Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? 19:25 - Oct 14 with 23397 viewsTheResurrection

Seems strange if that's the case after SELLING OUR 2 WORLD CLASS, BEST EVER PLAYERS, doesn't it?

And this with a tidy sum left over in the bank and £39m worth of talent either on the bench, injured or missing in action, eh?

Don't get me wrong, Huddersfield will go down and it was frustrating we didn't just put them to the sword and destroy them. It's also frustrating some of Clements comments after as this was better but in context, still not great....

But, 13th and let's face it, we should be 8th or 9th.

Tammy or Llorente watch....

To October 14th...

Tammy 5 ---- Llorente 1

Anyone care to comment? Few notable absentees tonight????

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:03 - Oct 15 with 2808 viewsdickythorpe

Ray Winstone is in my head reading all this
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:15 - Oct 15 with 2758 viewsbuilthjack

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 19:33 - Oct 15 by TheResurrection

No, it's my assumption but you said you'd found the 1/2?

Pints at the football is my thing. You can spend an hour or two with Box Office, I'll teach you the ropes. 😉

PM me your name.

Ok, will teach you how to drink. Should be fun. Will sort a date out when I am not driving.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:17 - Oct 15 with 2754 viewsSwanjaxs

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:15 - Oct 15 by builthjack

Ok, will teach you how to drink. Should be fun. Will sort a date out when I am not driving.

Bet you a tenner the Res can drink you under the table.... 😉

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:20 - Oct 15 with 2740 viewsbuilthjack

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:17 - Oct 15 by Swanjaxs

Bet you a tenner the Res can drink you under the table.... 😉

I could get 6/1 for that in a bookies.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:21 - Oct 15 with 2735 viewsSwanjaxs

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:20 - Oct 15 by builthjack

I could get 6/1 for that in a bookies.

Linky pls? 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:41 - Oct 15 with 2704 viewsskettyparkherbert

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 22:09 - Oct 14 by lifelong

10 games or 10 goals???

10 games or 10 goals, i don't know if he will have 10 shots? (fitness issues, Tammys form etc)

Hope to god i'm wrong but i still don't understand the re signing of the big fella??

Tammy looked sharpe yesterday with good movement and work rate, maybe could of had a hat-rick
with a bit more luck and better service.

Bony relies on service because his movement/work rate is limited.

With Leon, Narsing, Ki, Fer, Carroll and Dyer involved yesterday where does that leave Clucas and Mesa especially with Sanchez back next week, whats your thoughts??
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:48 - Oct 15 with 2681 viewsSwanjaxs

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:41 - Oct 15 by skettyparkherbert

10 games or 10 goals, i don't know if he will have 10 shots? (fitness issues, Tammys form etc)

Hope to god i'm wrong but i still don't understand the re signing of the big fella??

Tammy looked sharpe yesterday with good movement and work rate, maybe could of had a hat-rick

With Leon, Narsing, Ki, Fer, Carroll and Dyer involved yesterday where does that leave Clucas and Mesa especially with Sanchez back next week, whats your thoughts??

It's Abraham for me every time over Bony, only Jenkins would have sanctioned a 12 million bid for a player who's started a handful of games in 24 months.... no other team in the Premier league would have entertained such a move.... absolute car crash of a signing

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:58 - Oct 15 with 2663 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:41 - Oct 15 by skettyparkherbert

I agree with some of that and disagree with others.

I think even his biggest critics would be fair enough to admit he's not had time to get up to speed yet, yeah?

He's had what? 20 minutes, a cup 80 minutes, another 80 minutes and 45 minutes?

The second half against Watford was THE best we've played against a bloody good side. We bossed it, dominated it, played 80% of it in their half and had them reeling. Tammy and Bony looked a right handful and without that double shot from Bony, the second one was vintage Bony by the way, the whip and direction he got on that from an awkward angle deserved the eventual tap in goal that followed.

The half against West Ham, where you could argue, he was starting to get a head of steam, he was making us tick. That half was another of our best performances of the season and that shot from distance was a beauty. Ok Hart had to save it, but he'll catch them closer than that and wider of the keeper as the season will go on.

I've been more than happy with Bony in the bits he's played. He just needs a run and we'll get the lot - hold up play, linking, strength and power, presence and goals. That I will assure you of.... if he gets the minutes through playing, so obviously being injury free.

