Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some notable stats from yesterday 11:42 - Oct 1 with 1718 viewsTheResurrection

Most amount of touches:

1. Naughton ------- 100
2. Sanches ----------- 90
#3. Carroll/Fede ---- 73
6. Jordan Ayew ----- 53

Much to the dismay of many of the mugs on here, arguably Naughts was our MoM yesterday. Sanches probably the only one to run him close and in fairness to the young Portuguese he didn't shy away from the ball and a bloody good involvement and game overall from him. Carroll, also not afraid to get on the ball for us and tried.

Ayew is in this bit because of the below.

Passes made: ----------------- Pass Accuracy %

1. Sanches --------- 67 --------------- 88.1
2. Fede --------------65 --------------- 83.1
3. Naughton ------- 63 -------------- 74.6
4. Carroll ----------- 58 -------------- 84.5
7. Leon ------------- 33 --------------- 97.0
8. J Ayew ----------- 32 --------------- 100
10 Mesa ------------ 22 --------------- 88.1

While we are lacking this cutting edge which has been obvious and has blighted us for a few seasons now, it's just as important we have players who want to get on the ball, and ideally do something with it.

Naughts did well yesterday and was involved throughout. In fairness to him he's been pretty decent all season and very much forms part of a solid platform. Defence isn't our problem but Clement should make Fede Captain and be done with it, I hope he hasn't not given it to him this week for the comments made. That would be weak management and childish.

Carroll gets on the ball and moves it quickly, he's a bit lightweight but the stick he got yesterday wasn't justified. Second or third most involved i.e. the bravest to be on the ball and good overall stats.

We know we get a nice easy linking game from Leon and his 33 passes out of an attempted 34 shows a) his accuracy but b) his safer game.

Mesa who was on the pitch for 46 minutes less than Leon made just 11 passes less in his short time. He made 22 passes out of an attempted 25 which shows a) he's more involved in the game and b) he's willing to push the boat out a bit with a pass.

We facking need this. I said an hour before the game yesterday that not picking him was an absolute disgrace. If it is his attitude or being too cocky, I don't care, we need him to get a run of games and start running the show for us. There's a creative player in him that Clement is just dousing with water.

Man of the Match against Reading and Watford and STILL he drops him. Big facking questions need asking of Clement about him this week and no more of the bullshit about facking adapting.

We can ALL see he's adapted well enough to the EPL in the tiny amount of games he's been picked to play in. Yes, he may switch off here and there but he's not going to get sharper sat in the West facking stand. Shameful Clement.

Lastly, Ayew, fair play, wow. 32 passes out of 32 tried and in his position is something of note indeed. He did well yesterday but he's waiting to form part of a flowing, functioning unit and not one that stutters and gets a nose bleed when they see the oppositions penalty box.

It's all eyes on Clement and until he picks the right players and then allows them to play he's going to drown in his own self inflicted, boring, mess.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 12:09]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Some notable stats from yesterday on 11:57 - Oct 1 with 1646 viewsDarran

Here's another notable stat.

Goals ......... Scored
1. West Ham ..... 1
2. Swansea ....... 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:01 - Oct 1 with 1642 viewsTheResurrection

Some notable stats from yesterday on 11:57 - Oct 1 by Darran

Goals ......... Scored
1. West Ham ..... 1
2. Swansea ....... 0

That is just about all you've got to offer anything football related.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:09 - Oct 1 with 1591 viewsDarran

Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:01 - Oct 1 by TheResurrection

That is just about all you've got to offer anything football related.

I'm not box office see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:13 - Oct 1 with 1575 viewsNeathJack

Ayew certainly did something of note.

Wow indeed.

Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:18 - Oct 1 with 1552 viewsDafyddHuw

Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:09 - Oct 1 by Darran

I'm not box office see.

Top come-back.
Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:22 - Oct 1 with 1539 viewscostalotta

I don't think anyone can dispute the platform we have to build on. It's just whether we have the right ingredients to add to that platform in order to get a tune out of our forwards. None of our MF can be considered 'attacking' or 'creative'. Now, IMO we've been here before when we first arrived in the EPL. But what we did have then was a plan and a method. We also had wingers. It seems that at this moment we only have part of a plan, no method and no wingers.

To get the best out of our attackers we need to get the ball to them in part of the pitch where they can hurt the opposition. Our current MF setup is just not going to do that no matter how much anyone believes it. Its just not got that in its locker. Ki might help, Mesa will certainly help in part of that but if we go without central creativity then we need to stretch the opposition. We can only do that with pace and wingers.

