Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? 17:29 - Sep 23 with 13017 viewsmarchamjack

Anyone at all?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:39 - Oct 15 with 1653 viewsTheResurrection

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:14 - Oct 14 by Neath_Jack

Two consecutive bad corners is all i can remember, where his others that bad then?

Damn, wish I'd read your post first 😉

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:40 - Oct 15 with 1643 viewsTheResurrection

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:22 - Oct 14 by Darran

If the question was “Who hits the best dead ball Carroll or Sigurdsson?” and someone answers Carroll they’re either taking the piss or blind because that’s clearly not true.

Now at this moment in time I don’t care one bit because today was about one thing and one thing only and we achieved that.

Corners - Carroll

Set Plays - Siggy easily

Big deal

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:41 - Oct 15 with 1643 viewsRancid

Dont think we're missing him at all now.Instead of relying on him to bang one in from a free kick we now have to make and create goals in a different manner.45m too 😂
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:42 - Oct 15 with 1643 viewsHighjack

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:37 - Oct 15 by TheResurrection

Here we go, trying to educate pork again....

Tom Carroll was our highest passing midfielder with 39 passes, 9 crosses, 2 key passes and 1 through ball.

He made the second highest amount of tackles (behind Naughts), the second highest amount of interceptions (behind Fede) and all this with only Naughts having more touches in the game (64 in total) - a third more than Fer and Ayew and double more than Leon.

That's what I've got, what have you got?

So....... once more, who actually did run the show???

I thought that Mooy guy ran the show in the second half.

Good player.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:45 - Oct 15 with 1619 viewsTheResurrection

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:42 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Good player.

You thought Huddersfield or one of their players ran the show!??

Riiigght, everyone I've spoke to has commented on how bad they were.

They made a whole lot more passes than us in looking that bad, as well....

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:47 - Oct 15 with 1609 viewsHighjack

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:45 - Oct 15 by TheResurrection

You thought Huddersfield or one of their players ran the show!??

Riiigght, everyone I've spoke to has commented on how bad they were.

They made a whole lot more passes than us in looking that bad, as well....

They dominated possession in the second half, largely because we were 2:0 up and didn't need to force the issue. But that Bob Bradley lookalike was very calm on the ball, pinging it everywhere. The rest of their team was fairly shyte

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:53 - Oct 15 with 1594 viewsploppy

It's a bit of a pointless argument but I'll add my 2p. We benefited hugely from Siggy's dead balls last year - of that there's no doubt. Whether that was because we won loads of corners, or free kicks in his range, and had Llorente/Mawson to take advantage - well, someone else can decide. (BTW, someone on the Everton forum said that the season before last, Siggy had zero assists from dead balls. I don't know if that's true. If it is, maybe last season was a one-off)

I watched Everton again today, and quite frankly Siggy was pathetic (mind you, he wasn't the only one). And this time he was playing in his "natural" position. His first free kick didn't beat the front man - barely made it head high (c.f. Carroll yesterday). He took a free kick in the second half and tried to bend it around the wall - missed right by about 5 yards. Baines was there also and would have been a better option. He took all the corners and all the free kicks. His percentage success (as in the ball reaching its intended target) was really low. I'm not even going to comment on his contribution in open play. If Siggy had stayed with us, and was playing like he's playing for Everton (and why would it be different?), we'd be all over him - especially as we are now less reliant on his dead balls - which has to be a good thing. There's some very interesting comments on the Everton forum, BTW. The problem Koeman has is that he's painted himself into a corner re Siggy. He's spent a fortune on a player whose only contribution currently is (poor) dead balls. He's undroppable because of his transfer fee. He won't even substitute him - if ever a substitution needed making today it was Davies on, Siggy off, maybe at half time. It would be worth people having a read of the Everton forum - it's very enlightening.
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 21:12 - Oct 15 with 1562 viewsTheResurrection

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:53 - Oct 15 by ploppy

It's a bit of a pointless argument but I'll add my 2p. We benefited hugely from Siggy's dead balls last year - of that there's no doubt. Whether that was because we won loads of corners, or free kicks in his range, and had Llorente/Mawson to take advantage - well, someone else can decide. (BTW, someone on the Everton forum said that the season before last, Siggy had zero assists from dead balls. I don't know if that's true. If it is, maybe last season was a one-off)

I watched Everton again today, and quite frankly Siggy was pathetic (mind you, he wasn't the only one). And this time he was playing in his "natural" position. His first free kick didn't beat the front man - barely made it head high (c.f. Carroll yesterday). He took a free kick in the second half and tried to bend it around the wall - missed right by about 5 yards. Baines was there also and would have been a better option. He took all the corners and all the free kicks. His percentage success (as in the ball reaching its intended target) was really low. I'm not even going to comment on his contribution in open play. If Siggy had stayed with us, and was playing like he's playing for Everton (and why would it be different?), we'd be all over him - especially as we are now less reliant on his dead balls - which has to be a good thing. There's some very interesting comments on the Everton forum, BTW. The problem Koeman has is that he's painted himself into a corner re Siggy. He's spent a fortune on a player whose only contribution currently is (poor) dead balls. He's undroppable because of his transfer fee. He won't even substitute him - if ever a substitution needed making today it was Davies on, Siggy off, maybe at half time. It would be worth people having a read of the Everton forum - it's very enlightening.

