Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre 23:00 - Oct 12 with 5889 viewswhoflungdung

A couple bought the old angling centre and were planning a craft pub there

Is it up and running friends

No derailment appreciated

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 23:03 - Oct 12 with 2823 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 10:52 - Oct 13 with 2726 viewsmax936

No Rich, Richard who owns Pilot down opposite Verdis has bought it or renting it, there’s planning issues apparently.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 10:55 - Oct 13 with 2721 viewstrampie

Is there much call for real ale in Anglo towns ?, I thought most were continental lager drinkers in such places.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:00 - Oct 13 with 2713 viewsmax936

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 10:55 - Oct 13 by trampie

Is there much call for real ale in Anglo towns ?, I thought most were continental lager drinkers in such places.

Yes it’s growing all the time Mirco Breweries popping up everywhere, Jed who owns Ale House in Mumbles travels everywhere to get ales in, Pilot get loads of guest ales in Queens the same plus other places.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:04 - Oct 13 with 2711 viewsPrivate_Partz

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 10:52 - Oct 13 by max936

No Rich, Richard who owns Pilot down opposite Verdis has bought it or renting it, there’s planning issues apparently.

It's still on apparently but he was having grief from the council about the windows hence the delay. Not sure about the location though. Thought it would have been best to move brewery there and extend the space in the Pilot.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:08 - Oct 13 with 2701 viewstrampie

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:00 - Oct 13 by max936

Yes it’s growing all the time Mirco Breweries popping up everywhere, Jed who owns Ale House in Mumbles travels everywhere to get ales in, Pilot get loads of guest ales in Queens the same plus other places.

Excellent

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:27 - Oct 13 with 2685 viewsdickythorpe

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:08 - Oct 13 by trampie

Excellent

Trample, any ales from up your way? Glynneath, coelbren, onllwyn, rhigos?
Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:29 - Oct 13 with 2683 viewsWarwickHunt

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:27 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

Trampie's the poster boy for Welsh bitter...
Login to get fewer ads

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:35 - Oct 13 with 2674 viewstrampie

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:27 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

Plenty of homebrew up there using the waters of the Nedd.

The Red Lion Penderyn was a superb real ale pub when I was knocking about up the old country.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 12:53 - Oct 13 with 2608 viewsLeonWasGod

What are you carping on about now?
Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 12:58 - Oct 13 with 2597 viewsmax936

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:04 - Oct 13 by Private_Partz

It's still on apparently but he was having grief from the council about the windows hence the delay. Not sure about the location though. Thought it would have been best to move brewery there and extend the space in the Pilot.

Can’t see how he can extend the Pilot it’s L shaped, go up the back through door into corridor and ladies toilets face go to your right and the left door is where they brew the Pilot ales opposite that door is the gents not much scope there, unless he puts gents where he brews and extends into gents, but then it brings the drainage/sewage arrangement into it all, probably not worth the grief, from what l understand he’s putting a brewery on the ground floor of the place on the Marina as well.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 16:21 - Oct 13 with 2504 viewsPrivate_Partz

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 12:58 - Oct 13 by max936

Can’t see how he can extend the Pilot it’s L shaped, go up the back through door into corridor and ladies toilets face go to your right and the left door is where they brew the Pilot ales opposite that door is the gents not much scope there, unless he puts gents where he brews and extends into gents, but then it brings the drainage/sewage arrangement into it all, probably not worth the grief, from what l understand he’s putting a brewery on the ground floor of the place on the Marina as well.

All fair points. I was just thinking extra capacity on weekend's when it is busy. I rarely go there then. It is only once a week on Mondays or Tuesdays and I am meducally restricted to the 14 units rule now so don't get to sample much real ales as it is nearly all strong stuff. Was a rime I would start one end of the bar and drink my way across it lol.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 17:21 - Oct 13 with 2430 viewsmax936

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 16:21 - Oct 13 by Private_Partz

All fair points. I was just thinking extra capacity on weekend's when it is busy. I rarely go there then. It is only once a week on Mondays or Tuesdays and I am meducally restricted to the 14 units rule now so don't get to sample much real ales as it is nearly all strong stuff. Was a rime I would start one end of the bar and drink my way across it lol.

Yeah, hell of a cost and work involved just to put another two tables and 8 to 10 chairs, there won't be much more room than that.

