Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harvey Weinstein 11:02 - Oct 11 with 32454 viewsswanjackal

Worst kept secret in Hollywood?

Much respect for the woman who put the safety of others, and herself, above her career to finally get the proof to shut down this alleged serial predator. Shame it has taken three decades.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 13:17]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Harvey Weinstein on 12:57 - Oct 12 with 1656 viewsKerouac

Harvey Weinstein on 12:46 - Oct 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I've always thought Elijah Wood was telling the truth and I hope that is the next 'well known' scandal that finally becomes public.

Unfortunately I think you're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Horvey Weinstein on 13:06 - Oct 12 with 1641 viewsLegend83

Horvey Weinstein on 13:32 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

And I find it extraordinary that in a situation where a man has been systematically abusing and in some cases allegedly raping women that it's somehow the fault of women.

Where are your calls for Brad Pitt or Matt Damon or Ben Affleck to have spoken up Darran?

Oh right, it's the fault of women and only women if a man is a sexual predator.

Thankfully the vast majority of men are way more developed than people like you and the idiot Dwight.

Rose McGowan is being a hypocrite though with her tweets - "this is the girl that was hurt by a monster, this is who you are shaming with your silence" and "Ladies of Hollywood, your silence is deafening".

I understand an emotional reaction, but she is basically accusing others of doing exactly what she did for the last 20 years (as well as allegedly accepting payment from Weinstein lawyers to keep schtum).
Harvey Weinstein on 14:18 - Oct 12 with 1606 viewsHighjack

Harvey Weinstein on 12:46 - Oct 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I've always thought Elijah Wood was telling the truth and I hope that is the next 'well known' scandal that finally becomes public.

What scandal? I haven't heard about Elijah wood.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Harvey Weinstein on 14:26 - Oct 12 with 1600 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 14:18 - Oct 12 by Highjack

What scandal? I haven't heard about Elijah wood.

The same scandal Cory Feldman was talking about...

The tentacles occasionally break the water and we catch a glimpse...there is a large Cthulhu just out of sight, below the surface.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Horvey Weinstein on 14:44 - Oct 12 with 1579 viewslondonlisa2001

Horvey Weinstein on 13:06 - Oct 12 by Legend83

Rose McGowan is being a hypocrite though with her tweets - "this is the girl that was hurt by a monster, this is who you are shaming with your silence" and "Ladies of Hollywood, your silence is deafening".

I understand an emotional reaction, but she is basically accusing others of doing exactly what she did for the last 20 years (as well as allegedly accepting payment from Weinstein lawyers to keep schtum).

No, she's not.

There's a huge difference in a young kid in her early twenties staying quiet about being attacked by one of the most powerful people in the industry when she knew she would get destroyed, and actresses now being vocal about what's gone on after the story has been blown open.

Even now, she's been removed by twitter. For what? Compared to the sort of constant hate speech the platform carries without a murmur. Imagine what could have happened to her had she reported him all those years ago without (as far as she knew), any backup at all. Her career would have been finished and she'd have never had the opportunity to give her side of the story.

The money remark is typical of the problem she would have faced. Oh, she accepted money, she doesn't have the right to say anything. Nonsense. She was given a choice at a young age - take the money and shut up or we will destroy you. I'm sure that now she wishes she'd been able to do something else, but 20 years ago was a very different time, and even now it's bad enough.
Horvey Weinstein on 15:05 - Oct 12 with 1563 viewsLegend83

Horvey Weinstein on 14:44 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

No, she's not.

There's a huge difference in a young kid in her early twenties staying quiet about being attacked by one of the most powerful people in the industry when she knew she would get destroyed, and actresses now being vocal about what's gone on after the story has been blown open.

Even now, she's been removed by twitter. For what? Compared to the sort of constant hate speech the platform carries without a murmur. Imagine what could have happened to her had she reported him all those years ago without (as far as she knew), any backup at all. Her career would have been finished and she'd have never had the opportunity to give her side of the story.

