Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent 09:42 - Oct 2 with 7376 viewsswancity

And all of that can be resolved. Balance of the team is wrong. It's not rocket science, it's football so it's relatively easy to remedy the obvious problems

But it will take the manager to change his own beliefs and ideas which is the hardest thing of all to remedy. If he doesn't I'm afraid it's good night from him soon.

It's a bit like a Paulo Sousa team now, being stifled by strict defensive formations and strategies to the detriment of attacking flair. Get the balance right, get the shackles off soon and we will be ok as I think we have the players to get us moving up the League.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent (n/t) on 10:24 - Oct 2 with 5726 viewsswan65split

In other words we are shyte at the moment with this style.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 10:25]
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 11:38 - Oct 2 with 5648 viewsJFSwan

Lack of width isn't a problem for team without wide players. Its tactical.
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 13:02 - Oct 2 with 5586 viewsAguycalledJack

It’s the formation that stinks at the moment.

For as long as I have Been watching the swans we are crap when we try to go defensive.

Attack is the best form of defence. Why invite pressure.
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 13:56 - Oct 2 with 5506 viewsswancity

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 13:02 - Oct 2 by AguycalledJack

It’s the formation that stinks at the moment.

For as long as I have Been watching the swans we are crap when we try to go defensive.

Attack is the best form of defence. Why invite pressure.

And it's not just as simple as the formation, if only

It's the mindset and strategy. You can play 4-4-2 for example but if you tell your full backs not to venture over the halfway line....

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 15:14 - Oct 2 with 5432 viewsJackSkellington

And we do have wingers, no matter what has been claimed a few times recently. Narsingh, Ayew and Dyer (and god forbid Routledge) are all wingers. I'd be happy to see us play Ayew on the left and Narsingh on the right with one of the others on the Bench for cover. Narsingh has pace and Ayew has technical skill, they can both beat a man. Who knows, maybe Clucas can cover left wing at a push?
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 16:53 - Oct 2 with 5353 viewsswancity

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 15:14 - Oct 2 by JackSkellington

And we do have wingers, no matter what has been claimed a few times recently. Narsingh, Ayew and Dyer (and god forbid Routledge) are all wingers. I'd be happy to see us play Ayew on the left and Narsingh on the right with one of the others on the Bench for cover. Narsingh has pace and Ayew has technical skill, they can both beat a man. Who knows, maybe Clucas can cover left wing at a push?

Agreed except Clucas. Good cover but shouldn't be in the team. Laughable at £17m that fair play.

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:13 - Oct 2 with 5332 viewsTheFranchise

Remember Laudrup's 3 wingers? Those were good times.
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:34 - Oct 2 with 5304 viewsmax936

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:13 - Oct 2 by TheFranchise

Remember Laudrup's 3 wingers? Those were good times.

Somin must have gone seriously wrong behind the scenes for him to have virtually given up on his position, lack of ambition above can do that though and looking at what's happened over these last few years you can see why.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:49 - Oct 2 with 5285 viewsTheFranchise

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:34 - Oct 2 by max936

Somin must have gone seriously wrong behind the scenes for him to have virtually given up on his position, lack of ambition above can do that though and looking at what's happened over these last few years you can see why.

Ki
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 5273 viewsmax936

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:49 - Oct 2 by TheFranchise

Ki

?

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:06 - Oct 2 with 5256 viewsTheFranchise

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 17:57 - Oct 2 by max936

?

Signed by Jenkins, maybe this first time he stuck his nose into player recruitment?
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:18 - Oct 2 with 5232 viewsicecoldjack

People keep mentioning Sousa but IMO it's nothing like it . Sousa s team kept the ball superbly well and played out from the back, we at the moment seem to hit longer and into channels more often, not recycling the ball.

Sousa's only failing for me was the fact he couldn't sign the strikers he wanted but instead ended up with sick note beatie, who Jenkins thought he was clever with by guzumping Palace and offering more wages, and Trundle who had already proven he couldn't cut it championship level.

Lets remember the slimey coont Martinez removing 45 goals out the team by taking Scotland and Gomez and leaving us with no medical staff to fix burnt out and damaged players like pratley who played injured for roberto only to see him fook off.

Sousa style of play was IMO a case of horses for courses, i think clement has had time and money to build in his own blend, it's just not all that attractive compared to what we are used to, i see clement closer to Jacket than Sousa, Sousa s other teams have played superb football, watched his Basel team totally out football Brendans Liverpool a few years back . Clement doesn't have players like Kerry Morgan and Jazz Richards, he has far better quality to work with .
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:20 - Oct 2 with 5227 viewsmax936

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:06 - Oct 2 by TheFranchise

Signed by Jenkins, maybe this first time he stuck his nose into player recruitment?

Oh aye I see what you mean now, Laudrup shipped him off to Sunderland that probably didn't go down well then we brought in the wonder striker Ngog it sort of went down the tubes after that.

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:28 - Oct 2 with 5205 viewspencoedjack

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 15:14 - Oct 2 by JackSkellington

Narsingh has looked pretty woeful since he joined & Dyer has not played a decent 90 mins for over 2 years

We have to fuk with the cock we got & I can't see it being with wingers ( unfortunately)
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:31 - Oct 2 with 5199 viewsTheFranchise

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:28 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

Narsingh has looked pretty woeful since he joined & Dyer has not played a decent 90 mins for over 2 years

We have to fuk with the cock we got & I can't see it being with wingers ( unfortunately)

Ok, I ask you one thing. Who has we had supplying the wingers?

I want to see Sanches and Mesa putting balls for the wingers instead of them coming short or worse, have Naughton overlapping them.
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 19:28 - Oct 2 with 5133 viewspencoedjack

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 18:31 - Oct 2 by TheFranchise

Ok, I ask you one thing. Who has we had supplying the wingers?

