Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need a leader in the middle if the park. 18:53 - Sep 23 with 2026 viewsSwanski

We have more options in the midfield than I can ever remember but we need a cool head and leader in the middle. Unfortunately time is catching up with Leon who used to dictate the game and know when to push forward or batten down the hatches.
All our midfield players something different to offer and do have a role in the team but I'm not sure if there is a standout leader in there.
I also think Clement needs to decide his starting line-up. The players lost their confidence under Bob when he couldn't decide where to play everyone.
Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 19:54 - Sep 23 with 1974 viewsTNT

Totally agree, nobody to boss the midfield.

Yawn.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 19:57 - Sep 23 with 1952 viewsmax936

Mesa, always looking for the ball and pointing to players to move into positions to receive the ball and nearly always looking to move the ball forward, he's got to start for me, he's not exactly Leon but he's as close to him as we've got.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 20:11]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 20:09 - Sep 23 with 1929 viewsPrivate_Partz

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 19:57 - Sep 23 by max936

Mesa, always looking for the ball and pointing to players to move into positions to receive the ball and nearly always looking to move the ball forward, he's got to start for me, he's not exactly Leon but he's as close to him as we've got.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 20:11]

He is ok and I think he can do the job.
The problem is the same for him and the players around him. That is settling in real time due to Huw's late transfer window.
I worry about our tactics though. No wingers and five at the back means you need hard confident runners and enough talent in midfield to rotate and keep possession ready to do the killer pass and release one of them that is the runner.
I don't think we have the talent for that. Hope I am wrong or we will be seeing a lot of midfielders standing there with the ball at their feet not knowing what to do with it other than pass sideways or backwards to Fabs.
A long hard season of defensive football awaits if that is the case. I am not sure the crowd will put with that. The warning signs were there today.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 20:11 - Sep 23 with 1920 viewsTNT

We should've ironed this out pre-season.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 20:17 - Sep 23 with 1893 viewsmax936

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 20:09 - Sep 23 by Private_Partz

He is ok and I think he can do the job.
The problem is the same for him and the players around him. That is settling in real time due to Huw's late transfer window.
I worry about our tactics though. No wingers and five at the back means you need hard confident runners and enough talent in midfield to rotate and keep possession ready to do the killer pass and release one of them that is the runner.
I don't think we have the talent for that. Hope I am wrong or we will be seeing a lot of midfielders standing there with the ball at their feet not knowing what to do with it other than pass sideways or backwards to Fabs.
A long hard season of defensive football awaits if that is the case. I am not sure the crowd will put with that. The warning signs were there today.....

I thought we saw more of Carrol when he came on myself, but yeah I agree for the most part, we were static in that first half no link at all between defence and attack that improved at the start of the 2nd half, Fer needs changing though the more and more I see him the more I think he does, try Clucas there, cause he's not doing the job where he is presently and unfortunately for him and us he's not looking like anything worth the money we paid for him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 20:45 - Sep 23 with 1841 viewsdobjack2

Need a leader in the middle if the park. on 20:17 - Sep 23 by max936

I thought we saw more of Carrol when he came on myself, but yeah I agree for the most part, we were static in that first half no link at all between defence and attack that improved at the start of the 2nd half, Fer needs changing though the more and more I see him the more I think he does, try Clucas there, cause he's not doing the job where he is presently and unfortunately for him and us he's not looking like anything worth the money we paid for him.

Fer should be no more than an impact sub. He can put a shift in for 20 mins or so.

Clucas is a strange signing for the way Clement is using him, a very expensive utility man with no position of his own.

If we play a diamond mesa should be at the base and Clucas the point with Tammy and Bony ahead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024