Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today 14:52 - Oct 11 with 8550 viewsNOTRAC

Happy birthday Mel.True Swan.Wonderful man.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 14:54 - Oct 11 with 8547 viewsjackson5

Happy Birthday Mel Nurse, one of the men that saved the Swans in troubled times

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 15:49 - Oct 11 with 8515 viewsoldcob

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 14:54 - Oct 11 by jackson5

A real fine player too. I remember him marking Brian Clough in one game when Clough was playing for Middlesborough or Sunderland. Cloughy barely got a touch of the ball.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 15:51]
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 16:22 - Oct 11 with 8486 viewsSwanzay

HBYJB!
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 17:01 - Oct 11 with 8459 viewsjackal

Bobby Charlton is 80 today too.*
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 18:32 - Oct 11 with 8401 viewsswan65split

Happy birthday Mel YJB ...........I still remember the supporters bus picking you up when you broke down.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 19:04 - Oct 11 with 8377 viewsGaryjack

Have a great one Mel.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 20:12 - Oct 11 with 8331 viewsmax936

A true Jack legend, who was shat upon by the nest of vipers.

Happy Birthday Mel YJB.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 20:19 - Oct 11 with 8327 viewsplasjack

Have a nice birthday, one of our best centre halves ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 21:37 - Oct 11 with 8265 viewsKilkennyjack

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 20:19 - Oct 11 by plasjack

Have a nice birthday, one of our best centre halves ever.

This great swansea man chose to miss the 1958 World Cup to fix the roofing on this properties in the summer months. Himself.

He was selected, but decided not to go.

Not to mention that he saved our club with his own money.

Happy Birthday Sir Mel. YJB.

Beware of the Risen People

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 23:23 - Oct 11 with 8226 viewsMillie

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 21:37 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

This great swansea man chose to miss the 1958 World Cup to fix the roofing on this properties in the summer months. Himself.

He was selected, but decided not to go.

Not to mention that he saved our club with his own money.

Happy Birthday Sir Mel. YJB.

Happy birthday Mel, he told me a lovely story once, Bobby Charlton (who co incidentally is 80 today as well) whacked a ball at the Wales goal, Mel, as centre half took it on the chest and said I wouldn’t show it hurt but by F, it did, I went in for half time and there was a ball mark with laces imprinted on my chest.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 23:58 - Oct 11 with 8211 viewsTNT

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 14:54 - Oct 11 by jackson5

It was he, and the Gang of Four, who saved us... before Doug Sharpe stepped in. That's my recollection. MN YJB!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 00:28 - Oct 12 with 8197 viewsGaryjack

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 23:58 - Oct 11 by TNT

It was he, and the Gang of Four, who saved us... before Doug Sharpe stepped in. That's my recollection. MN YJB!

Your recollection is correct. Doug Sharpe stepped in when he realised if we had been saved under Mel Nurse/Hyde etc, he would have to pay up money he'd signed as guarantor for. Slimey cvnt.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 10:59 - Oct 12 with 8114 viewsPegojack

Happy Birthday Mel, YJB!
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 11:29 - Oct 12 with 8103 viewstheloneranger

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 23:23 - Oct 11 by Millie

Happy birthday Mel, he told me a lovely story once, Bobby Charlton (who co incidentally is 80 today as well) whacked a ball at the Wales goal, Mel, as centre half took it on the chest and said I wouldn’t show it hurt but by F, it did, I went in for half time and there was a ball mark with laces imprinted on my chest.

I remember talking to Mel in Jan 1970 after we had been robbed 2-1against Leeds in the FA Cup at Elland Road.

He'd been having one hell of a tussle with Allan Clarke and been warned at half time to watch Clarke's sly tactics

On 60mins Clarke went down as if he'd been shot, and the ref sent Mel off with the Swans winning 1-0.

10mins later he gave Leeds a PK 😂😂 and the rest is history.

The late great Tony Millington came home with us on the train, that's another story

Belated Happy Birthday Mel, a true Swansea Jack
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 11:30]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 11:32 - Oct 12 with 8094 viewsKerouac

A great man.
Happy Birthday Mel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 13:12 - Oct 12 with 8038 viewsTaliesin

HBYJB. My Boro wife wishes you a HB too
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 13:58 - Oct 12 with 8012 viewsswan65split

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 11:29 - Oct 12 by theloneranger

I remember talking to Mel in Jan 1970 after we had been robbed 2-1against Leeds in the FA Cup at Elland Road.

