Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harvey Weinstein 11:02 - Oct 11 with 32463 viewsswanjackal

Worst kept secret in Hollywood?

Much respect for the woman who put the safety of others, and herself, above her career to finally get the proof to shut down this alleged serial predator. Shame it has taken three decades.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 13:17]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Harvey Weinstein on 20:09 - Oct 12 with 1522 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 19:02 - Oct 12 by Mo_Wives

I read it back. Dwight praised the bravery of the women who were sexual assault victims. He also praised a young girl shot by the Taliban. In the same post he pointed out the hypocrisy of Streep and Lawrence (never blaming them for the attacks). Darren agrees. Lisa then makes a post about men blaming women and suggests this is what the "idiot" Dwight was doing. She comes up with the line "Oh right, it's the fault of women and only women if a man is a sexual predator." - No one had said or hinted at this. What was the point of saying this?

So, Dwight praised the women who were attacked. This was ignored. He praised the young Taliban girl (also ignored)...and then the thread spins off into accusations of woman hating, or something like that. Darran and HighJack both mention men as the thread starts developing into suggestions of misogyny.

I would like to add...the attacks are the fault of Harvey Weinstein. No one else. Not the victims or 'women'. I though this wouldn't need saying, TBH
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 19:44]

It’s like the old football adage “you’re watching a different game to me”. I know what I see on this thread, I’ve explained it a number of times. I doubt I’m the only one seeing it that way. I similarly doubt you’re the only one seeing it your way as well. Nothing to do with feeling superior old son. If there’s anyone who could be accused of that it’s you with your constant refrain of “look how fast I am to all sides and all you others are just sooo illiberally liberal”.

Poll: Tory leader

Harvey Weinstein on 20:47 - Oct 12 with 1496 viewssnork44

A Hollywood producer is exposed as a sexual predator ! Next week CNN will have a feature on bears defacating in the woods and a follow up feature on the Pontiff celebrating the Eucarist wearing a Mitre and Surplus !!!

Since Hollywood was around producers have used the 'casting couch' as a tool (excuse the pun) to employ young and naive actresses and sometimes actors. It was certainly wrong and evil, as young girls were sexually abused by dirty old men to get or not get good movie parts. But the faux outrage is sickening, where was the anger at the early part of the last century, through the golden age of Hollywood to the 70's,80's and 90's blockbuster films ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Harvey Weinstein on 20:57 - Oct 12 with 1487 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 20:47 - Oct 12 by snork44

A Hollywood producer is exposed as a sexual predator ! Next week CNN will have a feature on bears defacating in the woods and a follow up feature on the Pontiff celebrating the Eucarist wearing a Mitre and Surplus !!!

Since Hollywood was around producers have used the 'casting couch' as a tool (excuse the pun) to employ young and naive actresses and sometimes actors. It was certainly wrong and evil, as young girls were sexually abused by dirty old men to get or not get good movie parts. But the faux outrage is sickening, where was the anger at the early part of the last century, through the golden age of Hollywood to the 70's,80's and 90's blockbuster films ?

Firstly this isn't a matter of a young girl being propositioned.

He's been accused of rape. Or 'sex without consent' as for some reason it's being called (note to Weinstein's PR people and others including the BBC - sex without consent is rape so call it what it is).

Secondly, we are in the 21st century and thankfully women's rights have moved on somewhat from the early part of the last century and the golden age of Hollywood (not that one would necessarily pick that up from this thread). You genuinely believe that it's 'faux outrage' when someone is accused of multiple counts of rape and sexual assault? It's not surprising - I don't think anyone has expressed surprise as such, but it's still both shocking and utterly sickening and it's right that people are outraged.
Harvey Weinstein on 21:53 - Oct 12 with 1442 viewstheloneranger

FFS you couldn't make this shite up. The Scumbag doesn't believe that he's done anything wrong, he's just made mistakes, and by the way, he's not doing OK!!

Film producer Harvey Weinstein said he is hoping for a second chance after several women came forward with accusations of sexual assault and harassment over the past three decades, ABC News reported Thursday. “Guys, I’m not doing OK but I’m trying. I got to get help. You know what, we all make mistakes. ... A second chance, I hope,”

Weinstein said in a video shot outside his daughter’s Los Angeles home–his first public statement since the scandal escalated. Weinstein reportedly left Los Angeles to check himself into a rehabilitation clinic for behavioral issues, including sex addiction. “Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual,” a representative for Weinstein said in a statement. “Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance.”
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 22:45]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Harvey Weinstein on 22:37 - Oct 12 with 1408 viewswhoflungdung

Clearly,old Attitudes to the sexes remain

I well remember the days when women " did their duty"

Also the case men expected to sh@g around whilst women who do so are slags

Shaming

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Harvey Weinstein on 04:01 - Oct 13 with 1365 viewssnork44

Harvey Weinstein on 20:57 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

Firstly this isn't a matter of a young girl being propositioned.

