Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council funding figures for Wales.... 16:01 - Oct 10 with 8342 viewsWxmJax

.....have been announced. Cuts for every council in Wales bar one. Any guesses ?

From Wrexham website

http://www.wrexham.com/news/further-0-3-cut-on-the-cards-for-wrexham-council-as-

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 22:36 - Oct 10 with 2736 viewsDan_Swan

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 22:03 - Oct 10 by vetchonian

Vote to abolish the assembly think of how much money we can save

Strange thing is Swansea voted for it & Cardiff against it....

Swansea & Cardiff battled to get WAG based in their respective cities and lo & behold it went to a City that didn't even want it!

Still following Dr's orders!

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 22:42 - Oct 10 with 2732 viewsnice_to_michu

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:53 - Oct 10 by Dan_Swan

Eh? There are in the region of 110,000 properties in Swansea. Very roughly the average bill is £1,000 , that's £107m . Expenditure i'm led to believe in the region of £750m. This is equal to approximately 15% of the budget.

If you also factor in Non-Domestic rates that is an additional £75m (approximately), nearing 25% of the Authorities income....

Well, given that most people assume that council tax goes towards basically every job, pothole, wheelie bin, I don't think 25% is a lot.

Relatively.
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 23:09 - Oct 10 with 2719 viewsDan_Swan

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 22:42 - Oct 10 by nice_to_michu

Well, given that most people assume that council tax goes towards basically every job, pothole, wheelie bin, I don't think 25% is a lot.

Relatively.

25% is hefty chunk, no matter how anyone looks at it. But I'll just agree to disagree on that. Genuinely, I don't believe that percentage covers the salaries.

Still following Dr's orders!

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 23:14 - Oct 10 with 2712 viewsnice_to_michu

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 23:09 - Oct 10 by Dan_Swan

25% is hefty chunk, no matter how anyone looks at it. But I'll just agree to disagree on that. Genuinely, I don't believe that percentage covers the salaries.

I have no idea if that covers salaries or not, but I'm not sure why that matters?
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 23:20 - Oct 10 with 2697 viewsPozuelosSideys

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 23:14 - Oct 10 by nice_to_michu

I have no idea if that covers salaries or not, but I'm not sure why that matters?

Thatd be the biggest cost outlay, wouldnt it? Or at least one of them.

Anyway, suspect Cardiff is the one which gets an increase due to some sort of ROI kicker in the methodology. They probably hit some targets while nobody else did.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 23:56 - Oct 10 with 2688 viewsnice_to_michu

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 23:20 - Oct 10 by PozuelosSideys

Thatd be the biggest cost outlay, wouldnt it? Or at least one of them.

Anyway, suspect Cardiff is the one which gets an increase due to some sort of ROI kicker in the methodology. They probably hit some targets while nobody else did.

It might well be the biggest cost outlay, but I just wasn't sure what that had to do with how much it contributes to the local government expenditure. It is what it is.
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 02:19 - Oct 11 with 2670 viewsmajorraglan

According to the figures I saw, Cardiff had a .2 per cent increase, Swansea a .1 per cent decrease and the test of the Swansea Bay and Carmarthenshire went down by around .5 per cent. Next years budget will be even smaller. To be honest I think it's shocking.
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 07:44 - Oct 11 with 2632 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 22:36 - Oct 10 by Dan_Swan

Strange thing is Swansea voted for it & Cardiff against it....

Swansea & Cardiff battled to get WAG based in their respective cities and lo & behold it went to a City that didn't even want it!

Nor did they have a building or a plan for one. Ours was costed and we offered The Guildhall up as HQ.
The outcome was the first, and one of the worst, Cardiff centric actions by WAG. It eventually cost hundreds of millions more to house it there plus millions were wasted here on our campaign to get the thing in the first place.
It has been downhill all the way for Swansea and the rest of Wales since.
'Some are born great, some achieve greatness and others have it foisted upon them'.....how true.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 07:51 - Oct 11 with 2624 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 22:42 - Oct 10 by nice_to_michu

Relatively.