He'd been having one hell of a tussle with Allan Clarke and been warned at half time to watch Clarke's sly tactics

On 60mins Clarke went down as if he'd been shot, and the ref sent Mel off with the Swans winning 1-0.

10mins later he gave Leeds a PK 😂😂 and the rest is history.

The late great Tony Millington came home with us on the train, that's another story

Belated Happy Birthday Mel, a true Swansea Jack
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 11:30]

My recollection, mel and sniffer coming together , Clarke foot high into Mels chest, so Mel gave him a slap.

Tony M on the train back, I was there, as well, as he lived not far from me at the time I know the story.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 16:10 - Oct 12 with 7978 viewskeith_gatebroth

I can’t understand why he sold his shares for relative peanuts. Maybe he wanted to distance himself from the shenanigans. He has not had his full reward or recognition for saving our club.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 16:25 - Oct 12 with 7963 viewsYossarian

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 13:58 - Oct 12 by swan65split

My recollection, mel and sniffer coming together , Clarke foot high into Mels chest, so Mel gave him a slap.

Tony M on the train back, I was there, as well, as he lived not far from me at the time I know the story.

Tony Millington, Carl Slee, Vic Gomersall, Alan Williams, Mel. Ruse, Barrie Hole, Lem Allchurch, Geoff Thomas, Herbie Williams, David Gwyther, Brian Evans....add to that a good pool of reserves playing in ‘The Combination’ like a young Dai Davies, the Screens, Clive Slattery, etc.
Lovely times.
Many Happy Returns to a proper ‘Mr Swansea City’

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 16:28 - Oct 12 with 7961 viewsGaryjack

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 16:10 - Oct 12 by keith_gatebroth

I can’t understand why he sold his shares for relative peanuts. Maybe he wanted to distance himself from the shenanigans. He has not had his full reward or recognition for saving our club.

I'm not sure if it soured his relationship with the rest of the board, but Mel's biggest drawback was that he was desperate for us to remain at the Vetch. Nevertheless, been a great servant and hope he enjoyed his big day.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 19:34 - Oct 12 with 7914 viewsdickythorpe

I passed him sitting outside his guesthouse in the summer, I just gave a small wave and a hello and he smiled back and said "have a good one"

A real gent. Brought up in Penlan round the corner from my dad and sister. A "good looker" my aunts says of him and his brother.
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 09:05 - Oct 13 with 7817 viewstheloneranger

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 16:25 - Oct 12 by Yossarian

Tony Millington, Carl Slee, Vic Gomersall, Alan Williams, Mel. Ruse, Barrie Hole, Lem Allchurch, Geoff Thomas, Herbie Williams, David Gwyther, Brian Evans....add to that a good pool of reserves playing in ‘The Combination’ like a young Dai Davies, the Screens, Clive Slattery, etc.
Lovely times.
Many Happy Returns to a proper ‘Mr Swansea City’

We played with 2 proper wingers then.

If only our wingers today were half as skillful as Lenny and Brian Evans, could cross a ball and last the 90 mins

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 11:35 - Oct 13 with 7797 viewsdickythorpe

Did his younger brother Anthony play as well?
Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 17:20 - Oct 13 with 7738 viewsYossarian

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 09:05 - Oct 13 by theloneranger

We played with 2 proper wingers then.

If only our wingers today were half as skillful as Lenny and Brian Evans, could cross a ball and last the 90 mins

Amen to that!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Melvyn Tudor George Nurse...eighty today on 20:31 - Oct 13 with 7697 viewsbonymine

I’ve had the privelege in years gone by to sit down with Mel at various functions & he’s told me all about the ‘Petty Days’ etc & what REALLY happened & it is clear that he has always been involved and put the CLUB’s interests at heart first & foremost .....

Shame that Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen, The Dutch Boy et al couldn’t have behaved with such pride, integrity and honesty but clearly that was simply just too much to ask with so much money and PERSONAL WEALTH at stake ......

You Greedy B*stards Get Out of Our Club ...

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024