Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 10:01 - Oct 9 with 15734 viewsSwansTrust

The minutes from the Trust Board meeting held on 4 September 2017 are now available on our website.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 12:16 - Oct 11 with 3429 viewsQJumpingJack

It is very well setting limits but people need to be prepared to take on the role.
I am not too sure there have been many people willing to stand over the last few years.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 12:39 - Oct 11 with 3402 viewswhiterock

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 12:16 - Oct 11 by QJumpingJack

It is very well setting limits but people need to be prepared to take on the role.
I am not too sure there have been many people willing to stand over the last few years.

And get ridiculed by all and sundry
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 14:19 - Oct 11 with 3338 viewsMeraki

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 12:39 - Oct 11 by whiterock

And get ridiculed by all and sundry

Well thats the way it has ended up for various reasons, the have taken their fair share of plaudits over the years and some of them have done alright out of their roles as well.

When you start lying to people, you can expect some ridicule and criticism.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:42 - Oct 11 with 3251 viewsTheResurrection

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 12:16 - Oct 11 by QJumpingJack

Bollox

It's an absolute SCANDAL that Phil and others are still on the Board after so long.

It's all down to them, the individual, to address this and the failure to do so is the biggest legacy they will leave.

They think they "are" The Trust, that it's about them, the few, not the honesty and credibility of the organisation.

It should be the duty of the Board members to promote their positions and be involved in appointing their successor from the applications received.

The more I think about this the more facked up it becomes and angry I get.

Phil, great guy, but he's just one person out of thousands and thousands. He'snot an heir to a throne and had no right to the seat, especially past the 2 to 3 year mark. It's a bit bloody egocentric to think nobody else could bloody do it.

This needs sorting and I can't believe they just continue to stick two fingers up to the support at large.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:48 - Oct 11 with 3244 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:42 - Oct 11 by TheResurrection

Bollox

It's an absolute SCANDAL that Phil and others are still on the Board after so long.

It's all down to them, the individual, to address this and the failure to do so is the biggest legacy they will leave.

They think they "are" The Trust, that it's about them, the few, not the honesty and credibility of the organisation.

It should be the duty of the Board members to promote their positions and be involved in appointing their successor from the applications received.

Phil, great guy, but he's just one person out of thousands and thousands. He'snot an heir to a throne and had no right to the seat, especially past the 2 to 3 year mark. It's a bit bloody egocentric to think nobody else could bloody do it.

This needs sorting and I can't believe they just continue to stick two fingers up to the support at large.

So if they all stood down tomorrow who would take over?

Serious question.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:53 - Oct 11 with 3242 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:48 - Oct 11 by Darran

So if they all stood down tomorrow who would take over?

Serious question.

If they all stood down tomorrow, would anyone notice?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:03 - Oct 11 with 3233 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:53 - Oct 11 by Neath_Jack

If they all stood down tomorrow, would anyone notice?

Ok fair point. If they all stood down before the sale shares as is planned to the Yanks who would be in charge/Trustees/whatever of the millions in the bank?

We can disagree all night about this but if people aren't prepared to come forward what happens?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:14 - Oct 11 with 3226 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:03 - Oct 11 by Darran

Ok fair point. If they all stood down before the sale shares as is planned to the Yanks who would be in charge/Trustees/whatever of the millions in the bank?

We can disagree all night about this but if people aren't prepared to come forward what happens?

I tell you what, if people like Res, Lisa and ECB joined the board in prominent positions, I’d rejoin tomorrow.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:17 - Oct 11 with 3220 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:14 - Oct 11 by Neath_Jack

I tell you what, if people like Res, Lisa and ECB joined the board in prominent positions, I’d rejoin tomorrow.

Well that's the problem isn't it you can't just join the board mun.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:25 - Oct 11 with 3215 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:17 - Oct 11 by Darran

Well that's the problem isn't it you can't just join the board mun.

Needs to change then doesn’t it or else nothing will improve.

That is the crux of it all.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:34 - Oct 11 with 3188 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:25 - Oct 11 by Neath_Jack

Needs to change then doesn’t it or else nothing will improve.

That is the crux of it all.

Well I don't know change in what way? I'm not being a twát here J but there are rules in place where every person has to apply for re-election after two years and you have to go on the board for a certain amount of time (I think) before you can apply for a lead role like Chairman/Sec/Treasurer etc.
You can't co-opt a non-Trust member on either.

What is your suggestion?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 23:07 - Oct 11 with 3162 viewsMillie

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:42 - Oct 11 by TheResurrection

Bollox

Are u a member?
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 23:27 - Oct 11 with 3147 viewsbuilthjack

My work colleague, whogo 3 Season tickets this year, says they are joining the trust on Saturday. So numbers will be up!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 00:37 - Oct 12 with 3125 viewsTheResurrection

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 23:07 - Oct 11 by Millie

Are u a member?

