Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This kneeling down protest 14:07 - Sep 25 with 57676 viewsLoyal

Relevant?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This kneeling down protest on 19:12 - Sep 26 with 4315 viewsNeathJack

This kneeling down protest on 14:28 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

"Accident," sure.

It's pretty clear what's happened here. Poor guy looked just a POW giving a propaganda statement, when he issued that "apology."

So are you calling him a hero and a liar?
This kneeling down protest on 19:16 - Sep 26 with 4309 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 19:12 - Sep 26 by NeathJack

So are you calling him a hero and a liar?

No, I'm calling him a guy who cares about his livelihood. Can't blame him at all for doing it, but it's quite transparent what happened.

Unless you really want to believe that he "accidentally" walked outside, stood, and put his hand on his heart, while the rest of his team stayed in the tunnel.

But when you are forced to tell a lie against your own will, that doesn't make you a liar. That makes the pieces of sh!t who forced you to do it the liars.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 19:22]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 20:49 - Sep 26 with 4254 viewsMeraki

This kneeling down protest on 19:16 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

No, I'm calling him a guy who cares about his livelihood. Can't blame him at all for doing it, but it's quite transparent what happened.

Unless you really want to believe that he "accidentally" walked outside, stood, and put his hand on his heart, while the rest of his team stayed in the tunnel.

But when you are forced to tell a lie against your own will, that doesn't make you a liar. That makes the pieces of sh!t who forced you to do it the liars.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 19:22]

Are you saying they would of sacked him if he didn't come out and lie?
This kneeling down protest on 21:18 - Sep 26 with 4244 viewsexiledclaseboy

The mental gymnastics the US right is having to perform to justify the unjustifiable when it comes to trump and his ridiculous unsuitability for the office he holds are amazing and amusing.

Poll: Tory leader

This kneeling down protest on 21:20 - Sep 26 with 4244 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 20:49 - Sep 26 by Meraki

Are you saying they would of sacked him if he didn't come out and lie?

I don't know, but he would have at the very least been ostracized from his teammates and his head coach, who had already publicly shown how he felt.

Since he's not a superstar on that team, his future would've definitely suffered.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 21:24]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 21:59 - Sep 26 with 4222 viewsNeathJack

This kneeling down protest on 21:20 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

I don't know, but he would have at the very least been ostracized from his teammates and his head coach, who had already publicly shown how he felt.

Since he's not a superstar on that team, his future would've definitely suffered.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 21:24]

So you're saying he doesn't have the courage of his convictions?
This kneeling down protest on 22:06 - Sep 26 with 4217 viewsMeraki

This kneeling down protest on 21:59 - Sep 26 by NeathJack

So you're saying he doesn't have the courage of his convictions?

Thats exactly what I was getting at.

Of course there's no evidence to say he's lying, apart from it being "obvious" thats what happened.
This kneeling down protest on 22:11 - Sep 26 with 4213 viewsphact0rri

This kneeling down protest on 17:40 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

Complete inaction?

And yes, he has thanked the USA, and specifically Trump.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/breaking-puerto-rico-gov-rossello-gratef

Didn't stop that CNN idiot from making up lies and even groundlessly throwing out the race card, the old favorite tactic of the Left.

That infographic doesn't seem to be very much and it includes the work of non profits that come from donations... as for government aid 2 navy and six coast guard ships. Look at what is happening here verses mainland catastrophes. They are part of the US!

And I love how you keep mentioning CNN as though anyone actually watches the station. I think their viewership is probably kept afloat by masochistic Conservatives.

as to the article i saw this "Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello said on Monday he is “very grateful” to President Donald Trump and praised the response by the federal government to the catastrophic damage caused to the U.S. territory by Hurricane Maria."

But with the amount of quoted material I didn't see it replicated anywhere. only that they need help. I couldn't find a direct quote *shrugs* Its not overly important. Because we both know looking at the situation that the US government could care less about Puerto Rico.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 22:27]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

This kneeling down protest on 23:03 - Sep 26 with 4185 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 22:11 - Sep 26 by phact0rri

That infographic doesn't seem to be very much and it includes the work of non profits that come from donations... as for government aid 2 navy and six coast guard ships. Look at what is happening here verses mainland catastrophes. They are part of the US!

And I love how you keep mentioning CNN as though anyone actually watches the station. I think their viewership is probably kept afloat by masochistic Conservatives.

as to the article i saw this "Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello said on Monday he is “very grateful” to President Donald Trump and praised the response by the federal government to the catastrophic damage caused to the U.S. territory by Hurricane Maria."

But with the amount of quoted material I didn't see it replicated anywhere. only that they need help. I couldn't find a direct quote *shrugs* Its not overly important. Because we both know looking at the situation that the US government could care less about Puerto Rico.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 22:27]

And then, there's this:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article175

3:10 p.m.

The federal government will pick up 100 percent of the costs of for debris removal and other emergency assistance provided to Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.

US States like Florida and Texas aren't even getting 100% of the cleanup costs covered by the feds. This should be big news, but it will get swept under the rug by the MSM, because it doesn't fit the narrative that Trump hates brown people.