I will give you this. We will need to see the Bony/Tammy pairing again as there was a great one half of them together (Watford) and one not so good (West Ham) Can they play together? This is a slight concern based only, as of yet, on little evidence.

They're both massive assets though.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 21:16 - Oct 15 with 2639 viewsskettyparkherbert

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:58 - Oct 15 by TheResurrection

I think even his biggest critics would be fair enough to admit he's not had time to get up to speed yet, yeah?

The second half against Watford was THE best we've played against a bloody good side. We bossed it, dominated it, played 80% of it in their half and had them reeling. Tammy and Bony looked a right handful and without that double shot from Bony, the second one was vintage Bony by the way, the whip and direction he got on that from an awkward angle deserved the eventual tap in goal that followed.

The half against West Ham, where you could argue, he was starting to get a head of steam, he was making us tick. That half was another of our best performances of the season and that shot from distance was a beauty. Ok Hart had to save it, but he'll catch them closer than that and wider of the keeper as the season will go on.

I've been more than happy with Bony in the bits he's played. He just needs a run and we'll get the lot - hold up play, linking, strength and power, presence and goals. That I will assure you of.... if he gets the minutes through playing, so obviously being injury free.

I will give you this. We will need to see the Bony/Tammy pairing again as there was a great one half of them together (Watford) and one not so good (West Ham) Can they play together? This is a slight concern based only, as of yet, on little evidence.

I hope you are right my friend but unfortunately i don't share your enthusiasm about him.

Yes, Bony does need the minutes on the pitch but what has he been doing for the last 18 months or so, he looks miles off the pace to me.Massive risk signing for me.

Don't know if we can play them together up top, i think we look better with Tammy and Ayew in behind or out wide with a 5 in the middle?

We seem to be overloaded with midfielders but Clement doesn't seem to know his best midfield as yet?
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 21:27 - Oct 15 with 2616 viewsxmastree

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:58 - Oct 15 by TheResurrection

Im with u pal. Of course, like you i'll be crucified.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:27 - Oct 15 with 2615 viewsxmastree

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:29 - Oct 15 with 2603 viewsSwanjaxs

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:27 - Oct 15 by xmastree

Fantastic post 👍

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 21:38 - Oct 15 with 2577 viewsskettyparkherbert

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 21:27 - Oct 15 by xmastree

Im with u pal. Of course, like you i'll be crucified.

I'm not here to crucify anybody, like others on here just giving an opinion on Bony's re signing.

I hope to god i'm wrong but only time will tell whether it was a good bit of business or a Mare, i fear the latter myself?
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 00:09 - Oct 16 with 2520 viewsGaryjack

Just out of curiosity Chris, and going back to your OP. How much would you say we have in this 'tidy sum'? And where is this £39m of 'talent' that's been left on the bench or are injured. Can you give me a breakdown?
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 13:12 - Oct 16 with 2443 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 00:09 - Oct 16 by Garyjack

Just out of curiosity Chris, and going back to your OP. How much would you say we have in this 'tidy sum'? And where is this £39m of 'talent' that's been left on the bench or are injured. Can you give me a breakdown?

Injured, on bench or missing in action:

Clucas £16m
Bony £12m
Mesa £11m

Total £39m

Tidy sum over:

Estimated to be in region of £20m

Result:

Healthy as fack Football Club which is growing, learning and getting stronger in every game.

It's just some need to knock it down....

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 13:20 - Oct 16 with 2438 viewsdobjack2

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 13:12 - Oct 16 by TheResurrection

Clucas £16m
Bony £12m
Mesa £11m

Total £39m

Tidy sum over:

Result:

Healthy as fack Football Club which is growing, learning and getting stronger in every game.

Except a club of our size can't afford to spend £27 million on 2 players who are MIA or not starting, especially when you add in Baston as well.

The bit that isn't healthy is our recruitment.
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 13:23 - Oct 16 with 2430 viewsMeraki

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 13:12 - Oct 16 by TheResurrection

Clucas £16m
Bony £12m
Mesa £11m

Total £39m

Tidy sum over:

Result:

Shall we stop drinking together?
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:44 - Oct 16 with 2380 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 13:20 - Oct 16 by dobjack2

Except a club of our size can't afford to spend £27 million on 2 players who are MIA or not starting, especially when you add in Baston as well.

