Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. 23:27 - Oct 3 with 7093 viewsTheResurrection

We've not even been that bad.

It's clear to everyone our attacking has left a lot to be desired. This has been the case for quite some time and it needs a lot of improving and an obvious change of mindset.

But, whilst we have disappointed in terms of seeing any fluidity or style of attack just yet, it's also important to note, apart from Man United, we've been right in every game until the death.

Fans can stamp their feet like spoilt kids and moan about a dim and distant past as if it was always so bloody glorious - laughable. But we've competed well, not spectacularly, but competed.

Watford have a good, athletic and footballing side, they are 6th and maybe the surprise side this season with a great manager. We could so easily have taken all 3 points off them and probably deserved to the way we fought our way back into the game.

Newcastle and Soton are more than holding their own and whilst both very beatable, by us, and others have made solid starts and make life tricky. Soton deserved to beat us, but they couldn't. We deserved to beat Newcastle, but lost.

Our points have come from Spurs and Palace and people have been too quick to knock both of these games from our perspective. Spurs was a back to the wall performance against arguably the best XI in the league. No matter how much our style changes we still won't be able to "turn it on" against the likes of these. Palace was never in doubt and comfortable from where I was sitting, yeah, we sat back but they never really looked like getting something. We were also in the middle of the window and this has clearly had a lasting impact and is still lingering now.

We've also gone away to West Ham and pretty much bossed the game. Yeah, we got done by a last minute sucker punch and for the second time in a week but again, the margins are so close.

The reasons given for a lack of cohesion just yet aren't excuses. We were late in the window and we didn't get all our targets. A Chadli coming in could well have made the difference in all these close encounters.

But we were right not to cross the greasy palm of Pullis with their ridiculous asking price.

Our squad does need time to settle. Bony needs a few more games but is already looking like the missing piece in the jigsaw. Sanches has improved with every outing (all bloody 3 of them)

Mesa hasn't even been given a chance....

We are not far away but don't let that get in the way of your constant bitchfest and sniping.

..... / ......
Box Office
[Post edited 3 Oct 2017 23:29]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 23:39 - Oct 3 with 3408 viewsSwanzay

Are you channeling HJ this evening Chris?

What else does the Ouija board say?
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 01:36 - Oct 4 with 3338 viewscosy121

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 23:39 - Oct 3 by Swanzay

Are you channeling HJ this evening Chris?

What else does the Ouija board say?

A breath of fresh air,another swans fan.i was beginning to think I was the only one.ive started putting them on ignore,only problem most of the decent posters have left.two win and they all crawl back under there stones.would you know another site were real swans fans chat.
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 02:10 - Oct 4 with 3317 viewsLeonWasGod

Fact of the matter is we need to do a lot better. It's ok being tidy in the middle of the park when the opposition have 10 men behind the ball. If we don't learn quickly how to hurt teams we're in trouble.

2 games to go to the quarter way mark. Wilf better start finding his feet again soon (because he seems our best chance the way we're playing).
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 05:14 - Oct 4 with 3273 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 02:10 - Oct 4 by LeonWasGod

Fact of the matter is we need to do a lot better. It's ok being tidy in the middle of the park when the opposition have 10 men behind the ball. If we don't learn quickly how to hurt teams we're in trouble.

2 games to go to the quarter way mark. Wilf better start finding his feet again soon (because he seems our best chance the way we're playing).

Top post. Agree with everything you say. Calls for Clement sacking are preposterous. We need stability and the chance to rebuild. The spine is in place we just need to wait for the combinations to gel and that takes time as anyone who has been involved in sport at any level knows. This is the toughest league in the world and nearly each club we play have more resources than we do. We have sacked two managers in knee jerk reactions and we won't get a third chance. It is achangingof the guard at the club and We have to realise that that can take time.
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 08:59 - Oct 4 with 3090 viewswhoflungdung

On the other hand ,we see virtually no offensive threat ,weird subs and selections and giving away games right at the death

Human nature

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 09:09 - Oct 4 with 3081 viewsOptimisticJack

Good post. Agree totally. We need to get behind Paul Clement and the team.