Who can play that role, in a 4231 or 433. Well, Dyer can, but has he still got it? Possibly Ayew, if we can get him to understand that role. He's no 'proper' 10 for sure. Possibly Tammy. But then thats all eggs in one basket. No back up as it were.

Truth is, another summer has hurt us. Not so much the goings out but the lack of quality and the 'right' players coming in. No problem with Bony, Tammy or Mesa here. They were certainly needed. But we have to get them the ball in the right areas, and we needed a player or two who could do that.Its going to be a slog to get to Xmas and hopefully we can sort the lack of this type of player. If we do, I'm sure well be fine. Im also sure that all the others parts (players) will then click and we may then be able to move forward with optimism.
Some notable stats from yesterday on 13:10 - Oct 1 with 1413 viewsploppy

Some notable stats from yesterday on 11:57 - Oct 1 by Darran

Goals ......... Scored
1. West Ham ..... 1
2. Swansea ....... 0

It's the ultimate stat, of course. But as an analysis of players' performance, it's useless.
Some notable stats from yesterday on 13:23 - Oct 1 with 1361 viewsGeoffThom

Unfortunately you can cal up all the stats you want ,the only ones that concern me are the 1 shot on goal and the end result ,you want stats look at the season so far on goals scored goals conceded and shots on target then get the points tally up ,that should give you all you need
Login to get fewer ads

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:01 - Oct 1 with 1275 viewsTheResurrection

Some notable stats from yesterday on 12:13 - Oct 1 by NeathJack

Ayew certainly did something of note.

Wow indeed.

He has a tendency to hang onto to the ball a little, probably because he doesn't want to waste a pass or hit and hope. I like that in a player. Nothing worse than seeing aimless shots or crosses just for the sake of it.

Every pass he made met its target, that's impressive from a number 10.

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:12 - Oct 1 with 1236 viewsmagicdaps10

Ayew biggest problem is that he holds on to the ball for far too long.

There were times yesterday there was a pass on but decided to hold onto it......only to get robbed of it seconds later.

A good player but a selfish player all the same.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:42 - Oct 1 with 1157 viewsNeathJack

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:01 - Oct 1 by TheResurrection

He has a tendency to hang onto to the ball a little, probably because he doesn't want to waste a pass or hit and hope. I like that in a player. Nothing worse than seeing aimless shots or crosses just for the sake of it.

On the contrary, I would say that the fact a no.10 has a 100% pass accuracy highlights the problem of us being far too safe with the ball and shows the lack of creativeness and imagination in our play.

Any no.10 worth his salt would be expected to turn over possession a number of times simply through trying to create something that would obviously not always come off.

The handbrake has to come off.
Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:44 - Oct 1 with 1151 viewsTheResurrection

Some notable stats from yesterday on 13:23 - Oct 1 by GeoffThom

Unfortunately you can cal up all the stats you want ,the only ones that concern me are the 1 shot on goal and the end result ,you want stats look at the season so far on goals scored goals conceded and shots on target then get the points tally up ,that should give you all you need

What about the stat of Clement giving clear instructions to not commit players into areas we could be exposed immediately afterwards if a move breaks down?

Or not attacking in numbers?

Or not understanding that if you set up narrow, like he apparently wants, you're less likely to get in behind a team and create better chances?

I was informed during the Summer he doesn't like wide players which was like a smack in the face hearing it. I'm wondering where he would play Chadli if we'd got him, on the right in a 4-3-3 I would guess.

But anyway, you can be pithy, or just old fashioned as you want when it comes to stats but they give the truest representation of the game - the facts.

Ayew got dispossessed a lot, but he didn't misplace a pass - they are the facts, so what can we learn from that in the next game?

Mesa gets on the ball A LOT and is willing to try that something a bit different i.e. more likely to look for a defence splitting pass, be that the first set of their banks or possibly even the back line.

He is the most obvious player to make the biggest change in our play and increase our fortunes but Clement is being an absolute, stubborn tvvat about picking him - even after MoM performances. This has to change and we need to see if he can improve us - he deserves a run, I'm sure 99% would agree?

Bony was good yesterday, him dropping off into that higher midfield area can turn a defence and we can be running at their back line, but he'll need supporting players who have the freedom to get alongside him or into the box.