Exactly, it's the same stuff I'm reading there that Ive said for a long time about Siggy and so have you, in fairness.

It's been a great read that Siggy thread on Grand Old Team.

Word for word.

Login to get fewer ads

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 21:39 - Oct 15 with 1541 viewsRancid

Now he's gone I can tell another 'tale' about Gylffi and be more specific.A mates Mrs recieved a Friends request off Mr.Sigurdsson on Facebook.Shes a very attractive girl for the record.Anyway, she said to my mate (her hubby) whos a Swans nut who is this Sigurdsson fella that's just friended me.My mate was over the moon and told her hes the best thing since sliced bread in Swansea and a real hero.

10 minutes later she got a message off him with his number and did they want to meet up.She showed my mate who suddenly went right off him and rang the number calling him all the kunts under the sun.Gylffi hung up and deleted her from his friends list within minutes.

Risca, this is also true.Maybe if youd live or frequent Swansea more often you might have heard my 'rumours' for yourself.
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 21:48 - Oct 15 with 1525 viewsskettyparkherbert

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 20:42 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Good player.

Yes, good player indeed, but he actually set up our 2nd goal when he tackled Narsingh and the ball fell at the feet of Ayew who chipped the advancing keeper and TA tapped it in.

He did look good but didn't hurt us at all.
We just stood off him but kept a good defensive shape as we were 2 up and they needed a miracle.
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 22:53 - Oct 15 with 1491 viewsHighjack

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 21:48 - Oct 15 by skettyparkherbert

Yes, good player indeed, but he actually set up our 2nd goal when he tackled Narsingh and the ball fell at the feet of Ayew who chipped the advancing keeper and TA tapped it in.

He did look good but didn't hurt us at all.
We just stood off him but kept a good defensive shape as we were 2 up and they needed a miracle.

Absolutely, it was a wonderful through ball assist that showed vision that our side has been lacking for a while.

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:01 - Oct 15 with 1483 views34dfgdf54

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 21:39 - Oct 15 by Rancid

Now he's gone I can tell another 'tale' about Gylffi and be more specific.A mates Mrs recieved a Friends request off Mr.Sigurdsson on Facebook.Shes a very attractive girl for the record.Anyway, she said to my mate (her hubby) whos a Swans nut who is this Sigurdsson fella that's just friended me.My mate was over the moon and told her hes the best thing since sliced bread in Swansea and a real hero.

10 minutes later she got a message off him with his number and did they want to meet up.She showed my mate who suddenly went right off him and rang the number calling him all the kunts under the sun.Gylffi hung up and deleted her from his friends list within minutes.

Risca, this is also true.Maybe if youd live or frequent Swansea more often you might have heard my 'rumours' for yourself.

F*ck me you are one sad c*nt
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:12 - Oct 15 with 1460 viewsRancid

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:01 - Oct 15 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck me you are one sad c*nt

😂😂😂

I've had you on toast for a few days now and really enjoying it.

Believe it or not people will still find what I write a little thought provoking whether they think its bollox or not or dismiss it because I posted it and i usually talk rubbish.You dived head first in to an empty swimming pool and thought everyone would be disgusted with me for having the audacity to write negatively about our new signing.

Just like when a fight breaks out during a rugby match.We're told its disgraceful behaviour by the commentators but in truth we love seeing it.
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:17 - Oct 15 with 1449 views34dfgdf54

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:12 - Oct 15 by Rancid

😂😂😂

I've had you on toast for a few days now and really enjoying it.

Believe it or not people will still find what I write a little thought provoking whether they think its bollox or not or dismiss it because I posted it and i usually talk rubbish.You dived head first in to an empty swimming pool and thought everyone would be disgusted with me for having the audacity to write negatively about our new signing.

Just like when a fight breaks out during a rugby match.We're told its disgraceful behaviour by the commentators but in truth we love seeing it.

I just find it weird when people obsess over what players do in there spare time. I’ve known a few girls Ash was texting way back, who gives a f*ck?

On this particular story, I’d again file it under bullsh*t. Mainly because there’s no way you’d know any attractive birds, even through a pal. Strange, strange lad.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 23:19]
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:17 - Oct 15 with 1449 viewsploppy

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 22:53 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Absolutely, it was a wonderful through ball assist that showed vision that our side has been lacking for a while.

Not true. Clucas did something similar for Watford.
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:21 - Oct 15 with 1437 viewsDarran

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 21:39 - Oct 15 by Rancid

I steaming here and I nearly choked laughing reading that

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:34 - Oct 15 with 1415 viewsRancid

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:17 - Oct 15 by 34dfgdf54

I just find it weird when people obsess over what players do in there spare time. I’ve known a few girls Ash was texting way back, who gives a f*ck?