Optimisticjack

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 09:12 - Oct 4 with 3076 viewsNOTRAC

'More resources than we do.'
We've done well to survive'
,We're only little old Swansea'
These are the sort of whining remarks that make me mad. We have had over £600m in turnover since we have been in the Premiership.We showed what it was possible to achieve in Laudrups first year when we won the League Cup.We showed what it was possible to achieve in Laudrups second year when we beat Valencia 3-0 on their own ground. Compared to other clubs we have virtually no debt.At the moment the ground we play on cost us nothing to acquire and costs nothing in rent.
What is frustrating is the way this club is now being run.Lack of ambition spreads from the Boardroom and we definitely need to whinge about that.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 09:15 - Oct 4 with 3071 viewsTheResurrection

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 08:59 - Oct 4 by whoflungdung

On the other hand ,we see virtually no offensive threat ,weird subs and selections and giving away games right at the death

Human nature

At the moment we do yes. But it's clea to see Clement doesn't know his best team yet.

And why is that? Because we dawdled like fack in July and August shipping out two players that didn't want to be here and were going to go the whole time.

Remember me begging the Trust to do something and Phil S saying he wrote a letter of concern to the directors due to the ridiculous stalemate.

Well what we're seeing now is a product of that. We've wasted the first 7 games because of this and there was no need, no intervention from the Trust or Board Directors and it just wasn't good enough.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 09:22 - Oct 4 with 3051 viewswhoflungdung

Agree totally.

The delay in selling llorente and siggy seemed to be justified on a pride basis instead of it being business of football . Both should have been replaced earlier. We screwed up yet again.

Pre season was therefore a jolly and meaningless

Clement has them everyday and I d have thought he could know the best line up

I'm pretty pisssed off actually and dread the unthinkable of who might replace us in the PL.

Hopefully, soon ,such shyte like my drivel will be forgotten. I fookn hope so anyway

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 10:39 - Oct 4 with 2942 viewsswancity

Good positive thoughts but the fans have every right to express disapproval. The whining does justify the start IMO. It's not just about our poor results that have put us in the bottom three. It's a lack of goals with one from six games excluding the Palace game. I exclude it as they've lost every game and are yet to score. It's also about the negative tactics and style. It's also about the lack of goal threat and lack of attacking intent. It's about the lack of pace and width.
But it's very early days. A couple of wins will soon change things. The Manager deserves time as we looked certainties for relegation when he got here but he does need to be more expansive.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 11:06 - Oct 4 with 2893 viewsswan65split

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 09:12 - Oct 4 by NOTRAC

These are the sort of whining remarks that make me mad. We have had over £600m in turnover since we have been in the Premiership.We showed what it was possible to achieve in Laudrups first year when we won the League Cup.We showed what it was possible to achieve in Laudrups second year when we beat Valencia 3-0 on their own ground. Compared to other clubs we have virtually no debt.At the moment the ground we play on cost us nothing to acquire and costs nothing in rent.
What is frustrating is the way this club is now being run.Lack of ambition spreads from the Boardroom and we definitely need to whinge about that.

Spot on........................................
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 11:10 - Oct 4 with 2885 viewsDarran

Sours are arguably the best XI in the League?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 11:25 - Oct 4 with 2875 viewsMo_Wives

Something I've noticed is we seem to be going in alternating blocks of good/bad performances.
Clement came in and got a team that was shot to perform and get a block of great results. Then just as we were about to call him the messiah, that Hull game came along. We then went into a block of bad results. And just as people were about to call for his head, he led us into a great block of results to finish the season. It now seems we're back in a bad block. What does this all mean? I don't know.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 11:28 - Oct 4 with 2869 viewsTheResurrection

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 09:12 - Oct 4 by NOTRAC

But you're wrong. Simple as that.

