Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we scared of playing football! 19:28 - Sep 24 with 3957 viewsjack2jack

Is the fear of loosing our PL status,ruining us.
When we first arrived in the PL, we seemed to play without fear, we put the sh!ts up most teams,now we are there for the taking.
Genuine question for discussion.
Are we scared of playing football! on 19:31 - Sep 24 with 3945 viewscaerleon_jack

Simply, yes.

Since Laudrup, the club have appointed cautious manager after cautious manager, and the majority of players signed have been with the intention of playing a 'safe' game.

Whilst I'm not arguing that Laudrup had to go, the board seem to have been burnt by the experience, hence the desire to sell up and the feeling that we are just 'plodding along'.

Insert something witty here

Are we scared of playing football! on 19:37 - Sep 24 with 3920 viewsOldjack

we're petrified of losing ,hence the parked bus with the handbrake fully on ,and i bloody hate this way of football,its boring and utterly crap to watch

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are we scared of playing football! on 19:43 - Sep 24 with 3896 viewsjack2jack

Are we scared of playing football! on 19:37 - Sep 24 by Oldjack

we're petrified of losing ,hence the parked bus with the handbrake fully on ,and i bloody hate this way of football,its boring and utterly crap to watch

You are so right, but how and when are things going to change,and I think I know the answer to this!😉
Are we scared of playing football! on 19:50 - Sep 24 with 3868 viewsplasjack

It's all football, defensive or attacking.
With our squad pace is limited, not to mention our ageing bench, PC has a problem, hoofball has become the norm.
Roll on the January transfer window, or it's relegation I fear.
Are we scared of playing football! on 19:53 - Sep 24 with 3850 viewsMeraki

Huw Jenkins and co are scared of losing PL status because that will mean the end of the gravy train for them.
Are we scared of playing football! on 19:57 - Sep 24 with 3836 viewsOldjack

Are we scared of playing football! on 19:43 - Sep 24 by jack2jack

You are so right, but how and when are things going to change,and I think I know the answer to this!😉

it's in Clems DNA, i can't see a change even if we're in the relegation zone ,he might have a slight change of heart when we become mathematically safe

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:00 - Sep 24 with 3826 viewsFlashberryjack

Are we scared of playing football! on 19:43 - Sep 24 by jack2jack

We've become a team of plodding footballers, as we sell our more skillful players, we replace with mediocrity.

As for our recruitment team...... if you send Monkeys shopping you shouldn't be surprised if they come back with a bunch of Bananas.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:06 - Sep 24 with 3806 viewsjack247

Yes, absolutely.

We are scared of losing possession or being caught out of position. Yesterday wasn't a great example, but he has made us a lot better organised and harder to break down. He needs to figure out a way of maintaining that and adding a bit of verve to our attack.

He may be able to do it, but my personal opinion is that if we are to start playing the football our attacking players are capable of, we need to accept getting caught out every now and then.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:10 - Sep 24 with 3792 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To answer the OP we simply haven't got the players to play good football. Laudrups teams were the last to really entertain at the liberty. Jenkins has a lot to answer for and worse is to come when we eventually get relegated, be it this season or the next.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:26 - Sep 24 with 3738 viewsjack2jack

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:06 - Sep 24 by jack247

Yes, absolutely.

We are scared of losing possession or being caught out of position. Yesterday wasn't a great example, but he has made us a lot better organised and harder to break down. He needs to figure out a way of maintaining that and adding a bit of verve to our attack.

He may be able to do it, but my personal opinion is that if we are to start playing the football our attacking players are capable of, we need to accept getting caught out every now and then.

8 shots on target this season, I mean wtf,just tells the story.
Are we scared of playing football! on 20:54 - Sep 24 with 3685 viewsOldjack

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:10 - Sep 24 by Brynmill_Jack

To answer the OP we simply haven't got the players to play good football. Laudrups teams were the last to really entertain at the liberty. Jenkins has a lot to answer for and worse is to come when we eventually get relegated, be it this season or the next.

i beg to differ Bryn ,it's not the players it's the orders they've been given ,which most are not used too , GO OVER THE HALFWAY LINE AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:57 - Sep 24 with 3678 viewsjack247

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:54 - Sep 24 by Oldjack

i beg to differ Bryn ,it's not the players it's the orders they've been given ,which most are not used too , GO OVER THE HALFWAY LINE AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Agree totally
Are we scared of playing football! on 21:06 - Sep 24 with 3627 viewsjack2jack

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:54 - Sep 24 by Oldjack

This, plus the inability to provide that killer pass to our boys at the front.
It's either under instruction or frozen with fear,it's so frustrating.How long will it take for the players to disagree with PC and down tools.
Are we scared of playing football! on 22:10 - Sep 24 with 3544 viewsJokeren1943

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:06 - Sep 24 by jack247

Yes, absolutely.

A strong attack can also be a good defense. Forces the opponent to keep players at home.

Swansea the last 3 years has seem to forgotten this.
Are we scared of playing football! on 22:21 - Sep 24 with 3512 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Are we scared of playing football! on 22:10 - Sep 24 by Jokeren1943

A strong attack can also be a good defense. Forces the opponent to keep players at home.

Very true.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Are we scared of playing football! on 01:03 - Sep 25 with 3400 viewsJackFish

Are we scared of playing football! on 22:10 - Sep 24 by Jokeren1943

And for most of the second half on Saturday we pressured them a lot higher up the pitch and forced them into mistakes and rushed clearances, didn’t give them the time on the ball they had in the first half to play through us.
Are we scared of playing football! on 01:37 - Sep 25 with 3392 viewsBanosPerth

Are we scared of playing football! on 20:10 - Sep 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes - and have a look where Sunderland sit in the championship table at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024