Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harvey Weinstein 11:02 - Oct 11 with 32299 viewsswanjackal

Worst kept secret in Hollywood?

Much respect for the woman who put the safety of others, and herself, above her career to finally get the proof to shut down this alleged serial predator. Shame it has taken three decades.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 13:17]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Harvey Weinstein on 15:34 - Oct 13 with 1653 viewsLohengrin

Harvey Weinstein on 15:18 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

What I will say though (partly because the wife has a friend here and I’m staying out of the way, partly because it’s likely to amusingly push your buttons again but mostly because it’s a sincerely held belief of mine) is this. More often than not on Planet Swans and across social media more generally whenever there’s a high profile case involving sexual assault or worse, there is almost always a concerted effort by some to turn the focus away from the perpetrators and towards the victims and sometimes women in general. It usually (but not always) stops short of “she was probably gagging for it” cliches and mostly takes the form of snide insinuations and sometimes outright misogyny (another button pushed) which are designed to cast aspersions on the victim and often women in general, especially if they’re high profile and even more especially if they’ve sometimes made political statements. In my opinion this thread is a perfect example of that but other opinions are of course available. We’ve had a number of such threads on here and I’ve seen many more egregious examples on twitter and Facebook, for example.

You don't get any of this bickering or dissembling on the Alt-right sites, Clase. No victim blaming there, they know the villain of this piece.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Harvey Weinstein on 15:36 - Oct 13 with 1650 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 15:34 - Oct 13 by Lohengrin

You don't get any of this bickering or dissembling on the Alt-right sites, Clase. No victim blaming there, they know the villain of this piece.

Gimme a link to one then. I’ve got some time to pass.

Poll: Tory leader

Harvey Weinstein on 15:45 - Oct 13 with 1641 viewsLohengrin

Harvey Weinstein on 15:36 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

Gimme a link to one then. I’ve got some time to pass.

Well I could, and it is absolutely bonkers, but are you sure you're temperamentally constituted to withstand the sort of vitriol being unleashed?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 15:52]

Harvey Weinstein on 15:55 - Oct 13 with 1624 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 15:45 - Oct 13 by Lohengrin

Well I could, and it is absolutely bonkers, but are you sure you're temperamentally constituted to withstand the sort of vitriol being unleashed?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 15:52]

Good god yes. I could do with a release.

Harvey Weinstein on 16:01 - Oct 13 with 1610 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 15:18 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

What I will say though (partly because the wife has a friend here and I’m staying out of the way, partly because it’s likely to amusingly push your buttons again but mostly because it’s a sincerely held belief of mine) is this. More often than not on Planet Swans and across social media more generally whenever there’s a high profile case involving sexual assault or worse, there is almost always a concerted effort by some to turn the focus away from the perpetrators and towards the victims and sometimes women in general. It usually (but not always) stops short of “she was probably gagging for it” cliches and mostly takes the form of snide insinuations and sometimes outright misogyny (another button pushed) which are designed to cast aspersions on the victim and often women in general, especially if they’re high profile and even more especially if they’ve sometimes made political statements. In my opinion this thread is a perfect example of that but other opinions are of course available. We’ve had a number of such threads on here and I’ve seen many more egregious examples on twitter and Facebook, for example.

OK, that's great. One question...is your judgement in these matters any better than Lisa's?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:02 - Oct 13 with 1604 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 07:15 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

OK. The thread starts with a post about Weinstein.

Dwight makes a post PRAISING THE BRAVERY OF THE WOMEN WHO WERE ATTACKED. He praises the bravery of a young Taliban girl (another woman). In the same post he points out the hypocrisy of Meryl Streep and Jenifer Lawrence.
Now, where in this post does it blame any woman for a man being a sexual predator? In fact, Dwight is praising the women victims...he is supporting them.

Darran makes a post agreeing with Dwight. He mentions Paltrow and Jolie and says "I said to my wife earlier that I find it extraordinary that only now Paltrow and Jolie piping up that they had problems with him."
Whether you agree or not, where was Darran blaming women for men sexually abusing them?

Lisa then replies with the post with these lines in -

"And I find it extraordinary that in a situation where a man has been systematically abusing and in some cases allegedly raping women that it's somehow the fault of women."

"Oh right, it's the fault of women and only women if a man is a sexual predator. "

Show me where she got this from?. Who was blaming "women and only women" for a man being a sexual predator?
She called Dwight an idiot... he was praising the victims, FFS
So as far as I can see, no one was accusing women of being at fault for Weinstiens behaviour...apart from in Lisa's mind.

And here we get to the superior part. I read the posts and not for one minute did I think Dwight or Darren were attacking the victims. In my mind it was obvious who was to blame, it was Harvey Weinstein. I didn't think any victim was at fault. So I read that and subconsciously credited Dwight and Darran as having the same level of morals as me. While some people assumed their moral standards were higher than Dwight or Darrans. So the post was not read again to make sure and they were not giving the benefit of any doubt...instead, accusations started flying.