He's been accused of rape. Or 'sex without consent' as for some reason it's being called (note to Weinstein's PR people and others including the BBC - sex without consent is rape so call it what it is).

Secondly, we are in the 21st century and thankfully women's rights have moved on somewhat from the early part of the last century and the golden age of Hollywood (not that one would necessarily pick that up from this thread). You genuinely believe that it's 'faux outrage' when someone is accused of multiple counts of rape and sexual assault? It's not surprising - I don't think anyone has expressed surprise as such, but it's still both shocking and utterly sickening and it's right that people are outraged.

Lisa, I agree with you about Weinstein and for him to rape any woman at whatever age they are is despicable.

What I am saying that this behavior has been going on since Hollywood and the film industry has been in existence , I am not excusing it , just saying that that the Movie Industry bigwigs got away with sexually abusing women and men for more than a Century. Look from around 1914 till the 1950's and even the 60's,70's and 80's this has been going on, sexual predators like Fatty Arbukle did as bad or even worse than Weinstein and they got some protection from the studios. Charlie Chaplin would almost have been classed as a serial Peadophile in today's world, this is nothing new and I am glad that he is getting his vile behavior investigated and if he is found guilty, I hope he gets the book thrown at him!

But just think of the poor women in the past that didn't get justice ibecause the big studios were too powerful or even worse were murdered and the crimes were covered up. Tinseltown lost its tarnish many years ago and hopefully it recognizes that it is no longer above the law. Remember Hollywood wants Roman Polanski to be pardoned even though he had sex with an underage girl.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Harvey Weinstein on 05:59 - Oct 13 with 1351 viewsHighjack

Harvey Weinstein on 19:02 - Oct 12 by Mo_Wives

I read it back. Dwight praised the bravery of the women who were sexual assault victims. He also praised a young girl shot by the Taliban. In the same post he pointed out the hypocrisy of Streep and Lawrence (never blaming them for the attacks). Darren agrees. Lisa then makes a post about men blaming women and suggests this is what the "idiot" Dwight was doing. She comes up with the line "Oh right, it's the fault of women and only women if a man is a sexual predator." - No one had said or hinted at this. What was the point of saying this?

So, Dwight praised the women who were attacked. This was ignored. He praised the young Taliban girl (also ignored)...and then the thread spins off into accusations of woman hating, or something like that. Darran and HighJack both mention men as the thread starts developing into suggestions of misogyny.

I would like to add...the attacks are the fault of Harvey Weinstein. No one else. Not the victims or 'women'. I though this wouldn't need saying, TBH
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 19:44]

Think you'll find I mentioned men and women and also described it as "horrible" so leave me out of this shyte storm.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Harvey Weinstein on 07:15 - Oct 13 with 1334 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 20:09 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

It’s like the old football adage “you’re watching a different game to me”. I know what I see on this thread, I’ve explained it a number of times. I doubt I’m the only one seeing it that way. I similarly doubt you’re the only one seeing it your way as well. Nothing to do with feeling superior old son. If there’s anyone who could be accused of that it’s you with your constant refrain of “look how fast I am to all sides and all you others are just sooo illiberally liberal”.

OK. The thread starts with a post about Weinstein.

Dwight makes a post PRAISING THE BRAVERY OF THE WOMEN WHO WERE ATTACKED. He praises the bravery of a young Taliban girl (another woman). In the same post he points out the hypocrisy of Meryl Streep and Jenifer Lawrence.
Now, where in this post does it blame any woman for a man being a sexual predator? In fact, Dwight is praising the women victims...he is supporting them.

Darran makes a post agreeing with Dwight. He mentions Paltrow and Jolie and says "I said to my wife earlier that I find it extraordinary that only now Paltrow and Jolie piping up that they had problems with him."
Whether you agree or not, where was Darran blaming women for men sexually abusing them?

Lisa then replies with the post with these lines in -

"And I find it extraordinary that in a situation where a man has been systematically abusing and in some cases allegedly raping women that it's somehow the fault of women."

"Oh right, it's the fault of women and only women if a man is a sexual predator. "

Show me where she got this from?. Who was blaming "women and only women" for a man being a sexual predator?
She called Dwight an idiot... he was praising the victims, FFS
So as far as I can see, no one was accusing women of being at fault for Weinstiens behaviour...apart from in Lisa's mind.

