Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carroll - a man of two halfs 08:43 - Oct 15 with 6451 viewsSTID2017

Most of the first half he was largely disappointing.
Second half was much better.
Needs more confidence, as he had last season
Overall, well done today Tom.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 08:53 - Oct 15 with 6430 viewsyescomeon

Take away the set play sh!t-show from the first half and he had a very good game.

Upthecity!

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:02 - Oct 15 with 6364 viewsmonmouth

The first half was disappointing? Apart from laying on the good chance for Abraham in the first ten minutes and then putting a goal on a plate for him you mean?

He did give the ball away a bit, but on balance, I’d take that level of disappointing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:13 - Oct 15 with 6333 viewsTheResurrection

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:02 - Oct 15 by monmouth

The first half was disappointing? Apart from laying on the good chance for Abraham in the first ten minutes and then putting a goal on a plate for him you mean?

He did give the ball away a bit, but on balance, I’d take that level of disappointing.

I swear STID lives in some kind of parallel universe.

What have the Roman's ever done for us springs to mind.

What a beaut.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:22 - Oct 15 with 6312 views34dfgdf54

I’m not Carroll’s biggest fan, and didn’t see the game yesterday, but from the highlights he seemed to be a big part of anything positive going forward so well done to him.

Now Ki is fit, competition does seem to be hotting up in central midfield, especially if we keep to the 451 with wingers. Can only be good news.
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:41 - Oct 15 with 6259 viewspencoedjack

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:22 - Oct 15 by 34dfgdf54

I’m not Carroll’s biggest fan, and didn’t see the game yesterday, but from the highlights he seemed to be a big part of anything positive going forward so well done to him.

Now Ki is fit, competition does seem to be hotting up in central midfield, especially if we keep to the 451 with wingers. Can only be good news.

His dad ( or the Res) probably edited the highlights mate

A neat & tidy footballer is Tom nowt else
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:43 - Oct 15 with 6247 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He played really well without the ball yesterday. His constant pressuring of their players (along with others) stopped Huddersfield getting momentum in the game. Never shies away from making himself available even when he’s not playing at his best which his team mates will appreciate.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:14 - Oct 15 with 6184 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:43 - Oct 15 by Joe_bradshaw

He played really well without the ball yesterday. His constant pressuring of their players (along with others) stopped Huddersfield getting momentum in the game. Never shies away from making himself available even when he’s not playing at his best which his team mates will appreciate.

This
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:15 - Oct 15 with 6183 viewslonglostjack

Ran his socks off yesterday but not very effective. A bit like Siggy but without the ability to take a decent set piece.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:16 - Oct 15 with 6179 viewsDr_Winston

Probably his best performance of the season so far, although we need a better set piece option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:23 - Oct 15 with 6163 viewsDafyddHuw

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:41 - Oct 15 by pencoedjack

His dad ( or the Res) probably edited the highlights mate

A neat & tidy footballer is Tom nowt else

This. He's OK, tidy and that, but we what we need in midfield, he can't give us - a large personality who can take a game by the scruff.

And it's absolutely shockng that he can't kick a dead ball.
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:28 - Oct 15 with 6146 viewsNeath_Jack

His name isn't Joey Allen so he'll never be given credit by some.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:29 - Oct 15 with 6143 viewsCooperman

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:16 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

Probably his best performance of the season so far, although we need a better set piece option.

And this folks just about sums things up.

A goal just before half time will have done wonders for morale and this showed in the second half where some of the passing and movement was back to levels that we've seen previously.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 11:33 - Oct 15 with 6126 viewsdickythorpe

If Clement the coach has anything about him he will be working Carroll in training but then the whole damn squad need to work very, very hard.

I hope this win is the "penny dropping" game that springboards us for the rest of the season.
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 20:28 - Oct 15 with 5950 viewsSTID2017

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 10:13 - Oct 15 by TheResurrection

I swear STID lives in some kind of parallel universe.

What have the Roman's ever done for us springs to mind.

What a beaut.

Get real.
Had we not scored at the end of the first half, he and the team would have come out nervously in the second half and Carroll's performance would have been no better than we've seen in recent weeks.
I rather live in any universe rather than the sad one you live in BTW
Beaut

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 20:39 - Oct 15 with 5926 viewsHighjack

I've been a big supporter for Tom since he came on loan under Garry Monk, he was grossly underused that season, and he was very very good when he came back last season. But surely most will admit he's been very poor at the start of this season by the standard he has set.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 21:58 - Oct 15 with 5861 viewsjasfan

I thought Tom Carroll had a very good game yesterday.

Unfortunately one his weaknesses is his inability to retain the ball when closed down. However this happened a lot less yesterday, as I think he benefited from the side's greater movement and attacking intent, in that it offered him more passing options, particularly going forward. He was then not afraid to try difficult passes, demonstrating that he can be one of our more creative players. His work rate was also excellent and he seemed to be a bit more tenacious in his attempts to close down opposition players and nick the ball.
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:21 - Oct 15 with 5817 viewsRancid

It's weird how he came back to us so soon and as a completely different type of player.We might have used him differently originally because all I remember of him from his first spell here was he could pass the ball sideways, Ki and Leon like.

He's now a flair player and our main attempt at having a playmaker.He's going to be some player in a couple of years.Right now he's inconsistent but you can still see that theres a real talent ready to explode onto the scene.Jack Wilshere without the Lambert & Butler habit and less injury prone potentially.
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:26 - Oct 15 with 5808 viewsjasper_T

He's been like that all season. Grows into games instead of starting well, and he's our only midfielder with 90 good minutes in his legs.

Leon and Ki struggle after an hour. Fer looks knackered coming out for the second half.
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:31 - Oct 15 with 5795 viewsGlyn1

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:26 - Oct 15 by jasper_T

He's been like that all season. Grows into games instead of starting well, and he's our only midfielder with 90 good minutes in his legs.

Leon and Ki struggle after an hour. Fer looks knackered coming out for the second half.

Clucas is also a 90 minute player.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:31 - Oct 15 with 5794 viewsjasper_T

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:31 - Oct 15 by Glyn1

Better as a 0 minute player.
N/A. on 22:46 - Oct 15 with 5771 viewsHuw57

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:31 - Oct 15 by Glyn1

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:15]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:49 - Oct 15 with 5759 viewsRancid

Writing Clucas off within a half dozen games is the thoughts of a dunce.
Carroll - a man of two halfs on 04:23 - Oct 16 with 5705 viewsDr_Winston

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 22:49 - Oct 15 by Rancid

Writing Clucas off within a half dozen games is the thoughts of a dunce.

Half a dozen games, none of which in the position he played for Hull last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 14:44 - Oct 16 with 5570 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 04:23 - Oct 16 by Dr_Winston

Half a dozen games, none of which in the position he played for Hull last season.

How did he typically line up for Hull? Can't say I remember for sure, but it seemed like he was their #10 at least some of the time.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

N/A. on 22:55 - Oct 16 with 5431 viewsHuw57

Carroll - a man of two halfs on 14:44 - Oct 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

How did he typically line up for Hull? Can't say I remember for sure, but it seemed like he was their #10 at least some of the time.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:15]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024