Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any takers? 20:20 - Oct 2 with 4796 viewsmonmouth

Who would settle for 39 points at the death now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41468743

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Any takers? on 20:58 - Oct 2 with 3870 viewsPrivate_Partz

Me. At least we willl have another transfer window for Jenkins to eff up.
You never know. Given enough goes he might get lucky and actually have a good one. Ever the optimist me ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Any takers? on 21:07 - Oct 2 with 3850 viewsjack2jack

If 39 points means 17th then yes,but that means it's going to be another nail biting season,not withstanding that,and it's that close will PC still be in post,or will it be another manager getting us to that point,after a poor start.
Any takers? on 21:23 - Oct 2 with 3828 viewsFlashberryjack

Any takers? on 21:07 - Oct 2 by jack2jack

If 39 points means 17th then yes,but that means it's going to be another nail biting season,not withstanding that,and it's that close will PC still be in post,or will it be another manager getting us to that point,after a poor start.

After watching us play the last few games, my confidence is so low I'd jump at 39 points this minute.
I really hope we can turn things around, but looking at our new signings and the way the manager is setting up the team, I just can't see it, I really can't.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Any takers? on 21:31 - Oct 2 with 3813 viewsGeoffThom

Me ,and then we can hear the immortal words ,that the squad is good enough
Any takers? on 21:49 - Oct 2 with 3789 viewsjack2jack

Any takers? on 21:23 - Oct 2 by Flashberryjack

After watching us play the last few games, my confidence is so low I'd jump at 39 points this minute.
I really hope we can turn things around, but looking at our new signings and the way the manager is setting up the team, I just can't see it, I really can't.

Agree,the only crumb of comfort is,it's very early days,plenty of time to turn it around,but as you say the signs aren't good.
Any takers? on 22:10 - Oct 2 with 3757 viewsjasper_T

If things continue as they have done for the last few years with no improvement or forward progress as a club I'd prefer we go down.
Any takers? on 22:25 - Oct 2 with 3730 viewsPrivate_Partz

Any takers? on 22:10 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

If things continue as they have done for the last few years with no improvement or forward progress as a club I'd prefer we go down.

No. I would much rather we build from the position we are in now. Managers, owners and even DOFs come and go.
We must do all we can to avoid the drop. It could be another 30 years before we get back up. It is very unlikely I will be around to see that so I have a vested interest in staying put. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Any takers? on 22:27 - Oct 2 with 3725 viewsRancid

No brainer and of course.We'll struggle now until we're relegated so every extra year in this league is a bonus.
Login to get fewer ads

Any takers? on 22:53 - Oct 2 with 3679 viewsGlyn1

Any takers? on 20:58 - Oct 2 by Private_Partz

Me. At least we willl have another transfer window for Jenkins to eff up.
You never know. Given enough goes he might get lucky and actually have a good one. Ever the optimist me ;-)

"another transfer window for Jenkins to eff up."

But the last one was actually a good one for us, according to most people here at the time (including me).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Any takers? on 23:13 - Oct 2 with 3662 viewsSoberBaker

No.

We've had our day in the sun. I just want us to go down so all these leaching c*nts can just f*ck off and leave us to it 👍

AMOW

Any takers? on 23:19 - Oct 2 with 3648 viewsJethroJack

Any takers? on 22:10 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

And do a Villa or Sunderland in the Championship?
Any takers? on 23:22 - Oct 2 with 3638 viewsswanforthemoney

I'd take 38. With the top six starting so well I actually think we could stay up with 37.
With our lack of goals I really think we could be for the drop this time.
I obviously hope not, hoping for the best but fearing the worst.
Having said that I have sneaky feeling we could do well in the cups.

I stand in the North Stand

Any takers? on 23:40 - Oct 2 with 3625 viewsKingBony

The fact we are even discussing this tells you everything you need to know. No I don't want to be relegated but what a boring existence just trying to survive every season.

I'll always love the swans but I've not enjoyed it for a few years now 😔

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Any takers? on 03:21 - Oct 3 with 3573 viewsjasper_T

Any takers? on 22:25 - Oct 2 by Private_Partz

No. I would much rather we build from the position we are in now. Managers, owners and even DOFs come and go.
We must do all we can to avoid the drop. It could be another 30 years before we get back up. It is very unlikely I will be around to see that so I have a vested interest in staying put. ;-)

Clinging on and building from the position we are now has been an option for the past two years. It's not happening. Fool me once and all that.

I'd rather watch us in the Championship for 30 years than much more of this.
Any takers? on 03:35 - Oct 3 with 3560 viewsJackflack

Any takers? on 22:27 - Oct 2 by Rancid

No brainer and of course.We'll struggle now until we're relegated so every extra year in this league is a bonus.