They are facts and you can't counter them with one great season.

We won the cup and that's a distinct possibility with some luck for any Premier League club, even Cardiff have got to two finals.

We beat Valencia in a one off game but you forgot to mention they played us off the park in the return leg.

We ARE dealing with club's with more resources and at this very moment in time there's nothing glaringly obviously wrong with the running of the Club.

It's not perfect or just exactly the way some may want it to be run, but there's a sensibility and carefulness about it.

Your rant isn't accurate. It's just emotional.

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 12:57 - Oct 4 with 2775 viewsQJumpingJack

Some interesting comments.

I think the board have fallen into a "17th is successful".

It won't be pretty this season.
We will probably go through 2-3 managers.
But we are probably good enough to finish above three teams which are not as good as us.
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 13:03 - Oct 4 with 2766 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I suggest that you take a serious look at where the majority of that £600M turn over actually went.
1. Player's Wages
2. Transfer fees and Manager Pay Offs.

Laudrup benifited from the work that the 3 previous managers had done ans was extremely fortunate to sign Michu.
Boy c ould we do with a Michu at the moment, and don't say he wouldn't get the service, because most of the time he only needed the ball and he made his own goals.
Unfortunately at that price he was a total one season one off player.
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 13:06 - Oct 4 with 2760 viewscostalotta

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 11:28 - Oct 4 by TheResurrection

But you're wrong. Simple as that.

They are facts and you can't counter them with one great season.

We won the cup and that's a distinct possibility with some luck for any Premier League club, even Cardiff have got to two finals.

We beat Valencia in a one off game but you forgot to mention they played us off the park in the return leg.

We ARE dealing with club's with more resources and at this very moment in time there's nothing glaringly obviously wrong with the running of the Club.

It's not perfect or just exactly the way some may want it to be run, but there's a sensibility and carefulness about it.

Your rant isn't accurate. It's just emotional.

A lot of that is fair comment, apart from the "nothing glaringly obviously wrong" with the running of the club.

Go back 3 years and many would agree with statement. Go back 5 years and almost all would agree. Right now I'd hazard a guess that many would not agree with it and more and more are coming round to that way of thinking. At least in the circles that I move.

There's plenty wrong with the club right now and the majority of that is down to 2 or 3 people. Those on the periphery have stood by and we both know who they are.

I realise that it's never going to be perfect and I fully understand what we are as a club. What our values are yada yada. The will always make mistakes and that in itself is not the issue. It's what's done about them and how th club should grow and move on. In my view and for what it's worth we've gone backwards for about 4 years. Mistakes, the same one I might add continue to be made. Our chairman is untouchable it seems, at least for now.

So, does that matter? Well yes it does as th core of any club which has a problems will degrade over time. especially if the problems are self inflicted. You can't say we've had hard luck or anything like that. So how is it fixed? It has to start somewhere and on the pitch would be good. At least then we'd know that correct decisions behind the scenes are happening. I'm sure then we'd be more inclined to believe the model and way forward that club want to take. We'd buy into it as it were. Perhaps even the Trust could become relevant again and garner further support.

We will all wait with baited breath.
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 14:12 - Oct 4 with 2693 viewsTheResurrection

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 13:06 - Oct 4 by costalotta

A lot of that is fair comment, apart from the "nothing glaringly obviously wrong" with the running of the club.

Go back 3 years and many would agree with statement. Go back 5 years and almost all would agree. Right now I'd hazard a guess that many would not agree with it and more and more are coming round to that way of thinking. At least in the circles that I move.

There's plenty wrong with the club right now and the majority of that is down to 2 or 3 people. Those on the periphery have stood by and we both know who they are.

