Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This kneeling down protest 14:07 - Sep 25 with 57687 viewsLoyal

Relevant?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This kneeling down protest on 14:09 - Sep 25 with 20787 viewswhoflungdung

Understanable

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

This kneeling down protest on 14:16 - Sep 25 with 20773 viewsKilkennyjack

This kneeling down protest on 14:09 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

Understanable

If Trump is against it then its almost certainly a good thing.

Beware of the Risen People

This kneeling down protest on 14:21 - Sep 25 with 20751 viewswhoflungdung

Ive yet to meet anyone anywhere who has anything but contempt for Trump.

This kneeling down protest on 14:32 - Sep 25 with 20738 viewsKilkennyjack

This kneeling down protest on 14:21 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

👍

Beware of the Risen People

This kneeling down protest on 14:36 - Sep 25 with 20727 viewswhoflungdung

...for what its worth,wifey and in a lift in our hotel last week when a couple stepped into the lift.

One passes the time again in these circs and I asked where they were from " Jacksonville ,Florida" ...and we didn't fricking vote Trump.We re scared man" We wished them a pleasant evening and reflected

This kneeling down protest on 14:53 - Sep 25 with 20675 viewsDarran

No idea if it's relevant or not but I won't be joining in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This kneeling down protest on 15:16 - Sep 25 with 20679 viewsProfessor

unfortunately I have met Americans from the mid-West and South who support him.
This kneeling down protest on 15:18 - Sep 25 with 20677 viewsHighjack

My knees buckled underneath me when that American bird sung the Welsh anthem but that was from laughing too much.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

This kneeling down protest on 15:57 - Sep 25 with 20640 viewsEbo

Funny that the president can show respect for expression when it's for the alt right / white supremacists but not for the NFL.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

This kneeling down protest on 16:16 - Sep 25 with 20630 viewsFlashberryjack

A lot of Americans voted for him, and the few Americans I've spoken to hated Hilary Clinton enough to vote Trump

You don't always get the candidate or party you hoped for, But hey! that's democracy for you.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

This kneeling down protest on 18:03 - Sep 25 with 20550 viewsMeraki

This kneeling down protest on 16:16 - Sep 25 by Flashberryjack

A lot of Americans voted for him, and the few Americans I've spoken to hated Hilary Clinton enough to vote Trump

You don't always get the candidate or party you hoped for, But hey! that's democracy for you.

And about 2.8 million more voted for Clinton.
This kneeling down protest on 18:19 - Sep 25 with 20533 viewsFlashberryjack

This kneeling down protest on 18:03 - Sep 25 by Meraki

And about 2.8 million more voted for Clinton.

That's the American presidential system.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

This kneeling down protest on 19:00 - Sep 25 with 20493 viewsVetchfielder

I think the answer to that question is that it's relevant to the guys doing it so it's relevant.

Maybe not to us in the UK but yes it is relevant and certainly a significant event for the USA to get their heads around and Trump's reaction to it is just typical of the man.

Proud to have been one of the 231

This kneeling down protest on 19:32 - Sep 25 with 20449 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's been called out

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

This kneeling down protest on 19:36 - Sep 25 with 20440 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 19:32 - Sep 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's been called out

He also tweeted that burning the flag was a powerful and legitimate protest when Obama was president, so his current stance is laughable. As is he.
This kneeling down protest on 20:25 - Sep 25 with 20386 viewsHumpty

This kneeling down protest on 19:36 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

He also tweeted that burning the flag was a powerful and legitimate protest when Obama was president, so his current stance is laughable. As is he.

Well I never.

It's not like Mr Trump to be inconsistent.
This kneeling down protest on 21:41 - Sep 25 with 20333 viewsswanforthemoney

This kneeling down protest on 19:32 - Sep 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's been called out

Worrying. Its the guys who have never served who are so quick to send the troops in. Witness Blair and George W Bush.

I stand in the North Stand

This kneeling down protest on 21:47 - Sep 25 with 20323 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A great story has come out of this: Alejandro Villanueva.

The son of native Spaniards, Villanueva attended West Point and served 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan, earning the Bronze Star for valor. Then, at age 26, Villanueva decided to give the NFL a try. Against astronomical odds (he had to pay $245 just to attend a regional camp combine for NFL hopefuls), he made the Pittsburgh Steelers roster and is now in his 4th season as a solid starter on the O Line.

Yesterday, while the rest of his team stayed in the locker room, Villanueva came out alone for the anthem.

His own coach, Mike Tomlin, was even miffed with him over this act of defiance. "I was looking for 100 percent participation. We were gonna be respectful of our football team."

Until yesterday, only Steeler fans and serious NFL fans had ever even heard of this guy. But as of today, Villanueva is the most popular player in the NFL.

