Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sending Postcards 10:14 - Oct 2 with 3951 viewswhoflungdung

Bony mine just started me thinking

Just who now sends postcards

Can one still buy plain ones

Answers on a ...

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Sending Postcards on 10:27 - Oct 2 with 3935 viewsPegojack

There was a piece on Radio 5 a few days ago about one of the last big postcard printing firms closing down because no-one buys them any more. Didn't get the name of the firm but I'm sure it was 'oop North', somewhere like Southport.
Sending Postcards on 10:39 - Oct 2 with 3920 viewswhoflungdung

It's a part of our ho,idly seaside tradition and rather sad

Candy floss and toffee apples will be next followed by buckets spades and fishing nets

Sending Postcards on 10:47 - Oct 2 with 3913 viewsAguycalledJack

We still send them. Every holiday. One to the olds and one to ourselves to remind us in later years where we have visited.
Sending Postcards on 10:50 - Oct 2 with 3907 viewswhoflungdung

Lovely

Lady Dung ,not being a fan of my photographic skills buys them. Makes sense really

Sending Postcards on 13:45 - Oct 2 with 3852 viewsAguycalledJack

I’ve seen books containing all the old saucy seaside post cards. My uncle used to get such a post card every holiday off me when I was a kid.

Another british tradition that has been eroded.
Sending Postcards on 16:01 - Oct 2 with 3819 viewsmax936

Sending Postcards on 13:45 - Oct 2 by AguycalledJack

I’ve seen books containing all the old saucy seaside post cards. My uncle used to get such a post card every holiday off me when I was a kid.

Another british tradition that has been eroded.

On a similar note, why in loving fuk did they close the main post office on Windsor in Neath, its at WH Smiths now, went there earlier and it was chaos with a queue leading right through the shop with two fecking serving ffs, was there for over 20 minutes.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 16:01]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sending Postcards on 16:04 - Oct 2 with 3812 viewshobo

Sending Postcards on 16:01 - Oct 2 by max936

On a similar note, why in loving fuk did they close the main post office on Windsor in Neath, its at WH Smiths now, went there earlier and it was chaos with a queue leading right through the shop with two fecking serving ffs, was there for over 20 minutes.

We seem to be the only country in Western Europe who are going backwards in every single area, Services are there to be improved upon not stripped away! Everyone seems to accept this though without much of a fight
Sending Postcards on 16:08 - Oct 2 with 3806 viewsmax936

Sending Postcards on 16:04 - Oct 2 by hobo

We seem to be the only country in Western Europe who are going backwards in every single area, Services are there to be improved upon not stripped away! Everyone seems to accept this though without much of a fight

Can't argue with that, although my lad got an interview this week with the Post Office for over the Christmas season at least.

Login to get fewer ads

Sending Postcards on 16:17 - Oct 2 with 3799 viewsDarran

Sending Postcards on 16:01 - Oct 2 by max936

Sending a postcard was ew?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sending Postcards on 17:30 - Oct 2 with 3769 viewsmax936

Sending Postcards on 16:17 - Oct 2 by Darran

Sending a postcard was ew?

No a pair of my old undiesl to a friend you nosey fecker.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024