Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VPN 14:43 - Sep 27 with 11619 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Does anyone pay for one these services if so who are you with? are they easy to use? Is it worth the cost to you?
VPN on 14:45 - Sep 27 with 9236 viewsSmellyplumz

Main ones are easy to use and normally come with an app to download. Expect to pay 40-80 quid a year for one.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

VPN on 15:43 - Sep 27 with 9171 viewsunion_jack

IPVanish

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

VPN on 15:47 - Sep 27 with 9166 viewsswanjackal

Use opera browser...has its own multi region inbuilt VPN as a pc browser, and a seperate VPN add on for mobile. And it's free.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 15:51]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

VPN on 15:57 - Sep 27 with 9151 viewsmacthejack

IP Vanish and Nord are supposed to be the best two. I believe you can sign up for a 2 year deal which works out at under £2.50 per month with Nord.
VPN on 16:41 - Sep 27 with 9101 viewslonglostjack

I use SurfEasy

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

VPN on 17:04 - Sep 27 with 9066 viewsLandore_Jack

Private Internet Access.

#backtojack

VPN on 17:18 - Sep 27 with 9045 viewsmonmouth

VPN on 15:47 - Sep 27 by swanjackal

Use opera browser...has its own multi region inbuilt VPN as a pc browser, and a seperate VPN add on for mobile. And it's free.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 15:51]

It had a bad name for leaking up addresses for a long time, as it was just a proxy, or something. I tested it the other day though, and it certainly gave a basic protection. So for a single browser protection I think it's ok. Any techie view?

I wouldn't bother with free ones otherwise personally. From what I've been told, they either deliberately interrupt you to refresh them (to advertise their paid version) or, much worse, collect and sell your searches - basically there's no free lunch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

VPN on 17:25 - Sep 27 with 9033 viewsDr_Winston

Have used PIA for about three years with no problems at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

VPN on 17:32 - Sep 27 with 9024 viewsphact0rri

VPN on 17:04 - Sep 27 by Landore_Jack

Private Internet Access.

THIS.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

VPN on 17:36 - Sep 27 with 9013 viewslifelong

Can you use Flawless with a VPN?

Thought I heard somewhere that you can't.
VPN on 18:14 - Sep 27 with 8964 viewsphact0rri

VPN on 17:36 - Sep 27 by lifelong

Not sure if this helps, but as far as my experience goes, there are two majority ways in which VPN will cause problems.

1) the web service has blocked one of a string of IP addresses from the VPN. Some sites will block abusive IPs. Others don't want to deal with it and block all known VPN IPs.. EG: BBC

2) The web service denies encrypted connections. A VPN has a simple job. it encrypts your data between you and the destination host. Thus its pretty obvious to most people your using it. And its also not hard to just ban any connection that is running through an open key. EG: Netflix

For those curious about the magic of VPN https://www.techjunkie.com/how-does-vpn-work/

VPN on 18:15 - Sep 27 with 8961 viewsjojaca

IP vanish works good with Sony Android TV.

Even when you know, you never know?

VPN on 18:39 - Sep 27 with 8915 viewsAnotherJohn

I use the paid-for HMA, but not impressed with the speed - it doesn't really solve the Sportsmania problem (still suffers freezes).
VPN on 18:51 - Sep 27 with 8888 viewsJackfath

VPN on 17:36 - Sep 27 by lifelong

Apparently you don't need a VPN with Flawless.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

VPN on 18:51 - Sep 27 with 8888 viewsmonmouth

VPN on 18:39 - Sep 27 by AnotherJohn

I use the paid-for HMA, but not impressed with the speed - it doesn't really solve the Sportsmania problem (still suffers freezes).

In my experience Sportsmania does work well on the Opera browser with the free VPN.

VPN on 19:24 - Sep 27 with 8832 viewsJango

VPN on 18:51 - Sep 27 by Jackfath

Apparently you don't need a VPN with Flawless.

Ye that's correct. I spoke with an admin and he told me that they have their own built in or something along those lines. If you do have a vpn you can send them your details and they will add it for you
VPN on 19:29 - Sep 27 with 8820 viewsSmellyplumz

Better still get a vpn loaded router to protect all of your connections.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

VPN on 10:12 - Sep 29 with 8524 viewsDafyddHuw

VPN on 19:29 - Sep 27 by Smellyplumz

Psiphon3

Free and secure.
VPN on 11:31 - Sep 29 with 8486 viewsjojaca

VPN on 18:51 - Sep 27 by monmouth

In my experience Sportsmania does work well on the Opera browser with the free VPN.

It did not work for me, ended up having to pay for one.

Even when you know, you never know?

VPN on 16:08 - Sep 29 with 8412 viewsSTID2017

VPN on 10:12 - Sep 29 by DafyddHuw

Psiphon3

Free and secure.

How does it work on the router.
I am with Virgin
Can see the option on Psiphon to download onto Windows or Android, but how do I protect all users of my network ?
Do I have to download individually?
Will it work on Firestick ?
Is there a God ?
Will Swans win the PL one day ?
Sorry got carried away !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

VPN on 17:10 - Sep 29 with 8371 viewsphact0rri

VPN on 19:29 - Sep 27 by Smellyplumz

you don't want a baked client imho, as that reduces your VPN options. And as long as your router can establish a WAN connection you should be able to connect to a VPN from router side.

VPN on 18:03 - Sep 29 with 8345 viewsDafyddHuw

VPN on 16:08 - Sep 29 by STID2017

How does it work on the router.
I am with Virgin
Can see the option on Psiphon to download onto Windows or Android, but how do I protect all users of my network ?
Do I have to download individually?
Will it work on Firestick ?
Is there a God ?
Will Swans win the PL one day ?
Sorry got carried away !

Eerm...dunno

I use it on my llaptop when I want to do naughty things and let anyone who may be spying on me think I'm in another part of the world.

That's about as tehnical as my spec gets. Works lovely though.
VPN on 18:12 - Sep 29 with 8336 viewsmonmouth

VPN on 17:10 - Sep 29 by phact0rri

you don't want a baked client imho, as that reduces your VPN options. And as long as your router can establish a WAN connection you should be able to connect to a VPN from router side.

What language is that please?

VPN on 18:18 - Sep 29 with 8331 viewsDafyddHuw

VPN on 18:12 - Sep 29 by monmouth

What language is that please?

Alabamese
VPN on 18:39 - Sep 29 with 8322 viewsSmellyplumz

VPN on 17:10 - Sep 29 by phact0rri

I always bake my clients love, gas mark 7 usually.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024