I'll be calling in after game tomorrow, call in for a Pilot Gold,

I'm coming down with Man Flue its been threatening to take a grip all week, coughing and sneezing now, I think its about due take a firmer grip, hate the bloody winter.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 18:10 - Oct 13 with 2397 viewsPrivate_Partz

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 17:21 - Oct 13 by max936

Yeah, hell of a cost and work involved just to put another two tables and 8 to 10 chairs, there won't be much more room than that.

I'll be calling in after game tomorrow, call in for a Pilot Gold,

I'm coming down with Man Flue its been threatening to take a grip all week, coughing and sneezing now, I think its about due take a firmer grip, hate the bloody winter.

Take it easy mate. I always like the Dark Storm, I think that is what it is called. He is now doing that Expresso stuff. 7.5% and served in half pint glasses !! :-)

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:25 - Oct 13 with 2360 viewsmax936

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 18:10 - Oct 13 by Private_Partz

Take it easy mate. I always like the Dark Storm, I think that is what it is called. He is now doing that Expresso stuff. 7.5% and served in half pint glasses !! :-)

Yeah I know which one you mean, its not for me I love the pale stuff, the gold there is sometimes a bit iffy for me to, I must catch the end of the barrel no and again, although I haven't a clue on which part of the keg is best, except to say that its taste varies.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:32 - Oct 13 with 2354 viewsdickythorpe

Paracetamol Max and early night. Coffee in the morning.
Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:36 - Oct 13 with 2349 viewsmax936

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:32 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

Paracetamol Max and early night. Coffee in the morning.

Never get an early night in this house Dicky, lucky to get my head down by 12 these days.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:44 - Oct 13 with 2336 viewsdickythorpe

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:36 - Oct 13 by max936

Never get an early night in this house Dicky, lucky to get my head down by 12 these days.

I'm having some red wine and cheese then a bottle of Sharps Sea Fury ale. I mistakenly called it Superbrew last week, I hope it is a super drop mind.
Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:55 - Oct 13 with 2327 viewsmax936

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:44 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

I'm having some red wine and cheese then a bottle of Sharps Sea Fury ale. I mistakenly called it Superbrew last week, I hope it is a super drop mind.

Just finishing a nice cup of Tesco's finest, nice cuppa always soothes my pallet after the DiJon mustard I use on my steak which is far to much

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 10:54 - Oct 14 with 2234 viewsPrivate_Partz

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 19:25 - Oct 13 by max936

Yeah I know which one you mean, its not for me I love the pale stuff, the gold there is sometimes a bit iffy for me to, I must catch the end of the barrel no and again, although I haven't a clue on which part of the keg is best, except to say that its taste varies.

Revolver is very heavy in the flavour dept as well. Not my favourite. i used to try out the Guest Ales.
Nowadays it is a Gunners cocktail that Sue makes for me, small red wines and Bavarian alcohol free :-( Can't see that ever changing much for me in the future. two shandies in the Station today Yuck! Hate having to watch this lot without anaesthetic ;-)

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:25 - Oct 14 with 2222 viewsmax936

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 10:54 - Oct 14 by Private_Partz

Revolver is very heavy in the flavour dept as well. Not my favourite. i used to try out the Guest Ales.
Nowadays it is a Gunners cocktail that Sue makes for me, small red wines and Bavarian alcohol free :-( Can't see that ever changing much for me in the future. two shandies in the Station today Yuck! Hate having to watch this lot without anaesthetic ;-)

Sue in Pilot small lady? Shelia is normally always there when I go.

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:27 - Oct 14 with 2216 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:35 - Oct 13 by trampie

Plenty of homebrew up there using the waters of the Nedd.

The Red Lion Penderyn was a superb real ale pub when I was knocking about up the old country.

Had lunch there last Saturday after a tour of the distillery.

Very good meal.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 15:27 - Oct 15 with 2124 viewsmax936

Got in the Pilot last night after the game and they had just put Brains SA on so I had a pint very nice to, only had the one though first one off the barrel

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 15:29 - Oct 15 with 2121 viewsDarran

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 15:27 - Oct 15 by max936

Got in the Pilot last night after the game and they had just put Brains SA on so I had a pint very nice to, only had the one though first one off the barrel

Too hungover this morning to reply to my text were you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 15:31 - Oct 15 with 2120 viewsPrivate_Partz

Craft beer pub .Swansea sea angling centre on 11:25 - Oct 14 by max936

Sue in Pilot small lady? Shelia is normally always there when I go.

Yep Sue is real nice, a Londoner. I know Sheila as well.......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024