Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommendations Please 16:59 - Oct 7 with 5960 viewsFlashberryjack

Went to trim the lawn edges yesterday with my petrol strimmer, after pulling the cord for half an hour the b*stard thing wouldn't start, had to go back in the house completely out of puff.
Anyway I thought "f*ck it" I'm gonna get an electric strimmer, was thinking of getting a battery operated one rather than off the mains.

Any sensible advise would be very much appreciated.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Recommendations Please on 20:56 - Oct 7 with 3161 viewsdickythorpe

Recommendations Please on 18:38 - Oct 7 by max936

I've had two young Hedgehogs crawling around the garden found one last Thursday he was thin and trying to get around but clearly not well so fella from Wildlife Care in Baglan came up and took him and found another on Thursday just gone was wasn't in very good condition so took him to vet, hope they're ok.

Keep us posted Max.
Recommendations Please on 22:22 - Oct 7 with 3129 viewsploppy

I've given up on strimmers - complete pain in the arse. I used to spend more time fixing the spool than strimming. I use old school edging tools these days - much cleaner edges.
Recommendations Please on 23:55 - Oct 7 with 3114 viewsjack_lord

Recommendations Please on 19:34 - Oct 7 by Flashberryjack

Who's that ? I'd get it fixed and then sell it, my cord pulling days are over.

Many thank's to all that posted, very much appreciated......hope the Hedgehogs are OK.

He lives up the Wern. If it is a cheap strimmer he will probably tell you not to waste money getting it fixed.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Recommendations Please on 00:51 - Oct 8 with 3104 viewsmax936

Recommendations Please on 20:56 - Oct 7 by dickythorpe

Keep us posted Max.

Nah done my bit, they are supposedly territorial and been told they may have to come back, I don't want the buggers back though, I've a Fox that loves my garden as well, never had this problem when my old Maxy was alive, time for another master of the House.
He'll be here next spring though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Recommendations Please on 03:20 - Oct 8 with 3093 viewssquarebear

As a rule if I'm buying electrical products I favour Bosch but in the case of strikers I've had three Bosch ones and each has been crap in its own special way.
Recommendations Please on 10:33 - Oct 8 with 3060 viewsFlashberryjack

Recommendations Please on 23:55 - Oct 7 by jack_lord

He lives up the Wern. If it is a cheap strimmer he will probably tell you not to waste money getting it fixed.

I presume you're referring to the Wern Fawr pub ? I'll be there for a pint or three this afternoon (after church of course) I'll ask if anyone knows him.

It's a Ryobi and I paid about £120 for it new.

Hello

Recommendations Please on 10:44 - Oct 8 with 3056 viewsdickythorpe

Recommendations Please on 03:20 - Oct 8 by squarebear

As a rule if I'm buying electrical products I favour Bosch but in the case of strikers I've had three Bosch ones and each has been crap in its own special way.

Similar problem to Paul Clement.
Recommendations Please on 23:25 - Oct 8 with 3027 viewsjack_lord

Recommendations Please on 10:33 - Oct 8 by Flashberryjack

I presume you're referring to the Wern Fawr pub ? I'll be there for a pint or three this afternoon (after church of course) I'll ask if anyone knows him.

It's a Ryobi and I paid about £120 for it new.

His name is Mark and he lives up the top of Penywern. I can pm his number if you want.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Recommendations Please on 17:46 - Oct 10 with 2951 viewsGaryjack

Recommendations Please on 17:34 - Oct 7 by exiledclaseboy

My strimmer ran out of strim yesterday half way through me doing the back garden. So now it’ll stay half strimmed until March.

You can take the boy out of Clase, but........................................................
Recommendations Please on 20:26 - Oct 10 with 2922 viewsFlashberryjack

Recommendations Please on 23:25 - Oct 8 by jack_lord

His name is Mark and he lives up the top of Penywern. I can pm his number if you want.

Yes please, I think I may know him.

Hello

Recommendations Please on 20:09 - Oct 17 with 2745 viewsFlashberryjack

Opted for electric mains strimmer in the end, used today excellent and real easy to change the cord.
Thanks for the advise everyone, just need to get the petrol strimmer serviced and working properly (if cost effective) and it'll be gone.

Hello

Recommendations Please on 20:12 - Oct 17 with 2737 viewsBanosswan

Recommendations Please on 20:09 - Oct 17 by Flashberryjack

Opted for electric mains strimmer in the end, used today excellent and real easy to change the cord.
Thanks for the advise everyone, just need to get the petrol strimmer serviced and working properly (if cost effective) and it'll be gone.

CME

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Recommendations Please on 20:21 - Oct 17 with 2731 viewsLoyal

Recommendations Please on 18:24 - Oct 7 by dickythorpe

Do aLdi dO one thougH?

I had an Aldi one. Fcking pants.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024