Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This kneeling down protest 14:07 - Sep 25 with 58321 viewsLoyal

Relevant?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This kneeling down protest on 06:26 - Oct 10 with 2278 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 02:01 - Oct 10 by Highjack

Here's a cracker for starters

> "Yes Diane, but apart from all that, what has Mao ever done for us?"
> "Started the war on obesity..."

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 07:03 - Oct 10 with 2262 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 19:28 - Oct 9 by londonlisa2001

So the Vice President, at public cost, went to a game where he knew he'd be outraged, for the sole purpose of being outraged enough to walk out?

Can you imagine the reaction from Trump and his supporters if 'someone of the left' had done that at public expense?

Hi Lisa

Have you heard about your friend Humpty? He's a white supremacist now

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 09:37 - Oct 10 with 2221 viewsHumpty

This kneeling down protest on 08:37 - Oct 9 by Mo_Wives

BTW, Hump, I see you label me as Alt-right. And as we know, alt-right, to the far left, just means someone who doesn't agree with their batshit crazy ideas (just like Nazi and KKK). I know you have said that you are socially liberal. Now I hate to break this to you, but according to Black lives Matter this makes you a white supremacist (alt-right, KKK, Nazi). If you believe in free speech, this would also make you a white supremacist.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/backlash-spreads-against-black-lives-matter-sh

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10/05/liberalism-is-white-supremacy-black-live

Quote: What did the sign-toting protesters chant?
“Liberalism is white supremacy!”

So, Humpster, what's it gonna be?
Are you going to step away from your liberal label while denouncing free speech?
Or are you going to admit that you are Alt-right, white supremacist, Nazi, KKK and ask 'people of colour' to forgive you?
Or are you going to do the right thing and say "Mo has been correct all along...BLM, are in fact a bunch of c*nts who see value in victimhood and all sane people should point, laugh and denounce them"?

*countdown clock starts.

[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 9:38]

I believe in freedom of speech. When that free speech is stuff like "Let's kill the Jews" I'm not so keen.

I've already said there's some silly stuff going on at American universities that I disagree with. I disagree with these particular BLM people in this instance.

I believe in the general idea of BLM. Black people are treated like shit by the US justice system. I don't fantasize about black people raping white people, and cucks and all that bollocks.

Happy?
This kneeling down protest on 09:52 - Oct 10 with 2217 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 09:37 - Oct 10 by Humpty

I believe in freedom of speech. When that free speech is stuff like "Let's kill the Jews" I'm not so keen.

I've already said there's some silly stuff going on at American universities that I disagree with. I disagree with these particular BLM people in this instance.

I believe in the general idea of BLM. Black people are treated like shit by the US justice system. I don't fantasize about black people raping white people, and cucks and all that bollocks.

Happy?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 09:58 - Oct 10 with 2214 viewsBatterseajack

Out of interest, has anyone here on this thread had their freedom of speech stifled?
This kneeling down protest on 10:02 - Oct 10 with 2206 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 09:58 - Oct 10 by Batterseajack

Out of interest, has anyone here on this thread had their freedom of speech stifled?

Yes Humpty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This kneeling down protest on 10:03 - Oct 10 with 2206 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 09:58 - Oct 10 by Batterseajack

I don't know. What's your point?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 10:27 - Oct 10 with 2180 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 02:01 - Oct 10 by Highjack

Here's a cracker for starters

Dianne Abbot doesn't count
Login to get fewer ads

This kneeling down protest on 10:29 - Oct 10 with 2173 viewswhoflungdung

She s safe with Michael but is he safe from here

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

This kneeling down protest on 10:37 - Oct 10 with 2165 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 06:42 - Oct 9 by Mo_Wives

Quick questions for ace and easy b.

Since the left have been calling for 'safe spaces' for the last few years, while the right have been saying "stop being so pathetic", is this your way of saying the right were correct all along and in fact the left have been acting like massive vaginas?

Also, since young Michael's protest is showing him to be a snowflake, would you also class the NFL players as snowflakes for also protesting?

Note: I realise your comments are mostly tongue in cheek, but I like to know where you girls stand.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 7:09]

I'd disagree with the assertion that the left "have been calling for safe spaces for years."

I've been a fairly active volunteer in left wing politics for a few years now and most of the nutty left wingers and the more sensible ones relish the chance to debate ideas, usually over a pint.

The only "safe space" accusation that might apply that I can even think of would be universities banning certain speakers. Firstly I don't think I encountered this problem at Uni as I attended many guest lectures featuring people from across the political spectrum. Many were sh*t, many were not. Secondly, I think sometimes those bans have been justified e.g. dapper laughs in Cardiff.

