Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Louis Theroux on BBC2 now 21:07 - Oct 8 with 2351 viewscentrestandswan

Drugs and all the misery they bring.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 21:15 - Oct 8 with 2343 viewsdickythorpe

He's in Liverpool then?
Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 21:56 - Oct 8 with 2301 viewswhoflungdung

ypu been watching Harry Enfield dicky

Is Carmarthen really that much of a paradise

Drugs everywhere.

Seem recall seeing programmes of Swansea druggies on streets but felt it inappropriate to comment on here.

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 22:02 - Oct 8 with 2291 viewsLoyal

Nothing miserable about sniffing a bit of bugle off a rampant pair of breastickles after a night hooting vodka.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 23:00 - Oct 8 with 2245 viewsKingBony

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 21:56 - Oct 8 by whoflungdung

ypu been watching Harry Enfield dicky

Is Carmarthen really that much of a paradise

Drugs everywhere.

Seem recall seeing programmes of Swansea druggies on streets but felt it inappropriate to comment on here.

Why did you feel it inappropriate?

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 09:59 - Oct 9 with 2148 viewswhoflungdung

Meanwhile,back on topic, an utterly depressing but poignant programme

Drugs don't work kids

Ever

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 10:41 - Oct 9 with 2119 viewsJack_Meoff

Did alcohol get a mention or just the nasty illegal ones?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 11:00 - Oct 9 with 2103 viewsswanjackal

Hate the saying........."Drugs don't work"

Unfortunately that is a myth. They tend to do what they say they will. Unfortunately for some people, they do this too well, and people go back for more (addiction).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 11:15 - Oct 9 with 2093 viewsMrSwansea

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 10:41 - Oct 9 by Jack_Meoff

Did alcohol get a mention or just the nasty illegal ones?

Just the pesky Heroin on this one mate.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Login to get fewer ads

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 11:33 - Oct 9 with 2078 viewssP7qupUf

We all have choices to make in life. Some make the right ones and others the wrong ones. There's been enough said for years about the dangers of drugs yet people still get involved with them. Too many excuses made for peoples wrong decisions in life with regard to drugs and other "errors of judgement". Not saying that there aren't some genuine sad cases but too often do gooders make excuses for the lifestyle choices and actions of others.

Sorry if I sound a bit right of Attila the Hun here but I'm a bit fed up of excuses made for people's decisions, life choices and conduct in general in relation to drugs, violent conduct, excessive drinking, dangerous driving, refusing to get a job and living on state benefits etc. Very often innocent people pay the price for these choices. I'm afraid in many cases it's just not acceptable. The road to ruin is paved with excuses.

I'll put my hard hat on now!!
Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 13:04 - Oct 9 with 2031 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The tale of prescription opiate pain killers in the US is staggering; 60,000 suicides each year (30,000 from prescriptions) and 1 in 4 US citizens prescribed in 2015.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 14:12 - Oct 9 with 1975 viewsDafyddHuw

"Drugs and all the misery they bring"

Depends. There's drugs and there's drugs.
Like there's wine/beer/lager and then there's spirits.

Just find out what works for you and be aware. All things in moderation. Don't feck up your liver with too much alcohol and beware of nasty stuff like crack, smack and meth.

It's common sense really.
I do have a major problem with polititians telling me what I can put in my body, though.
Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 15:15 - Oct 9 with 1936 viewswhoflungdung

It s easier to drink alcohol and not be addicted than Heroin. Its why its banned

This argument has raged for decades.

Seems only answer is for people to take control rather than the drug.

When you re sown, its a temptation ,no doubt, to kill the pain of everyday living but plenty have ended up addicted because they tried because of peer pressure or simple curiosity

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 16:55 - Oct 9 with 1903 viewsMeraki

A lot of the people on the program started on heroin to replace the painkillers they were prescribed by their doctors - I believe one of the city's mentioned is suing a pharmaceutical company that produces the opiate based painkillers.
Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 16:59 - Oct 9 with 1898 viewsJackfath

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 11:33 - Oct 9 by sP7qupUf

We all have choices to make in life. Some make the right ones and others the wrong ones. There's been enough said for years about the dangers of drugs yet people still get involved with them. Too many excuses made for peoples wrong decisions in life with regard to drugs and other "errors of judgement". Not saying that there aren't some genuine sad cases but too often do gooders make excuses for the lifestyle choices and actions of others.

