Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big name artists you have seen live 19:21 - Sep 30 with 19752 viewscentrestandswan

Not a competition, just be interesting to see people's top musical experiences .
I'll kick off with James Brown, Marvin Gaye,Dylan,Cohen and Ry Cooder that will do.There are more.Oh and Clapton.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Big name artists you have seen live on 19:25 - Sep 30 with 3847 viewsdickythorpe

Charlie Chaplin
Big name artists you have seen live on 19:47 - Sep 30 with 3827 viewsFieryJack

Velvet Underground, The Fall, The Ruts, Leo Kottke, Thieving Lloyd Cole, Trembling Knees, U2 (in a Northamptonshire pub before they were famous, and Bono's head barely fitted through the door, even then!)
Big name artists you have seen live on 19:50 - Sep 30 with 3816 viewsWarwickHunt

Big name artists you have seen live on 19:47 - Sep 30 by FieryJack

Velvet Underground, The Fall, The Ruts, Leo Kottke, Thieving Lloyd Cole, Trembling Knees, U2 (in a Northamptonshire pub before they were famous, and Bono's head barely fitted through the door, even then!)

Leo Kottke was a support act at the Patti c. 1972...

Fine guitarist though.

Plum lived two doors down from me when I was a kid.
Big name artists you have seen live on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 3804 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is going to turn into a big debate about who’s “big name” and who isn’t. Normal people who like music with no pretensions on the one side, serious “musos” who think they’re awesome because they listen to 1930s Rockabilly and once played rhythm in a covers band in the Cardiff Arms circa 1989 on the other.

Poll: Tory leader

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:03 - Sep 30 with 3786 viewslifelong

Ken Dodd, Matt Monro and Billy Fury.
Big name artists you have seen live on 20:04 - Sep 30 with 3783 viewsdickythorpe

And "someone" will post pics of tickets they've got from 1965 showing acts before they were famous playing well down the bill in establishments that have either long gone or absurdly ridiculous.....23rd Oct 1956 live at Port Talbot Sea farers mission" Elvin Parsley"
Big name artists you have seen live on 20:10 - Sep 30 with 3770 viewsexiledclaseboy

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:04 - Sep 30 by dickythorpe

And "someone" will post pics of tickets they've got from 1965 showing acts before they were famous playing well down the bill in establishments that have either long gone or absurdly ridiculous.....23rd Oct 1956 live at Port Talbot Sea farers mission" Elvin Parsley"

I saw the Manics in Cardiff Uni months before Generation Terrorists was released. 100 “muso circle jerk” points for me.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 20:12]

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:17 - Sep 30 with 3760 viewsGowerjack

In no particular order

Metallica
Paul McCartney
Elbow
The Jam
The Manics
The Who
Dolly Parton
Roger Waters
Dexys
The Squirts
Paul Weller
George Clinton
Robert Plant
Yoko Ono
Elvis Costello
Burt Bacharah
Squeeze
REM
David Bowie
De La Soul
Frank Zappa
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 20:19]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:20 - Sep 30 with 3752 viewsJackfath

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:17 - Sep 30 by Gowerjack

In no particular order

Metallica
Paul McCartney
Elbow
The Jam
The Manics
The Who
Dolly Parton
Roger Waters
Dexys
The Squirts
Paul Weller
George Clinton
Robert Plant
Yoko Ono
Elvis Costello
Burt Bacharah
Squeeze
REM
David Bowie
De La Soul
Frank Zappa

Wow

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:25 - Sep 30 with 3745 viewslifelong

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:17 - Sep 30 by Gowerjack

In no particular order

Metallica
Paul McCartney
Elbow
The Jam
The Manics
The Who
Dolly Parton
Roger Waters
Dexys
The Squirts
Paul Weller
George Clinton
Robert Plant
Yoko Ono
Elvis Costello
Burt Bacharah
Squeeze
REM
David Bowie
De La Soul
Frank Zappa