On this particular story, I’d again file it under bullsh*t. Mainly because there’s no way you’d know any attractive birds, even through a pal. Strange, strange lad.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 23:19]

I can remember posting that Leon was hating life at Sheffield Utd and was busting a gut to come back to Swansea (about 50 miles west of Risca).I got rinsed on here by empty heads like yourself but it did happen a week later, incredibly.Im sorry for being in Swansea daily and bumping into honest and well informed other fans but its just the way my life has unfoulded.
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:37 - Oct 15 with 1413 viewsHighjack

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:34 - Oct 15 by Rancid

I can remember posting that Leon was hating life at Sheffield Utd and was busting a gut to come back to Swansea (about 50 miles west of Risca).I got rinsed on here by empty heads like yourself but it did happen a week later, incredibly.Im sorry for being in Swansea daily and bumping into honest and well informed other fans but its just the way my life has unfoulded.

Well tell us what happened then.

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:40 - Oct 15 with 1408 viewsRancid

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:37 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Well tell us what happened then.

You'd have to PM me
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 08:04 - Oct 16 with 1352 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 18:52 - Oct 2 by SPboy

No. What it says is that with Sigurdsson in our side there was always a chance of him creating something, scoring or even getting a shot on target.

Without him we have scored the grand sum of 3 goals with 11 shots in 7 (yes seven!) games. Now that is truly embarrassing.

Pining for Sigurdsson, no, pining for someone who could give us what he gave us, yes absolutely.

All well and good but surely the question has to be : why aren't we able to create chances by the normal means? We used to be pretty good at that . If you're going to football matches expecting to win games only by winning and converting free kicks then you should possibly raise your expectations. We've lost our way as a footballing side over the last three years and with Clement at the helm we seem no closer to getting that good free flowing style back.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 08:51 - Oct 16 with 1332 views34dfgdf54

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 23:34 - Oct 15 by Rancid

Not rinsed, just choosing not to believe what you say. You've really taken it personally haven't you?
Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 11:00 - Oct 17 with 1255 viewsLoyal

I think we are missing Chadli.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 12:00 - Oct 17 with 1221 viewsSTID2017

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 11:00 - Oct 17 by Loyal

I think we are missing Chadli.

How can we miss someone who has never played for us ?
On the other hand - we are also missing Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, and a hundred other players who are a million times better than any in our squad.
What a totally stupid post Loyal - let yourself down there mate
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 12:03]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 13:01 - Oct 17 with 1181 viewsLoyal

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 12:00 - Oct 17 by STID2017

How can we miss someone who has never played for us ?
On the other hand - we are also missing Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, and a hundred other players who are a million times better than any in our squad.
What a totally stupid post Loyal - let yourself down there mate
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 12:03]

This Verisimilitude is something that clearly points to the fact you live in Brobdingnagian and have huge issues beyond the present. Pandiculation Is an area you need to strive for, Antediluvian opinions often surround rash responses on planet swans. Your Lateritious foresight is maybe based on your upbringing or your desire for obvious choices. A Septuagenarian upbringing maybe explains it better. Let me disambiguate things for you, Chadli has a connection to Swansea City the players you reference do not. To miss, can mean we as supporters have missed, please don't worry and Absquatulate yourself from this thread, your response is pure Effluvium, almost Port Talbot esque.
You need to see beneath and below to become a part of the now. It's pretty obvious.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 22:52 - Oct 17 with 1124 viewsSTID2017

Dead balls...anyone think we're not missing Siggy? on 13:01 - Oct 17 by Loyal

This Verisimilitude is something that clearly points to the fact you live in Brobdingnagian and have huge issues beyond the present. Pandiculation Is an area you need to strive for, Antediluvian opinions often surround rash responses on planet swans. Your Lateritious foresight is maybe based on your upbringing or your desire for obvious choices. A Septuagenarian upbringing maybe explains it better. Let me disambiguate things for you, Chadli has a connection to Swansea City the players you reference do not. To miss, can mean we as supporters have missed, please don't worry and Absquatulate yourself from this thread, your response is pure Effluvium, almost Port Talbot esque.
You need to see beneath and below to become a part of the now. It's pretty obvious.

Whilst it is clear you have been busy delving into your Thesaurus to come up with a choice of words worthy of the late Leonard Sachs from "The Good Old Days", you have no undestanding of where I have lived or lived now.
My only association to Port Talbot is on the occassions I pass it going to or from other locations.
I am Swansea born and bred and still live within ten minutes drive of the Liberty Stadium.
To suggest that we miss a player who is untried with the rest of our squad is a poor statement from one such as yourself who for many years (in forum terms at least) has posted much more sensible comments.
I have perhaps struck a raw nerve and that was why you felt you had to reply with such gobbleygook.
8 out of 10 for effort though ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024