I realise that it's never going to be perfect and I fully understand what we are as a club. What our values are yada yada. The will always make mistakes and that in itself is not the issue. It's what's done about them and how th club should grow and move on. In my view and for what it's worth we've gone backwards for about 4 years. Mistakes, the same one I might add continue to be made. Our chairman is untouchable it seems, at least for now.

So, does that matter? Well yes it does as th core of any club which has a problems will degrade over time. especially if the problems are self inflicted. You can't say we've had hard luck or anything like that. So how is it fixed? It has to start somewhere and on the pitch would be good. At least then we'd know that correct decisions behind the scenes are happening. I'm sure then we'd be more inclined to believe the model and way forward that club want to take. We'd buy into it as it were. Perhaps even the Trust could become relevant again and garner further support.

We will all wait with baited breath.

What is glaringly obviously wrong with the running of the Club right now?

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 2681 viewsSPboy

I like your optimism & maybe there are glimpses that improved results could be around the corner. What your optimism is based is not obvious to the many. If we get good results against the likes of Huddersfield, Leicester, Brighton our next 3 home league games, then maybe your outlook will be well founded. For me that’s a big IF at the moment. These games could easily go the other way if we play as we have been and get no luck.

- In reality we were totally outplayed by Southampton & Spurs and lucky to come away with a point from each.
- At Palace we played well first half but were pretty average second half against the worst team in the league.
- We were boringly negative v Newcastle and looked like the away team at times creating nothing & conceded from a set piece.
- We should have been 0-3 down at half-time v Watford but could have drawn that one.
- West Ham were woeful, yes we ‘bossed’ the first half but created nothing. As poor as they were they still created more than us.

You seem to be pinning a lot of your hopes on Bony. For most the jury is still out as we lack quality around him that he needs. Lazy, disinterested & unfit, just some of the words used by sports journalists & ex players talking about his performances the last 2 weeks.

This is not whining, just a reality check to counter your over-enthusiastic review of performances to date - I think everyone hopes your optimism is proven because the clock is ticking
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 14:33 - Oct 4 with 2659 viewsswan65split

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 13:03 - Oct 4 by A_Fans_Dad

I suggest that you take a serious look at where the majority of that £600M turn over actually went.
1. Player's Wages

Laudrup benifited from the work that the 3 previous managers had done ans was extremely fortunate to sign Michu.
Boy c ould we do with a Michu at the moment, and don't say he wouldn't get the service, because most of the time he only needed the ball and he made his own goals.

Players wages.....a club like Swansea in the top league would have to pay top dollar to get anyone here.
Transfer fees and Manager pay offs, all since Laudrup.......questions your comment about the club being run the right way?!
Whatever happened at that tine has totally fecked up the club and the system.
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 2632 viewsTheResurrection

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 14:17 - Oct 4 by SPboy

I like your optimism & maybe there are glimpses that improved results could be around the corner. What your optimism is based is not obvious to the many. If we get good results against the likes of Huddersfield, Leicester, Brighton our next 3 home league games, then maybe your outlook will be well founded. For me that’s a big IF at the moment. These games could easily go the other way if we play as we have been and get no luck.

- In reality we were totally outplayed by Southampton & Spurs and lucky to come away with a point from each.
- At Palace we played well first half but were pretty average second half against the worst team in the league.
- We were boringly negative v Newcastle and looked like the away team at times creating nothing & conceded from a set piece.
- We should have been 0-3 down at half-time v Watford but could have drawn that one.
- West Ham were woeful, yes we ‘bossed’ the first half but created nothing. As poor as they were they still created more than us.

You seem to be pinning a lot of your hopes on Bony. For most the jury is still out as we lack quality around him that he needs. Lazy, disinterested & unfit, just some of the words used by sports journalists & ex players talking about his performances the last 2 weeks.

This is not whining, just a reality check to counter your over-enthusiastic review of performances to date - I think everyone hopes your optimism is proven because the clock is ticking

so you've run through our games and just endorsed the fact we've been competitive in them all.