Sorry if I sound a bit right of Attila the Hun here but I'm a bit fed up of excuses made for people's decisions, life choices and conduct in general in relation to drugs, violent conduct, excessive drinking, dangerous driving, refusing to get a job and living on state benefits etc. Very often innocent people pay the price for these choices. I'm afraid in many cases it's just not acceptable. The road to ruin is paved with excuses.

What about the children of addicts? Do they have a choice in the situation they innocently find themselves in?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 17:01]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 17:19 - Oct 9 with 1882 viewswestwalesed

Wow, just wow.

All I will say that in my field (Mental Health) virtually all the people I work with have some form of substance abuse, and virtually all of those have experienced trauma or abuse in their lives. Usually in childhood.

People use substances to escape physical and/or mental pain.

And that is how it begins.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 17:32 - Oct 9 with 1873 viewsMeraki

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 17:19 - Oct 9 by westwalesed

Wow, just wow.

All I will say that in my field (Mental Health) virtually all the people I work with have some form of substance abuse, and virtually all of those have experienced trauma or abuse in their lives. Usually in childhood.

People use substances to escape physical and/or mental pain.

And that is how it begins.

Ignorance is bliss.
Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 18:29 - Oct 9 with 1842 viewsPozuelosSideys

How on earth can you bundle diseases such as drug abuse and alcoholism in alongside "errors of judgement" such as refusing to get a job, living on bens and drink driving. Not even remotely comparable. Did you think about what you were writing? Utterly bizarre.

Anyway, that woman Theroux was spending time with played him like an absolute fiddle.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 00:28 - Oct 10 with 1769 viewsYossarian

Did he really have to go to exotic West Virginia and who paid for that? What’s wrong with any one of dozens of cities in the UK? It might have woken a few people up.....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 05:48 - Oct 10 with 1734 viewsLoyal

Trying to find a convenient river where two people live in tents and then orchestrate numerous scenes for the programme has to be done well away from the U.K. It's more believable then.
Oh, and don't forget to blame prescription pain killers, apparently they were also to blame for the twin towers thing as well.

That programme was a sham, anyone who actually thinks it was real has lived under the bed for too long. Totally orchestrated, and if you thought in any way that was real you have been unbelievably suckered by a guy who has been at it for years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 12:27 - Oct 10 with 1661 viewswhoflungdung

Interesting stuff Loyal

Do you remember the prog from SA when he interviewed Eugene Terreblache, gladly now no longer with us.

Not sure that was staged

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 18:09 - Oct 10 with 1581 viewsyescomeon

Have people missed the point? The program is specifically about the opiate addiction in the US stemming from over prescription of opiates by doctors in the US under pressure from drug companies. Its an interesting and terrifying, I've had plenty of stuff come though social media via vice on the topic. Its an absolute disgrace that it has been allowed to happen and the drug companies should be hauled over the coals for it and made to pay the full cost of cleaning up the mess they've caused. But they won't, perhaps a few million here and they from lawsuits but this will cost billions to clean up and generations will be lost. Some of the stats on it at just staggering, if I were American I would be truly livid about it.

Upthecity!

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 18:13 - Oct 10 with 1579 viewsMeraki

Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 18:09 - Oct 10 by yescomeon

Have people missed the point? The program is specifically about the opiate addiction in the US stemming from over prescription of opiates by doctors in the US under pressure from drug companies. Its an interesting and terrifying, I've had plenty of stuff come though social media via vice on the topic. Its an absolute disgrace that it has been allowed to happen and the drug companies should be hauled over the coals for it and made to pay the full cost of cleaning up the mess they've caused. But they won't, perhaps a few million here and they from lawsuits but this will cost billions to clean up and generations will be lost. Some of the stats on it at just staggering, if I were American I would be truly livid about it.

What you on about mun, it was all just staged!
Louis Theroux on BBC2 now on 18:15 - Oct 10 with 1575 viewssquarebear

I think advertisers on US television have done a better job of normalising drug use than we see here in the UK. It's quite cleverly done, methinks. So dosing up on pain relief is endemic. Rather than "Don't eat that twelfth donut you fat get" it's "Hey, we all get a bit of acid after dinner. Nowt to worry about. Try a couple of these".

And if your kids act up in school? ADHD, obviously. Et a few Ritalin down their necks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024