And here we get to the superior part. I read the posts and not for one minute did I think Dwight or Darren were attacking the victims. In my mind it was obvious who was to blame, it was Harvey Weinstein. I didn't think any victim was at fault. So I read that and subconsciously credited Dwight and Darran as having the same level of morals as me. While some people assumed their moral standards were higher than Dwight or Darrans. So the post was not read again to make sure and they were not giving the benefit of any doubt...instead, accusations started flying.

Disclaimer: I would like to add that I still blame Harvey Weinstein for his actions and not 'women'. I can't believe it needs saying, but there we go.
In fact, maybe anyone who blames 'women' for the actions of Harvey Weinstein could make themselves known. Until then I will assume the good people of planet swans, like me, blame Harvey for Harvey's actions.

Edit - If you think any posters are blaming the victims for Weinstein's actions, then please, tell us those posters names. We can then ask the directly "Are you blaming the victims or 'women' for Weinstein's actions?" and we can clear all this up.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 7:56]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Harvey Weinstein on 07:21 - Oct 13 with 1330 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 05:59 - Oct 13 by Highjack

Think you'll find I mentioned men and women and also described it as "horrible" so leave me out of this shyte storm.

Shut up, H, FFS.

There were suggestions only women were being blamed. There was the suggestion that men were being left out of it. I said you and Darren had also mentioned men...I was using you as an example of someone who was mentioning men as well as women. I was using you as a good example not criticising you. If you want to be left out of it...then stop f*cking typing.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 08:43 - Oct 13 with 1293 viewsexiledclaseboy

I think this thread is making Mo ill.

Harvey Weinstein on 08:47 - Oct 13 with 1283 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 08:43 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

I think this thread is making Mo ill.

You're the one who's lost his guts and avoided answering my question. Would you like some Imodium so that you can go back and try again?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:55 - Oct 13 with 1267 viewsmonmouth

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:56 - Oct 13 with 1262 viewsMo_Wives

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:55 - Oct 13 by monmouth

C'mon, Easy, the crowd is waiting in silence. Answer the question

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 09:02 - Oct 13 with 1250 viewsMo_Wives

Sorry guys. I think this thread is making ECB feel ill...don't think we're gonna get an answer. If he starts to feel better we will carry on.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 09:04 - Oct 13 with 1247 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 08:47 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

You're the one who's lost his guts and avoided answering my question. Would you like some Imodium so that you can go back and try again?

It’s all to do with the interpretation of the first few posts of this thread, Mo. Yours is that they were designed to point out the bravery of the victims who spoke up. Mine, taking into account the posting styles and history of those involved, is that they were primarily aimed at making a point about more high profile victims who hadn’t spoken up and insinuating that they were somehow s at fault without actually saying so cos that’s how these things work. There was also an underlying political point being made (ref Dwight’s mention of trump). Now that’s my view and I’m sticking to it. As I’m sure are you to yours. Planet Swans and social media in general has a long and grubby history of turning the focus onto the victims in sexual crime cases. This is just the latest example of that.

Harvey Weinstein on 09:17 - Oct 13 with 1233 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 09:04 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

It’s all to do with the interpretation of the first few posts of this thread, Mo. Yours is that they were designed to point out the bravery of the victims who spoke up. Mine, taking into account the posting styles and history of those involved, is that they were primarily aimed at making a point about more high profile victims who hadn’t spoken up and insinuating that they were somehow s at fault without actually saying so cos that’s how these things work. There was also an underlying political point being made (ref Dwight’s mention of trump). Now that’s my view and I’m sticking to it. As I’m sure are you to yours. Planet Swans and social media in general has a long and grubby history of turning the focus onto the victims in sexual crime cases. This is just the latest example of that.

Dwight was blaming them for hypocrisy. He was not blaming them for Weinstein's actions. He praised the victims and criticised Streep and Lawrence.

Now, if you are saying Dwight was being sneaky and underhanded by not saying what he means. Then I ask: Are you holding him to your standard? is this the way you behave? Or are you holding him to standards lower than yours and assuming you are superior?
Personally, I am holding Dwight to my standards and assuming he means what he says.

Now, until I hear someone tell me different, I will assume that the people of planet swans blame Weinstein for his actions and not the victims. If you care to name anyone you believe doesn't then please provide their names. We can then clear up all these nasty allegations once and for all.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 09:24 - Oct 13 with 1231 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 09:02 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

Sorry guys. I think this thread is making ECB feel ill...don't think we're gonna get an answer. If he starts to feel better we will carry on.

Calm down mun. Even replying to Monmouth as if he was me.

Harvey Weinstein on 09:27 - Oct 13 with 1227 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 09:24 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

Calm down mun. Even replying to Monmouth as if he was me.

