Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did 19:01 - Sep 23 with 4706 viewsJackfath

Is he any better? If he was bought as a utilty player then why isn't Mesa who is a defensive midfielder being picked from the start? Something isn't quite right.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:09 - Sep 23 with 4670 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

But he kept Erikssen in his pocket last week according to some (despite Erikssen creating numerous chances throughout the game).

Heads are firmly back in the sand.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:09 - Sep 23 with 4668 viewsJoshTheJack

From what i've seen i'd prefer Cork. Clucas is extremely negative and slow in thought even more so than Cork.On Mesa i think him not being able to speak english is not doing him favours and i don't think Clement wants him tbh. Which is why we probably signed Clucas there's no way we signed him as cover for LB/LW.
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:16 - Sep 23 with 4619 viewsGowerjack

Ginger gash...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:19 - Sep 23 with 4597 viewsmonmouth

I'm not sure what he's meant to be doing and I'm not sure he is either. he's not meant to be gifting Watford a goal I assume.

I don't know him at all, so I'm not even sure what he does or did to be a £15m player. Jury's still out, but I'd like to know what he is meant to bring to the party. Mesa was much better, changed the whole team dynamic, even with a similar catastrophic mistake.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:30 - Sep 23 with 4558 viewsMo_Wives

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:19 - Sep 23 by monmouth

I'm not sure what he's meant to be doing and I'm not sure he is either. he's not meant to be gifting Watford a goal I assume.

I don't know him at all, so I'm not even sure what he does or did to be a £15m player. Jury's still out, but I'd like to know what he is meant to bring to the party. Mesa was much better, changed the whole team dynamic, even with a similar catastrophic mistake.

Of course he's f*cking better than Cork.
Cork = £10m
Clucas = £16m

So he is £6m's better than Cork. FFS, it's not rocket science.

Edit - Not meant to respond to you, Monny. Pressed wrong button in my rage.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 19:31]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:32 - Sep 23 with 4540 viewsJoshTheJack

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:30 - Sep 23 by Mo_Wives

Of course he's f*cking better than Cork.
Cork = £10m
Clucas = £16m

So he is £6m's better than Cork. FFS, it's not rocket science.

Edit - Not meant to respond to you, Monny. Pressed wrong button in my rage.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 19:31]

Aye Borja was three times the player Llorente was.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 19:33]
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:33 - Sep 23 with 4533 viewsMo_Wives

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:32 - Sep 23 by JoshTheJack

Aye Borja was three times the player Llorente was.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 19:33]

Exactly mate...it's not hard is it

Edit - Just checking...did you think I was being serious?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 19:34]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:34 - Sep 23 with 4524 viewsgiantstoneater

Cork is a solid player but we needed better and forked out a record fee for a player who looks half the player Cork was for us. I must admit I expected better but he certainly talks a good game.
Login to get fewer ads

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:36 - Sep 23 with 4506 viewsJoshTheJack

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:33 - Sep 23 by Mo_Wives

No lol.Gotta have a laugh after that shitshow today.If i replay that second goal in my head once more i may explode!!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 19:38]
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:39 - Sep 23 with 4480 viewsMo_Wives

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:36 - Sep 23 by JoshTheJack

No lol.Gotta have a laugh after that shitshow today.If i replay that second goal in my head once more i may explode!!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 19:38]

Oh thank f*ck...I thought you may be another one to go on my list.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:39 - Sep 23 with 4477 viewsjasper_T

He hides from the ball and makes the centrebacks do all the hard work trying to play out. Cowardly player, as I said last week.
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:41 - Sep 23 with 4451 viewscmajack

Should never have signed mesa and clucas it had to be one or the other particularly with Leon as cover money should have been spent elsewhere.
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:27 - Sep 23 with 4248 viewsGeoffThom

Never understood why we bought him ,especially at the rip off price also,5m player at his best other than that should have been a feckin free transfer ,which at the present rate he's playing he will be ,if he keeps playing like this be gone in Jan
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:34 - Sep 23 with 4220 viewsicecoldjack

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:39 - Sep 23 by jasper_T

He hides from the ball and makes the centrebacks do all the hard work trying to play out. Cowardly player, as I said last week.

This was certainly more clear todat than the Newcastle game, far too often for my liking he was moving into a line where the opposition player was between him and the swans player on the ball, first instinct is to take a touch and play square or backwards.

