!

I'll say it once more, it's arrogance to think that way nothing more, thinks he's better than he is. He was lucky not to fook up earlier in the game, in fact he's basically dropping a huge clanger every time he plays.

Not the same player since playing at the Euro's in the Summer, make of that what you like.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024