Disclaimer: I would like to add that I still blame Harvey Weinstein for his actions and not 'women'. I can't believe it needs saying, but there we go.
In fact, maybe anyone who blames 'women' for the actions of Harvey Weinstein could make themselves known. Until then I will assume the good people of planet swans, like me, blame Harvey for Harvey's actions.

Edit - If you think any posters are blaming the victims for Weinstein's actions, then please, tell us those posters names. We can then ask the directly "Are you blaming the victims or 'women' for Weinstein's actions?" and we can clear all this up.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 7:56]

I can only imagine you believe Animal Farm to be a book about pigs.
Harvey Weinstein on 16:03 - Oct 13 with 1602 viewsLohengrin

Harvey Weinstein on 15:55 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

Good god yes. I could do with a release.

I've sent it by PM lest I be had up on the same charge Socrates was.

Harvey Weinstein on 16:03 - Oct 13 with 1602 viewsHumpty

I can imagine.
Login to get fewer ads

Harvey Weinstein on 16:04 - Oct 13 with 1601 viewsMo_Wives

Oh yeah? claim you know one of their moderators and then let on that he changed his name from Goldstein. Great fun

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:04 - Oct 13 with 1599 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 16:01 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

OK, that's great. One question...is your judgement in these matters any better than Lisa's?

Everyone’s judgement is individual to them. I’ve agreed with much of what Lisa’s said in this thread.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 16:12]

Harvey Weinstein on 16:07 - Oct 13 with 1593 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:02 - Oct 13 by londonlisa2001

I can only imagine you believe Animal Farm to be a book about pigs.

It is. Commies are filthy pigs. Checkmate.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:08 - Oct 13 with 1591 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:04 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

Everyone’s judgement is individual to them. I’ve agreed with much of what Lisa’s said in this thread.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 16:12]

What about her first post?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:10 - Oct 13 with 1580 viewsLohengrin

Harvey Weinstein on 16:04 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

Oh yeah? claim you know one of their moderators and then let on that he changed his name from Goldstein. Great fun

Harvey Weinstein on 16:11 - Oct 13 with 1579 viewsexiledclaseboy

Harvey Weinstein on 16:08 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

What about her first post?

I made my view on blame and fault clear earlier, as well as outlining how these things tend to work on social media.

Harvey Weinstein on 16:13 - Oct 13 with 1572 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 16:11 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

I made my view on blame and fault clear earlier, as well as outlining how these things tend to work on social media.

If any further evidence was necessary of the reason why women are not to blame if they don't say anything in these cases, see today's revelations about the head of Amazon studios and the response of Oliver Stone.
Harvey Weinstein on 16:14 - Oct 13 with 1570 viewsLohengrin

Harvey Weinstein on 16:07 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

It is. Commies are filthy pigs. Checkmate.

Well fielded, sir!

Harvey Weinstein on 16:15 - Oct 13 with 1565 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:11 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

OK champ.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:17 - Oct 13 with 1560 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:14 - Oct 13 by Lohengrin

Well fielded, sir!

I am crafty like the Jew. Don't tell the alt-right

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 16:36 - Oct 13 with 1533 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 16:17 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

I am crafty like the Jew. Don't tell the alt-right

Aw bless. You're trying to impress Lohengrin now are you Mo?
Harvey Weinstein on 16:38 - Oct 13 with 1527 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 16:36 - Oct 13 by londonlisa2001

Aw bless. You're trying to impress Lohengrin now are you Mo?

[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 17:07]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 18:30 - Oct 13 with 1447 viewsHighjack

There's definitely some sort of conspiracy because the name Harvey Weinstein is very nearly definitely an anagram of "I've a stray weiner" give or take a few letters.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Harvey Weinstein on 18:38 - Oct 13 with 1438 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder if The Clinton's will financially support Mr Weinstein's legal defence costs, just as he and other members of Hollywood's elite supported Bill back in the 90's?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Harvey Weinstein on 19:29 - Oct 13 with 1413 viewslondonlisa2001

Harvey Weinstein on 16:38 - Oct 13 by Mo_Wives

[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 17:07]

You post a 'do not feed the troll' picture and then go toodling round the internet to find a different picture and edit your post.

Fair play Mo, you bring a whole new level to sad.
Harvey Weinstein on 04:09 - Oct 14 with 1357 viewsMo_Wives

Harvey Weinstein on 19:29 - Oct 13 by londonlisa2001

You post a 'do not feed the troll' picture and then go toodling round the internet to find a different picture and edit your post.

Fair play Mo, you bring a whole new level to sad.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harvey Weinstein on 15:23 - Oct 15 with 1282 viewsDarran

Wow 12 years ago.

http://diffuser.fm/courtney-love-harvey-weinstein-warning/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024