We're not miles away clearly as we could quite easily be on at least another 6 points and a start similar to Watford.

Plus I've not read a single report claiming those things about Bony. Prove it with a link or two and if so we'll judge the merits of the apparent sports journalist?

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 15:09 - Oct 4 with 2606 viewsLoyal

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 09:09 - Oct 4 by OptimisticJack

Good post. Agree totally. We need to get behind Paul Clement and the team.

Johnny Hollins barmy army 😂😂😂😂😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 15:27 - Oct 4 with 2580 viewsLoyal

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 13:03 - Oct 4 by A_Fans_Dad

1. Player's Wages

I'm pretty certain the three previous managers didn't sign the 'fortunate' Michu, a name nobody outside of Spain had heard before we signed him, and that was down to Laudrup regardless of the bullshit. I suppose the fortunate signings of Pablo Hernandez, Chico Flores and JDG were also down to those three other managers.some of the other midfielders signed would also walk in to this current side. Regardless of how it ended Laudrup gave us the best 18 months in Swansea City's history. That is beyond doubt.
A major trophy, European football doesn't come with fortuitous luck it comes with the guidance of a world footballer of the year and a player who played at the highest level for Real Madrid, Barca, Ajax and Juventus. Oh, and the 12 years at Euro championships and World Cup finals for his country. Nudge me if I have missed anything out.

And one final thing, your memory is failing you. Michu was more than one season matey, he was called up for Spain during his second season and was still mesmerising defences until his supposed injury in the January. Your negativity is astonishing, at times I wonder if certain so called fans of this club deserve anything at all. Come on, get your head out of the dirty water there's some clean stuff in bottles in the fridge.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 16:18 - Oct 4 with 2527 viewsMeraki

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 15:27 - Oct 4 by Loyal

I'm pretty certain the three previous managers didn't sign the 'fortunate' Michu, a name nobody outside of Spain had heard before we signed him, and that was down to Laudrup regardless of the bullshit. I suppose the fortunate signings of Pablo Hernandez, Chico Flores and JDG were also down to those three other managers.some of the other midfielders signed would also walk in to this current side. Regardless of how it ended Laudrup gave us the best 18 months in Swansea City's history. That is beyond doubt.
A major trophy, European football doesn't come with fortuitous luck it comes with the guidance of a world footballer of the year and a player who played at the highest level for Real Madrid, Barca, Ajax and Juventus. Oh, and the 12 years at Euro championships and World Cup finals for his country. Nudge me if I have missed anything out.

And one final thing, your memory is failing you. Michu was more than one season matey, he was called up for Spain during his second season and was still mesmerising defences until his supposed injury in the January. Your negativity is astonishing, at times I wonder if certain so called fans of this club deserve anything at all. Come on, get your head out of the dirty water there's some clean stuff in bottles in the fridge.

Well said. Not surprising from this guy though, hes never liked Laudrup to quote...

"I would have thought that all those players that suffered from being totally ignored by their manager.
Passed over for his favourites regardless of how badly those favourites were playing.
Willing players flogged like dead horses regardless of what injuries they were carrying (even serious head ones).
Players continuously played out of position and finally those so pissed off they went and played for someone else were all quite happy to see him go.
I would also think that they would embrace a new Coach/manager (GM) who cared about them and the club and not just about personal glory winning cup matches and getting in to the European Competitions."

[Post edited 4 Oct 2017 16:26]
Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 17:14 - Oct 4 with 2461 viewscostalotta

Frustrating yes, but the whining on here doesn't justify our start. on 14:12 - Oct 4 by TheResurrection

What is glaringly obviously wrong with the running of the Club right now?

Not got much time right but just quickly...

Transfer strategy
Transfer policy
(They are different)
Player contract and retention policy
Scouting and player identification
Cash flow and management of money
The real relationship with the Trust
Jobs for the boys including. The job fir HJ
The clear disparity between manager and board on a number of issues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024