Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport 20:49 - Oct 11 with 7287 viewsjack2jack

Good or bad for Wales,over to the good folk of PS
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/cardiff-airport-spend-millio
Hope it's not a ferdy
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:50 - Oct 11 with 4482 viewsJackfath

Good

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:50 - Oct 11 with 4472 viewsDarran

Excellent news.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:53 - Oct 11 with 4466 viewsNeath_Jack

If the airport is managed well, then it can only be a good thing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:54 - Oct 11 with 4463 viewswhoflungdung

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:53 - Oct 11 by Neath_Jack

If the airport is managed well, then it can only be a good thing.

Has to help ,surely

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:56 - Oct 11 with 4447 viewsDarran

Partzy is going to go radio rental mind.

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:58 - Oct 11 with 4444 viewslifelong

Very good news, it’s so convenient to fly from there.
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:00 - Oct 11 with 4429 viewsexiledclaseboy

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 20:56 - Oct 11 by Darran

Again.

Poll: Tory leader

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:01 - Oct 11 with 4417 viewsDarran

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:00 - Oct 11 by exiledclaseboy

Again.

Indeed.

Login to get fewer ads

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:09 - Oct 11 with 4392 viewsSwanzay

The major problem with CWL is the extortionate landing fees they charge airlines, this literally is window dressing until that changes ....
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:11 - Oct 11 with 4382 viewsMeraki

It should be spent on Swansea Airport!
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:13 - Oct 11 with 4369 viewsFlashberryjack

First thing they need to do is put ramps in the car park nearest to the entrance, got to carry the cases up the steps, and it's right next to the disabled parking as well.

And lower the operating charges of Airlines to encourage more flights and more Airlines to use the airport.

£4 Million is a drop in the ocean, but better than nowt.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:13 - Oct 11 with 4369 viewsSPboy

If it’s private investment it is good news as long as the WAG is not called in for another bail out using public money.

I had to laugh at Carwyn last week when he proudly claimed that it is one of the fastest growing airports in Europe ( which it probably is in percentage growth terms). What he failed to mention is that it has not yet reached the passenger levels of 10 years ago. With 20% of passengers that travel through Bristol airport coming from Wales there should be opportunities for growth if the choices are there. There is not a lot of choice for scheduled flights at the right price at the moment.

I truly hope that the Qatar Airways venture is successful though I suspect it will be impossible to sustain a daily long haul as per the proposed schedule
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:17 - Oct 11 with 4352 viewsBanosswan

Should be renamed Swansea airport. Swansea is more famous internationally due to the prem ;)

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:39 - Oct 11 with 4274 viewswestside

What about developing Pembrey Airport
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 21:40]
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:47 - Oct 11 with 4231 viewslonglostjack

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:17 - Oct 11 by Banosswan

Should be renamed Swansea airport. Swansea is more famous internationally due to the prem ;)

Many a true word is spoken in jest !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:47 - Oct 11 with 4228 viewsjack247

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:39 - Oct 11 by westside

What about developing Pembrey Airport
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 21:40]

As an international airport? It’s way too remote
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 23:34 - Oct 11 with 4023 viewsploppy

Excellent news. Love Cardiff airport. Bristol's a right pain in the arsenal.
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 00:55 - Oct 12 with 3956 viewsWarwickHunt

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 21:09 - Oct 11 by Swanzay

The major problem with CWL is the extortionate landing fees they charge airlines, this literally is window dressing until that changes ....

£4m on window dressing? Literally?

No wonder the landing fees are extortionate.
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 02:13 - Oct 12 with 3936 viewsmajorraglan

Classsic. Haven't heard that saying for ages.
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 02:20 - Oct 12 with 3931 viewsmajorraglan

Great to see they are spending money on it, but like a lot of Wales the infrastructure around it is poor. What they really need to do is smash a tidy rail link and road in so people can access it easily, but that won't happen and if we did no doubt it would come out of the infrastructure budget for the rest of Wales.

With a good access, there is no reason we can't tempt more airlines in and also more commercial freight etc instead of it going to the South East.
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 06:18 - Oct 12 with 3827 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Good news for me, despite my username I now live in cardiff and regularly use the airport for business trips when I can. There’s a handy bus service that runs on a loop which I often use to get there. Direct route options do need to increase as I had a bad experience with klm going to Rome via schipol last year, lost my luggage for 24 hours + both there and back!
£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 08:22 - Oct 12 with 3698 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow that post is right out of the Raynor handbook. ;-)
No objection to private money going in as long as we as taxpayers are not spending anymore on Rhoose. It was a complete waste of money anyway. Bristol is a cheaper and better airport. Also geographically Rhoose is no benefit to most of Wales just the SE so I find it all pretty pointless.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 09:15 - Oct 12 with 3582 viewsMrSwerve

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 06:18 - Oct 12 by exiledinenglandjack

Good news for me, despite my username I now live in cardiff and regularly use the airport for business trips when I can. There’s a handy bus service that runs on a loop which I often use to get there. Direct route options do need to increase as I had a bad experience with klm going to Rome via schipol last year, lost my luggage for 24 hours + both there and back!

I agree with the direct route thing. I regularly go to Bristol instead of Cardiff because I'd rather just get on the plane and get to my destination. Funnily enough I'm going direct to Rome at the end of the month - from Bristol.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 09:46 - Oct 12 with 3537 viewsJoe_bradshaw

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 02:20 - Oct 12 by majorraglan

Great to see they are spending money on it, but like a lot of Wales the infrastructure around it is poor. What they really need to do is smash a tidy rail link and road in so people can access it easily, but that won't happen and if we did no doubt it would come out of the infrastructure budget for the rest of Wales.

With a good access, there is no reason we can't tempt more airlines in and also more commercial freight etc instead of it going to the South East.

Spot on Major. The transport links to Cardiff Airport are dreadful, particularly if coming from the west.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 09:51 - Oct 12 with 3520 viewsJoe_bradshaw

£4m to be spent on Cardiff airport on 09:15 - Oct 12 by MrSwerve

I agree with the direct route thing. I regularly go to Bristol instead of Cardiff because I'd rather just get on the plane and get to my destination. Funnily enough I'm going direct to Rome at the end of the month - from Bristol.

You can fly direct to Rome from Cardiff, Swervy.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024