Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thursday night prime time BBC TV 20:27 - Oct 12 with 2375 viewsJackfath

Something about fraud claimants.

Why is this TV? Surely they should be put in prison without making a TV programme about it. They've already stolen loads of the public's money but the BBC decide to spend more on the subject. Something about it doesn't quite sit comfortably with me.

The only saving grace is this lady presenting.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:32 - Oct 12 with 2361 viewsexiledclaseboy

I hate these programmes.

Poll: Tory leader

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:32 - Oct 12 with 2360 viewsdickythorpe

The beeb trying to be like çhannel 5 I think.

Do yo watch educating Manchester on c4? It looks a different world now to me does teaching.
I don't envy you and wonder if social media gets in the way of some of the kids.

Do they hand their phones in before each lesson or have to put them on silent?
Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:37 - Oct 12 with 2349 viewsJackfath

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:32 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

I hate these programmes.

Who are they targeting with this programme?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:39 - Oct 12 with 2345 viewsBrynCartwright

Surely the sort of programme more suited to a daytime slot, so that all the blue rinse miseries that bristle at benefit cheats can salivate whilst they look up from behind their Daily Mails.

The Sheriffs are Coming.
Can't Pay We'll Take it Away.

Of course benefit cheats are stealing from taxpayers and should be held to account, but to endlessly create cheap television programmes about them is indicative of a lack of imagination and creativity in the BBC Commissioners.

The new Red Dwarf is on Dave ffs. It should be a BBC programme.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:42 - Oct 12 with 2335 viewsjack2jack

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:32 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

I hate these programmes.

I wholeheartedly agree,why oh why do they think folk are interested in this type of thing is beyond me.Very distasteful and a waste of licence payers money.
Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:43 - Oct 12 with 2330 viewslondonlisa2001

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:32 - Oct 12 by dickythorpe

The beeb trying to be like çhannel 5 I think.

Do yo watch educating Manchester on c4? It looks a different world now to me does teaching.
I don't envy you and wonder if social media gets in the way of some of the kids.

Do they hand their phones in before each lesson or have to put them on silent?

I've watched Educating Manchester a few times and I find it quite uplifting. Some of the teachers and particularly the Head are brilliant with the kids, and the kids are in some ways little sods, but are all just searching for something to inspire them or someone that believes in them.

The kid that was playing up but was put on the student council was fab, and the girl whose behaviour was awful because her adored elder brother was going to prison ended up with 6 GCSEs which was fantastic.

The programmes which are basically 'make fun at poor people' make me vomit, but I like the school one.
Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:51 - Oct 12 with 2312 viewsexiledclaseboy

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:37 - Oct 12 by Jackfath

Who are they targeting with this programme?

Daily Mail readers and that ilk essentially.

Poll: Tory leader

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:06 - Oct 12 with 2279 viewsdickythorpe

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 20:43 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

I've watched Educating Manchester a few times and I find it quite uplifting. Some of the teachers and particularly the Head are brilliant with the kids, and the kids are in some ways little sods, but are all just searching for something to inspire them or someone that believes in them.

The kid that was playing up but was put on the student council was fab, and the girl whose behaviour was awful because her adored elder brother was going to prison ended up with 6 GCSEs which was fantastic.

The programmes which are basically 'make fun at poor people' make me vomit, but I like the school one.

Lisa sometimes I think you think of me as a negative old soul. I too find the programme uplifting., as I did the previous 2 series set in Cardiff and Doncaster.

I just wanted to say I don't envy teachers today. Not because of the naughty kids but all the pastoral issues they have to deal with. Discipline today is light years from what it was.
It seems they talk more to pupils which is great. But it must be time consuming as they have so many red tape things to sort out like action plans!

Both my parents were teachers and an uncle of mine was. They found it frustrating enough back then 40 - 60 odd years ago.