The money remark is typical of the problem she would have faced. Oh, she accepted money, she doesn't have the right to say anything. Nonsense. She was given a choice at a young age - take the money and shut up or we will destroy you. I'm sure that now she wishes she'd been able to do something else, but 20 years ago was a very different time, and even now it's bad enough.

I take your points.

And certainly agree with an earlier point you made about why it had to be women who came forward - the example of Brad Pitt being a classic. He actually threatened to assault Weinstein after the Paltrow incident, yet happily made another two films with the man and stood on the red carpet arm in arm with him beaming like a goon.

The whole sorry affair is sordid, it's a sordid, nasty industry and with a combination of the likes of Weinstein (and probably many others) in positions of absolute power and hordes of wannabe film stars vulnerable to these types of situations, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the next YewTree.
Harvey Weinstein on 15:54 - Oct 12 with 1530 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What the hell is happening here?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Horvey Weinstein on 16:12 - Oct 12 with 1516 viewslondonlisa2001

Horvey Weinstein on 15:05 - Oct 12 by Legend83

I take your points.

And certainly agree with an earlier point you made about why it had to be women who came forward - the example of Brad Pitt being a classic. He actually threatened to assault Weinstein after the Paltrow incident, yet happily made another two films with the man and stood on the red carpet arm in arm with him beaming like a goon.

The whole sorry affair is sordid, it's a sordid, nasty industry and with a combination of the likes of Weinstein (and probably many others) in positions of absolute power and hordes of wannabe film stars vulnerable to these types of situations, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the next YewTree.

I agree about Brad Pitt.

Ben Affleck is certainly not coming out of this well either.

And your wider point is spot on, the industry is sordid. I have no doubt that there are many men who have been assaulted as well - I imagine they may be quite circumspect in coming forward because of accusations that will be made. But I think this is the tip of the iceberg and many other studio heads (including women incidentally), will be guilty of similar behaviour to young aspiring stars.
Login to get fewer ads

Harvey Weinstein on 16:18 - Oct 12 with 1511 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 15:54 - Oct 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Rita Ora looks unwilling to let go of Oprah whatever it is. Oprah doesn't look 100% about it either and looks like she's pulling Rita Ora away. But that's just because now these accusations have been made everything will look suspicious, even if it isn't.

From memory, The Butler was Weinstein wasn't it?
Harvey Weinstein on 16:22 - Oct 12 with 1501 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 15:54 - Oct 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Harvey: "....and that's how you take care of potted plants in this climate, Rita"
Oprah: "It's true, darling, I do it myself"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:24 - Oct 12 with 1495 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:18 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

Rita Ora looks unwilling to let go of Oprah whatever it is. Oprah doesn't look 100% about it either and looks like she's pulling Rita Ora away. But that's just because now these accusations have been made everything will look suspicious, even if it isn't.

Yes, poor Rita still thinks Oprah's on her side....she'll learn.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:24 - Oct 12 with 1494 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Harvey Weinstein on 16:18 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

Yes it was.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Harvey Weinstein on 16:24 - Oct 12 with 1493 viewsDarran

I wonder if Oprah had any shit on Harvey? Perhaps she knew all along and was afraid it may harm her career,perhaps it'll take off one day.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Harvey Weinstein on 16:26 - Oct 12 with 1491 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:24 - Oct 12 by Darran

I wonder if Oprah had any shit on Harvey? Perhaps she knew all along and was afraid it may harm her career,perhaps it'll take off one day.

Oprah Knew. And she knows who else is and who isn't.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:26 - Oct 12 with 1488 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 16:24 - Oct 12 by Mo_Wives

Yes, poor Rita still thinks Oprah's on her side....she'll learn.

What are you on about?

I mean I'm assuming that you're not making some sort of 'Oprah is gay so therefore is a predator' type comment?
Harvey Weinstein on 16:33 - Oct 12 with 1480 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 16:26 - Oct 12 by Mo_Wives

Oprah Knew. And she knows who else is and who isn't.

