Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fede not happy 12:40 - Sep 25 with 2697 viewsLandore_Jack

Federico Fernandez says Swansea must get back to playing the possession football that has been their trademark in the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41384519

#backtojack

Fede not happy on 12:45 - Sep 25 with 2201 viewsLandore_Jack

Anybody else think he is questioning Clement's playing style?

#backtojack

Fede not happy on 12:58 - Sep 25 with 2140 viewsjack2jack

Fede not happy on 12:45 - Sep 25 by Landore_Jack

Read this yesterday LJ and thought the same thing,and we all know what happens when players start mouthing off
Fede not happy on 13:02 - Sep 25 with 2116 viewsTom1912

I don't think Clement would disagree with a word he's said there personally.

He's captain too, so I don't see anything wrong with him speaking out like that.
Fede not happy on 13:03 - Sep 25 with 2108 viewsTheResurrection

The bit that sticks out there is the lack of pressing high up the pitch. Instead, at the moment we just fall into shape and let them prepare attack after attack. We are too used to being without the ball we've forgotten to be comfortable with it.

This is a massive test for Clement but he's being the master of what could be his own downfall. Let us play....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Fede not happy on 13:07 - Sep 25 with 2078 viewsjack2jack

Fede not happy on 13:03 - Sep 25 by TheResurrection

The bit that sticks out there is the lack of pressing high up the pitch. Instead, at the moment we just fall into shape and let them prepare attack after attack. We are too used to being without the ball we've forgotten to be comfortable with it.

This is a massive test for Clement but he's being the master of what could be his own downfall. Let us play....

Couldn't agree more.
Fede not happy on 13:13 - Sep 25 with 2032 viewsWarwickHunt

Fede not happy on 13:03 - Sep 25 by TheResurrection

Spot on.

I don't have a problem with dropping back and restricting space in the final third for the likes of Spurs, Citeh etc. but fûcking WATFORD??? At home???

Let's hope he's learned a lesson from that diabolical first half.
Fede not happy on 13:20 - Sep 25 with 1997 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who will he lose first, the players or the fans?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fede not happy on 13:26 - Sep 25 with 1956 viewsTheFranchise

Fede not happy on 13:20 - Sep 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Who will he lose first, the players or the fans?

On Saturday it sounded like he was losing the fans already.
Login to get fewer ads

Fede not happy on 13:28 - Sep 25 with 1942 viewsDr_Winston

Fernandez claiming that we're not comfortable on the ball is wonderful.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fede not happy on 13:38 - Sep 25 with 1898 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fede not happy on 13:26 - Sep 25 by TheFranchise

On Saturday it sounded like he was losing the fans already.

Most will forget about it if we fluke our way to another point against a top 6 side.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fede not happy on 13:59 - Sep 25 with 1845 viewsploppy

You'd have to question whether Clement believes in the possession style football we used to play. Remember when we used to pass teams off the park? Now, the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford come to the Liberty and won't let us have a kick. It's pathetic.

Unfortunately, we seem to have got ourselves into this downward spiral where we need to sack a manager midway through the season and then appoint someone whose only task is to keep us up. That manager then gets found out because he was only ever good enough to keep us up and the "keep us up" style isn't good enough from the start of the season. Rinse and repeat.
Fede not happy on 14:08 - Sep 25 with 1822 viewsSTID2017

Fede not happy on 13:59 - Sep 25 by ploppy

You'd have to question whether Clement believes in the possession style football we used to play. Remember when we used to pass teams off the park? Now, the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford come to the Liberty and won't let us have a kick. It's pathetic.

Unfortunately, we seem to have got ourselves into this downward spiral where we need to sack a manager midway through the season and then appoint someone whose only task is to keep us up. That manager then gets found out because he was only ever good enough to keep us up and the "keep us up" style isn't good enough from the start of the season. Rinse and repeat.

Generally accept your Point, but sure we best Southampton at the Liberty earlier this year? ^

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fede not happy on 14:22 - Sep 25 with 1780 viewsBarrySwan

Fernandez learning how to pass to his own side might help if the Swans are going back to a crisp accurate passing game.
Fede not happy on 14:29 - Sep 25 with 1748 viewsswan65split

Fede not happy on 12:45 - Sep 25 by Landore_Jack

yes , me, and hes right.......we were something being talked about for our system and style......trouble is they are talking about our system and style again........and we are boring!
Fede not happy on 15:04 - Sep 25 with 1663 viewsjasper_T

Fede not happy on 14:22 - Sep 25 by BarrySwan

Fernandez learning how to pass to his own side might help if the Swans are going back to a crisp accurate passing game.

