Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Fans Are So Fickle 12:38 - Sep 25 with 1448 viewsSTID2017

I know it's not just our fans, but one minute it's all about what a good coach PC is and how he gets the best out of players.
A short while later it's "Clement Out"
We have the making of a good team with (IMO) Abraham, Sanchez, Mesa & Bony.
I think Clement learnt his lesson on Saturday and we'll reap the rewards in future games

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 12:49 - Sep 25 with 1420 viewspencoedjack

Let's hope you are right because every performance this season has been shite including the win at woeful Palace and the very lucky point we got at Southampton.

I hope he can turn it around.
Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:06 - Sep 25 with 1380 viewsjack2jack

I don't think we've pressed the panick button just yet,although I can see some frustration appearing.As fans it is difficult because we want to be the best we can.
There are many reasons why things maybe not quite right, and it's well documented on here.But we must give it a little bit more time before we melt down completely.Having said that we must see that PC can alter things when necessary and have a plan B and C when required. Patience is a virtue,but there is only so long,before that patience wears out.
We have a tidy squad,but we need to get the very best from them 100% of the time.
Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:09 - Sep 25 with 1369 viewsgiantstoneater

In the context of 90 mins most fans are fickle especially as their blood is up when the storm has calmed and they analyse the game in a calmer state they can see that that chance was harder than it looked or perhaps the manager had little option to sub the player. We all see the the game through our own eyes and that will never change.
Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:13 - Sep 25 with 1353 viewsfbreath

I watched Clement when the booing started from the crowd in the first half, he went into panic mode and immediately got players off the bench to warm up to make it look like he was going to make changes.

Hope he has learnt from this but surely it was a first half team selection that didn't need to be mad based on the players that were available.

Everyone in the pub before the game when the team was announced and at the game was baffled by the team selected.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:52 - Sep 25 with 1296 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:13 - Sep 25 by fbreath

I watched Clement when the booing started from the crowd in the first half, he went into panic mode and immediately got players off the bench to warm up to make it look like he was going to make changes.

Hope he has learnt from this but surely it was a first half team selection that didn't need to be mad based on the players that were available.

Everyone in the pub before the game when the team was announced and at the game was baffled by the team selected.

I think PC saw it as the "Safe Option", ie to revert back to mostly the players he knows and or has confidence in.
Whereas what the Fans have known for some time is that there are certain player combinations that do not work well and are therefore only safe options on paper and not on the field.
What the Fans also know after watching Monk, Guido, BB and now PC struggle with playing styles and tactics that fast possesion with passing, presssing and attack is still one of the best forms of defence.
Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:56 - Sep 25 with 1287 viewsLoyal

Clement is a good coach, a safe coach and will not take us down. He is risk averse and as long as he is we will be lower half. Depends what people want.
Not fickle. Just aware.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 15:32 - Sep 25 with 1213 viewsSmellyplumz

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:56 - Sep 25 by Loyal

Clement is a good coach, a safe coach and will not take us down. He is risk averse and as long as he is we will be lower half. Depends what people want.
Not fickle. Just aware.

The owners and the chairman are more than happy with seventeenth every season until they flip the club, the fans need to realise this.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 15:56 - Sep 25 with 1200 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 15:32 - Sep 25 by Smellyplumz

The owners and the chairman are more than happy with seventeenth every season until they flip the club, the fans need to realise this.

Actually I think they would prefer a couple of places higher, as you get more cash
Login to get fewer ads

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 06:37 - Sep 26 with 1098 viewsclloy2

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 15:32 - Sep 25 by Smellyplumz

Im not so sure, losing at home (and more importantly not trying to win) against Newcastle and Watford is not going to get him success. Lose on Saturday, with another dire display and the pressure is really on
Football Fans Are So Fickle on 07:12 - Sep 26 with 1074 viewsJethroJack

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 13:09 - Sep 25 by giantstoneater

In the context of 90 mins most fans are fickle especially as their blood is up when the storm has calmed and they analyse the game in a calmer state they can see that that chance was harder than it looked or perhaps the manager had little option to sub the player. We all see the the game through our own eyes and that will never change.

The drama queens moan, just for the sake of it.
Football Fans Are So Fickle on 07:15 - Sep 26 with 1070 viewsawayjack

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 06:37 - Sep 26 by clloy2

Im not so sure, losing at home (and more importantly not trying to win) against Newcastle and Watford is not going to get him success. Lose on Saturday, with another dire display and the pressure is really on

Football is fickle. Next four matches for PC to show he actually has a plan including attack vs 9 man defence.
Football Fans Are So Fickle on 08:31 - Sep 26 with 1021 viewsSmellyplumz

Football Fans Are So Fickle on 15:56 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Actually I think they would prefer a couple of places higher, as you get more cash

Which means spending more on the squad, don't get me wrong of course they would love to finish as high as possible because of the extra money but my point is the owners are spending on the squad what they deem necessary to stay in the league and that's it. You get my point.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024