Why do you say Oprah knew? Because she worked with him? So did every other film star in America and virtually all in the U.K. as well.
Harvey Weinstein on 16:35 - Oct 12 with 1478 viewsDarran

Harvey Weinstein on 16:33 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

Why do you say Oprah knew? Because she worked with him? So did every other film star in America and virtually all in the U.K. as well.

So Oprah didn't know then Lis?

Harvey Weinstein on 16:38 - Oct 12 with 1472 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:26 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

What are you on about?

I mean I'm assuming that you're not making some sort of 'Oprah is gay so therefore is a predator' type comment?

No. I'm saying one of the most powerful women in Hollywood doesn't become one of the most powerful women in Hollywood by choosing to take the side of low level actresses over the most powerful men in Hollywood.

Also, one of the most powerful women in Hollywood knows what goes on amongst the other elite of Hollywood. Walls have ears.

And if you think one of the most powerful women in Hollywood would risk all that power to protect an actress/singer....then carry on living your fantasy. Hollywood is a cesspit and the people who get to the top are snakes.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:42 - Oct 12 with 1460 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 16:35 - Oct 12 by Darran

So Oprah didn't know then Lis?

No idea.

Neither does anyone else. Why is it only women being picked on?
Harvey Weinstein on 16:46 - Oct 12 with 1454 viewsDarran

Harvey Weinstein on 16:42 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

No idea.

Ah right the way you were talking I thought you did.

Who's picking on women? I hope every man involved goes the way of Vito Spatafore.

Harvey Weinstein on 16:47 - Oct 12 with 1454 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 16:42 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

No idea.

It’s funny isn’t it? In a perverse kind of way. Hollywood mogul is outed as serial sex offender, all Planet Swans is interested in is how many women knew about it. Some on her have serious issues and should probably seek counselling for the safety of themselves and others.

Poll: Tory leader

Harvey Weinstein on 16:49 - Oct 12 with 1450 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 16:38 - Oct 12 by Mo_Wives

No. I'm saying one of the most powerful women in Hollywood doesn't become one of the most powerful women in Hollywood by choosing to take the side of low level actresses over the most powerful men in Hollywood.

Also, one of the most powerful women in Hollywood knows what goes on amongst the other elite of Hollywood. Walls have ears.

And if you think one of the most powerful women in Hollywood would risk all that power to protect an actress/singer....then carry on living your fantasy. Hollywood is a cesspit and the people who get to the top are snakes.

Who knows who knew what.

I just find it odd that people are only choosing to focus on whether women knew or not and are not doing the same with men.

I agree that the industry is a cesspit. This is, I'm sure, the start of it. It's already reaching out.

As for Oprah - I've no idea what she does or doesn't know. Only she will (and possibly her best friend Gayle, of course). Although I agree with the premise about powerful people in general.

The secrecy in that industry is astonishing though. How they manage to hide stuff is incredible. I mean not just abuse, but the reality of people's lives. Travolta. Cruise. Clooney. Will Smith. So many stars that seem to have completely manufactured realities in different ways.
Harvey Weinstein on 16:50 - Oct 12 with 1450 viewsDarran

Harvey Weinstein on 16:47 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

It’s funny isn’t it? In a perverse kind of way. Hollywood mogul is outed as serial sex offender, all Planet Swans is interested in is how many women knew about it. Some on her have serious issues and should probably seek counselling for the safety of themselves and others.

I'm not interested in how many women knew about it but I am interested in why some extremely powerful Hollywood women with nothing to lose that knew about it never said anything about it.

Harvey Weinstein on 16:50 - Oct 12 with 1449 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:33 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

Yes. And I'm willing to bet most of those knew as well (or at least heard rumours). People have been speaking out about the abuse in Hollywood for years. But powerful people donate to politicians, they rub shoulders with Jeffery Epstein, the journalist don't want to upset them...they need actors to interview.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:51 - Oct 12 with 1442 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 16:50 - Oct 12 by Darran

I'm not interested in how many women knew about it but I am interested in why some extremely powerful Hollywood women with nothing to lose that knew about it never said anything about it.

What about powerful Hollywood men? Don’t you care how many of them knew about it and did nothing?

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024