Sanches's stats pretty much backed up the improved display. I'm sure Fat Neath will go out of his way to find something negative, but for the rest of us, he's clearly improving and can play a big part. He's settling in, learning about the players around him and the league and he's getting better.

We have a good spine. Fab, our 2 centre halves who were excellent yesterday, Mesa, Bony. That's a massive positive.

We just need to be a little more brave and work on different things on the training ground.

For now and after yesterday, the tinkering will continue, we could see how a 4-3-3 would work at home v Huddersfield:

------------------- Fab --------------------

Naughts -- Fede -- Maws -- Olsson

Sanches ------- Mesa -------- Carroll

Ayew ----------- Bony -------- Tammy

Tammy on the left coming in on his right, a bit like Siggy did last season with the same freedom to come centrally and get in the box and sniff out chances. There's an argument for the 3 up top to get another chance.

Or back to a 4-2-3-1 which has served us so well when we've enjoyed our football:

------------------- Fab --------------------

Naughts -- Fede -- Maws -- Olsson

---------- Mesa ------ Carroll ---------

Sanches ----- Ayew -------- Clucas

------------------ Bony -----------------

Can Dyer still offer something in a 4-2-3-1? Could Dyer fit in there instead of Clucas and interchange across the 3 a la Laudrup. I think Routs could still be useful in the middle of this. And yeah, I'm serious.

Finding our best XI is a bit of a challenge at the moment but this is the way Clement wanted us to play, narrow, diamond like, so this is a problem he's going to have to find a solution for. Playing 5 at the back should be scrapped for the foreseeable future, unless he's going to do something extraordinary and play Dyer and Clucas as wing backs but coach them beforehand and not just thrust them in with 5 minutes to go!!

But the biggest and by far the most obvious and sensible change to make would be Mesa, who more that deserves a chance and Clement should go if he refuses to play him.

Things may just start to make a bit of sense with a run of games for him.

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:46 - Oct 1 with 1137 viewsTheResurrection

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:42 - Oct 1 by NeathJack

On the contrary, I would say that the fact a no.10 has a 100% pass accuracy highlights the problem of us being far too safe with the ball and shows the lack of creativeness and imagination in our play.

Any no.10 worth his salt would be expected to turn over possession a number of times simply through trying to create something that would obviously not always come off.

Wont argue too much with that, I'd say there's an element for both arguments. But if there's nothing on around, trying to force it is a complete waste of time.

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:51 - Oct 1 with 1127 viewsjack247

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:12 - Oct 1 by magicdaps10

Ayew biggest problem is that he holds on to the ball for far too long.

There were times yesterday there was a pass on but decided to hold onto it......only to get robbed of it seconds later.

A good player but a selfish player all the same.

He has a tendency to play with his head down a bit. 100% pass completion is sensational given the role he was playing, but he does miss opportunities to play passes because he isn't always aware of players in good positions around him.

Having said that, the team are playing under instructions not to lose shape or position above all else anyway, so the chances of someone bursting into space for him are pretty limited.

I don't think Ayew, Bony or Tammy in isolation are the problem (although Tammy wasn't at the races yesterday), it's the disconnect between them and the defensive seven. The frustrating thing for me is it shouldn't take much coaching to get a tune out of the players we've got. Put Ayew and Sanches in between Mesa and Bony, tell them to get in and around Bony and make bursts off his hold up play.
Some notable stats from yesterday on 15:09 - Oct 1 with 1051 viewscostalotta

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:01 - Oct 1 by TheResurrection

Nah can't agree with all of that. Whats worse is a player who cannot see the pass, which to be honest he doesn't all of the time. I am not having a dig just a difference of opinion.

I don't think he is a number 10 and agree with the aimless pass observation. If he is 10, he lacks the football intelligence to play that role IMO of course. To be fair though he does put in a shift most games and i do like him. I just wish he'd use his quick, beat the man then make the pass with the overload in place. I you know what i mean.
Some notable stats from yesterday on 15:57 - Oct 1 with 959 viewsLeonWasGod

Or in other words, Naughton saw more of the ball but did less with it than anyone else (lowest pass completion rate). [Whistle]
Some notable stats from yesterday on 16:00 - Oct 1 with 949 viewsLeonWasGod

Some notable stats from yesterday on 14:42 - Oct 1 by NeathJack

This.

If Ayew's a natural number 10 then I'm Catherine Zeta Jones. He's ok as a squad player, but nothing out of the ordinary at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024