I was speaking tongue in cheek again, using similar language to all those super strong alpha males on 4chan. You know the ones, projecting their fear/fetishisation of black men f**king "their" women, onto the rest of society.

The VP has every right to protest as do the NFL players. It's what's beautiful about the US constitution as its protected, bullet point one, non negotiable.
This kneeling down protest on 11:18 - Oct 10 with 2142 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 10:37 - Oct 10 by acejack3065

I'd disagree with the assertion that the left "have been calling for safe spaces for years."

I've been a fairly active volunteer in left wing politics for a few years now and most of the nutty left wingers and the more sensible ones relish the chance to debate ideas, usually over a pint.

The only "safe space" accusation that might apply that I can even think of would be universities banning certain speakers. Firstly I don't think I encountered this problem at Uni as I attended many guest lectures featuring people from across the political spectrum. Many were sh*t, many were not. Secondly, I think sometimes those bans have been justified e.g. dapper laughs in Cardiff.

I was speaking tongue in cheek again, using similar language to all those super strong alpha males on 4chan. You know the ones, projecting their fear/fetishisation of black men f**king "their" women, onto the rest of society.

The VP has every right to protest as do the NFL players. It's what's beautiful about the US constitution as its protected, bullet point one, non negotiable.

I agree with this post, ace. I would also like to say my reply was in the same spirit (tongue in cheek)

I have said before, but would like to point out again, when I'm having a pop at the left wing I am referring to the crazy far left (I include BLM and Antifa in this). I am not talking about the normal lefties...the left I grew up with were all for debate, all for jokes and comedy and were not moral busy bodies. I accept that most left wing people are still this way. And I get on with them fine. Unfortunately, I feel the loons have got hold of the microphone and are invading the institutions. I also feel it is in the interest of the normal lefties to purge these bullying c*nts.

Edit - And yes, I do know the type you're talking about who call people beta-males...they are the same f*cking idiots who go MGTOW and blame women for all the worlds problems (reverse feminists, I call them)
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 11:20]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 11:21 - Oct 10 with 2138 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 10:27 - Oct 10 by acejack3065

Great post. No one should have to take responsibility for Dianne

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 12:40 - Oct 10 with 2110 viewsHighjack

This kneeling down protest on 10:27 - Oct 10 by acejack3065

She probably can't count.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This kneeling down protest on 19:24 - Oct 10 with 2062 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 12:40 - Oct 10 by Highjack

She probably can't count.

She’s not shadow chancellor though so it’s fine.
This kneeling down protest on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 2043 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 12:47 - Oct 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Four weeks into the current NFL season television ratings are down nearly 10% overall compared to the first four weeks of last season. Sunday’s games in Week 4, according to Nielsen, had the smallest audience of any season so far: an average 14.2 million viewers."

Politicising your national sport was never going to end well. Looks like Trump is coming out on top in this situation too.

No doubt about it, anymore.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-goodell-memo-teams-regarding-174259696.html

"The current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country...Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us." - Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 20:47 - Oct 10 with 2037 viewsexiledclaseboy

This kneeling down protest on 20:44 - Oct 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

No doubt about it, anymore.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-goodell-memo-teams-regarding-174259696.html

"The current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country...Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us." - Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner

They might as well burn the first amendment at the same time. It’s clearly meaningless now in the “land of the free”.

Poll: Tory leader

This kneeling down protest on 21:02 - Oct 10 with 2018 viewsLohengrin

This kneeling down protest on 20:47 - Oct 10 by exiledclaseboy

They might as well burn the first amendment at the same time. It’s clearly meaningless now in the “land of the free”.

Do you think your place of employment is the correct stage for political protest though?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

This kneeling down protest on 21:04 - Oct 10 with 2009 viewsexiledclaseboy

This kneeling down protest on 21:02 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

Do you think your place of employment is the correct stage for political protest though?

In some contexts it’s the perfect platform.

Poll: Tory leader

This kneeling down protest on 21:09 - Oct 10 with 1997 viewsLohengrin

This kneeling down protest on 21:04 - Oct 10 by exiledclaseboy

In some contexts it’s the perfect platform.

The hustings is the bespoke platform for dissent, or for the less outspoken or confident there are sites like this or letters columns. I can't imagine the Civil Service would take a particularly benign view of you coat-trailing your political hobby-horses on company time. I know mine wouldn't, I doubt many would.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

This kneeling down protest on 21:12 - Oct 10 with 1986 viewsPozuelosSideys

This kneeling down protest on 21:09 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

The hustings is the bespoke platform for dissent, or for the less outspoken or confident there are sites like this or letters columns. I can't imagine the Civil Service would take a particularly benign view of you coat-trailing your political hobby-horses on company time. I know mine wouldn't, I doubt many would.