My old man told me a tale once of a "discipline" workshop he attended. When asked how they dealt with unruly pupils the go to answer was "I hit them"

He almost quit but carried on and found it very rewarding especially when he became a 6th form tutor and careers advisor.

Very easy to criticise teachers and nearly always does it come from people who are dissatisfied with their own careers/job choices.

I could not do it.
Login to get fewer ads

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:07 - Oct 12 with 2275 viewsJackfath

Teaching is magic.

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:09 - Oct 12 with 2271 viewsJackfath

I hope this Valley Cops programme isn't being shown nationwide.

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:24 - Oct 12 with 2247 viewslondonlisa2001

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:06 - Oct 12 by dickythorpe

Lisa sometimes I think you think of me as a negative old soul. I too find the programme uplifting., as I did the previous 2 series set in Cardiff and Doncaster.

I just wanted to say I don't envy teachers today. Not because of the naughty kids but all the pastoral issues they have to deal with. Discipline today is light years from what it was.
It seems they talk more to pupils which is great. But it must be time consuming as they have so many red tape things to sort out like action plans!

Both my parents were teachers and an uncle of mine was. They found it frustrating enough back then 40 - 60 odd years ago.

My old man told me a tale once of a "discipline" workshop he attended. When asked how they dealt with unruly pupils the go to answer was "I hit them"

He almost quit but carried on and found it very rewarding especially when he became a 6th form tutor and careers advisor.

Very easy to criticise teachers and nearly always does it come from people who are dissatisfied with their own careers/job choices.

I could not do it.

Oh, I didn't take it as that at all. I was not attempting to contradict you, it was a continuation of your point.

I think being a teacher is a wonderful job. Ridiculously underrated in this country, and incredibly difficult. I've taught graduates, but apart from doing some peripatetic music teaching when I was in college, I've never taught kids and I'm not sure I could. I've four cousins who are teachers, one in university (so I suppose not a teacher as such), one at secondary school and two at primary schools (one in Swansea). All love it.
Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:31 - Oct 12 with 2239 viewsSwanzay

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:09 - Oct 12 by Jackfath

Anyone on here on it, the documentary that is.......
Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 22:21 - Oct 12 with 2175 viewswhoflungdung

My daughter gets the Daily Mail on Saturday.

The most disinterested politically inclined woman on this planet

Not everyone who reads a paper aligns with a particular party

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 23:19 - Oct 12 with 2131 viewstrampie

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:09 - Oct 12 by Jackfath

Are valley cops the same as town cops ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 23:21 - Oct 12 with 2125 viewstrampie

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:24 - Oct 12 by londonlisa2001

Oh, I didn't take it as that at all. I was not attempting to contradict you, it was a continuation of your point.

I think being a teacher is a wonderful job. Ridiculously underrated in this country, and incredibly difficult. I've taught graduates, but apart from doing some peripatetic music teaching when I was in college, I've never taught kids and I'm not sure I could. I've four cousins who are teachers, one in university (so I suppose not a teacher as such), one at secondary school and two at primary schools (one in Swansea). All love it.

What's the holidays like ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 00:15 - Oct 13 with 2091 viewsLoyal

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 21:07 - Oct 12 by Jackfath

Teaching is magic.

Shoukdnt you be marking paperwork or w@nking over an NUT banner ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 07:15 - Oct 13 with 2036 viewsLohengrin

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 23:19 - Oct 12 by trampie

Are valley cops the same as town cops ?

I'd have thought so, apart from the obvious differences like using Staffies instead of German Shepherds, addressing each other as 'butt' instead of by rank, and the steroid jabs and sunbeds instead of tea and sandwiches in the canteen.

More dangerous up there too what with all these insurrectionist, communist cells that apparently dot the landscape...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Thursday night prime time BBC TV on 07:32 - Oct 13 with 2027 viewswhoflungdung

I d love to have been a teacher but not these days

I ve instructed adults and they are no better than kids and they are often no better self disciplined

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024