Massive mistake for £15/17m we have been truly mugged by Hull . Not a crunching tackle in him or a passing range or movement or touch or anything..£15 m ? fookin el mun!!
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:36 - Sep 23 with 4214 viewsParsSwans

Clucas is and never has been a holding defensive player he is a left side attacking midfielder may as well have played bony at right back and naughton up front. Good player and we will see it when utilised correctly
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:43 - Sep 23 with 4195 viewsGeoffThom

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:36 - Sep 23 by ParsSwans

Clucas is and never has been a holding defensive player he is a left side attacking midfielder may as well have played bony at right back and naughton up front. Good player and we will see it when utilised correctly

Really ,we were looking for a left side mid ?i got to be honest he's gonna have to perform miracles now ,because too many supporters aren't impressed!
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:54 - Sep 23 with 4170 viewsjack247

That's Corks position and role. it's not Clucas'.

I'd like to see him given a run further forward, he isn't a holding midfielder and looks like a fish out of water there (thought he did well at Palace to be fair).

Total guess, but I think Mesa is a bit too maverick for Clements liking. He is always showing for the ball and looking for a positive pass. That's a massive positive for most people, but I've got this nagging doubt Clement would prefer him to hold his position and play safe when he's in possession. Same could be said for Sanches. It's noticeable both of them have had the ball at the feet and their arms outstretched as if to say 'give me options' a fair few times already.
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 23:07 - Sep 23 with 4133 viewsicecoldjack

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:54 - Sep 23 by jack247

That's Corks position and role. it's not Clucas'.

I'd like to see him given a run further forward, he isn't a holding midfielder and looks like a fish out of water there (thought he did well at Palace to be fair).

Total guess, but I think Mesa is a bit too maverick for Clements liking. He is always showing for the ball and looking for a positive pass. That's a massive positive for most people, but I've got this nagging doubt Clement would prefer him to hold his position and play safe when he's in possession. Same could be said for Sanches. It's noticeable both of them have had the ball at the feet and their arms outstretched as if to say 'give me options' a fair few times already.

Think thats about right. Clement is clearly favouring shape over style . It's almost like he wants to coach the ability out of those who have it .

He needs to sort himself out pretty dam quick though, if he's playing clucas in the wrong position then even he should see that its killing us at home. Clucas is hiding from his on field responsibility and it in effect means we play with 10 men, i'm very dissapointed in him for £15m at 26 yrs old he looks no better than fulton .
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 23:45 - Sep 23 with 4066 viewsclloy2

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 22:43 - Sep 23 by GeoffThom

Really ,we were looking for a left side mid ?i got to be honest he's gonna have to perform miracles now ,because too many supporters aren't impressed!

Absolutely right. Clucas is an all action box to box attacking left side midfielder, which if PC deployed him correctly would alleviate the gash we have ended up with in midfield, nobody is looking to break the opposition ranks run forward and drive at their defence. I feel really sorry for Clucas, he is being asked to play at the base of the diamond, and almost bordering on a 4th centre half. This is absolutely not his position, and is another example of where PC has clearly lost the plot. All I would say is give the lad a chance, let's see him play in his favoured position, and not let PC getaway with cowardly football and playing players in positions where they are destined to fail. PC you have been warned, sort this bloody mess out which is of your making.
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 01:07 - Sep 24 with 3987 viewsLeonWasGod

Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 19:33 - Sep 23 by Mo_Wives

Next you'll be saying Football Manager is make believe
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 01:13 - Sep 24 with 3970 viewsLeonWasGod

I though Jack was absolutely fine, when stuck in front of the back 4 and told to do one job only. On the right of the diamond when he had to get forward was comedy gold though.

But now I'd rather persevere with Mesa. Even Jay Fulton can feel hard done by given a couple of Clucas' recent performances.

What have we got, 8 average CMs? If only we could have concentrated on getting quality in key areas instead of as many Huwey specials as possible.

Edit: I see IceCold has already done the Fulton comparison. I should have read the other posts, but he's not wrong. We had a reliable player already. For the money you'd like to see something more than steady. Hopefully it will come.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 3:27]
Clucas getting picked to play where Cork did on 01:59 - Sep 24 with 3922 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No offence to the kid

16 million , how ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024