Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saving lives at sea. 20:46 - Oct 3 with 1081 viewslifelong

On BBC2.

The RNLI do remarkable work, they deserve the support of us all.
Saving lives at sea. on 21:12 - Oct 3 with 1070 viewslonglostjack

Indeed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Saving lives at sea. on 07:28 - Oct 4 with 1026 viewsPrivate_Partz

They are superb and deserve the support of us and Government.
It is a national disgrace that vital organisations such as this and the air anmbukances have to survive on Charities to exist.
It should be a fully funded Public Sector organisation. Cue the 'money the' argument......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Saving lives at sea. on 07:36 - Oct 4 with 1025 viewsLohengrin

Saving lives at sea. on 07:28 - Oct 4 by Private_Partz

They are superb and deserve the support of us and Government.
It is a national disgrace that vital organisations such as this and the air anmbukances have to survive on Charities to exist.
It should be a fully funded Public Sector organisation. Cue the 'money the' argument......

I've never understood why the RNLI aren't an integrated part of the uniformed services. Those boys (and girls) are brave beyond measure.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Saving lives at sea. on 08:43 - Oct 4 with 1010 viewswhoflungdung

They are mad, but in the best way

Can't imagine such unselfish bravery .

Often the case ,clown put themselves at risk on the seas only for these heroes to save their skins

We owe them big time

We ,thankfully have one five mins away and Open Day is well attended . These people should be seen as pillars of the community

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Saving lives at sea. on 14:25 - Oct 4 with 965 viewsmajorraglan

We were in Normandy in August having a look at the D Day beaches when we saw a bit of a commotion further up the beach. The sea was quite choppy and in my opinion much too rough to go for a dip. There was also a guy about 30 yards away from us, he was neck deep in water bobbing up between the waves. We could also see 4 guys on a small rib in the water about a 100 yards away looking around and moving quickly in a circular pattern.
All of a sudden, 2 guys bail out, they go under water, then reappear and start to move towards the shore. As they get to the shallower water and are able to stand, it's clear that they are dragging something out of the water. It immediately becomes apparent that it's a male, aged about 65 in trunks. They get him on to the beach and immediately start doing CPR. My son and I are both first aid trained go over and offer to assist, but signal they are ok and crack on. Gendarmes then turn up and ask us and everyone else to leave. Turns out the guy neck deep in the water and the guys on the rib were looking for the male who I assume had got in to difficulties, and for the length of time he was in the water probably drowned. My kids had never seen anything like this before and were quite upset.

Much like our RNLI, the French equivalent do a bloody good job, all volunteers putting their lives on the line to help others.
Saving lives at sea. on 15:51 - Oct 4 with 954 viewsLoyal

Saving lives at sea. on 14:25 - Oct 4 by majorraglan

We were in Normandy in August having a look at the D Day beaches when we saw a bit of a commotion further up the beach. The sea was quite choppy and in my opinion much too rough to go for a dip. There was also a guy about 30 yards away from us, he was neck deep in water bobbing up between the waves. We could also see 4 guys on a small rib in the water about a 100 yards away looking around and moving quickly in a circular pattern.
All of a sudden, 2 guys bail out, they go under water, then reappear and start to move towards the shore. As they get to the shallower water and are able to stand, it's clear that they are dragging something out of the water. It immediately becomes apparent that it's a male, aged about 65 in trunks. They get him on to the beach and immediately start doing CPR. My son and I are both first aid trained go over and offer to assist, but signal they are ok and crack on. Gendarmes then turn up and ask us and everyone else to leave. Turns out the guy neck deep in the water and the guys on the rib were looking for the male who I assume had got in to difficulties, and for the length of time he was in the water probably drowned. My kids had never seen anything like this before and were quite upset.

Much like our RNLI, the French equivalent do a bloody good job, all volunteers putting their lives on the line to help others.

It will put your kids in good stead for the future.
Especially if they join the forces etc.
A nasty experience much positivity can be taken from.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Saving lives at sea. on 15:59 - Oct 4 with 953 viewssquarebear

When I was last down the lifeboathouse talking to one of the volunteers he was downplaying it, saying "Most of our calls are for boats that have run out of fuel. We are like the RAC these days".

But yeah, they're braver, far more selfless souls than me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024