No chance, for far too long now it's become everything I hate.

Self regulating, self indulging, covers up its own mess, ,closes stable doors after the horse bolts, unfairly influences, completely untransparent with almost zero communication.

And then a system and unofficial policy to keep the same people on board no matter what.

What about you these days?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 00:42 - Oct 12 with 3120 viewsGaryjack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 23:07 - Oct 11 by Millie

Are u a member?

Huw, there are many on here who were members but have not renewed simply down to the reasons that the Res has stated. The 'are you a member' arguement is pissing in the wind now mate.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 07:36 - Oct 12 with 3055 viewsMillie

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 00:37 - Oct 12 by TheResurrection

No chance, for far too long now it's become everything I hate.

Self regulating, self indulging, covers up its own mess, ,closes stable doors after the horse bolts, unfairly influences, completely untransparent with almost zero communication.

And then a system and unofficial policy to keep the same people on board no matter what.

What about you these days?

Of course I’m a member, you say no openings for new blood but 3 new members were voted on in July
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 07:50 - Oct 12 with 3043 viewsBigPhilG

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 07:36 - Oct 12 by Millie

Of course I’m a member, you say no openings for new blood but 3 new members were voted on in July

Did they have to know any funny handshakes ?
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 07:57 - Oct 12 with 3036 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 22:34 - Oct 11 by Darran

Well I don't know change in what way? I'm not being a twát here J but there are rules in place where every person has to apply for re-election after two years and you have to go on the board for a certain amount of time (I think) before you can apply for a lead role like Chairman/Sec/Treasurer etc.
You can't co-opt a non-Trust member on either.

What is your suggestion?

The rules need to change to stop it getting stifled the way it is.

To me, from the outside, it looks like a closed shop. I don't really understand the co-opting etc but look at when Mat off here tried getting on the board (i know he got on eventually).

What's even funnier is Huw commenting on the rights and wrongs of the Trust, even though he was thrown under the bus by them.

The day we got into the Premier League, with all it's trappings, was the day that the Trust lost it's teeth.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 08:14 - Oct 12 with 3024 viewsmonmouth

I agree with Loyal. Nice guys, Phil’s a really good sort but its day is done. Put the money in a real Trust fund. Keep a member on the board to represent ALL supporters (someone who will fight and communicate, unlike Mr invisible) and bin the subscriptions, the organisation, and the Board. Then all stop having to put themselves out. It’s done. At least until we are back in the shit.

This Jenkins support session is the Nadir. That’s even worse than toothless.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 10:14 - Oct 12 with 2980 viewsDafyddHuw

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 07:36 - Oct 12 by Millie

Ah yes, 3 new members. Everyone knew to vote for them cos they came from the pool of candidates where one spoke Welsh, one was an MD of his own company and one had been a Jack since 2 months old.

That's about all the information they gave us to decoide if they should be Trust board members or not. Are you satisfied with that?

Btw, why do you feel the need to ask posters if they're members of the Trust or not?
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 11:35 - Oct 12 with 2956 viewsSmellyplumz

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 00:42 - Oct 12 by Garyjack

Huw, there are many on here who were members but have not renewed simply down to the reasons that the Res has stated. The 'are you a member' arguement is pissing in the wind now mate.

Yep I was a member but I'll not renew again after all the shambles that's gone on. Mind you if people did join then they could end up like Huw Cooze or fatty Dineen.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 15:43 - Oct 12 with 2884 viewsNookiejack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 08:14 - Oct 12 by monmouth

I agree with Loyal. Nice guys, Phil’s a really good sort but its day is done. Put the money in a real Trust fund. Keep a member on the board to represent ALL supporters (someone who will fight and communicate, unlike Mr invisible) and bin the subscriptions, the organisation, and the Board. Then all stop having to put themselves out. It’s done. At least until we are back in the shit.

This Jenkins support session is the Nadir. That’s even worse than toothless.

Re Put the money in a real Trust Fund

The longer there is no news about the Trust banking the £5m for the sale of 5% of its 21% holding, the more one thinks Yanks Offer was only conditional on the Trust reinvesting the proceeds in stadium expansion.

Maybe the future chronology is:-

1. Yanks agree deal with Council.
2. Phil / Uxbridge give 3 options for stadium expansion with a recommended one to reinvest the proceeds in the stadium expansion.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 20:53 - Oct 12 with 2803 viewsQJumpingJack

Nookie - have you ever stood for election. You have so much to give to the Trust.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 21:05 - Oct 12 with 2789 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

To quote Stuart McDonald, Supporters Director, "This is a critical time for the Trust, both in terms of working with the football club to ensure the voice of our members is heard, but also better engaging with our members to properly understand their concerns and wishes."

