Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? 19:25 - Oct 14 with 23440 viewsTheResurrection

Seems strange if that's the case after SELLING OUR 2 WORLD CLASS, BEST EVER PLAYERS, doesn't it?

And this with a tidy sum left over in the bank and £39m worth of talent either on the bench, injured or missing in action, eh?

Don't get me wrong, Huddersfield will go down and it was frustrating we didn't just put them to the sword and destroy them. It's also frustrating some of Clements comments after as this was better but in context, still not great....

But, 13th and let's face it, we should be 8th or 9th.

Tammy or Llorente watch....

To October 14th...

Tammy 5 ---- Llorente 1

Anyone care to comment? Few notable absentees tonight????

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 22:48 - Oct 14 with 2906 viewsZZoric

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 22:32 - Oct 14 by Kinsey

But clinging on to the past isn’t healthy, that’s why I disagree with any player returning to a club.

"dear god" - u really dont think clearly nor deeply
- Leon

stop disagreeing with stuff - and say something, anything
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 22:53 - Oct 14 with 2888 viewsbuilthjack

I don't think Bony will hit ten. Not because he is a bad player, as I rate him highly. Most of the time he will have his back to goal, bringing others in to play, and creating chances for the midfield and Tammy. He will flick on with his head for Tammy etc to chase, providing assists.
I think he will chip in with 6 or 7, but can't see him getting a shed full.
I hope, like Kinsey, I am proved wrong and he hits 20..

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 23:29 - Oct 14 with 2848 viewsPozuelosSideys

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 22:27 - Oct 14 by TheResurrection

I gave you some suggestions.

Things I'd like to see....

Tammy 18 goals
Bony 10
Ayew 5

Carroll 7 assists
Ayew 7

12 clean sheets
Higher than 12th

'Ang on.

You said on the first page that Carroll this season will get close to Gylfi's number of assists of last season.

7 is not close to 13.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 00:46 - Oct 15 with 2802 viewswhiterock

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 23:29 - Oct 14 by PozuelosSideys

'Ang on.

You said on the first page that Carroll this season will get close to Gylfi's number of assists of last season.

7 is not close to 13.

I worry for Carroll, like Ramsey, once you fail to beat the first man why do we persist?, you man had at least 5 corners, all gash
I lik Carroll but ffs, give the dead balls to someone else
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 04:49 - Oct 15 with 2757 viewsMo_Wives

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 20:06 - Oct 14 by TheResurrection

Bony didn't play you retard.

And Llorente of last season the comparison is you gormless tvvat

Stunning use of insults there. I feel 'gormless' is criminally underused. And when added to tw@t it packs real punch. Good work, old boy.

Although be careful of the 'R-word'....some people will have nothing more to do with you for using it. But those people tend to be retards. That is all

Good luck, Mr Cooper

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 07:14 - Oct 15 with 2714 viewsbuilthjack

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 23:29 - Oct 14 by PozuelosSideys

'Ang on.

7 is not close to 13.

It's just over halfway. He needs some Irn Bru in him as he can hardly lift a corner more than 5 foot in the air.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 08:39 - Oct 15 with 2680 viewsSTID2017

Nobody ever claimed those two were our best ever players.
Curtis, Allchurch, even Latchford far outshone them.
However in context of what Siggy contributed for three seasons and Llorente contributed for one season, they were a big loss.
Today was a valuable win and a much needed improvement against a poor Huddersfield side who have been found out and will slide back down the league.
However as you seem intent on bringing up about these two former players, you are very much in the minority if you believe we are a stronger team without them.
Were it not for being lucky to sign a self motivated player like Tammy, we'd have one goal and at best five points, assuming we'd still scored against Palace.
Your comparisons don't hold water - neither does your argument that we are a better side.
Long way to May - if we are mid table then it will be great.
At the moment it means less than nothing.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 08:41 - Oct 15 with 2679 viewsKinsey

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 08:39 - Oct 15 by STID2017

However in context of what Siggy contributed for three seasons and Llorente contributed for one season, they were a big loss.
Today was a valuable win and a much needed improvement against a poor Huddersfield side who have been found out and will slide back down the league.
However as you seem intent on bringing up about these two former players, you are very much in the minority if you believe we are a stronger team without them.
Were it not for being lucky to sign a self motivated player like Tammy, we'd have one goal and at best five points, assuming we'd still scored against Palace.
Your comparisons don't hold water - neither does your argument that we are a better side.