If our holding midfielder was ever in space to receive one Fede's stats might look a little better. I'm sure he didn't become a centreback relishing trying to play 30 yard passes in to strikers feet.
Fede not happy on 15:15 - Sep 25 with 1624 viewsJethroJack

Fede not happy on 14:08 - Sep 25 by STID2017

Generally accept your Point, but sure we best Southampton at the Liberty earlier this year? ^

Yes, we did, 2-1 I think.
Fede not happy on 15:18 - Sep 25 with 1617 viewsploppy

Fede not happy on 14:08 - Sep 25 by STID2017

Yes, indeed. We will beat teams even when we don't dominate possession. My point was more that we used to dominate possession, especially at home, and it's what set us apart from other promoted teams. And, ultimately, was the reason for our survival. Now teams are coming to the Liberty and dominating us - and not just the big teams. As I remember, we were fairly lucky against Southampton at home last year. We won with a counter attack goal that Siggy scuffed into the far corner (wasn't it?).
Fede not happy on 15:40 - Sep 25 with 1554 viewsDafyddHuw

But apparently, we're better off without Siggy. Jesus H C hrist.
Fede not happy on 15:56 - Sep 25 with 1513 viewsploppy

Fede not happy on 15:40 - Sep 25 by DafyddHuw

Not sure what Siggy's got to do with it, except for scoring a goal in that particular match. I wouldn't say Siggy was fundamental to our possession style football. He gave the ball away plenty.
Fede not happy on 16:03 - Sep 25 with 1503 viewsDafyddHuw

Fede not happy on 15:56 - Sep 25 by ploppy

Not sure what Siggy's got to do with it, except for scoring a goal in that particular match. I wouldn't say Siggy was fundamental to our possession style football. He gave the ball away plenty.

What Siggy's got to do with it is that we're screaming out for an AM. And Carroll ain't it.
OK he wanted to go, fine, thanks for the memories.

Where it all falls down is that nobody thought to go out and replace him. Like it's rocket science or summat.
Fede not happy on 16:08 - Sep 25 with 1494 viewsploppy

Fede not happy on 16:03 - Sep 25 by DafyddHuw

What Siggy's got to do with it is that we're screaming out for an AM. And Carroll ain't it.
OK he wanted to go, fine, thanks for the memories.

Where it all falls down is that nobody thought to go out and replace him. Like it's rocket science or summat.

Agreed, but we were screaming out for an AM - a genuine number 10 - even when Siggy was here. Because he, sure as hell, wasn't it.
Fede not happy on 17:24 - Sep 25 with 1417 viewsmonmouth

I don't want a possession based game if it has no intent. I want Laudrup 2012 not Rodgers 2011. But anyway, it's moot. We simply don't have players that are comfortable with the ball, that can pass accurately, or move intelligently. Fernandez, as DrW says being a prime example, although by God he's defending well now and I'm glad we have him. He would have cleared the first if Clucas hadn't shat his pants, and there's no way the player would have got past him for the second even if he'd taken a red for the team.

But point remains, I doubt we can go back to keeping the ball as when teams press us we simply don't have the composure...back to Fabianski...HOOF...other team's ball...

You can't just say these things and they become real.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fede not happy on 18:32 - Sep 25 with 1323 viewsNeath_Jack

Fede not happy on 16:08 - Sep 25 by ploppy

Agreed, but we were screaming out for an AM - a genuine number 10 - even when Siggy was here. Because he, sure as hell, wasn't it.

It's bonkers to keep reading about Siggy as some masterful number 10. He most certainly wasn't one of those.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fede not happy on 18:53 - Sep 25 with 1271 viewsploppy

Fede not happy on 17:24 - Sep 25 by monmouth

I don't want a possession based game if it has no intent. I want Laudrup 2012 not Rodgers 2011. But anyway, it's moot. We simply don't have players that are comfortable with the ball, that can pass accurately, or move intelligently. Fernandez, as DrW says being a prime example, although by God he's defending well now and I'm glad we have him. He would have cleared the first if Clucas hadn't shat his pants, and there's no way the player would have got past him for the second even if he'd taken a red for the team.

But point remains, I doubt we can go back to keeping the ball as when teams press us we simply don't have the composure...back to Fabianski...HOOF...other team's ball...

You can't just say these things and they become real.

As much as I hate seeing Carroll passing backwards all the time, as if he's the reincarnation of Neil Taylor, there's a time and place for "going nowhere" possession football. It's when you're trying to hang on (either for a win or draw) or trying to take the sting out of the game or to silence the opposition crowd. I wouldn't call that having "no intent". I'm also not convinced that things were better under Laudrup than Rodgers. Laudrup had better players at his disposal but he also played very narrow up front. One thing's for sure though - if you've got the ball the opposition are less likely to score.
Fede not happy on 20:13 - Sep 25 with 1122 viewsjack2jack

Fede not happy on 15:40 - Sep 25 by DafyddHuw

Thing is that PC knew that he had two bankers he could rely on,Siggy for his free kicks and Llorente to nut a few in as well,sorry to bring FL into it,but maybe it's relevant to where we are now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024