Has anyone got the split percentagewise between central and local funding for LAs? I doubt it varies much between each Authority although Cardiff may be different I suspect.
When I was in LG central funding was king. I suspect that gap has been closed as LG is abandoned by both central govt and the Assembly who sit on their hands and do not fight their corner. In fact I think Carwyn quite likes the situation as he can wheel out his 'not me gov' line when he is questioned.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 09:13 - Oct 11 with 2598 viewswhiterock

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:41 - Oct 10 by Jackfath

I can't remember as I was outraged by what I was hearing.

Lets be clear, he mentioned squeezing every sinew to make it work
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 10:30 - Oct 11 with 2559 viewsjohnlangy

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 07:44 - Oct 11 by Private_Partz

Nor did they have a building or a plan for one. Ours was costed and we offered The Guildhall up as HQ.
The outcome was the first, and one of the worst, Cardiff centric actions by WAG. It eventually cost hundreds of millions more to house it there plus millions were wasted here on our campaign to get the thing in the first place.
'Some are born great, some achieve greatness and others have it foisted upon them'.....how true.

The Guildhall could have been redesigned internally within the budget specifically stated in the Green/White paper. That budget was, believe it or not, £3.75 million. That is NOT a typo.

Instead the con men in the Assembly decided instead to spend £70 million on a brand new Assembly building completely ignoring what was originally budgeted for.

If you really want to get your blood boiling about what a self serving bunch of con men we have in the upper echelons of Welsh Society have a read of 'Cardiff Bay/Corruption Bay' on the jacothenorth blog site.
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 07:36 - Oct 12 with 2490 viewsclloy2

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 17:53 - Oct 10 by nice_to_michu

Probably because their population increased by a lot.....

And why does their population increase so much- Oh let me guess !!!

Its a self fulfilling one city state policy, being played out right in front of us.

Centre all the investment jobs, infrastructure, trinkets, government, transport, hospitals, shopping, you name it in Cardiff and the S.East and guess what everyone will naturally levitate to moving there.

Absolutely shocking what these politicians are being allowed to get away with. If the Labour run Cardiff WAG decided to remove all funding from Swansea altogether most of the muppets down here would still vote for them.
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 07:40 - Oct 12 with 2487 viewsclloy2

We can thank Ron the Badger Davies and all the other corrupt Cardiff based politicians for that particular travesty.
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 08:19 - Oct 12 with 2473 viewstrampie

Cardiff gets more than its fair share, Swansea gets its fair share and the rest of Wales does not get it's fair share.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 12:50 - Oct 12 with 2437 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I wonder if the process of issuing of the building contracts/tenders was 100% transparent? How about the land costs etc etc? I don't know if the Wales audit office was in existence then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 12:54 - Oct 12 with 2435 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 07:36 - Oct 12 by clloy2

And why does their population increase so much- Oh let me guess !!!

Its a self fulfilling one city state policy, being played out right in front of us.

Centre all the investment jobs, infrastructure, trinkets, government, transport, hospitals, shopping, you name it in Cardiff and the S.East and guess what everyone will naturally levitate to moving there.

Absolutely shocking what these politicians are being allowed to get away with. If the Labour run Cardiff WAG decided to remove all funding from Swansea altogether most of the muppets down here would still vote for them.

It would be nice to hold a new poll all these years on that covers the whole of wales asking the electorate - "if you knew the assembly would have turned out the way it has before you voted for devolution - would you have voted against it?"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 08:32 - Oct 14 with 2330 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 12:50 - Oct 12 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder if the process of issuing of the building contracts/tenders was 100% transparent? How about the land costs etc etc? I don't know if the Wales audit office was in existence then

Langy''s advice above is a goody. Check out Jac O the North''s site and the article on 'Bay of Corruption'. It was as dodgy as Hell. British Ports and Lord Crickhowell do not come out of it very well at all. Of course our Cardiff based media will not touch it. Jac has some barmy politics but one thing he does do is back up his articles with masses of detail. A treasure trove for a real investigative journalist. Unfortunately none exist in this area.
Also check out the cronies and jobs for the boys in the Red Tories' Charity and Housing Assiciation work. It is shocking.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 10:59]

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 08:35 - Oct 14 with 2327 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 12:54 - Oct 12 by Brynmill_Jack

It would be nice to hold a new poll all these years on that covers the whole of wales asking the electorate - "if you knew the assembly would have turned out the way it has before you voted for devolution - would you have voted against it?"