Is the civil service forcing him to stand there every morning and sing GSTQ?

Edit: actually, now thinking about it.. not such a bad idea..
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 21:14]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

This kneeling down protest on 06:05 - Oct 11 with 1936 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 20:47 - Oct 10 by exiledclaseboy

I've said many times, IMO, a business has the right to hire or fire or set whatever rules it likes. John Lewis with the non-gendered clothing. Or if a business found out it's employee was being politically incorrect on-line and didn't like the image, then they are free to fire that person. The NFL is a business and if something their employees are doing is hurting their business, IMO they are free to act how they see fit.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. I don't support a government getting involved...but if you're going to use your freedom of speech/expression in a way that harms other people, be prepared for consequences.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 07:07 - Oct 11 with 1918 viewssquarebear

[butting in]You've made some interesting points there that I'd not really considered.

The argument about the 'harm' being caused to the employer's business - I am wrestling with whether that's a valid point. I'm still not sure I agree.

The purpose behind the protests has been so badly misconstrued that it's toxic. I accept that. I dare say some fans may choose to now not go to games. Perhaps TV revenue is less owing to disgruntled fans switching off.

But - importantly - aren't these disgruntled people likely to be ignorant? Isn't their reaction simply a latter day equivalent to how some people reacted when emancipation, gay rights or even women's rights were first mooted?

If someone was about to be hit by a runaway truck and at the last second an alert postman pulled them out of harm's way, he'd be hailed as a hero, but in this NFL example he's being fired by the Post Office for assaulting that ignorant pedestrian.

Ah shucks. One of my best mates is a Yank and we simply cannot make the other see our POV. He just bangs on and on about the military and the flag. Despite being a bright guy he's got one hell of a blind spot. And so, I suppose, must I.

As you were [/butting in]
This kneeling down protest on 07:32 - Oct 11 with 1910 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 07:07 - Oct 11 by squarebear

[butting in]You've made some interesting points there that I'd not really considered.

The argument about the 'harm' being caused to the employer's business - I am wrestling with whether that's a valid point. I'm still not sure I agree.

The purpose behind the protests has been so badly misconstrued that it's toxic. I accept that. I dare say some fans may choose to now not go to games. Perhaps TV revenue is less owing to disgruntled fans switching off.

But - importantly - aren't these disgruntled people likely to be ignorant? Isn't their reaction simply a latter day equivalent to how some people reacted when emancipation, gay rights or even women's rights were first mooted?

If someone was about to be hit by a runaway truck and at the last second an alert postman pulled them out of harm's way, he'd be hailed as a hero, but in this NFL example he's being fired by the Post Office for assaulting that ignorant pedestrian.

Ah shucks. One of my best mates is a Yank and we simply cannot make the other see our POV. He just bangs on and on about the military and the flag. Despite being a bright guy he's got one hell of a blind spot. And so, I suppose, must I.

As you were [/butting in]

You seem to be wrestling with the question of if they are right or wrong (morally). I'm only saying they have the right. I'm sure you know I hate political correctness. But if a company wants to fire someone for a politically incorrect statement, then they have that right, IMO.

History may judge them as being wrong and I'm sure they are taking this into account. Will making the profitable decision now hurt their profits in the future?.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 10:45 - Oct 11 with 1873 viewsMeraki

This kneeling down protest on 06:05 - Oct 11 by Mo_Wives

I've said many times, IMO, a business has the right to hire or fire or set whatever rules it likes. John Lewis with the non-gendered clothing. Or if a business found out it's employee was being politically incorrect on-line and didn't like the image, then they are free to fire that person. The NFL is a business and if something their employees are doing is hurting their business, IMO they are free to act how they see fit.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. I don't support a government getting involved...but if you're going to use your freedom of speech/expression in a way that harms other people, be prepared for consequences.

If they start sacking the players who kneel I'm pretty sure that will turn out even worse for them.
This kneeling down protest on 11:12 - Oct 11 with 1861 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 10:45 - Oct 11 by Meraki

If they start sacking the players who kneel I'm pretty sure that will turn out even worse for them.

This is what I'm saying. As a business they have the right to do what they want (within reason). I'm willing to bet they are weighing up what is the course which will cause less damage. I bet morals or right or wrong haven't entered into their thinking...apart from what do most of our PAYING customers think is right or wrong.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024