That doesn't sound like much fun

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Any takers? on 04:18 - Oct 3 with 3554 viewsGlyn1

No. I want 50 points. I'll settle for a few points less but that's the target.

Circling around the sink each season until you eventually go down, like Sunderland did, is unacceptable.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Any takers? on 07:43 - Oct 3 with 3474 viewsawayjack

Any takers? on 03:21 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

Clinging on and building from the position we are now has been an option for the past two years. It's not happening. Fool me once and all that.

Some fans are obsessed with Prem League. Personally if the trade off was relegation and without 'cash cow' Yanks / Board selling club back to Fans / Reformed Trust I'd take it. We'd lose a few thousand of the boring PL only fans back, have some cracking away trips and critically feel like our club again versus a vehicle for greed.
Any takers? on 09:58 - Oct 3 with 3375 viewsjack247

Any takers? on 03:21 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

You think we’ll suddenly start playing Martinez and Laudrup style football the minute we get relegated?

It will be the same with worse players.
Any takers? on 10:55 - Oct 3 with 3344 viewsmajorraglan

Any takers? on 07:43 - Oct 3 by awayjack

Some fans are obsessed with Prem League. Personally if the trade off was relegation and without 'cash cow' Yanks / Board selling club back to Fans / Reformed Trust I'd take it. We'd lose a few thousand of the boring PL only fans back, have some cracking away trips and critically feel like our club again versus a vehicle for greed.

I think South West Wales needs Swansea City in the Premier League as there are commercial benefits for the City in terms of visitors etc and hopefully the worldwide exposure will assist in attracting investment and jobs to the area.

I would love to see the club being owned and run by somekind of fans trust, but I can't see it happening. If the Club stays in the PL then the Trust won't be able to afford to buy the club. If the club is relegated and at some point in the future to current owners decide to sell up and walk away, I don't think the money the Trust will be receiving from the share sale arising from the recent ballot and any reserves they may have would be enough - unless the club is really really in the doldrums. If the Club managed to survive and the American owners sold it on and Trust sold their shares in a tag and drag type deal, then they could end up with a pot of cash that would be big enough to buy the club when things eventually went Pete Tong, but there's no guarantee any future sale will happen, especially if the club is struggling and has a poor squad of players. If the cub was relegated and went in to a spiral and the current owners walked away, i wouldn't be surprised if some of the old board bought the club back at a lower price with a view to starting the project all over again! Imagine that!

The old style of play has gone, to get it back is going to take a lot of work. The manager (whoever that is) needs to have the tools and be supported over an extended period while the reconstruction takes place, Swansea City don't have the big cheque book like Manchester City and the club can't just go out and buy a new team, it has to be built over time and through shrewd and astute signings. Sadly, some of the players signed over the last few seasons have disappointed and not been up to it and it is all to evident in the results.
Any takers? on 10:58 - Oct 3 with 3333 viewsLord_Bony

Nightmare scenario is we go down and The Scum comes up.

We d never hear the last of it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Any takers? on 12:16 - Oct 3 with 3280 viewspencoedjack

Any takers? on 10:58 - Oct 3 by Lord_Bony

Nightmare scenario is we go down and The Scum comes up.

We d never hear the last of it.

More importantly how are you LB ?
Any takers? on 12:33 - Oct 3 with 3261 viewsPrivate_Partz

Any takers? on 09:58 - Oct 3 by jack247

You think we’ll suddenly start playing Martinez and Laudrup style football the minute we get relegated?

It will be the same with worse players.

I agree with this I just don't get his 'give up' attitude. Swansea as a City has no friends in the 'Welsh' media, in the Assembly, or Central Government.
The only leading lights we have to use as marketing tools to gain prestige and encourage investment in our region are it's University and football club.
To throw one away because at this moment in time we have Dicks in charge is madness imho. We fought for this for 30 years. Does Wembley game mean nothing?
Ride out the storm I say. Make life as uncomfortable as possible for the charlatons and bide your time until they have gone.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2017 15:52]

Any takers? on 22:22 - Oct 3 with 3065 viewsLord_Bony

Any takers? on 12:16 - Oct 3 by pencoedjack

More importantly how are you LB ?

Bearing up to it my friend.

But chemo is a bitch as you know.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Any takers? on 03:05 - Oct 4 with 2985 viewsJack123

We are looking fcked, even the relegation fodder are playing way, way better than us..

libera nos a malo

Any takers? on 10:02 - Oct 4 with 2912 viewsDafyddHuw

I hate the fact that at the begining of every season now, the club's ambition is not to be relegated.
Where's ML when we need him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024