Very well said
Login to get fewer ads

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 12:02 - Oct 15 with 2616 viewsHCMC

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 21:49 - Oct 14 by TheResurrection

What's your name then? And I've never seen him make a real bet ever. But you'll have to explain WTF thats got to do with me though?

Me, I'm a bit different. Love a punt, football, horses, whatever. What do you want to put your money on?

We'll finish higher than last season?
Tammy will get more than Wardrobe?
How about Bony getting 10 if he plays 25?

So you are saying you will take a bet on ANY of the scenarios below ?

Since you love a punt.

You think Bony will score 10 if he plays 25

Tammy will score more than "wardrobe"

We( Swansea city fc) will finish higher than last season.

Can you confirm you have the bottle to back up your words in a cash bet on any of the above i choose?

If so I will meet you before the next home game and we can each hand over £100
to a trusted board member to hold until the outcome of the said bet that will be clearly posted here be determined.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 12:14]
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 12:10 - Oct 15 with 2603 viewsswansea68

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 19:47 - Oct 14 by Darran

Well whether he does or not is another question but how dull must be for someone to compare the goals scored of a player that 'plays' for us to a player that doesn't 'play' for Spurs.

It's utterly bizarre.

He's means Oct 14/15th last year Lorentz only scored 1 by then and Tammy got 5 already
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 12:39 - Oct 15 with 2579 viewsE20Jack

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 08:39 - Oct 15 by STID2017

Individually. But we wre not individuals out there, we are a team.

In order for those two to be able to contribute what they did, the other 8 outfield players had to sacrifice what they could contribute. That contributed to a worse scenario than if they were not here.

It is no coincidence that we have had our worst ever league finishes with Gylfi in our side permanently. Our team is stunted as a result and it all tries to go through him, we even shoehorned him into a wide position just to keep him on the field which further stunted our performances.

Grab someone like Chadli or any one of his ilk, grab any one who can head the ball. Make the whole team focus being crossing to said striker or passing to our Chaldi type player - the result of that is those two will score more than anyone else - but the team would suffer... Which it did. He is not the main focus at Everton, gets the same chance to create as everyone else - and he looks lost.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 12:55]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 12:52 - Oct 15 with 2569 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 12:39 - Oct 15 by E20Jack

In order for those two to be able to contribute what they did, the other 8 outfield players had to sacrifice what they could contribute. That contributed to a worse scenario than if they were not here.

It is no coincidence that we have had our worst ever league finishes with Gylfi in our side permanently. Our team is stunted as a result and it all tries to go through him, we even shoehorned him into a wide position just to keep him on the field which further stunted our performances.

Grab someone like Chadli or any one of his ilk, grab any one who can head the ball. Make the whole team focus being crossing to said striker or passing to our Chaldi type player - the result of that is those two will score more than anyone else - but the team would suffer... Which it did. He is not the main focus at Everton, gets the same chance to create as everyone else - and he looks lost.

Absolutely correct.

how come people can't see this FFS??!

To HMRC or whoever you are I'm happy to bet on the 3 scenarios but not at that money. Not unless you give me the market rate for them, so meet me on Saturday and put your cash where your mouth is. Does anyone know who you are?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:18 - Oct 15 with 2512 viewsmonmouth

Everton fans getting even less impressed.

I hope for his own sake, because I don’t have anything against him at all, he does something for them soon. But by god he’s made his bed. 45m...chortle.

Edit link
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gylfi-sigurdsson.98417/page-93
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 14:19]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:26 - Oct 15 with 2507 viewsHCMC

the resurrection

To HMRC or whoever you are I'm happy to bet on the 3 scenarios but not at that money. Not unless you give me the market rate for them, so meet me on Saturday and put your cash where your mouth is. Does anyone know who you are?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Market rate ? there is no market rate for such scenarios.

I want a straight bet with you are you prepared to take it?

You are the one who challenged another poster giving a choice of three straight yes or no bets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the resurrection.

Me, I'm a bit different. Love a punt, football, horses, whatever. What do you want to put your money on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am
prepared to to take your offer on one of them so yes i will back my opinion up with money.