Nope. I was replying to the guys...you are ECB, you are Easy, B, you are Mr Boy. You are not the guys.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:38 - Oct 13 with 1211 viewsmonmouth

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:55 - Oct 13 by monmouth

Bollocks to my internet connection.

In summary, one person to blame, a shit of a man called Weinstein. That's it

I've a fair bit of experience of 'alpha male' w*nker bully boys and their intimidation methods, particularly in a supportive culture, and I fully empathise with anyone who kept quiet no matter how rich or 'powerful'.

The observed psychology tends towards victim self blame and shame in these cases too because of the way we are wired up. Not speaking up is entirely understandable and almost universally common. It's why these bastards (and it can be both sexes) get away with their psychopathic and sociopathic behaviour until they fall or die. That is when people do feel 'safe' to put the boot in. That's just the way it is.

As I say, in this case though, only one point of blame here and it's a turd of a man.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:43 - Oct 13 with 1203 viewsMo_Wives

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:38 - Oct 13 by monmouth

Bollocks to my internet connection.

In summary, one person to blame, a shit of a man called Weinstein. That's it

I've a fair bit of experience of 'alpha male' w*nker bully boys and their intimidation methods, particularly in a supportive culture, and I fully empathise with anyone who kept quiet no matter how rich or 'powerful'.

The observed psychology tends towards victim self blame and shame in these cases too because of the way we are wired up. Not speaking up is entirely understandable and almost universally common. It's why these bastards (and it can be both sexes) get away with their psychopathic and sociopathic behaviour until they fall or die. That is when people do feel 'safe' to put the boot in. That's just the way it is.

As I say, in this case though, only one point of blame here and it's a turd of a man.

I agree, Monny. Great post.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 10:05 - Oct 13 with 1176 viewstrampie

They do say power corrupts.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Harvey Weinstein on 10:24 - Oct 13 with 1165 viewsHighjack

The only criticism id have for these women involved is that many are firing accusations over Twitter and various magazines when they should refrain themselves from that sort of platform and keep any statements or evidence for the correct authorities. Commenting so publically to millions before the guy has even been arrested let alone charged or convicted probably isn't helping the process.

I understand they've probably been living with this for years or decades and want to get things off their chest but Twitter isn't the right place for it, and the right time is when the guy is in Alcatraz getting a taste of his own medicine when he meets Big Randy Prince Jr the III in the showers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Harvey Weinstein on 12:38 - Oct 13 with 1119 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 09:17 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

Dwight was blaming them for hypocrisy. He was not blaming them for Weinstein's actions. He praised the victims and criticised Streep and Lawrence.

Now, if you are saying Dwight was being sneaky and underhanded by not saying what he means. Then I ask: Are you holding him to your standard? is this the way you behave? Or are you holding him to standards lower than yours and assuming you are superior?
Personally, I am holding Dwight to my standards and assuming he means what he says.

Now, until I hear someone tell me different, I will assume that the people of planet swans blame Weinstein for his actions and not the victims. If you care to name anyone you believe doesn't then please provide their names. We can then clear up all these nasty allegations once and for all.

I do need to point out, Mo that not once on this thread have I used the word “blame”.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 12:38]

Harvey Weinstein on 14:37 - Oct 13 with 1068 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 12:38 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

I do need to point out, Mo that not once on this thread have I used the word “blame”.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 12:38]

Excellent. Since it's you, and I consider you to be an honest man, I don't have to trawl through the thread to check. I'm glad it seems we're on the same page (or thereabouts) that, in at least the first two replies to the OP, nobody was blaming the victims for Weinstein's actions. I can settle for that.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 15:18 - Oct 13 with 1041 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 14:37 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

Excellent. Since it's you, and I consider you to be an honest man, I don't have to trawl through the thread to check. I'm glad it seems we're on the same page (or thereabouts) that, in at least the first two replies to the OP, nobody was blaming the victims for Weinstein's actions. I can settle for that.

What I will say though (partly because the wife has a friend here and I’m staying out of the way, partly because it’s likely to amusingly push your buttons again but mostly because it’s a sincerely held belief of mine) is this. More often than not on Planet Swans and across social media more generally whenever there’s a high profile case involving sexual assault or worse, there is almost always a concerted effort by some to turn the focus away from the perpetrators and towards the victims and sometimes women in general. It usually (but not always) stops short of “she was probably gagging for it” cliches and mostly takes the form of snide insinuations and sometimes outright misogyny (another button pushed) which are designed to cast aspersions on the victim and often women in general, especially if they’re high profile and even more especially if they’ve sometimes made political statements. In my opinion this thread is a perfect example of that but other opinions are of course available. We’ve had a number of such threads on here and I’ve seen many more egregious examples on twitter and Facebook, for example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024