Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone having a "dry " October? 20:08 - Oct 13 with 24099 viewsdickythorpe

Just got a text from a mate who was. He said took the missus to Asda and we've got some Peroni. After we'd drunk 3 bottles each we suddenly realised we'd forgotten we'd started "dry" October!
Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:13 - Oct 13 with 19406 viewsbonymine

Be drink aware Dickey ...as long as you are aware how much you drink you can add it all up the morning after 🍻🍻🙈😂😉😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:16 - Oct 13 with 19399 viewsDarran

Max was thinking about it ......... for about 3 seconds on September 30th but decided against it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:18 - Oct 13 with 19392 viewsswanjackal

Yes, have had a dry year though. Nothing since last August. No reason behind it though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:21 - Oct 13 with 19387 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:18 - Oct 13 by swanjackal

Yes, have had a dry year though. Nothing since last August. No reason behind it though.

Out of interest have you noticed any benefits? Are you leaner? Do you miss it?
Anyone having a on 20:25 - Oct 13 with 19371 viewsswanjackal

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:21 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

Out of interest have you noticed any benefits? Are you leaner? Do you miss it?

Haven't pissed on the upstairs landing for 13 or so months... does that count?

Truthfully, not leaner after recent stint, although when I first lowered my intake after medical issues, I lost 4 stone. Mainly from going form around 20 pints a night, twice a week to nothing. I stopped drinking for 2 years , but will have a drink occasionally in good company/parties (which normally ends up being a slab or a litre of jack) but don't go out into town anymore. I can go several months at a time without a drink have a couple of nights where I blow out, then not touch a drop for a year...liker I am doing now.

I truthfully prefer a reefer or two to unwind, and it helps with my condition. So no don't miss it at all. I never drink because I enjoyed the taste, I drink to get f'cked up and have a laugh, and would rather a cold drink or two unless I'm getting messed up.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 20:41]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:41 - Oct 13 with 19334 viewsmax936

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:16 - Oct 13 by Darran

Max was thinking about it ......... for about 3 seconds on September 30th but decided against it.

I think its sweet that I'm always in you thoughts, but nope I haven't thought about it once

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:42 - Oct 13 with 19329 viewsdickythorpe

Thanks for being honest swanjackal. To your good health I'll drink to this evening.
Anyone having a on 20:42 - Oct 13 with 19328 viewsLord_Bony

Anyone having a on 20:25 - Oct 13 by swanjackal

Haven't pissed on the upstairs landing for 13 or so months... does that count?

Truthfully, not leaner after recent stint, although when I first lowered my intake after medical issues, I lost 4 stone. Mainly from going form around 20 pints a night, twice a week to nothing. I stopped drinking for 2 years , but will have a drink occasionally in good company/parties (which normally ends up being a slab or a litre of jack) but don't go out into town anymore. I can go several months at a time without a drink have a couple of nights where I blow out, then not touch a drop for a year...liker I am doing now.

I truthfully prefer a reefer or two to unwind, and it helps with my condition. So no don't miss it at all. I never drink because I enjoyed the taste, I drink to get f'cked up and have a laugh, and would rather a cold drink or two unless I'm getting messed up.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 20:41]

With my condition I haven't drunk in 4 months...can't say I miss it that much.

Definatley leaner without it though still have the occasional glass of wine.

Good luck to all that enjoy a drop...enjoy.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:43 - Oct 13 with 19323 viewsswanjackal

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:42 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

Thanks for being honest swanjackal. To your good health I'll drink to this evening.

And I will blaze one down in your honour

Anyone having a on 20:46 - Oct 13 with 19314 viewsmax936

Anyone having a on 20:42 - Oct 13 by Lord_Bony

With my condition I haven't drunk in 4 months...can't say I miss it that much.

Definatley leaner without it though still have the occasional glass of wine.

Good luck to all that enjoy a drop...enjoy.

Good luck and best wishes to you as well Paul,

Anyone having a on 20:48 - Oct 13 with 19302 viewsLord_Bony

Anyone having a on 20:46 - Oct 13 by max936

Good luck and best wishes to you as well Paul,

One day I'll drink to that..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:49 - Oct 13 with 19297 viewslifelong

If you’re down in St David’s in the near future Dicky there’s loads of sloes down by Porthclais Harbour.
Anyone having a on 20:51 - Oct 13 with 19295 viewsmax936

Anyone having a on 20:48 - Oct 13 by Lord_Bony

One day I'll drink to that..

I'll buy the drink

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 21:17 - Oct 13 with 19247 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 20:49 - Oct 13 by lifelong

If you’re down in St David’s in the near future Dicky there’s loads of sloes down by Porthclais Harbour.

I'll be checking that place out Lifey. Thanks
Anyone having a "dry " October? on 21:30 - Oct 13 with 19223 viewsAguycalledJack

Hell no. It’s a football day tomorrow.
Anyone having a on 21:31 - Oct 13 with 19223 viewsswanjackal

Anyone having a on 20:51 - Oct 13 by max936

I'll buy the drink

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 21:48 - Oct 13 with 19197 viewsjack2jack

No, it's been p!ssin down most of the time
Anyone having a "dry " October? on 21:53 - Oct 13 with 19185 viewsJack_Meoff

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 21:48 - Oct 13 by jack2jack

No, it's been p!ssin down most of the time

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 21:59 - Oct 13 with 19170 viewsjack2jack

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 21:53 - Oct 13 by Jack_Meoff

👍
Anyone having a "dry " October? on 22:37 - Oct 13 with 19126 viewssherpajacob

Not in a, world cup qualification year.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 02:56 - Oct 14 with 19028 viewsLoyal

I lasted three days then realised I didn't actually fcking drink !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 07:24 - Oct 14 with 18993 viewsbuilthjack

I was dry until a funeral yesterday. Met a few old friends and the rest is history. A good old breakfast needed this morning before watching the swans get 3 points.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anyone having a "dry " October? on 10:04 - Oct 14 with 18915 viewsJack_Meoff

Anyone watching the dross the Swans are serving up this season without the anaesthetising effects of at least four beers has my deepest sympathies.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Anyone having a on 11:08 - Oct 14 with 18873 viewsWingstandwood

Anyone think like me on this? When I was younger tee-total types were by myself frowned upon. wrongly deemed boring, not one of the crowd, killjoys to themselves....But now?...... Those types have my resepct at admiration i.e. it takes some doing to go without a drink!

Argus!

Anyone having a on 11:14 - Oct 14 with 18861 viewsPrivate_Partz

Anyone having a on 11:08 - Oct 14 by Wingstandwood

Anyone think like me on this? When I was younger tee-total types were by myself frowned upon. wrongly deemed boring, not one of the crowd, killjoys to themselves....But now?...... Those types have my resepct at admiration i.e. it takes some doing to go without a drink!

Everything I have ever enjoyed was rarely done through sober eyes. It is a learning curve for me. I don't want to give up the pub culture but it is surprising how few alcohol free drinks there are about. Most are pretty poor but not done Becks Blue yet. Word is that is OK.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024