There is no doubt that that West, Mid and North Wales find it totally irrelevant.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:15 - Oct 15 with 2250 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 08:35 - Oct 14 by Private_Partz

There is no doubt that that West, Mid and North Wales find it totally irrelevant.

Really? What about the 2011 referendum on full primary law making powers for the Assembly? It was a full 13 years after the Assembly had been established and nearly 65% of voters were in favour of increasing the Assembly’s law making powers. Every area of Wales voted in favour of those increased powers except Monmouth. Which as we all know is in the south east. Not in west, mid or north Wales.

Poll: Tory leader

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:17 - Oct 15 with 2248 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone who thought there was even the slightest f*cking chance that the Aseembly would have ended up anywhere other than Cardiff needed their heads read. It was that kind of dopiness that led to the yes vote in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:20 - Oct 15 with 2243 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:17 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

Anyone who thought there was even the slightest f*cking chance that the Aseembly would have ended up anywhere other than Cardiff needed their heads read. It was that kind of dopiness that led to the yes vote in the first place.

Isn’t it funny how you disparage referendum results where the outcome has the temerity not to accord with your personal opinion. Hypocrite.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:26 - Oct 15 with 2228 viewsDr_Winston

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:20 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

Isn’t it funny how you disparage referendum results where the outcome has the temerity not to accord with your personal opinion. Hypocrite.

Who's pissed on your cornflakes this morning?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:31 - Oct 15 with 2225 viewsmax936

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:53 - Oct 10 by Dan_Swan

Eh? There are in the region of 110,000 properties in Swansea. Very roughly the average bill is £1,000 , that's £107m . Expenditure i'm led to believe in the region of £750m. This is equal to approximately 15% of the budget.

If you also factor in Non-Domestic rates that is an additional £75m (approximately), nearing 25% of the Authorities income....

£152 a month for 10 months I pay for my Council Tax that's £1,520 this year its scandalous ffs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:32 - Oct 15 with 2219 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:26 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

Who's pissed on your cornflakes this morning?

No answer to the hypocrisy charge though. So if I was to say that everyone who voted to leave the EU is a stupid racist you’d be fine with that clearly, seeing as you’re ok to say that everyone who voted for devolution is somehow “dopey”. Personally, as you know, I’d never have another referendum on anything. They’re cowardly and invalid in a parliamentary democracy. We elect governments to make decisions on our behalf.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 11:41 - Oct 15 with 2209 viewsDafyddHuw

I wrote to my AM about this and got this reply -

Thank you very much for the email.

Local government funding allocations are made on the basis of a formula which is jointly agreed between the Welsh Government and the Welsh Local Government Association.

There are several elements to the agreed formula, but the most significant are:
i) the number of people resident in the local authority
ii) the number of school aged children resident in the local authority area.

The formula means that funding can be allocated on an objective basis, based on agreed needs.

This does mean that more heavily populated local authorities with larger numbers of school aged children receive a higher allocation. Swansea's allocation is the third highest after Cardiff and Rhondda Cynon Taff. As a result of the formula, Swansea's allocation has been cut by 0.1% this year, which (jointly with Anglesey and Gwynedd) is the lowest percentage cut. The Welsh Government does, however, put in place a fully funded floor, which means that no local authority faces a reduction of more than 1% in its core funding in 2018/19.

The settlement provides the largest single component of funding for local authorities - but this is not the only part. Other funding components include specific grants, council tax, and income.

The Welsh Government's priority has been to try and protect councils from the worst of the cuts that have been passed from the UK Government as a result of their policy of austerity.

I hope this information is helpful.

If I can be of further assistance on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

With kind regards,

Rebecca
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024