Alvin Stardust in the Glen in Llanelli.
Big name artists you have seen live on 20:26 - Sep 30 with 3744 viewsdickythorpe

I was told that in the mid 60's Carew Castle used to have a music festival. By all accounts a group played and everyone really like them got talking to them and wished them well. A year or two later they became Pink Floyd.
I like this story as I think they were called Sigma 6 back then and an old boy from Carew still calls them that
Big name artists you have seen live on 20:40 - Sep 30 with 3727 viewsWarwickHunt

Big name artists you have seen live on 19:57 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

This is going to turn into a big debate about who’s “big name” and who isn’t. Normal people who like music with no pretensions on the one side, serious “musos” who think they’re awesome because they listen to 1930s Rockabilly and once played rhythm in a covers band in the Cardiff Arms circa 1989 on the other.

Rockabilly didn't exist in the 1930s. Stick to Queen, kiddo.
Big name artists you have seen live on 20:41 - Sep 30 with 3720 viewsDr_Winston

Ranka Chanka.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:48 - Sep 30 with 3709 viewsLeonWasGod

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:20 - Sep 30 by Jackfath

Wow

Never heard of them. Do you mean Bow Wow Wow?

Springsteen probably the biggest name I've seen

But also lots of metal & rock back in the day:
Maiden (lots)
AC/DC
Guns n Roses (the original)
Faith no More
Green Day
Def Leppard (sh*t)
Whitesnake
Saxon!
And more I've forgotten

Manics
Stereophonics
Carter USM

And to top it off....

D Ream 😂
Big name artists you have seen live on 20:56 - Sep 30 with 3698 viewsNeath_Jack

Jamo
Jez
Lomas
Saxon

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:58 - Sep 30 with 3692 viewsItchySphincter

Big name artists you have seen live on 19:57 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah, but you're disqualified.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:59 - Sep 30 with 3691 viewsWingstandwood

Don't want to be seen as being one to blow my own trumpet, please see me to be of modest type and not a person wishing to get one over individuals on here!....................Billy Bragg in Penyrheol!

Argus!

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:01 - Sep 30 with 3681 viewsDarran

I saw Pink Floyd, Cliff Richard & The Shadows, Tears for Fears, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Robert Plant (with Jimmy Page), Status Quo and Phil Collins (with Genesis) all in the same day.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:02 - Sep 30 with 3683 viewsexiledclaseboy

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:40 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

Rockabilly didn't exist in the 1930s. Stick to Queen, kiddo.

And Warwick wins the muso circle jerk. Disappointing

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:02 - Sep 30 with 3680 viewsexiledclaseboy

Big name artists you have seen live on 20:58 - Sep 30 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, but you're disqualified.

Thank gawd for that.

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:05 - Sep 30 with 3670 viewsWarwickHunt

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:02 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

And Warwick wins the muso circle jerk. Disappointing

It's a badge I wear with some pride.
Big name artists you have seen live on 21:08 - Sep 30 with 3659 viewsexiledclaseboy

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:05 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

It's a badge I wear with some pride.

You wear it well.

Rod Stewart earns me another 50 muso circle jerk points. Still well behind The Gower Jack and his long list.

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:08 - Sep 30 with 3659 viewsFlashberryjack

Led Zep
Fleetwood mack
Pink Floyd

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:10 - Sep 30 with 3647 viewsexiledclaseboy

Squeeze are in Pontardawe tonight. Right now in fact. We had tickets but couldn’t go. One of my all time favourite bands and always good value live. Great songs, good fun.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:13]

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:12 - Sep 30 with 3643 viewsWarwickHunt

Big name artists you have seen live on 21:10 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

Squeeze are in Pontardawe tonight. Right now in fact. We had tickets but couldn’t go. One of my all time favourite bands and always good value live. Great songs, good fun.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:13]

Akwats. Hello, Perch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024