Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just because they have a platform in the media and on the Internet doesn't mean 20:18 - Sep 23 with 241 viewsDavillin

Just because they have a platform in the media and on the Internet doesn't mean what they write is right.

From my viewpoint, this is amply illustrated in one comment by Dominic Booth and Andrew Gwylim in their article in Wales Online at:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-citys-lack-width-continues-1

They praised Jordan Ayew's workrate with this damning bit of faint praise: "What he lacks in skill and technical ability, Ayew more than makes up for in work rate and perseverance. He could be seen halfway through the opening period in the left-back position jostling away from Watford's press to win the Swans a throw-in. It typified everything he offers to this Swansea side."

As did his brother when he was here, Jordan lacks discipline. Whenever he draws my attention during a game, I have no idea what position he is supposed to be playing. I still don't. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but whenever a player is making a nuisance of himself where he doesn't belong, his absence from his assigned position means that one link in a chain is missing.

The same applies to his propensity to dribble into a crowd when the Swansea style is to pass crisply and retain possession.

I hasten to add that the writers got a more important point right -- well, kind of -- when they bemoaned the absence of Leon Britton. A more accurate opinion would have included Roque Mesa -- "the absence of either Leon or Roque or another player with the same skill set and extensive tactical and strategic understanding and play."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024