How about engaging with your members about the issues raised in this thread? There are plenty of concerns and wishes. Please make yourself known and accessible, whether via this site or by email, Twitter etc, so that people can help you properly understand their concerns and wishes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 12:13 - Oct 13 with 2665 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - September 2017 on 15:43 - Oct 12 by Nookiejack

Re Put the money in a real Trust Fund

The longer there is no news about the Trust banking the £5m for the sale of 5% of its 21% holding, the more one thinks Yanks Offer was only conditional on the Trust reinvesting the proceeds in stadium expansion.

Maybe the future chronology is:-

1. Yanks agree deal with Council.
2. Phil / Uxbridge give 3 options for stadium expansion with a recommended one to reinvest the proceeds in the stadium expansion.

That's one possible reality I guess. Not one I'd recognise.

The offer was presented to the members. If the detail isn't as presented to the members, then the deal can't happen IMO. The offer was presented as any decision on use of funds being purely at the discretion of the Trust's members, so if that changes then the deal can't happen.

That's my view anyway. Not that I have more than 1/15th of the vote. A view which I stated to you ad nauseum months ago, but cheers for forgetting that. I'll just add this - I wouldn't be voting for any use of Trust funds that would be for the benefit of the majority shareholders and not the Trust. I personally couldn't see any scenario where the Trust would use its funds for stadium expansion anyway, but that's just me.

it's been a while since one of these threads (not that I read this site every day unlike someone thinks, my ever decreasing sanity and hairline couldn't cope with that, especially after the events of the past few months). Some good points, but as ever they often get lost by some less good points and the usual abuse.

The funny thing is, ideally I'd agree with a lot of the comments with regards to term limits, rotation of the Trust board etc. The Trust would be stronger for it, and the members engagement with the Trust would be too. New people equals new ideas equals new energy. All very desirable. However, and it really can't be stressed enough, people need to stand for election or make themselves available for that to happen.

Some names get called out on this thread as welcome additions, and I agree they'd be more than, but the silence is deafening. And, you know what, that's fair enough - nobody should be stand for something they don't feel they have the time to do it justice. However, and it does need stressing, the Trust board can only constitute new blood if new blood actually applies - luckily that's happened to some degree and there were two new people this summer, and a couple the year before. To say it's a closed shop defies reality. And, the great thing is that those new people are making their presence felt already, which is great. More of that please. Seriously.

The Trust faces many challenges both now and in the future. Starting with membership numbers, numbers are roughly consistent with this time over past seasons, however it's clearly not as high as anyone would like (and hasn't been since it was free). A subgroup is coming up with some ways to look at the reasons why that happens, ways to improve it, make membership more attractive etc. If you were a member last year then you'll be being contacted in the coming weeks if you haven't been already.

In terms of visibility, I think the relative lack of presence in the past few weeks has been a result of catching our breath after the two ballots of the past couple of months. That and the discussions with the Americans in terms of the details of the negotiations (and there will be more on that in the coming days and weeks). However, and this has been a historic problem that the Trust has never really got to grips with on a consistent basis, there needs to be better and more frequent communication. Again, this is something a group is looking at and will look to implement some improvements in the coming weeks.

Leading on from that, it's the names that are known that get the brickbats. That comes with the territory I guess when you put your head above the parapet. Stu Mac's been mentioned a few times on this thread, and I think some points are fair but very much depend on how you view them. True, he's not very visible online. However he's hardly hiding - go in the corner of the East Stand and you'll see him more often than not. Ditto away from home. He's not hiding in the director's box by any means.

I also know how often he's meeting with the club and putting the fans views there. Does anyone seriously think the Man Utd tickets would have been £20/£10 for ST/JA if he hadn't been pushing for that? That's one example. He's meeting weekly with the likes of Pearlman and other senior people at the club. This has been mentioned in past Trust releases etc, but I guess this comes back to that communication issue again.

The fanbase is very diverse these days - geographically, age (physically and in terms of being a fan) and also in what they want. So is the Trust to some degree, both members and board. Appealing to as wide a constituency is another of the big challenges the Trust will face, especially as long as we remain in the top flight.

I'll end with this. The Trust board consists of 15 members I think it is. Nobody joined that, or stuck around for a significant period of time, because of what they could get out of it. There's no personal benefit to it, and a whole load of abuse half the time. I joined in the hope I could make a difference and believed in the principle of it. I can't know, but I can only believe that's the same for everyone else. If you want the Trust to change, then make that happen - either by being a member or standing for election.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024