The bit that isn't healthy is our recruitment.

We didn't. We spent £11m on the one missing in action. I'm sure everyone is as baffled as me why he's been castigated like he has. It's certainly not due to his performances.

One of the others was on the bench but for some stupid reason is being played out of position.

And the other is injured which I hope you'll agree just happens in football.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:45 - Oct 16 with 2376 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 13:23 - Oct 16 by Meraki

Shall we stop drinking together?

Did we start?

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:52 - Oct 16 with 2364 viewsnantywatcher

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:44 - Oct 16 by TheResurrection

We didn't. We spent £11m on the one missing in action. I'm sure everyone is as baffled as me why he's been castigated like he has. It's certainly not due to his performances.

One of the others was on the bench but for some stupid reason is being played out of position.

Nearly always in tandem with you on your thoughts,Res, however,
Mesa - " It's certainly not due to his performances."
I would have to disagree. My thoughts on his home performances have left me mightily underwhelmed, and I see nothing about him to get excited about. I would love for him to shove those words down my throat before the end of the year, but at the moment I cannot see that happening
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 15:11 - Oct 16 with 2350 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:52 - Oct 16 by nantywatcher

Nearly always in tandem with you on your thoughts,Res, however,
Mesa - " It's certainly not due to his performances."
I would have to disagree. My thoughts on his home performances have left me mightily underwhelmed, and I see nothing about him to get excited about. I would love for him to shove those words down my throat before the end of the year, but at the moment I cannot see that happening

Watford second half?

You see. I think he's the perfect option to get us playing a bit more. He ain't perfect but he's busy in the right places, great technique and pushes us forward.

He at least deserves a run of games because the small sample we've seen clearly isn't enough to make a proper judgement one way or the other.

Strange what's gone on there though....

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 18:21 - Oct 16 with 2279 viewsdobjack2

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:44 - Oct 16 by TheResurrection

Agree with you about bony which is why I left him out.

Clucas I agree has been played out of position and like you I don't get that. The issue though is the manager doesn't appear to want to play him in his favoured position. Which beggars questions like who decided to buy him, why and what position did the personthat bought him think he would be playing in? I think he's a decent player but at the moment it looks like money that could have been spent better.

Agree with you about mesa- again the manager doesn't appear to want him at the moment either.

There appears to be a disconnect between those identifying expensive signings and the managers. Baston being another example.

Tammy and Sanches- both loans- are clearly down to the manager.

This disconnect in relation to big signings is nothing new and something we cannot keep doing. When is the chairman calling in the director of football And reviewing the work of the head of recruitment? Wasn't it due some time ago?
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 18:35 - Oct 16 with 2260 viewspencoedjack

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 18:21 - Oct 16 by dobjack2

Agree with you about bony which is why I left him out.

Clucas I agree has been played out of position and like you I don't get that. The issue though is the manager doesn't appear to want to play him in his favoured position. Which beggars questions like who decided to buy him, why and what position did the personthat bought him think he would be playing in? I think he's a decent player but at the moment it looks like money that could have been spent better.

Agree with you about mesa- again the manager doesn't appear to want him at the moment either.

There appears to be a disconnect between those identifying expensive signings and the managers. Baston being another example.

Tammy and Sanches- both loans- are clearly down to the manager.

This disconnect in relation to big signings is nothing new and something we cannot keep doing. When is the chairman calling in the director of football And reviewing the work of the head of recruitment? Wasn't it due some time ago?

Clement was delighted to sign ‘versatile’ Clucas ...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/

Also delighted to sign the technically gifted Mesa to get Swansea back to their passing game

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 02:25 - Oct 17 with 2180 viewsLeonWasGod

Clucas £16m
Bony £12m
Mesa £11m

Total £39m

Tidy sum over:

Result:

£20 m is a tidy sum in isolation, but only if you ignore the full costs of running the club, affects of player amortisation, the £15 m shortfall in last year's accounts, etc.
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 06:41 - Oct 17 with 2156 viewsdobjack2

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 18:35 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

Clement was delighted to sign ‘versatile’ Clucas ...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/

Also delighted to sign the technically gifted Mesa to get Swansea back to their passing game

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/

Well he would [say that] wouldn't he.

Actions speak louder than words though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024