I want to see Sanches and Mesa putting balls for the wingers instead of them coming short or worse, have Naughton overlapping them.

Id love to see it fella just cant see it happening with Narsingh / Dyer.

Dyer was constantly passing the ball backwards before he went to Leicester & Narsingh has looked pretty average at best.

BTW I hope you are right & I'm wrong
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 19:54 - Oct 2 with 5097 viewsLeonWasGod

Shocking transfer window for not getting any balance in the squad. What have we got now: 8 central mids, but only 3 fullbacks and 3 wingers with no strengthening in any of the wider positions for ages? Nuts.
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:11 - Oct 2 with 5074 viewsGaryjack

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 19:28 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

Id love to see it fella just cant see it happening with Narsingh / Dyer.

Dyer was constantly passing the ball backwards before he went to Leicester & Narsingh has looked pretty average at best.

BTW I hope you are right & I'm wrong

"I hope you are right & I'm wrong". You're not supposed to say things like anymore apparently. It means you haven't got the courage of your convictions.
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:19 - Oct 2 with 5052 viewspencoedjack

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:11 - Oct 2 by Garyjack

"I hope you are right & I'm wrong". You're not supposed to say things like anymore apparently. It means you haven't got the courage of your convictions.

I couldn't give a flying fuk what any fuker on here thinks Fella . Place is being overrun with idiots who obviously know nothing about football.

I think they believe if they post the same shite day after day someone might believe their idiotic ramblings
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:20 - Oct 2 with 5050 viewsjojaca

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:11 - Oct 2 by Garyjack

Narsingh does not deserve all this bashing, the guy has hardly started never mind have a run of games. He is not perfect but has contributed coming of the bench some games and has got to be the quickest in the squad or there about.

Even when you know, you never know?

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:41 - Oct 2 with 4992 viewsjasfan

As the saying goes, we are where we are, in terms of the squad until January.

If the manager does one thing in terms of changing the team, I'd like to see the introduction of some pace, if only to offer a different kind of problem or threat to the opposition. Admittedly, the options aren't great and despite Narsingh's average performances to date, I think he should be included in the starting XI of the next home game. That may be joining Bony up front, as he did against Reading in the Cup, or as a solitary winger.

The other issue that is being raised is the lack of attacking midfielders. Although I have criticised Ki in the past for a lack of commitment and physicality on the pitch, I think he could prove effective playing a more advanced role to link with the strikers. I believe he favours that to being a defensive midfielder. The manager should set him the challenge of making this position his own, especially as the other midfield players haven't done so.

Like others, I would like to see players in the positions they normally occupy or where they perform at their best. It's not as if we have injury problems and being forced to play them elsewhere. This would include starting Clucas in his favoured position on the left of midfield, where he could provide more forward momentum.

Although I think the manager will play Leon from the off against Huddersfield, I would prefer Mesa for his greater passing range. Finally I'd play Sanches on the right. I think he improved again on Saturday so wouldn't change that.

Preferred team for Huddersfield.
Fabianksi, Naughton, Fernandez, Mawson, Ollsson, Mesa, Clucas, Sanches, Ki, Narsingh, Bony.

I think Mesa, Clucas and Sanches have enough tackling ability and physicality to compensate for that of Narsingh and Ki.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 21:23]
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 21:29 - Oct 2 with 4928 viewsvetchonian

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:41 - Oct 2 by jasfan

As the saying goes, we are where we are, in terms of the squad until January.

If the manager does one thing in terms of changing the team, I'd like to see the introduction of some pace, if only to offer a different kind of problem or threat to the opposition. Admittedly, the options aren't great and despite Narsingh's average performances to date, I think he should be included in the starting XI of the next home game. That may be joining Bony up front, as he did against Reading in the Cup, or as a solitary winger.

The other issue that is being raised is the lack of attacking midfielders. Although I have criticised Ki in the past for a lack of commitment and physicality on the pitch, I think he could prove effective playing a more advanced role to link with the strikers. I believe he favours that to being a defensive midfielder. The manager should set him the challenge of making this position his own, especially as the other midfield players haven't done so.

Like others, I would like to see players in the positions they normally occupy or where they perform at their best. It's not as if we have injury problems and being forced to play them elsewhere. This would include starting Clucas in his favoured position on the left of midfield, where he could provide more forward momentum.

Although I think the manager will play Leon from the off against Huddersfield, I would prefer Mesa for his greater passing range. Finally I'd play Sanches on the right. I think he improved again on Saturday so wouldn't change that.

Preferred team for Huddersfield.
Fabianksi, Naughton, Fernandez, Mawson, Ollsson, Mesa, Clucas, Sanches, Ki, Narsingh, Bony.

I think Mesa, Clucas and Sanches have enough tackling ability and physicality to compensate for that of Narsingh and Ki.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 21:23]

I think 4-1-4-1 as below

Fab

Naughton. Fernandez. Mawson. Olsen

Mesa

Ayew. Sanches. Carrol. Clukass

Bony
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 21:56]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 10:50 - Oct 3 with 4754 viewsTrundle10

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 20:19 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

I couldn't give a flying fuk what any fuker on here thinks Fella . Place is being overrun with idiots who obviously know nothing about football.

I think they believe if they post the same shite day after day someone might believe their idiotic ramblings

irony.... why do you keep coming back then Rocky?
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 12:19 - Oct 3 with 4694 viewsjasper_T

Give Dan James half an hour to run at tired legs at the end of home games.
Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 13:09 - Oct 3 with 4641 viewsswancity

Lacking width, pace, flair and creativity with attacking intent on 12:19 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

Give Dan James half an hour to run at tired legs at the end of home games.

Tired legs? I think you'll find this is the Premier League not the Port Talbot and District Sunday league. 😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024