This kneeling down protest on 04:42 - Sep 27 with 4119 viewsphact0rri

This kneeling down protest on 23:03 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

And then, there's this:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article175

3:10 p.m.

The federal government will pick up 100 percent of the costs of for debris removal and other emergency assistance provided to Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.

US States like Florida and Texas aren't even getting 100% of the cleanup costs covered by the feds. This should be big news, but it will get swept under the rug by the MSM, because it doesn't fit the narrative that Trump hates brown people.

yet the five living US presidents are kickstarting funds to help Puerto Rico?

But it is good if they are actually helping now. Of course I'm sure bad publicirty and urging of those around him didn't help at all.

As to him hating POC? its pretty obvious this. He can't get impeached soon enough.

This kneeling down protest on 09:09 - Sep 27 with 4073 viewswhoflungdung

Amusing?

I can think of many adjectives to describe Donny Darko but amusing ain't one of them

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

This kneeling down protest on 13:43 - Sep 27 with 3992 viewsJackSomething

This kneeling down protest on 21:18 - Sep 26 by exiledclaseboy

The mental gymnastics the US right is having to perform to justify the unjustifiable when it comes to trump and his ridiculous unsuitability for the office he holds are amazing and amusing.

Tummer's post just above yours is a fantastic example of the kind of mental gymnastics you describe.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

This kneeling down protest on 13:55 - Sep 27 with 3982 viewsexiledclaseboy

This kneeling down protest on 13:43 - Sep 27 by JackSomething

Tummer's post just above yours is a fantastic example of the kind of mental gymnastics you describe.

It was what prompted me to say it.

Poll: Tory leader

This kneeling down protest on 14:28 - Sep 27 with 3965 viewsphact0rri

This kneeling down protest on 21:18 - Sep 26 by exiledclaseboy

I would say in all fairness, that there has been some rightous members of the right who actively appose trump, hate his views and feel like hes an embarrassment to the party and the government. I think for most proper statesmen, following the party programme is not easy right now because the man is completely daft. If it wasn't costing lives, destroying families, and causing the country I live in to implode-- I'd find it quite funny.

Seriously hating trump has nothing to do with party lines or politics (I think both parties in the US are pretty much crap) its one thing that brings together pretty much everyone but members of the KKK.

This kneeling down protest on 14:41 - Sep 27 with 3950 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 14:25 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

I claimed "I get it" because I saw JTAK?

I was a supporter for years by then, and had been on this board for several months before it came out on DVD.

Hell, I might have even been the first person that saw the film on this side of the Atlantic, thanks to a pirated copy I got from a someone I met on this board, immediately when it came out. So I "got it" long before that, and I'm not sure why you'd think I said that about myself. But OK.

And I'm not judging the people who don't stand for the anthem. I already said I don't have any problem with them, or even people who burn the flag. America is about the freedom to do that. Trump had previously indicated that he got that, and it's been disappointing to see him contradict that.

I should have used 'one' rather than 'you'.

The only remark I've made on the subject is one can't claim to get it when one has watched JTAK.

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to you commenting previously that the new owners 'get it' because they've watched JTAK. That's the only time I've mentioned anything about people not understanding.

But that's a digression isn't it.

The point that is relevant is that a bloke stood for the anthem, prominently in front of his team mates. As a result a whole bunch of people that in the main could be called Trump supporters, went out and bought the bloke's shirt. The bloke then gave an interview saying it was a mistake. As a result, and for fear of looking really quite stupid, the Trump supporters now claim that he's been pressured into apologising.

It's a strange contradiction that on one day they believe him to be capable of an heroic stance, able to stand apart despite peer pressure, and bugger the consequences, and on the next day, the same people believe him to be cowed by the same peer pressure and in fear of his job but it's a contradiction that seems to have escaped them.

Doesn't surprise me. Most are very, very stupid.
This kneeling down protest on 15:13 - Sep 27 with 3927 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 14:41 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

I should have used 'one' rather than 'you'.

The only remark I've made on the subject is one can't claim to get it when one has watched JTAK.

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to you commenting previously that the new owners 'get it' because they've watched JTAK. That's the only time I've mentioned anything about people not understanding.

But that's a digression isn't it.

The point that is relevant is that a bloke stood for the anthem, prominently in front of his team mates. As a result a whole bunch of people that in the main could be called Trump supporters, went out and bought the bloke's shirt. The bloke then gave an interview saying it was a mistake. As a result, and for fear of looking really quite stupid, the Trump supporters now claim that he's been pressured into apologising.

It's a strange contradiction that on one day they believe him to be capable of an heroic stance, able to stand apart despite peer pressure, and bugger the consequences, and on the next day, the same people believe him to be cowed by the same peer pressure and in fear of his job but it's a contradiction that seems to have escaped them.

Doesn't surprise me. Most are very, very stupid.

Tell ew what would be funny,if the English Premier League decided that GSTQ was to be sung before all home games of every club in the EPL.

I’d piss myself.
Trample would have a conary.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This kneeling down protest on 15:35 - Sep 27 with 3922 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 04:42 - Sep 27 by phact0rri

yet the five living US presidents are kickstarting funds to help Puerto Rico?