A spokesman for Fanatics, which runs the NFL's online store, confirmed to ESPN that, over the past 24 hours, more Villanueva gear, including jerseys and name and number T-shirts, has been ordered than that of any other NFL player. Villanueva beat out New England Patriots superstar quarterback Tom Brady for the top spot.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 21:59]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 21:48 - Sep 25 with 20319 viewsJack_Meoff

His years of acting are coming in handy in fairness. How he got through his recent UN speech while keeping a straight face deserves at least some commendation. The utter hypocrisy of it was astonishing. Chwarae teg Don man.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

This kneeling down protest on 22:01 - Sep 25 with 20282 viewsPozuelosSideys

This kneeling down protest on 21:47 - Sep 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

The son of native Spaniards, Villanueva attended West Point and served 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan, earning the Bronze Star for valor. Then, at age 26, Villanueva decided to give the NFL a try. Against astronomical odds (he had to pay $245 just to attend a regional camp combine for NFL hopefuls), he made the Pittsburgh Steelers roster and is now in his 4th season as a solid starter on the O Line.

Yesterday, while the rest of his team stayed in the locker room, Villanueva came out alone for the anthem.

His own coach, Mike Tomlin, was even miffed with him over this act of defiance. "I was looking for 100 percent participation. We were gonna be respectful of our football team."

Until yesterday, only Steeler fans and serious NFL fans had ever even heard of this guy. But as of today, Villanueva is the most popular player in the NFL.

A spokesman for Fanatics, which runs the NFL's online store, confirmed to ESPN that, over the past 24 hours, more Villanueva gear, including jerseys and name and number T-shirts, has been ordered than that of any other NFL player. Villanueva beat out New England Patriots superstar quarterback Tom Brady for the top spot.

Alternatively, its interesting that the US media decides to focus on the one guy (who im stunned isnt black) who chooses to air his freedom of speech in his own way (understandabe given his background), while completely ignoring the message being sent by the ever increasing majority in the league.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

This kneeling down protest on 23:15 - Sep 25 with 20236 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 21:47 - Sep 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

I assume you know that he has said that it was a mistake not an act of defiance?

“Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said. “Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself I feel embarrassed,” Villanueva said in a press conference Monday.
This kneeling down protest on 23:24 - Sep 25 with 20229 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 23:15 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

I assume you know that he has said that it was a mistake not an act of defiance?

“Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said. “Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself I feel embarrassed,” Villanueva said in a press conference Monday.

Right, a mistake, sure. Completely didn't notice that the rest of the Steelers were still in the locker room, whatever.

He wants to keep his job, so this brave veteran has been forced to apologize for honoring our flag. Pretty sickening.

Since you're not American, I understand if you don't get it, but this is important to some people.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 23:27]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 23:51 - Sep 25 with 20203 viewslonglostjack

Is it relevant? Maybe in the States. I don't get why the media has been trying to ram American football down our throats for years. Crap game that the rest of the world understandably couldn't give a toss about.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

This kneeling down protest on 23:53 - Sep 25 with 20199 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 23:24 - Sep 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Right, a mistake, sure. Completely didn't notice that the rest of the Steelers were still in the locker room, whatever.

He wants to keep his job, so this brave veteran has been forced to apologize for honoring our flag. Pretty sickening.

Since you're not American, I understand if you don't get it, but this is important to some people.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 23:27]

They were standing in the tunnel behind him according to his own interview and pictures seem to support that.

But whatever. He has a right to do what he's wants to do and others the right to do what they want to do as long as it's peaceful and doesn't hurt anyone.

Isn't that the whole point?

Being American or otherwise has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure if you're aware, but we have a flag and an anthem as well.

Trump himself has said that burning the American flag is a powerful way to protest. Kneeling in front of it seems perfectly respectful to me in comparison.
This kneeling down protest on 00:20 - Sep 26 with 20164 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 23:53 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

They were standing in the tunnel behind him according to his own interview and pictures seem to support that.

But whatever. He has a right to do what he's wants to do and others the right to do what they want to do as long as it's peaceful and doesn't hurt anyone.

Isn't that the whole point?

Being American or otherwise has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure if you're aware, but we have a flag and an anthem as well.

Trump himself has said that burning the American flag is a powerful way to protest. Kneeling in front of it seems perfectly respectful to me in comparison.

That's exactly the point. I've got no problem with any player who kneels, stays in the locker room, urinates on the flag, whatever. That's their right, and that's what the flag stands for. I just think it's really cool that one defiant patriot and veteran has chosen not to fall in line with the Left, and he's gone from anonymous to the most popular jersey in the NFL in 24 hours.

But it's incredibly hypocritical and nauseating that those so-called "progressives" - who champion freedom of speech only when it's convenient to their cause - have now threatened and shamed him into apologizing for exercising his own rights.

And yes, I know you have a flag and anthem, but you don't know what it means to be an American. I've been reminded multiple times on this board, by you and others, that I can never understand what it means to have the passion of a real Jack because I'm an outsider who didn't come from Wales, even though we have sports teams we care a lot about in America. I respectfully never try to argue that point, but something exactly like it applies here, too.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 0:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024