£100 winner takes all cant be simpler than that can it?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 14:56]
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:30 - Oct 15 with 2499 viewsMo_Wives

I'm putting a bet on the Res beating HCMC up and robbing his money when they meet

Good luck, Mr Cooper

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:42 - Oct 15 with 2479 viewsbuilthjack

No answer from Christopher regarding the bet I offered. I guess he only bets on dead certs. Some people do.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 15:03 - Oct 15 with 2453 viewssnork44

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:18 - Oct 15 by monmouth

Everton fans getting even less impressed.

I hope for his own sake, because I don’t have anything against him at all, he does something for them soon. But by god he’s made his bed. 45m...chortle.

Edit link
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gylfi-sigurdsson.98417/page-93
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 14:19]

Well Sigurdsson has been playing absolutely shit today , his free kick was so un-Siggy like ,that it was an embarrassment ! Williams and Gylfi are suffering from the Swansea 'curse' and if this form continues Koeman could well be the next manager getting the old tin tack !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 15:21 - Oct 15 with 2434 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 14:26 - Oct 15 by HCMC

the resurrection

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Market rate ? there is no market rate for such scenarios.

I want a straight bet with you are you prepared to take it?

You are the one who challenged another poster giving a choice of three straight yes or no bets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the resurrection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am
prepared to to take your offer on one of them so yes i will back my opinion up with money.

£100 winner takes all cant be simpler than that can it?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 14:56]

Of course there's a market rate. All you'd have to do is call up one of the bookies and they'll give you a price.

I like a punt but I'm no mug.

So are we on?

Same for you Builth

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 15:55 - Oct 15 with 2397 viewsvetchonian

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 12:39 - Oct 15 by E20Jack

And Gymfi wasn't here in the season we had our highest finish?
Get you your facts straight
And consider that following that season when we finished 8th we had many managerial changes
So yes let's hang on it all on Gylfi
You and the Res need to give it a rsst

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 16:09 - Oct 15 with 2375 viewsTheResurrection

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 15:55 - Oct 15 by vetchonian

And Gymfi wasn't here in the season we had our highest finish?
Get you your facts straight
And consider that following that season when we finished 8th we had many managerial changes
So yes let's hang on it all on Gylfi
You and the Res need to give it a rsst

Yes. He was here for the beginning of our demise and played a strong part in our downfall.

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 16:13 - Oct 15 with 2363 viewsswanjackal

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 04:49 - Oct 15 by Mo_Wives

Stunning use of insults there. I feel 'gormless' is criminally underused. And when added to tw@t it packs real punch. Good work, old boy.

Although be careful of the 'R-word'....some people will have nothing more to do with you for using it. But those people tend to be retards. That is all

Great breakdown of the term "retarded" in the first minute or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 16:16 - Oct 15 with 2350 viewsHCMC

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 15:21 - Oct 15 by TheResurrection

Of course there's a market rate. All you'd have to do is call up one of the bookies and they'll give you a price.

I like a punt but I'm no mug.

So are we on?

Same for you Builth

Do you think so ? the bookies would not have these scenarios priced up.If you think they have then what are the bookies "market rates" ( odds ) for these scenarios.

Any bookie is going to go far less than the true "market rate" on any event thats how they make their money.

You came out with the offer any of 3 straight yes or no bets nothing to do with "market rates" or anything and told another poster to take their choice.Stick to your offer like you posted and yes I will place £100 on it with you.

And like kinsey and builth we will all meet up to give the stakes on Saturday to a trusted board member to hold until the season ends cant get simplier than that.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 17:34]
So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 16:18 - Oct 15 with 2342 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m happy to hold the money for any bet. The Res knows me and I sit just behind him. Or you can tell me to piss off if you want. Either works.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 16:19]

Poll: Tory leader

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 16:21 - Oct 15 with 2330 viewswhoflungdung

The fact it was our best performance with none of our summer purchases starting feels weird really

Dyer back too

Why bother spending money at all of you re not gonna pick the players

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 16:26 - Oct 15 with 2309 viewsexiledclaseboy

So is this the highest league position in 2 seasons? on 16:21 - Oct 15 by whoflungdung

The fact it was our best performance with none of our summer purchases starting feels weird really

Dyer back too

Why bother spending money at all of you re not gonna pick the players

Well Sanches and Bony were both injured. Clucas suffers from being terminally average. Mesa seems to be persona non grata for reasons that are open to speculation.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024