But it is good if they are actually helping now. Of course I'm sure bad publicirty and urging of those around him didn't help at all.

As to him hating POC? its pretty obvious this. He can't get impeached soon enough.

You've gone on and on - both in this thread, and another, apparently - about how Trump has done nothing for Puerto Rico. After my initial attempts to tell you that the Puerto Rican governor was quite happy with, and complimentary of, the USA's efforts were met with your skepticism, I give you concrete proof that 1) this is true about the governor, and 2) Trump's actions have in fact been unusual and extraordinary by even the USA's standards.

So now that we've reached this conclusion, your reply is simply:

1) Then why are others also trying to help as private individuals? (This is asinine and irrelevant. Private donations are always going to be needed for natural disasters of this scale, no matter what the US government does, just like they were in Texas, Florida, etc.)

2) Trump must be motivated by bad publicity and his advisors, since this doesn't fit your preconceived notions. Yeah, Trump clearly is the type to worry about bad publicity.

Ya know, it wouldn't kill you to just admit you were wrong.

But again, you're not going to hear about any of this in the MSM either, even though paying 100% of the cleanup costs is a very newsworthy topic. It just doesn't fit their narrative of the President as a complete racist, and they clearly have the same character flaw as you, which Trump has exposed.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 15:43]

This kneeling down protest on 15:42 - Sep 27 with 3915 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 15:35 - Sep 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

You've gone on and on - both in this thread, and another, apparently - about how Trump has done nothing for Puerto Rico. After my initial attempts to tell you that the Puerto Rican governor was quite happy with, and complimentary of, the USA's efforts were met with your skepticism, I give you concrete proof that 1) this is true about the governor, and 2) Trump's actions have in fact been unusual and extraordinary by even the USA's standards.

So now that we've reached this conclusion, your reply is simply:

1) Then why are others also trying to help as private individuals? (This is asinine and irrelevant. Private donations are always going to be needed for natural disasters of this scale, no matter what the US government does, just like they were in Texas, Florida, etc.)

2) Trump must be motivated by bad publicity and his advisors, since this doesn't fit your preconceived notions. Yeah, Trump clearly is the type to worry about bad publicity.

Ya know, it wouldn't kill you to just admit you were wrong.

But again, you're not going to hear about any of this in the MSM either, even though paying 100% of the cleanup costs is a very newsworthy topic. It just doesn't fit their narrative of the President as a complete racist, and they clearly have the same character flaw as you, which Trump has exposed.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 15:43]

he is a bit of a racist though Tummer.
This kneeling down protest on 15:43 - Sep 27 with 3915 viewsswanjackal

This kneeling down protest on 15:13 - Sep 27 by Darran

Tell ew what would be funny,if the English Premier League decided that GSTQ was to be sung before all home games of every club in the EPL.

I’d piss myself.

"Ah, Miss Moneypenny"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

This kneeling down protest on 15:58 - Sep 27 with 3898 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 15:13 - Sep 27 by Darran

I’d piss myself.

As I understand it, them doing it in America is very recent and as the result of a payment to the league for their 'patriotism'.

One thing I wouldn't be at all surprised by, is a player scoring a goal and 'taking a knee'. Not at all surprised.

If we played GSTQ before our matches it would just mean the torrent of boos would start approximately half an hour earlier than happened on Saturday.
This kneeling down protest on 16:01 - Sep 27 with 3893 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 15:58 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

As I understand it, them doing it in America is very recent and as the result of a payment to the league for their 'patriotism'.

One thing I wouldn't be at all surprised by, is a player scoring a goal and 'taking a knee'. Not at all surprised.

If we played GSTQ before our matches it would just mean the torrent of boos would start approximately half an hour earlier than happened on Saturday.

How recent? I remember Cheap Trick doing the anthem at one game and that was quite a few years ago.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 16:01]

This kneeling down protest on 16:01 - Sep 27 with 3893 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 15:58 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

We've been playing our national anthem at every sporting event since l've been alive, even at the high school level.

Apparently, it's the requiring NFL players to stand for it that's recent, though I don't ever remember them not doing it anyway.

This kneeling down protest on 16:02 - Sep 27 with 3887 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 16:01 - Sep 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

We've been playing our national anthem at every sporting event since l've been alive, even at the high school level.

Apparently, it's the requiring NFL players to stand for it that's recent, though I don't ever remember them not doing it anyway.

So Lisa's wrong then? 👀

This kneeling down protest on 16:04 - Sep 27 with 3885 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 16:01 - Sep 27 by Darran

How recent? I remember Cheap Trick doing the anthem at one game and that was quite a few years ago.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 16:01]

No idea. Just saw an article saying that it started about 10 years ago or whatever.

Perhaps it's that they used to play it but before the players come onto the field? I know that they pay the teams now to stand there for the anthem.
This kneeling down protest on 16:11 - Sep 27 with 3874 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 16:01 - Sep 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

You play it a lot, that's for sure.

Lot of people fly a flag as well, I've always noticed when I am in the States. Bizarrely, the poorer the area, the more flags.

I just checked the article that I saw - it's that they used to play it before any players were on the field apparently. They get millions now to stand. Odd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024